• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
Next SSE update: Yoshis run.

Link is traveling through a mountain when the Prymid attack.
Meanwhile Yoshi is having a snack when he gets hit by a wave of water and falls into a river and everything goes black... Yoshi wakes up to see Link drying him and feeding him an apple. Because of Link's help, Yoshi helps him get through the mountain but a cirtain Koopa boss is already there. After the fight Link thanks Yoshi and the they both go their seperate ways. Yoshi goes back to the river to finish his snack and meets up with Fox who is fixing his Arwing with the help of Diddy.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Next SSE update: Yoshis run.

Link is traveling through a mountain when the Prymid attack.
Meanwhile Yoshi is having a snack when he gets hit by a wave of water and falls into a river and everything goes black... Yoshi wakes up to see Link drying him and feeding him an apple. Because of Link's help, Yoshi helps him get through the mountain but a cirtain Koopa boss is already there. After the fight Link thanks Yoshi and the they both go their seperate ways. Yoshi goes back to the river to finish his snack and meets up with Fox who had just defeated Rayquaza.
well... Im pretty sure Diddy teams up with fox after beating Ray... Yoshi and Link would be a weird combo... I'd much prefer someone yet to really show up in SSE (For certain reasons that they may get another character). Like Samus.

P.S. I dont get your sig -.-;

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
well... Im pretty sure Diddy teams up with fox after beating Ray... Yoshi and Link would be a weird combo... I'd much prefer someone yet to really show up in SSE (For certain reasons that they may get another character). Like Samus.

Oh well I guess your idea works too... oh and the answer to the riddle in my sig is there is no "F" in way (no effin way).

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I figure someone might've mentioned this before, but... wouldn't it be awesome if the Hands turned out to be the Ancient Minister's hands? That would make for a cool plot twist- you finally corner the AM, and then Master Hand and Crazy Hand come out of nowhere and position themselves by his sides?
Yes that was me and I have mentioned this many times...I just think it would be a cool twist, but I think the minister would have to change his appearance to look more menacing before revealing them

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace

There is a screenshot of yoshi and link together.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312

Yoshi and Link already are a combo, which was why he was creating a story about how they could potentially meet up.

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I've got tons of ideas for SSE stories based on the screenshots.
Here is another.

Samus's dangerous discovery.

Samus wanders around looking to see if there are anymore Metroid to fight but all she gets are Prymid. She turns to see Link fighting Bowser and the Halberd shooting at something. Still looking at Link and Bowser she walks on and falls into a small hole. This small was appearently a secret. As she hits the ground her armor brakes off and she notices that she is in a little room, with screens of each character.
Just then, a red light turns on and the room starts filling with gas.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I'm more looking forward to a pit and Ike match or Samus and Snake. Even the Sonic and Mario match up would be sweet. I can think of possible ways for sonic is fight the heroes in SSE, ONLY IF Metal Sonic is a boss.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I had never seen the Yoshi-Link Pic, thanks!
Personally, I want Samus to see some really strange combos say Snake and Pikachu.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I'd like to see Samus get a ridiculous partner such as Lucas, PT, Pikachu, or the Ice Climbers. Ike wouldn't be bad, either- a galactic bounty hunter paired with a medieval mercenary ^_^;

Also, when Link and Yoshi pair up, I'd L-O-V-E to see Link riding Yoshi, and Yoshi rearing like Epona against the sunset XDDD

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I'd like to see Samus get a ridiculous partner such as Lucas, PT, Pikachu, or the Ice Climbers. Ike wouldn't be bad, either- a galactic bounty hunter paired with a medieval mercenary ^_^;

Also, when Link and Yoshi pair up, I'd L-O-V-E to see Link riding Yoshi, and Yoshi rearing like Epona against the sunset XDDD
Haha that would be pretty hilarious, especially if Link uses his ocarina to call Yoshi.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Its pretty much a gaurantee that PT will try to catch an enemy/character thinking they are a pokemon

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
lol PT trying to capture kirby, Dedede, Sonic, Pikachu or yoshi.

I just the DOJO to have an new SSE update before the end of the year. A good pair up as well someone who like Ike or Snake or even Sonic

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post but check out Nintendo.com's description for Brawl. it seems like the SE is the main attraction this time around and the information stated in this overview seems to give information previously unknown. whether this info is factual and from Sakurai is unknown.
It's not exactly 100% factual, but it can be gleaned as being more or less the truth. I believe Sakurai himself said that through SSE, he'll finally get the chance to craft the "epic scale singleplayer" experience that he's wanted to do for years, but just never got the chance to, because Miyamoto suggested that he focus more on the multiplayer facet for the last two games.

Now that he truly gets to run this game as his baby from start to finish, he'll get to have that story mode he wanted so much. And frankly, I think this could only serve for the better. After all, as long as SSE and Multiplayer both receive the polish they deserve, it only stands to make the package deal that much more appealing.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I can see the PT using his Pokedex on all those characters and the Pokedex saying: "THAT ISN'T A POKEMON YOU MORON"
*starts peeing myself laughing* Moron hehe that would be funny, but i bet the same will happen for Snake when he encounters someone, he'll get a call about something and then he teams up with other characters.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/KnFMt3BjmYvIGiGjIfIXqkuretT-KLyA#overview

Sorry for the double post but check out Nintendo.com's description for Brawl. it seems like the SE is the main attraction this time around and the information stated in this overview seems to give information previously unknown. whether this info is factual and from Sakurai is unknown.
1: Isn't there an edit button?

2: I wonder if that's true... makes the whole 'Wario kidnapping the princess' thing make a bit more sense.

The Director

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I think we've already got representation from Mario Galaxy in Subspace.

DK and Diddy fight a giant goomba in the third level at the base of the waterfall. It looks awfully similar to the giant goombas in Galaxy...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
But they are also in SM64, and in older games...over heard of Giant World? The concept of a Giant Enemy has been around for a while, Kirby and the Crystal Shards as well...although I think they are more taking in the concept of DK Giant boss, it is not a Galaxy reference although you think it is (note the background of where they battle)...

SonicMario

Smash Master
There really wasn't even that much Giant Goombas in Galaxy anyway. I can only remember one in the 1st level. Does anybody recall any more?

The Director

Smash Lord
There really wasn't even that much Giant Goombas in Galaxy anyway. I can only remember one in the 1st level. Does anybody recall any more?
I think that might've been it. There may have been a second, but I can't remember.

Also, if Diddy and DK split up after the fight with Bowser and Diddy goes and teams up with Fox, can we assume that DK and Bowser will team up? Two heavyweight fatasses makes sense for a team...

Frogla

Smash Ace
I think that might've been it. There may have been a second, but I can't remember.

Also, if Diddy and DK split up after the fight with Bowser and Diddy goes and teams up with Fox, can we assume that DK and Bowser will team up? Two heavyweight fatasses makes sense for a team...
I would think the other that Bowser turns DK in a trophy and diddy escapes.

626key

Smash Journeyman

maybe they catch up with bowser, and he knocks diddy away, and DK doesn't notice because he's fighting bowser, and eventualy get interupted by you know who, or at least a representative like king k rool

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
maybe they catch up with bowser, and he knocks diddy away, and DK doesn't notice because he's fighting bowser, and eventualy get interupted by you know who, or at least a representative like king k rool
I don't think we can really count on seeing K. Rool. It's my belief that if they really wanted to utilize him, or even a few generic Kremlings, they would have done so already. But instead, we've got Diddy and DK planning operation WinBack from the Koopa Pack.

Besides, I'm not sure, but I think that, by and large, Nintendo has been doing more to try and restore the DK franchise back on their terms, and less because of what Rare did with it back in the 90s.

...Any way...I'm thinking that, like with Mario & Kirby, there probably will be a path split for the DK and Diddy vs. Bowser fight, as well. My thinking? Depending on who you use to defeat Bowser, the other will probably end up getting nabbed by Wario, the Subspace Emissary or just otherwise getting separated from each other.

So, in essence, I'm willing to bet that if you play with Diddy, you'll meet Fox and pal around with him through Diddy. But DK himself may have another route altogether that may entail him teaming up with some other party. Could possibly be Bowser himself, or some other character who we have yet to see play a role in the SSE mode.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Tonight's Dojo update relates to the SSE mode. Go give it a watch.

New things:

MetaKnight seems to be chilling with the Ice Climbers.

Lucas(thanks for the correction!) was seen using a bat (that's gotta hurt the cause for the Ness supporters...)

Bowser seemingly uses one of those things that Wario used to turn Zelda into a statue (I would assume it would be on either Diddy or DK in his case)

Zelda's seemingly got Din's Fire back

Garuda

Smash Ace
You mean Lucas, right?

I knew the whole time Bowser was doing the same... but HOLY FREAKING CRAP HE LOOKED SCARY AS CRAP!!!

I also liked their arrangement of the Tournament theme from Melee.

super-7

Smash Journeyman

New things:

Claus was seen using a bat (that's gotta hurt the cause for the Ness supporters...)

Bowser seemingly uses one of those things that Wario used to turn Zelda into a statue (I would assume it would be on either Diddy or DK in his case)

claus was not in the video

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

New things:

Claus was seen using a bat (that's gotta hurt the cause for the Ness supporters...)

Hm.

Lucas.

Well, that was expected.

Knew that already, E for All confirmed that.

Falsh

Smash Cadet
They really could have included a lot more new footage.... I'm betting they included no more than 10 seconds worth of anything new. Although, It does show the variety in landscapes and Bowser wielding one of those cannons Wario had. Again, some of these updates are making me believe that they are stalling.... Maybe there will be a decent update near Christmas.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Sorry bout that guys. Yes, it's supposed to be Lucas. I guess I just have wishful thinking on the brain. ^^;

Any way, yeah, vid is awesome. January, and when I get my game, seems to be even farther away now...

Top Bottom