• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

cccck

Smash Journeyman
What if this is simple.... master hand is losing control or the figures, and crazy hand came to back him up, but them this new guy (I call him modea) comes and trys to take it over. then you fight both him and master/crazy hand, in a 3 way fight for control.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
This is not it, I can't seem to find it. and we don't know if there are really fases in the clouds so don't worry about it.

here we talk about the story that may or may not be part of brawl.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What if this is simple.... master hand is losing control or the figures, and crazy hand came to back him up, but them this new guy (I call him modea) comes and trys to take it over. then you fight both him and master/crazy hand, in a 3 way fight for control.
it is very likey that we might see a third hand, since Giga Bowser won't be one anymore, anyway midea is a dumb name, how about Secret Hand or Smash Hand which would be the ultimate hand that would only appear after everthing is unlocked and then get a chance to challenge ( which btw would be difficult the first time)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I thought we were done talking about the clouds...

Eh, whatever, Bowser, Ridely and Master Hand are definitely up there, no doubt, but the other one people are talking about is still up for grabs. I admit, it does look lik Mewtwo, but one can't be too sure.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I secretly die inside a little everytime this thread gets a bump.
The talk is OVER for now, I swear.
Just wait till the next update...this thread is just sort of...spammy/dead in one combo. It's weird, and should be left retty silent for a while.
'least till some new info.
And those clouds cause more trouble than they should.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
I think that thing is Nightmares (<-- From Kirby series) new downloaded monster.
And Meta Knight is helping Nightmare to defeat the rule breakers. (Mario and Kirby)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
The thing looks original, so it probably is something with a masterhand symbol/ Smahs Bros. symbol. That's all I have to say lol. Not much point in saying it, I know.

Fawriel

Smash Master

See the update.
Be amazed.

This is incredible. The Single-Player mode looks absolutely AMAZING.
My god, they even SAID the plot isn't overwrote!
The movie hasn't loaded yet, but dammit. I just had to post here.

D

Deleted member

Lol.

This beats Melee's into an hundred year old pith helmet. Everyone has an intro of some description too.

Phew, this week is gonna be hard to follow.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
yeah, and it suggests what characters would possibly be part of the starting roster, it was nice that it introduced Peach too, though she'll be an update of her own later, probubly monday. And for all we know snake will be a bad guy in the story mode as well. But yeah, now the plot thickins, and that crap about modea is gone too. We can safely say that modeb is like classic and modec can be all star, so yeah =\

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman

Ok is it just me, or is that woman in the screenshot alluding to Palutena? Guess they really are incorporating each character's own storylines into it ^_^ She seems to be slightly revamped of course, like Pit, but the design of the dress and long greenish hair just seem to fit.

Sorry if it was already obvious >.<

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Yay, turns out NOTHING was in the stupid clouds..... >< XDXDXDXD

The video took a while to load, but it was definitely worth it.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman

Ok is it just me, or is that woman in the screenshot alluding to Palutena? Guess they really are incorporating each character's own storylines into it ^_^ She seems to be slightly revamped of course, like Pit, but the design of the dress and long greenish hair just seem to fit.

it's cool, i thought it was her too, i guess the monsters invate angel land and pit's all like, "I'll get rid of them!" then he joins up with the main group and like, WHABAM, you unlocked pit, or started with him.. whatever

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman

I guessed it must've been his patron goddess without having seen her: but the picture cements it. But I'm still sure there'll be folks who suppose it's a completely new playable or something instead.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Peach looks AMAZING.

Playable Palutena is too much too ask for though, so I won't.

but it'd sure be cool

please lets not get into that, this thread is for the story, no random playable characters that have as too fall back on as ridley in the clouds

Fawriel

Smash Master
Okay, so.

-Subspace Emissary is the new Adventure Mode.

-It's awesome.

-There are tons of new locations, partially with old elements ( Bullet Bills ), partially with completely new stuff ( or has anyone ever seen that freaky GOAT before?! O_O ).

-The mystery things come in masses out of the Halberd, and are enemies. Metaknight, however, is a protagonist, as he's seen fighting monsters.

-THERE ARE A FRIKKIN LOT OF ENEMIES WITH AI AND EVERYTHING!

-Hammer Bros are also enemies you can fight. That raises the possibilities of Assist Trophies being playable, as they seem to possess movement abilities and certain animations you just need for the game to work.

-It's well possible that every character will have a certain own storyline, with their own intros. This is, however, not guaranteed.

-Mario and Kirby DO NOT break the rules, it seems.

-Peach is in.

...that's all.

Shuma

Smash Hero
About the Clouds and Mario and Kirby not breaking the rules.

The video is edited, you don't see the beggining of the video, and some scenes just cut and jump to other scenes, look at the old clouds pic of "this world" update, that frame of the video isn't shown in this video.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so.

-Subspace Emissary is the new Adventure Mode.

-It's awesome.

-There are tons of new locations, partially with old elements ( Bullet Bills ), partially with completely new stuff ( or has anyone ever seen that freaky GOAT before?! O_O ).

-The mystery things come in masses out of the Halberd, and are enemies. Metaknight, however, is a protagonist, as he's seen fighting monsters.

-THERE ARE A FRIKKIN LOT OF ENEMIES WITH AI AND EVERYTHING!

-Hammer Bros are also enemies you can fight. That raises the possibilities of Assist Trophies being playable, as they seem to possess movement abilities and certain animations you just need for the game to work.

-It's well possible that every character will have a certain own storyline, with their own intros. This is, however, not guaranteed.

-Mario and Kirby DO NOT break the rules, it seems.

-Peach is in.

...that's all.
speaking of that goat, i thought it was like a Donkey Kong jungle beat sorta thing. Anyways yeah it seems too have alot of enemies, did you guys see the wierd *** squid things meta was fighting?

CasMat

Smash Cadet
About the Clouds and Mario and Kirby not breaking the rules.

The video is edited, you don't see the beggining of the video, and some scenes just cut and jump to other scenes, look at the old clouds pic of "this world" update, that frame of the video isn't shown in this video.
Yes it is, right before it cuts to kirby and mario.

Hey... anyone think that all of the enemies might appear as assist trophies?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Meta was fighting at Guerdo Desert in TP. Thats a watch tower.

And Zelda's ^B looks awesome!

Peach confirmed. She'll be Monday.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman

there could even be a possibility that they will appear in a match randomly with no warning and cause some havoc of their own

iMichael

Smash Lord
something tells me that if you didnt already reserve your copy of this game....your screwed lol ....oh and this update is freaking awesome wait this week was freaking awesome....we saw Ike, castle siege, pitfall item, dk final smash and this new adventure mode with a little sprinkle of a video

*clapping* Sakurai has done it again

lollerskater

Smash Cadet

The fact that the Hammer Bros are both assist trophies and single player enemies indicates that the same will be true of the Bullet Bills seen in one of the screenshots.

I don't think the original enemies made for the subspace emissary will be assist trophies though.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
instead of fighting they shake hands. and everyone cheers.and according to what they say that's breaking the rules. so i dont think that needs too much discussion . maybe someone took over Meta Knights ship. master hand perhaps? im glad they show Peach finally and the cutscene was great. Melee is still being played up til this day and was the best thing on Gamecube. imagine this one.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Meta was fighting at Guerdo Desert in TP. Thats a watch tower.

And Zelda's ^B looks awesome!

Peach confirmed. She'll be Monday.
How can you be sure is Gerudo Desert? I mean sure it looks similar but then again I don't see anything distinguishing. It could be any desert couldn't it?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman

with this image in mind, doe it look like that the arwing will be made playable in that short moment of time, as an attempt to board the Metaknight's ship, or is it more probable that it is part of Fox's opening cinematic?

I'm also wondering how the hands play a part in this, unless they are once again reserved for classic mode.

Top Bottom