• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
exactly what i was going to do.that doesnt look like link to me, andi dont think he/she/? even had a sword,the green sword is from a primid.
I got it. It's a subspace enemy in the back. The one who's swinging the sword is one of the Primids. (Used Virtual Dub to find out)

Maybe I'll show some screens later...

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
While its true that it's one of the Primids slicing with that green Beam sword, I still don't get it. It was chopping down other Primids for some reason. Also, it seems that Lucas and Samus team up, though this mainly comes from seeing them in a very similar location (the combo runes/spacecraft).

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Also, Meta Knight was alone in a picture seen on the DOJO but I guest later he'll team up with the Ice Climbers. So I wounder who Ike is paired up with.

So I guess during the freeze frame where you can choose to play as 1 of 2 or 4 characters, the ones you dont pick will a computer.

Actually if you watch the E 4 All DK and Diddy video, youll see that the if you play one player, you DONT have a partner, however one can join in at anytime

The Director

Smash Lord
Also, it seems that Lucas and Samus team up
Although that's not confirmed, that would be a cool pairing.

Also, I think it's safe to assume that every character in the game will be in Subspace. After all, Sakurai said it himself when describing the primid:

Everyone everywhere is acting against it.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well the villains that are playable will come over to join the team, Bowser may do something from Super Mario RPG, he'll team up with mario to get his castle back. Wario just wants money so if he sees money. Any other villains that will be playable we're still not sure why they're with the SSE yet.

626key

Smash Journeyman
I think I've come up with an order, mario vs kirby, sse come, mario, peach, kirby and zelda fight some primid, if you picked mario you launch to the sky, if you picked kirby, you face pp and free zelda/ peach. some time later you get ether dk or diddy, you pick diddy, you team up with fox, unknown what happens to dk

RedKnight

Smash Ace
If you think about it you really wouldnt want a computer partner, since you share the same stock the dumb computer would just be wasting your lives

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think they were frozen pictures on the "Sonic joins the Brawl!" trailer. Someone decided to pause and take screenshots of the many things that go on for only a few seconds. And Sonic with Mario happened to be in that.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
yes they both came from the 'Sonic Joins the Brawl' video, i always thought that them two pairing up was easy to notice and obvious due to that video

626key

Smash Journeyman
I think it sort of means alternative, or rejected, maybe the SSE is looking to take over (what planet do nintendo charectors use)

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
... bowser and technology = no go, same with wario... what do they gain from it? nothing Wario needs a money motive and Bowser just wants to control the mushroom kingdom and defeat mario + have the princess for himself.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
DK has always rivaled Bowser in power and DK has been a rival of sonic as well, i can guess Bowser is defeating any strong opponents so he can get them to fight Mario and kidnap Peach.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
It certainly looks like it. I would just hope that all of these FMVs wouldn't take up too much space on the disc. After all, if this is as in-depth as we think it is, that would mean that they would have to fit in a lot of FMVs, just because of all the various permutations and possibilities that could feasibly exist.

I mean, just thinking along the lines of what we know already, we've got several.

1) Mario vs. Kirby
-If Kirby wins, go to 2
-If Mario wins, go to 3
2) Following the Princesses joining, Kirby is flung away, leaving Mario to deal with Petey
-If Mario saves Peach, go to 4
-If Mario saves Zelda, go to 5
3) Following the Princesses joining, Mario is flung away, leaving Kirby to deal with Petey
-If Kirby saves Peach, go to 6
-If Kirby saves Zelda, go to 7

...and this goes on. :chuckle:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's also another split to be seen when you have DK and Diddy go against Bowser. Depending on which one happens, it may be Diddy getting nabbed by Bowser instead of DK. What that would mean for Fox, would then be left to the imagination...
the cut scene's look to be in real time graphics so it wont take much space any way

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wow. Not much action during Christmas time in this thread? and today's update?

Now I wanted to ask. Now that Trophy stands are SE-only items. Do you think there will be more Emissiary-specific items? I think this leads to great discussion.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but it could spell out some of the plot for us...

...does anybody else notice a pattern here? We've only seen badguys with trophy guns. Bowser and Wario. Is it possible that they're all working together? Could the badguys possibly be working for the Ancient Minister? After all, one of the official descriptions of SSE says that the AM is turning characters into trophies and using their power against them. Could he be using the Nintendo badguys to do his bidding?

I know what you're going to say. "But Meta Knight's a badguy and we've seen him in gameplay!" True, he is a badguy but not THE badguy of the Kirby series. That's DeDeDe's job.

Oh, and I finally figured out why Bowser took DK and Diddy's bananas. As bait! Lure them out into the open to get them with the trophy gun. Mmm hmm.

So from this we can infer a couple of things:

All the badguys team up against the good guys and are allied with the primid.
OR
All the badguys team up against the good guys and eventually realize the disastrous threat and team up together.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
I know what you're going to say. "But Meta Knight's a badguy and we've seen him in gameplay!" True, he is a badguy but not THE badguy of the Kirby series. That's DeDeDe's job.
And even still, neither of the two are really all that bad. Dedede's more in Wario's camp, if anything (at least, when he's not controlled by Dark Matter), and MetaKnight is, predominantly, a honorable sort. Unless he was controlled against his will, or his hand was otherwise forced, I couldn't see MK being all that bad for any sake.

So from this we can infer a couple of things:

All the badguys team up against the good guys and are allied with the primid.
OR
All the badguys team up against the good guys and eventually realize the disastrous threat and team up together.
Frankly, at this point, I'm expecting to see something more interesting than just seeing bad guys, or "popularly portrayed as bad-boys" being on the side of the SSE. How about some good guys, either corrupted to serve them, or otherwise doing so because they think it's the right thing to do (or they have no choice)?

I mean, I would think it was interesting if those "Dark" colors actually had some bearing in SSE. For instance, what if, on one route through the game, you may have never encountered that character earlier, so you meet their "Dark" version instead?

I would think that would be an interesting thing to see, especially if it was the case that, since Diddy may end up getting snatched up instead of DK on one route, you may never meet Fox appropriately, and face his "Dark" version instead.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I like that idea of yours Cyberben, it is quite possible that could happen. It would make SSE more exciting. :chuckle:

I believe our Villains are working for Subspace. It would be odd to find out that Wario and Bowser were on different sides other than the AM. Think about it...Pete came quickly after the Bomb was planted. Wario probably was planning on taking both princesses. The princess (you save) and Kirby were provoked by Wario and attempted to chase after him. This is what made me believe they are with the Ancient Minister.

Oh yeah, anyone noticed how Peach and Kirby were in Sky World in today's update? In the movie, they were blown off the Halberd and landed on the Ground. Sometime later after that they end up in Sky World? Wonder why they're heading "up"...

Here are the screenshots.

After being blown off. (The ground? You can tell by the surrounding Terrain. Unless it's a floating land.)

After that...

Sky World. (Just Clouds.)

The Director

Smash Lord
They end up in sky world by mistake. The warp star Kirby's riding crashes after an encounter with the Halberd VS Arwing.

BTW, that's a bunch of bull****. Fox being shot down by the Halberd? I re-played Star Fox 64 recently, and he's faced tougher bosses than that thing. His arwing skills must be getting rusty after all these years without a good Star Fox game...

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
BTW, that's a bunch of bull****. Fox being shot down by the Halberd? I re-played Star Fox 64 recently, and he's faced tougher bosses than that thing. His arwing skills must be getting rusty after all these years without a good Star Fox game...
The Halberd was randomly spamming copious amounts of firepower his way, and only his way. I'd like to see any amount of Barrel Rolling being able to deflect ALL of that. :laugh:

But any way, you do bring up a good point. After all, even those these are trophies (or "figures" in the JP version) representing our fave characters, they're not exactly those characters themselves. Being able to "bear the weight" of their personal histories is one thing, but being able to actually live up to them is another thing altogether, right? Maybe "Figure" Fox just isn't capable a pilot as the real thing, because the Figure's primary focus is being able to kick ***, first and foremost.

In other words, maybe it's like comparing the real, legit version of a game on the platform it was meant for, to an emulated version running on another. It's close, but some how...it just can't measure up in some way to the original's performance, so you're bound to get some quirks here and there... :cool:

Maledict

Smash Rookie
the sub-space emisary is the major reason that make the brawl a great must, if you don't buy it, you're the greatess IDIOT ever, my favorite detail are the boss battles, who could imagine kirby vs petey and diddy and fox vs the powerfull rayquaza!!!!!!!! what's next? mario vs meta ridley? (this last one is better as a newcomer) cap falcon vs ganon? link vs arceus? poke trainer vs metroid prime? WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Something might've hit me a bit. Remember the video involving Rayquaza, Diddy, and Fox?

I think the way the boss battle works is that after Rayquaza fell into the lake from its own Dragon Pulse, Bowser shows up and uses his gun and it hits Rayquaza, awakening it again. That's probably when the real fight begins.

Top Bottom