• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

volbound1700

Smash Master
This may be the most epic part of brawl, even beyond online play. Finally all the great heroes of video games unite to face one dark enemy. (too bad the enemy looks kind of weak).

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think once the veil is taken off of the ancient minister we will see something unexpected.... well thats atleast what im hoping for..

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Lol^^^^ I doubt it...
Aren't you just a little bit curious what it looks like behind the veil? it could just be a giant hand.. (kidding lol)

anyway.. Im not sure if anyone noticed this but...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea02.html

The third picture with Samus.. the primid thats about to fire at samus seems to be imitating her.. and the other primid seems to be imitating Diddy's final smash...

Im not sure what it could mean... just throwing it out there..

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Aren't you just a little bit curious what it looks like behind the veil? it could just be a giant hand.. (kidding lol)

The third picture with Samus.. the primid thats about to fire at samus seems to be imitating her.. and the other primid seems to be imitating Diddy's final smash...

My bet is that the primids act like the fighting polygons/wireframe characters. And I guess in the end, that really was Sonic's head on Samus' screen. :laugh::)

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l

there is proably soe copy-cat primid and behind the veil... its definetly Ben Aflack

-:coolmonke Cool Monkey

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
there is proably soe copy-cat primid and behind the veil... its definetly Ben Aflack

-:coolmonke Cool Monkey
You could be right... there is nothing more evil than Ben Aflack..(kidding)

I think your copy cat idea could be correct.

Maybe the subspace is trying to turn the characters into trophies and copy their movesets onto new primids while also sending worlds into the subspace

626key

Smash Journeyman
ALL of them will be in, well most of them anyway, according to Sakurai. Besides, every character should be in it, it is the story mode after all. And you unlock most characters via SSE as well.
but what about the ones who are not, if I recall he said MOST

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Can you imagine how fun this game is going to be. Just think about Mario is probably the best platformer ever. Sonic is probably the second. Along with Donkey Kong. Combined all these elements are going to make the game incredible. And if Megaman gets in its just going to make it even better which seems quite impossible right now.

The Director

Smash Lord
The Samus Primid is clearly a 'clone' of Samus. Nothing new, though. We had the same thing with the wire frames in Melee. Makes sense. It's just nice to know that there are a lot of different badguys in this one besides a ton of faceless clones.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Um, I am wondering...as the director for Brawl is the director of the Kirby games...that there is the possibility that this game won't be incredibly long...as Kirby games are quickly completed...

However, Sakurai-sama is not likely to be THAT dense, hopefully he does take into account that Smash is a much more epic game and on a larger scale than Kirby (although I do love Kirby games).

But just something to think about, as I was looking at the SSE shots and kinda thought about Kirby 64 in one...so yeah.

But even if the game is quickly played through once, there's still increased difficulty and alternate paths.

Also, the overworld map looks to be like old Mario games. What game do you think SSE will be on par with as far as length in one playthrough? I'm sure not as long as, say, any Fire Emblem game, but I still hope it's considerably long....

Whatever the result, it WILL be fun, you can count on that.

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if its just me who thinks this but oh well
Isnt it a possibility even though he said most characters, that the characters that arent unlocked through this mode are still in the Subspace Emissary?

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if its just me who thinks this but oh well
Isnt it a possibility even though he said most characters, that the characters that arent unlocked through this mode are still in the Subspace Emissary?
Maybe once you play though SSE new modes (or event matches) are unlocked and thats where the rest of the characters are..IDK just a thought

If only MOST characters are unlocked in SSE then I'm sure they won't all be in it.

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
Maybe once you play though SSE new modes (or event matches) are unlocked and thats where the rest of the characters are..IDK just a thought

If only MOST characters are unlocked in SSE then I'm sure they won't all be in it.
Maybe its like you get to a certain point and then they say must be event match 37 to go further so you could unlock that character or something....

626key

Smash Journeyman
do you think you can unlock more than one fighter in one pass, or maybe their given at the end of the SSE

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
do you think you can unlock more than one fighter in one pass, or maybe their given at the end of the SSE
Definitely multiple characters a passthrough if it's as large as people think it's going to be. If it's so large that it needs a save file.... technically, ti would be one passthrough, but it would still take a hile after beating the final boss to unlock everyone.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai fails at not letting a CPU follow you in adventure mode, hopefully he changes his mind... Maybe like Sonic DX Directors Cut, Tail's follow's you at a pretty good pace.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I figure someone might've mentioned this before, but... wouldn't it be awesome if the Hands turned out to be the Ancient Minister's hands? That would make for a cool plot twist- you finally corner the AM, and then Master Hand and Crazy Hand come out of nowhere and position themselves by his sides?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Master hand ... has no master/controller... unless they were converted or mind controlled which i doubt.
plus ancient minister would have to go through Master hand and Crazy Hand..

but your idea is pretty cool.

Top Bottom