• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Can you see how much anticipation is building up for Brawl? I don't think anyone will get tired of this game, as long as something new is presented for it...which is why I think, after a while, new, downloadable maps and such wouldn't be a bad idea. Hell, maybe they could even make old cut characters from meelee downloadable, wouldn't that be appreciated?

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I would love extra stuff downloadable for brawl online! I wouldn't care if it cost anything or not, I would be willing to pay it. That would be the best.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
But, with online play, if every one but you downloaded new maps, you wouldn't ever be able to play because every one would be on the new maps, and you wouldn't have them...

Also, I don't really like the idea that 'this world' is leaning to...

It is saying Mario and co. are trophies...I don't like the idea of fighting trophies...But I'm sure I can just ignore that and enjoy the game!

Fawriel

Smash Master
thank for Fawriel for using your keen intellect to create a creative thread that wont be spammed by ignorance or closed for no reason
*looks at the previous page*

*looks back at this post*

Sarcasm?

Anyway, downloadable content... hm.
As long as they do not cost too much, I don't see what could be wrong with it. As long as it's stuff like stages or so...
Balance updates might be in order ( we'll see about that ), since the PAL version already made the game much more balanced, but... those would have to be as complete as possible. No Windows-ing.

...so how did the topic change to this anyway?

Was someone worried that they'd spend so much time on Single Player mode they'd neglect multiplayer? That seems quite unlikely. :ohwell: I mean, a deep story does not mean that there has to be a plot twist or cutscene every 5 minutes.
If they made only 2 SP modes, one classic+story-mode and one with event matches for people who like beating highscores, they wouldn't have to spend any more time on it than they did for Melee, while making both modes enjoyable no less.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
First off, you're dyslexic.

Second off, you're crazy. Nobody cares about the flipping clouds anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody even cared about Cloud at this point.

/off-topic randomness

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord

I did my best to trace it. XD Looks pretty bad. And sorry that I don't read every post on this forum. I had no idea about the clouds until I heard it in the podcast.

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman

I did my best to trace it. XD Looks pretty bad. And sorry that I don't read every post on this forum. I had no idea about the clouds until I heard it in the podcast.
Bowser looks like a gopher or a beaver or a dolphin or something in that pic. Ok, maybe not a dolphin..Oh wait, Ridley kinda looks like some kind of purple dolphin. Well, not really...that pic needs more dolphins.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Was someone worried that they'd spend so much time on Single Player mode they'd neglect multiplayer? That seems quite unlikely. :ohwell: I mean, a deep story does not mean that there has to be a plot twist or cutscene every 5 minutes.
If they made only 2 SP modes, one classic+story-mode and one with event matches for people who like beating highscores, they wouldn't have to spend any more time on it than they did for Melee, while making both modes enjoyable no less.

There will be far more than 2 SP modes. Melee did, at any rate:

Classic
Adventure
All-Star
Event Matches
Break The Targets
Home Run Contest
Wireframe Endurance Matches (forget what they were called exactly, except for Cruel Melee)

Brawl should at least have all of these, and I'm hoping they bring back Board The Platforms (oops) as well. Adventure mode should be fleshed out a lot more, but it's not really the lack of story that's the problem. The stages themselves could just be developed more.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
The Idea of the Storymode thus far that I have gathered (I have been a main poster in a good amount of these threads) is that we cannot suspect what the thing is, but I do believe this was foreshadowed in the last game. If you think accordingly the order shows that Mario and Kirby mainly so it should be implied that they are the one breaking the rules...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
1) It is NOT Mario and/or Kirby who "breaks the rules". It is, in all likelihood, the mysterious character in the last picture. I still do not know how the wording does not make that very obvious.

2) Jesus Tapdancing Christ in a Chicken Basket, THERE ARE NO FACES IN THE CLOUDS

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman
1) It is NOT Mario and/or Kirby who "breaks the rules". It is, in all likelihood, the mysterious character in the last picture. I still do not know how the wording does not make that very obvious.

2) Jesus Tapdancing Christ in a Chicken Basket, THERE ARE NO FACES IN THE CLOUDS
1) I don't think you should say you're 100% positive about that.

2) I never knew Jesus tapdanced in a chicken basket.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
1) I don't think you should say you're 100% positive about that.
Of course nobody here is 100% sure, but looking at how the post was worded, I'm willing to bet a LARGE sum of money that I'm right about this.

"...when someone... or something.. breaks those rules" *cue picture of someone... or something*

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

The Master Hand and Crazy hand is Controlling characters to destroy those who break the rules, I think it would kind of be like Soul Calibur in a way, like how they have destined battles. Then after that ten you would face Master and Crazy hand.

Edit: In addition to controlling Character they have these minions Smash-Bots which are similar to the Wire-frame people

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman

The Master Hand and Crazy hand is Controlling characters to destroy those who break the rules, I think it would kind of be like Soul Calibur in a way, like how they have destined battles. Then after that ten you would face Master and Crazy hand.

Edit: In addition to controlling Character they have these minions Smash-Bots which are similar to the Wire-frame people
That sounds the most likely.

Flying @ Wii Level

Smash Rookie

Yeah. Well to state the obvious, Master AND Crazy Hand couldn't defeat (your character here) so they need to create robots/aliens/enemies/ninjas...whatever they will turn out to be.

I am actually so excited to look back at this thread when we know what those things actually are. Goofballs.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I've kinda thought up my own story thing over the many years I've playd the smash games...

A:

Masterhand wants to control all the worlds the characters are from. So, he rips parts of the worlds out (the stages) and takes them. Then, the characters fight against him. The only way they can defeat him is by climbing closer to his ranking by fighting each other. None of them know that they are all fighting for the good team. Each one sees every one else as a baddy.

or B:

Masterhand holds a tournament Entitled Smash Bros. Then, after that, he holds another one called Smash Bros. Melee. During these tournaments, he try's to make sure he wins, or that he doesn't have to face any one, with the help of polygons, and then later the wireframes.

My so-called 'plot'. There, done. Now I can smash. lol

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I think this infers that instead of getting trophies through fulfilling the requirements for that trophy, you have to battle that trophy. Or maybe it is both, like once you get the requirements for that trophy you also have to battle it?

just my 2 cents

Hotshot672

Smash Cadet
crazy hand brings master hand to an areana where mario and kirby are fighting using new moves, until they stop fighting and agree to work together. Master hand gets mad at crazy hand and crazy hand goes away. Crazy hand decides to try and overthrow master hand so he makes these shadow creatures to dispose of mario and kirby permenently. Master hand wants the characters to fight so master hand brings in more fighters and thats when metaknight comes in with the halberd. Mario/ kirby must now fight metaknight and everyone and get them to help him to stop cray hand.

The Mac04

Smash Journeyman
crazy hand brings master hand to an areana where mario and kirby are fighting using new moves, until they stop fighting and agree to work together. Master hand gets mad at crazy hand and crazy hand goes away. Crazy hand decides to try and overthrow master hand so he makes these shadow creatures to dispose of mario and kirby permenently. Master hand wants the characters to fight so master hand brings in more fighters and thats when metaknight comes in with the halberd. Mario/ kirby must now fight metaknight and everyone and get them to help him to stop cray hand.
*Head spins* Too complicated for Smash :psycho:

Top Bottom