• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I beg to differ...thisguy's the biggest idiot ever:

http://www.reggielies.ytmnd.com/

That's a little harsh. After all, it was neither his fault, nor his decision to delay the release of the game.

I also think it would be cool if the dark costumes could be a part of the story. Along those lines, I wonder if Wario's overalls costume will be featured in the SE... like maybe we see him later on in the story dressed in his overalls.

I am so thrilled with this whole story mode idea. I'm still trying to figure out what the h*ell happened to Meta Knight that would have ended up with his ship getting stolen... or maybe his ship isn't stolen...? Madness!

Also, what's with the stages? Do you folks think all of the stages will be featured in the SE? So far, they've shown the Halberd, Skyworld, and other places that could possibly relate to Castle Siege, the Summit, and Rumble Falls.

What about: Frigate Orpheon? New Pork City? Mario Circuit? Pictochat??? Even past Melee stages?

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
did anyone else think that rayquaza looked really stiff in the trophy stand update (well not because of the fact that it is a picture) but i just didnt see how he could maneuver and all. It kinda looked like he would just keep that pose the whole time
Or am I ********? (That is always a possibility-When i read the names update title i thought i pronounced names like nom-es. Haha)

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
I see demo trailers of the subspace emissary, so I can only take that to mean that there were demos for this mode as well as free for all.

If so, I can't believe there are no videos of the emissary where Zelda is the one that's saved in the beginning and not peach. I figured someone would be curious enough to try out a character that hasn't seen much time in the spotlight. I *really* want to know what her down b is in this game.

Of course, that's assuming she was playable in the said SSE demo in the first place.

Frogla

Smash Ace
I see demo trailers of the subspace emissary, so I can only take that to mean that there were demos for this mode as well as free for all.

If so, I can't believe there are no videos of the emissary where Zelda is the one that's saved in the beginning and not peach. I figured someone would be curious enough to try out a character that hasn't seen much time in the spotlight. I *really* want to know what her down b is in this game.

Of course, that's assuming she was playable in the said SSE demo in the first place.
it wasnt a demo, it was pre-filmed footage being played for them.

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.

I assume that they don't want to show the fact that the storyline is able to change (unlike other "adventure" games). They just want us to keep thinking that it can only go on with peach.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Hey what do you think of this find.

This is a pic form the trophy stand update, if you read the bottom of it it mentions things called Shadow bugs, and how it will take more shadow bugs to "move" bigger Primids, I wounder what shadow bugs are and what they do.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Hey what do you think of this find.

This is a pic form the trophy stand update, if you read the bottom of it it mentions things called Shadow bugs, and how it will take more shadow bugs to "move" bigger Primids, I wounder what shadow bugs are and what they do.
I'm assuming Shadow Bugs are the purple smoke we've seen in all the videos...

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but it could spell out some of the plot for us...

...does anybody else notice a pattern here? We've only seen badguys with trophy guns. Bowser and Wario. Is it possible that they're all working together? Could the badguys possibly be working for the Ancient Minister? After all, one of the official descriptions of SSE says that the AM is turning characters into trophies and using their power against them. Could he be using the Nintendo badguys to do his bidding?

I know what you're going to say. "But Meta Knight's a badguy and we've seen him in gameplay!" True, he is a badguy but not THE badguy of the Kirby series. That's DeDeDe's job.

Oh, and I finally figured out why Bowser took DK and Diddy's bananas. As bait! Lure them out into the open to get them with the trophy gun. Mmm hmm.

So from this we can infer a couple of things:

All the badguys team up against the good guys and are allied with the primid.
OR
All the badguys team up against the good guys and eventually realize the disastrous threat and team up together.

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying since the first SE update!!

Thank you, now I know that someone has similar views!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Basically, and Primids adapt according to their location (and who they are fighting, hence in the gameplay videos you see mario fighting primids in a gloves vs. gloves match)

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
did anyone else think that rayquaza looked really stiff in the trophy stand update (well not because of the fact that it is a picture) but i just didnt see how he could maneuver and all. It kinda looked like he would just keep that pose the whole time
Or am I ********? (That is always a possibility-When i read the names update title i thought i pronounced names like nom-es. Haha)
Sorry but no one has replied and i am still in the dark

Dynamism

Smash Lord
LOL@Pluvia
I guess this is a better place than most so yeah, nice work haha

That purple crap is just spawning crap...it probably is everywhere in the subspace and Ministerface wants more so he's taking over what isn't currently subspace :\

haha I really have no idea at this point!

SE on INTENTS FTW!

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
That would be Fox.

To revive the discussion again, what kind of plot do you think Wario and Bowser are up to with these so called "Trophy Guns"?

For me I believe they're cutting down the number of Heroes that will get in the way of the Subspace Army and possibly use the trophied against them, somehow?

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
That would be Fox.
But how could that be, when Fox's Arwing crashed into what appears to be Kongo Jungle, so that he could (conveniently) save Diddy's *** from Rayquaza later?

I would guess that there could only be two logical explanations. Either a) this could only give rise to the idea that there are multiple possibilities that can occur on several routes (Fox can either crash on the Halberd, Congo Jungle, or maybe even other places), or that there might be more than one member of the Star Fox team out on the prowl in SSE. Falco and/or Krystal, perhaps...?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I guess they are using the characters' powers into their ultimate weapon, also maybe like in the SMYN podcast episode ... cant remember but have a evil version of each character like fallen angel pit, over 9000 fox and dark zelda and dark link

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
But how could that be, when Fox's Arwing crashed into what appears to be Kongo Jungle, so that he could (conveniently) save Diddy's *** from Rayquaza later?

I would guess that there could only be two logical explanations. Either a) this could only give rise to the idea that there are multiple possibilities that can occur on several routes (Fox can either crash on the Halberd, Congo Jungle, or maybe even other places), or that there might be more than one member of the Star Fox team out on the prowl in SSE. Falco and/or Krystal, perhaps...?
Fox didn't crash on the halberd. Watch the video again. Peach and Kirby are falling off the left side of the halberd and the arwing is going down in a trail of smoke on the right side.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you Ben. It is possible there could be more than one Star Fox Member, we'll see.

How I'm almost sure it is Fox was from what Lancer said. The Arwing headed right.

So there you go, =P again, I don't know if I am right or not. and another thing...

I posted something that was ignored, about Peach and Kirby so here it is again. (Quote has been edited)

Oh yeah, anyone noticed how Peach and Kirby were in Sky World in today's update? In the movie, they were blown off the Halberd and Landed on the Ground and the movie showed them going "Down" right? So, sometime later after that they headed up into Sky World? Wonder why they're heading "Up"...

Here are the screenshots.

After being blown off. (The ground? You can tell by the surrounding Terrain. Unless it's a floating mass of land.)

After that...

Sky World. (Obvious by the surroundings.)

Top Bottom