• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

hectichobo

Smash Ace
This is how i see it... These weird purple puppets are like pollygons/wireframes...And Master Hand & Crazy Hand is a little kid. And these trophies are his toys... I can't really explain the lvls though... Well baby the polygons will return along with the wireframes... And the can kick @$$ with the boxing guys.... Mabey theres 3 storylines... 1 with polygons 1 with wireframes, and won with the ???'s. The possibilities are endless.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
lol even though there nothing like smurfs Im pretty sure meta knight is going to be evil or it will pull a cliche Kirby game and he'll be evil or seem evil then help in the end

Eaode

Smash Champion
DO NOT start complaining that it would be released sooner if they didn't make a single player game.

Thats like saying Oh Halo 3 would be released right now if not for single player.

WOW, OF COURSE IT WOULD RELEASE FASTER, you're taking away a big part of the game. Yea we should have that attitude towards everything "Wow why should they finish the game when they could just release it sooner?"

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
who says meta knight HAS been kicked out of his ship?

its more likely that e's in HIS ship than for him to be randomly hijacked. Even if he ends up being good in the end, it's still his ship, so it's pretty safe to assume (while still acknowledging the other possibility) that he's in it.
Agreed with you 100% .....too many people are uptight with the fact Metaknight may possibly play a "villain" role....

it's just the story people....heck, for all we know, Pit could turn evil (based on the screenshots of him beside the purple dude.....and that green haired woman......whom I'm still trying to figure out the identity of)

....besides.... lol, nothing could have gotten past Metaknight's pwnswording abilities to get to the ship in the first place :psycho:

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
OK, i have some questions, but before that, id like to make somethin clear:
the first bundle of pics are SCREENSHOTS, and the second are CUTSCENES

OK now, here are my questions
1-In the last pic of the screenshots, the flying Meta-bot is holdin somethin?
2-In the left-bottom pic of the cutscenes, isnt that Palutena?

oh and just to recall, the third pic from the screenshots, the meta-bot's holdin a lasergun:laugh:

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Lol i think the ???'s are gonna be playabe... Just like Giga Bowser, Male/Female Wireframes, Crazy Hand, & Master Hand were in Melee.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Agreed with you 100% .....too many people are uptight with the fact Metaknight may possibly play a "villain" role....

it's just the story people....heck, for all we know, Pit could turn evil (based on the screenshots of him beside the purple dude.....and that green haired woman......whom I'm still trying to figure out the identity of)

....besides.... lol, nothing could have gotten past Metaknight's pwnswording abilities to get to the ship in the first place :psycho:
The green haired woman is Palutena, a Kid Icarus Character.

And Metaknight's been evil before, but since you see him fight enemies, he'll probably not be in this game, and it's just his ship.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Even if the game were done sooner, it'd still be released December 3rd. Why? If they release it during the hollidays they get more money. They're trying to release it when they make the most money. Unless, of course, you think Adventure Mode prevented it from being a launch title.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Thanks for stating the obvious that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

For the record however, If less focus was placed on single player, then logically the game would be done faster. Focus being time and money.

The decision to have a large single player component was undoubtedly made early in development. Thus, if it had not been made, one can only assume that the release date would be before December 3rd.
Obviously, but what you're pretty much saying is that you think they're wasting time on 1 player mode because you don't want it in.

The fact that time and money would be saved by not making it is almost like saying that time and money would be saved on Mario Galaxy if they didn't finish the last few levels. They're making a complete game here. Stop whining, just because they're including something you don't like.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
??? is going to be unlockable through an action replay... Like giga bowser, sandbag, female/male wireframes, and masterhand/crazyhand. I bet all of the assist trophys are gonna be abe to get unlocked through action replay...

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
The green haired woman is Palutena, a Kid Icarus Character.

And Metaknight's been evil before, but since you see him fight enemies, he'll probably not be in this game, and it's just his ship.
just because he is fighting in one screen does not mean that he isn't in his ship in the other one......

Actually, I believe there IS one...

Kirby...lol
NEVER!!!!!

Meta "Pwnswords"......Kirby "sucks"

lmao:chuckle:

shinypaper

Smash Rookie
In the video it shows Mario, Peach, Kirby, and Zelda team up to fight the ???'s. Anyone think the mode will offer any kind of co-op mode? Would you like that? or not so much?

The story mode looks like a lot of fun, and it will most likely be the way that most everything will be unlocked. (stating the obvious i know).

It's not that farfetched that meta-knight himself is dropping the purple goop, seeing as he and Kirby are in fact ENEMIES.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
This adventure mode has now a name, what if there are other modes?
It can go either way on this one. Notice the title of the game. The "Subspace Emissary" is a subtitle of "Adventure Mode."
OR
It replaced the Adventure Mode, but he put the words "Adventure Mode" there to show that it is replacing it.

The first one seems a lot more reasonable to me, but hey, it's Sakurai we're dealing with. Who knows?

And also, I still think Link and Yoshi are watching MK's ship head towards the stadium with their franchise counterparts in it. They must've been training. =)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think that weird looking Goat is from Wario World. Cause there were all kinds of freeky things like that in that game. >_>

ecstatic

Smash Journeyman
Within 8,000 miles of you, unless you're in space.
First off, I think (and hope) that Meta Knight is evil, and the screenshot that shows him playable could just be him after turning good or an evil side to the story.

Anyways, the big thing I want to say is that in the screenshots of gameplay, it seems most of the characters are fighting things that relate to them in some way or the other. Those things attacking MK have a shape similar to MKs, and they have swords, the modea attacking samus is charging a beam like her, and the background looks rather Metroid-y, plus the Pit screen looks kinda like Kid Icarus.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
First off, I think (and hope) that Meta Knight is evil, and the screenshot that shows him playable could just be him after turning good or an evil side to the story.

It doesn't need to be anything complicated, and it doesn't need to make sense. In Melee, (giant) Bowser was the final boss of Adventure Mode, but you could still play through Adventure Mode as Bowser. You just fought yourself at the end. Didn't have to make sense.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It doesn't need to be anything complicated, and it doesn't need to make sense. In Melee, (giant) Bowser was the final boss of Adventure Mode, but you could still play through Adventure Mode as Bowser. You just fought yourself at the end. Didn't have to make sense.
And that, Lady and Gentlemen, is what we call a "fighting game"

NeoIronLad

Smash Rookie
ok first off w00t, peach confirmed although that gives away monday's update xP

Secondly, (just to throw it out there) i honestly think that you'd have to play as different characters in each level throughout the story mode, kinda like Event Matches, only all of them linked together by one story. Like the first level would be Mario/Kirby/Peach/Zelda fighting off the robot-thingys, then the plot somehow links together someone else (Link and Yoshi for example) then you play as one (with comp)/Both (in a hopefully incuded co-op) in whatever level they'll have. Then repeat and somehow have all the characters be involved and come together in the end where (somehow) you'll be able to choose a character and beat the last boss, get the character specific ending and repeat with other characters.

Although it brings up the question of whether on not the adventure mode gets longer when you unlock characters. I.E. Snake is confirmed for an unlockable, but will he have a part in the adventure mode after you unlock him?

Also, Space Emissary is a subtitle, meaning HOPEFULLY (and doubtful) there would be other parts to adventure mode.

Thats just my two cents.

PS, what's an emissary? XDDD (I'm thinking like an organization, but just to clarify)

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
i hope that there will be voice acting at least to character that have VA in game or anime,(Peach,Captain Falcon,Bowser,Mewtwo,Meta Knigth,Fox,Falco and Samus(i tink she will have a VA in Metroid Prime3)

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Looks like some characters have sided (or have been brainwashed) to join the Emissary. (Or made copies, or maybe they just jacked meta's ship!)

Another crazy update

Peach confirmed!
Happy birthday Sakurai!

Strider.Mars

Smash Rookie
bah, this is great and all, but it leaves me longing for a fleshed out co-op mode with, not just a "fleshed out single-player game".

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
About Peach being confirmed... you realize that this effectively makes this two days' worth of updates now, since Monday's update (most likely to be Peach) will have no new information.

Still, TOTALLY WORTH IT

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
About Peach being confirmed... you realize that this effectively makes this two days' worth of updates now, since Monday's update (most likely to be Peach) will have no new information.

Still, TOTALLY WORTH IT
Meh, all the character updates have been worthless except for Bowser, Zelda, and Ike; as we knew everyone else was already in the game.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
This update was great, Sakurai is defiantly fixing all the flaws that critics have thrown at him to make an action packed game. Ever since Melee was great for it's multiplayer, but not formerly known for it's adventure mode, he went and fixed it up. So is this an individual story for each player, or will it play the same for every new character.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, this is effing amazing.

So long as there is online multiplayer, that is.

If not, I'll be pissed they wasted their time on this.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice

Still, TOTALLY WORTH IT
eh....we all know snake and MK are in the game but we haven't had updates for them yet
so mondays update may not be peach....tho i hope it is

i want a better look at her

her dress seems more poofy and her face is more asian

she;s still my favorite tho : )

and btw this update is amazing....they did exactly what i;ve been hoping they would do ---
i just hope there is some puzzle and true platform elements to the game too and not just straight on fighting through different backgrounds and enemies

still...i;m very happy

Top Bottom