• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. I didn´t want SSBB to have a deep story. The Master Hand, a kid, owns trophies which he pretends fight in fictional videogame worlds. But the trophies rebel against their creator. That´s enough. Super Smash Bros. really shouldn´t have an intricate plot, or even an actual plot to any degree.

But worse, it kinda looks like Kingdom Hearts. Guy at the end looks all Heartless-esque and...meh.

Oh, well. At least Meta Knight gets to show off his smexy ship.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I agree, how can people rag on about one update for 963+ Posts?
Maybe because it's the one that's left the most room for dicussion yet :dizzy:.

Ugh. I didn´t want SSBB to have a deep story. The Master Hand, a kid, owns trophies which he pretends fight in fictional videogame worlds. But the trophies rebel against their creator. That´s enough. Super Smash Bros. really shouldn´t have an intricate plot, or even an actual plot to any degree.
That is a good story. That's what I'd like. I just want a little of development in between. Not just a bunch of fights and sidescrollers that have nothing in common. That was fine for 2 games, but now we need a little more. I would love a story about the hand being rebelled against, and that's good. I just don't want "Then the rules were broken...." then RANDOM EXPLOSIONS begin a fight with master hand credits do it over again. I want a little variety, and a little reasoning. That's all. More probably wouldn't bother me, but eh.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
The "something in common" is that they were all just the little kids' fantasies about his trophies. There doesn't need to be an over-arching story that connects everything. It's just some kid playing with his toys. That's always what I considered the "story" to be as well.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I wonder if they will add a new boss like they did with crazy hand in Melee.

Master Foot? Crazy Foot? Athlete's foot?
Lolz @ Athlete's foot.

But wouldn't you say that the "new boss" in melee would be considered bowser, and that crazy hand and gigabowser are more like "special bosses"

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Its really unfair to 1-P mode. First off, it has no storyline and linear gameplay. Player verdict?

Sucks.

So Sakurai says fine. He decides to make the story deeper and more in depth. Player Verdict?

Sucks.

Give 1-P a chance folks. Jesus, it's not like its detracting from your multiplayer is it? Then leave it alone!

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Its really unfair to 1-P mode. First off, it has no storyline and linear gameplay. Player verdict?

Sucks.

So Sakurai says fine. He decides to make the story deeper and more in depth. Player Verdict?

Sucks.

Give 1-P a chance folks. Jesus, it's not like its detracting from your multiplayer is it? Then leave it alone!
Do you not realize that 1-P mode sucks because it is not multiplayer? I mean look at how many people instantly thought "Co-Op Mode"

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
They have did what they want to with Multiplayer I am sure. Then they did stuff for 1P.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... Sakurai did mention at one point making the single player alot deeper (read it on IGN for those of you wondering..)

Maybe it'll be like adventure mode, but with co-op? Or maybe... Choice?

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Do you not realize that 1-P mode sucks because it is not multiplayer? I mean look at how many people instantly thought "Co-Op Mode"

No flippin duh it's not mutliplayer. It's called 1-P for a reason. It's used so you can unlock characters, stages, ect. People act like SSBB should be Street Fighter with Nintendo characters and absolutely no 1-P mode. It's really annoying. I prefer multiplayer myself, but I can always go for 1-P in a pinch. Hell, by your logic, Legend of Zelda, Mario and many other game suck "because [they're] not mutiplayer."

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
The only problem with a more in depth story mode IMO is that if it was incredibly long, beating it with every character would become more like a chore ....

but don't get me wrong, I'm all for a deeper 1P mode.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Well, having a separate storyline for each character would be indeed tedious, especially if the roster is as big as it is rumored to be (41-50 characters on one site) But an indepth storyline in general would be awesome. Maybe it would only change slightly for each character and you'd only have to beat it with certain characters or in certian times/conditions to unlock stuff, so you wouldnt' have to play with every freakin character, ya know?

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Well, having a separate storyline for each character would be indeed tedious, especially if the roster is as big as it is rumored to be (41-50 characters on one site) But an indepth storyline in general would be awesome. Maybe it would only change slightly for each character and you'd only have to beat it with certain characters or in certian times/conditions to unlock stuff, so you wouldnt' have to play with every freakin character, ya know?
definitely. although if each character had a slightly different story mode that would add extra incentive to play with everyone, good ideas

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Or maybe each character if you played through the storyline would only unlock some not so important items. Maybe extra costumes, extra storyline for storymode, videos, ect. You know, nothing ground breaking, but stuff to unlock if you're bored and don't have friends over. (and don't feel like dealing with n00bs online...)

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
The more DLC the better. It can keep the tier list changing, the game fresh, and everything else.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
No flippin duh it's not mutliplayer. It's called 1-P for a reason. It's used so you can unlock characters, stages, ect. People act like SSBB should be Street Fighter with Nintendo characters and absolutely no 1-P mode. It's really annoying. I prefer multiplayer myself, but I can always go for 1-P in a pinch. Hell, by your logic, Legend of Zelda, Mario and many other game suck "because [they're] not mutiplayer."
Actually, I'm a big fan of the Street Fighter games but they have more of a story than Brawl. This is the standard for fighting games, the 1-P Mode is much of an afterthought to Versus Mode. I think we can only expect the average for an enhanced Smash 1-P... a unique intro and ending cutscene for each character and may be one mid-boss fight cutscene. A perfect 1-P for a fighting game is NOT for it to BE a fighting game as in a series of one-on-one fights, but instead a Beat 'Em Up like Final Fight... And of course, all True Beat 'Em Ups are Co-Op!

In fact, the scenes revealed suggest that "This World" is a Beat 'Em Up mode for Smash. You know at least one generic minion, and Mario & Kirby (or maybe the one to four characters chosen in this mode) fighting through them and occasional themed bosses like Bowser & Meta Knight for the two chosen heroes of the screenshots.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be good if there were branching paths you get five stock, but every tim you fight, you onl.y get one. And if you lose, you need to play a different stage, which will lead to yeat a different stage, etc.
In fact, the scenes revealed suggest that "This World" is a Beat 'Em Up mode for Smash. You know at least one generic minion, and Mario & Kirby (or maybe the one to four characters chosen in this mode) fighting through them and occasional themed bosses like Bowser & Meta Knight for the two chosen heroes of the screenshots.
That's not how you use the phrase 'in fact.' If you say "in fact, what you follow it with mus actually be indisputable fact.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
The more DLC the better.
NO, No, no, no, no, NO.

I can deal with an occasional extra stage, but I don't want to have to keep downloading stuff to keep the game fresh, but.... you know, I'll just copy/paste what I already posted on another thread about this idea:

Me said:
I WILL KILL SOMEBODY IF THEY MAKE DLC FOR SMASH BROS!!!!

Seriously, no. That is a TERRIBLE idea. I want my game to always be complete. I don't want them to keep changing it through downloadable content every month. After a while it will seem completely *******ized, and I don't want to be nickle-and-dimed on online transactions.

I could live with it if they maybe released a set of new stages once or twice, but I don't really want them to, and I don't want to have to keep downloading stuff to feel like my game is "complete". Not to mention the Wii's hard drive isn't that impressive...

DLC is a good idea for a game like Guitar Hero (if they'd only charge a reasonable price...), NOT for Smash Bros.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
DLC would piss me off because I'm broke and I don't want to have to keep spending money just to feel not left out.
The only DLC I would like would be something like downloadable Mii customizations to make Mii's that look like Brawl characters....or if the game just gave them to you that'd be awesome.

Del Money

Smash Champion
thank for Fawriel for using your keen intellect to create a creative thread that wont be spammed by ignorance or closed for no reason

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
I will stick to the more the better. Just as long as they don't use too many things that they won't have enough good characters for SSB4.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Think pokemon and mario party man.
?.? hmm>? I don't get the reference.....is it because there are so many? and smash bros. will become like mario party, etc...

I actually hope that the smash bros. series is short, because it would lose it's originality/awesomeness/authenticity IMO if it were stretched into a lot of sequels...

Top Bottom