• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
But how could that be, when Fox's Arwing crashed into what appears to be Kongo Jungle, so that he could (conveniently) save Diddy's *** from Rayquaza later?

I would guess that there could only be two logical explanations. Either a) this could only give rise to the idea that there are multiple possibilities that can occur on several routes (Fox can either crash on the Halberd, Congo Jungle, or maybe even other places), or that there might be more than one member of the Star Fox team out on the prowl in SSE. Falco and/or Krystal, perhaps...?
Maybe he's finally getting too old for flying... or suicidal... Lol..
But yea.. Falco is supposed to return... anyone remember that? It used to be on the Dojo, before the updates began. It said Sakurai wanted Falco & Ganondorf and probably more to return, but he didn't want clones this time around.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I agree with you Ben. It is possible there could be more than one Star Fox Member, we'll see.

How I'm almost sure it is Fox was from what Lancer said. The Arwing headed right.

So there you go, =P again, I don't know if I am right or not. and another thing...

I posted something that was ignored, about Peach and Kirby so here it is again. (Quote has been edited)
Hey, maybe tahts the great wall of China... haha, kidding...

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Well, this latest update has got me thinking. I'm probably way off when I say what I'm about to say, but hopefully it'll start some decent discussion.

Tonight, we've been introduced to the Alloy Team - four fighters that look to be the fusion of 64's Polygon Team and Melee's Wire Frames. They look pretty generic, but that's how they were designed - basic fighters to test your skills against.

But what gets me is this:

They look unfinished.

On all four of them, you can see parts of the wire frame underneath poking out from the armor. Obviously, they were designed by the creators of the game that way, but what if, in-game, there's another explanation?

This is where SSE comes in. I've always believed that the Hands and the Subspace Army are opposed to one another.
Let's say that, about halfway through the story of SSE, the Army is making considerable progress in whatever their goal is. The Hands, realizing this, decide on a course of action - they won't directly intervene in the conflict, but will instead send fighters of their own to reinforce the heroes. But instead of sending an army of weak, mindless drones, they'll send four somewhat intelligent beings with power comparable to the heroes. They decide to use their Wire Frames as a template, but add "armor" in the form of Polygon fighter remains.
But as they put the finishing touches on their Alloy fighters, the Army goes into overdrive, and detonates a series of Subspace bombs across the world. The Hands are forced to send their unfinished creations to help the heroes fight back.

Again, it's a lot of speculation, but I just get the feeling that these guys will be more than just drones to beat up on.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Interesting.
The Hands are the hands of a KID. See smash 64.
So yes, this would make lots of sense. Our little 64 doll-playing kid moved on to trophies and now makes his own: the wire frames and the Alloys.
But this will be Master Hand. Crazy Hand's description is "knowing nothing but to destroy"...
Perhaps they will fight each other.
Nah.
But SSE doesn't seem like the thing where you get allies just like that.
You have to earn them, and killing alloys just doesn't make much sense for them to join you.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Well, this latest update has got me thinking. I'm probably way off when I say what I'm about to say, but hopefully it'll start some decent discussion.

Tonight, we've been introduced to the Alloy Team - four fighters that look to be the fusion of 64's Polygon Team and Melee's Wire Frames. They look pretty generic, but that's how they were designed - basic fighters to test your skills against.

But what gets me is this:

They look unfinished.

On all four of them, you can see parts of the wire frame underneath poking out from the armor. Obviously, they were designed by the creators of the game that way, but what if, in-game, there's another explanation?

This is where SSE comes in. I've always believed that the Hands and the Subspace Army are opposed to one another.
Let's say that, about halfway through the story of SSE, the Army is making considerable progress in whatever their goal is. The Hands, realizing this, decide on a course of action - they won't directly intervene in the conflict, but will instead send fighters of their own to reinforce the heroes. But instead of sending an army of weak, mindless drones, they'll send four somewhat intelligent beings with power comparable to the heroes. They decide to use their Wire Frames as a template, but add "armor" in the form of Polygon fighter remains.
But as they put the finishing touches on their Alloy fighters, the Army goes into overdrive, and detonates a series of Subspace bombs across the world. The Hands are forced to send their unfinished creations to help the heroes fight back.

Again, it's a lot of speculation, but I just get the feeling that these guys will be more than just drones to beat up on.
Thta sounds like a good idea.
p.s. wow.. didn't expect this update....haha!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmmm... He um... decides to throw pikmon at some big baddies. Haha.. Um, i'm not familiar with the pikmin series..like, at all.. But I've gathered from gaameplay commercials and info on the back of the box that Olimar is stranded and the pikmin help him fix his ship..? and in the second olimar returns to help the pikmin..or something? But how does gameplay work? That may help me understand him more, in turn helping me understand how he cold possibly tie into the subspace..
Of curse for almost any character we could go with the generic answer that his/her world is threatened by the primid and so they must stop it..! haha

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hey everyone idk if this has been mentioned but I just noticed something... Go to the dojo, then look at the world map. THEN, go and look at the battlefield stage... Familiar, yes? I think so... This might not be a big deal at all, but I thought that I'd just point out that they both look, like, the same. Idk how much significance, if any, this really has, but yea.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Nice find, I never woulda thought of that! I did also notice...you can choose what team you can send into a level after you've beaten it. That's pretty neat.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
So this is something I had been wondering about for a while...

Final Smashes in SSE? I think it'd be rad, like the first Streets of Rage when you get a screen clearing special that you can only use so many times.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
...the last post was less than a week ago, and my idea didn't warrant its own topic.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
So this is something I had been wondering about for a while...

Final Smashes in SSE? I think it'd be rad, like the first Streets of Rage when you get a screen clearing special that you can only use so many times.
I think it'd be cool, no doubt about that, but I'm just wondering as to how they'll actually implement the Smash Ball in order to perform the attack. I mean, you can't just go, "Oh look, it's an orb of uber randomly floating around the stage!" With the detailed storyline that SSE will have, there's got to be some sort of mythology behind the Smash Ball.

Or maybe I'm just reading in between the lines too much. :laugh:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Do we know if every character is going to have a part/team up with someone else in SSE yet?

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Do we know if every character is going to have a part/team up with someone else in SSE yet?
I don't want to bring up this giant cancer that is killing Smashboards into another topic, but the controversial 35 character roster would more than likely say yes to that question... a number like that would give everyone a decent amount of time to team up, I think. It's far from concrete though, so nobody really knows.

I don't see why Nintendo would decide that some characters would be cut from a giant story like this anyway.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
You know the giant cook kirby sticker? I'm guessing those larger stickers let you access an FS in Subspace at the cost of a lot of area..

Urser

Smash Apprentice
You know the giant cook kirby sticker? I'm guessing those larger stickers let you access an FS in Subspace at the cost of a lot of area..
That's a great idea. You start off glowing and it's up to you when you want to use it.

But do you reckon if they have it, they'll only be a one-time use? So once you use your Final Smash, the sticker disappears?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i saw these pictures of the SSE that were the ones from the dojo exept diffrent as in that samus was now beside pickachu anyone got a link/know where they came from and if its a vid where is it???

626key

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or is the scene with mario, pit, yoshi, kirby, and link side by side look absolutly awsome
P.S. maybe you gat a group of 5 based on the choices you make, and at the end there is a scene like that

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Whoa, Zamus and Pikachu O_O , that's even randomer than Link and Yoshi!!! We actually see real small glimpses of some of the newer characters in SSE play. I think Metaknight pairs up with PT, but im not really sure.

At the end, there is a team of 5, Yoshi, Link, Mario, Pit, and Kirby, and I also think I saw a team of Bowser and his minions. This is gonna be sooo EPIC!
Haha, I'm just happy that Yoshi doesn't get turned into a trophy early on:laugh:!

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY sure hope that isn't the ending. @_@ That would make a lot of people unable to play their favorite character during the ending. If it is, ah well. :(

Something to speculate on, I'm sure most of you have noticed this...the mysterious grassland.

Sakurai showed us this in the introduction trailer.

Now for these pictures.

*Gasp!* Zelda sees something!

Yoshi and Link run towards...something...

Dedede rides with the wind...or...what the heck is he riding?!

All three pictures take place in the short animation of the "land". Is something "BIG" supposed to occur here? Feel free to take a guess at what you think it is.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, Zamus and Pikachu O_O , that's even randomer than Link and Yoshi!!! We actually see real small glimpses of some of the newer characters in SSE play. I think Metaknight pairs up with PT, but im not really sure.

At the end, there is a team of 5, Yoshi, Link, Mario, Pit, and Kirby, and I also think I saw a team of Bowser and his minions. This is gonna be sooo EPIC!
Haha, I'm just happy that Yoshi doesn't get turned into a trophy early on:laugh:!
Meta knight teams up with ice climbers, my idea is that you have the ability to bring in any 5 fighters for the final battle, probably master hand

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...wonder who Lucas teams up with. I was almost certain Snake was gonna team up with Zamus, too.

Top Bottom