• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Update was Staged by Melee

Revven

FrankerZ
And from what i can tell these stages have had no graphical updates.
Actually, if you look at Yoshi's Island there's some color differences in the ground compared to Melee's Yoshi's Island. Brawl's is lighter where as Melee's is darker. Onett has some shading differences and the textures look to have lighter colors (compare the house on the left in Melee to the one in Brawl, doesn't the one in Brawl look significantly lighter?) And, finally, Rainbow Ride. The boat is a more defined color than in Melee. It actually looks darker where as Melee's looks lighter. The opposite happens, dunno why though.

They are graphical changes, just incredibly small ones.

IllidR

Smash Champion
This was an alright update. I'm certainly glad we got to see certain stages were still in like Corneria, don't know how thrilled I am about Brinstar and Rainbow Ride, wasn't really a big fan of them ever. Get ready for Past Stages Part III, Final Destination, Final Destination, and more FINAL DESTINATION.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
I was sure it would be Icicle Mountain, Flat Zone, or Brinstar Depths.

Also, it would seem the "T" part of PT just stands on an appearing background platform of the stage's design, like how the crates change on stages. Pidgeot DECONFIRMED.

This was an alright update. I'm certainly glad we got to see certain stages were still in like Corneria, don't know how thrilled I am about Brinstar and Rainbow Ride, wasn't really a big fan of them ever. Get ready for Past Stages Part III, Final Destination, Final Destination, and more FINAL DESTINATION.
Want FD? It's incredibly easy to make on Stage Builder. Don't ask so much that he wastes a perfectly fine spot where he could have had an interesting, new stage, with new hazards that couldn't be simulated in SB on a stage that would take you 30 seconds to make on stage builder.

Darkurai

Smash Master
The moment I saw the update title, I immedietaly thought "this probably means that soon we'll get an update called 'More Items From Previous Installments."

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Eurgh, the only level I liked here was Corneria and Onett, although Fourside would have been better. I suppose they don't need Corneria as a big level any more, with new ones coming in and HT, but it would have been nice to keep it as a Big/Medium stage, not a Medium. I HATE the Yoshi one, seriously. It's always used with Hit & Runs by my friends, and the middle platform is EVIL. Although I expect it won;t be as much trouble with the floating powers of the golden hammer... ;)

Rainbow Ride, Brinstar, meh. I like Rainbow Ride, but would prefer a NEW stage. And seriously, if all Metroid gets as level reps either have lava/acid or spin around, I will go MENTAL. I'll have to use Kirby as my punching bag to get back as Sakurai, although it's almost ALWAYS been Pikachu before. :p

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Let's see....

Yoshi's Island: This stage I was always mixed about. I didn't care about that giant angled rock, but those flip blocks always killed me, or at least sometimes did. The one great thing though for this stage was its alt music. Y'know, the SMB3 stuff. I still hope that there is a Mushroom Kingdom III...

Corneria: This was a must. As of Melee, the Great Fox style of stage was done in all the ways it possibly could have...though there were only two. Still, a classic stage, and one of my picks. In retrospect though, I always liked the Sector Z one better for some reason, but knew Corneria would be the one, seeing as it's so much more updated.

Onett: Well....I'm really neutral to this stage. There's not much I can really say about it, since I never particularly cared for it. Better than Fourside I guess? (That one was always annoying to me)

Brinstar: This one kills me. Not because there's anything wrong with this particular stage or anything, but because it kills off the chances of Brinstar Depths. It also makes me think that the other locked levels such as Big Blue and Pokefloats, won't be in, despite their superiority. (Well maybe not Pokefloats, but it's still be better than two Pokemon Stadiums)

Rainbow Cruise: Did anyone really like this stage? I mean...really, did anyone like it? Why wasn't it the iconic Peach's Castle? Is there a desperity of moving stages that Sakurai is trying to fix? Whatever the case....does anyone really play this stage?

Rash

Smash Ace
I hate Yoshi's Island and could do without Brinstar because we already have a lava-themed stage in Brawl. The rest are okay though. I've always enjoyed Onett, Corneria, and Rainbow Cruise.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
More Melee stages I guess this is great,my favorite (so far) are the Great Fox and Link's temple .

I don't know why but I just hate enclosed small stages's.I like it when you have space to walk around and fight.

Ciela

Smash Apprentice
The updates were okay... I like Rainbow Cruise and Corneria. And of course they are probably updating the best stages like FD and stuff =) Man, I can't wait :dizzy:

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Garbage. And whats worse is that this opens up the possibility for "Returning Pokemon: part 2!"

Rash

Smash Ace
I wonder if this is it for the Melee stages. I mean, so far it's six overall. At this point I could only ask for Great Bay and be done with it.

Honestly, it'd be a crime to not see Great Bay again, considering that it's easily in the top five for Melee's stages.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Wow, the front page of the DOJO didn't update for me until I saw this thread and clicked on the "Stages" section. This was an alright update, but not what I was expecting on our day back. SP got my hopes up a little too much. I never liked Yoshi's island from Melee, because it was too small. However, since they're aiming to keep all the most unique ones it seems, I guess it makes sense to keep a stage like Yoshi's Island with the turning blocks. Corneria was one of my favorites, and I remember having a number of classic Melee fights on it. I'm glad that it returned. I was never a big fan of Onett, and never really picked it either, so I'm not too glad to see this one come back. Isn't Brinstar essentially the same thing as Norfair? Did we really need to bring another lava/acid stage back? Personally, I was hoping for Brinstar depths more so we could see Kraid as a stage hazard again, and hear one of my Metroid favorites, Kraid's Theme. I doubt many people are fans of Brinstar though. Rainbow Ride was actually one of my favorites in Melee. Though it wasn't the one I played on the most, it was a pretty beautiful one, and one that I wanted to return. It brings back memories to Super Mario 64, and I loved the music from that stage as well. Overall, it's another unique stage, which is what they seem to be bringing back. The only other Melee stages I think I want to return are Big Blue, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Great Bay, and Pokemon Stadium. I think so far they're only showing us the stages that'll be unlocked by default, while other ones, like Pokemon Stadium, may have to be unlocked.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I love it. Not a single neutral/competitive stage from Melee! I like that Corneria is back, but I wants some Yoshi's Island and Pokemon Stadium 1.

Also, where the hell does PT go when the lava rises? :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The moment I saw the update title, I immedietaly thought "this probably means that soon we'll get an update called 'More Items From Previous Installments."

Garbage. And whats worse is that this opens up the possibility for "Returning Pokemon: part 2!"
The fact that this is true is the reason this update annoys me. The update itself I like, it's the factor that all other "previous" Melee updates can get this same treatment.

*sigh* Where's Characters from Previous games? :p

Also, Brawl with Onett WITHOUT Ness is like repeatedly smacking Earthbound/Mother fans in the ********.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Wow; that's a lot of stages they're bringing back. But I would rather see Big Blue and Fourside instead of Rainbow RIde and Onett.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I said this before but...

For heaven's sake....Brinstar?? Onett??

He could have picked up the more decent ones, like FD, Fountain of Dreams, Peach's Castle, Great Bay , n64 kirby stage , Yoshi's story. THESE are the ones that need to come back.:dizzy::dizzy:

But Nooooooo, we get Brinstar and freakin Onett! :mad::mad::mad: (I love the music though )
Brinstar is played competetively so I don't mind.
Onett is fun in blind fold matches, so don't get me wrong.

I love all these stages, but Yoshi Island because of walk off walls, but the stage is still crazily fun.

D

Deleted member

On one hand, Yoshi's Island and Corneria were two of my best friend's favorite stages (One friend, two stages), and we're probally going to have just about every stage banned from tourneys unless all stages are allowed:)

On the other hand, I was really hoping for a (in case you don't know the rest) Sonic stage

First hand wins, though. It's a good update:)

I agree with you, Storm Eagle: Sakurai (or Skrai, if you want to call him that), please no "Items From Previous Installments: Part 2"

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Wtf gtfo this board, It's getting annoying when people say Ness is still in, the Lucas special moves update completely said that he's not in.
and its also completely annoying when ppl use only one quote as fact that a character is not returning so u should get out as well

On Topic: im glad Onett is back.......ROAD RAGE!!!!! (^^)v

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
why does everone want FD I know it's one of everyone's fav Tourney stage but you can create the same thing on stage builder in 10 secs. I rather the returning stages be used for more complicated stages.

I personally like this update becuse alot of my fav stages are returning expecially cornia(sp).

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
why does everone want FD I know it's one of everyone's fav Tourney stage but you can create the same thing on stage builder in 10 secs. I rather the returning stages be used for more complicated stages.

I personally like this update becuse alot of my fav stages are returning expecially cornia(sp).
FD means Fountain Of Dreams right?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If Onett means Ness is back in, I also guess it means that Ridley is a automatic shoe-in, as well as a AC character, and someone representing Pictochat, no?

Really, the stages don't really confirm a character always. (Though I do think Ridley and a ACer will be in)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
If Onett means Ness is back in, I also guess it means that Ridley is a automatic shoe-in, as well as a AC character, and someone representing Pictochat, no?

Really, the stages don't really confirm a character always. (Though I do think Ridley and a ACer will be in)
it doesnt confirm...but it could drop a hint.....(^^)v

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
The only reason Onett is in, because it's a Mother stage. Sakurai's like bringing stages back that are from the popular franchies. (Mario's stage, Link's stage.) Oh god, I just want characters Sakurai, THINK ABOUT ME! >.<

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
The only reason Onett is in, because it's a Mother stage. Sakurai's like bringing stages back that are from the popular franchies. (Mario's stage, Link's stage.) Oh god, I just want characters Sakurai, THINK ABOUT ME! >.<
speaking of MOTHER stages......isnt it weird how we never got stages from the first MOTHER????

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
The first Mother was to unpopular... I never played it by I don't think you can even name the mane characters I could be wrong though...

SwordMasterR0X

Smash Cadet

I can't think of anyone representing the DS, except maybe a DS that can attack with a stylus. :p Stages don't always confirm characters, but I think Animal Crosser is a possible character.

This update wasn't so bad, I lurved Corneria and Onett, but I want Fountain of Dreams and Final Destination back. :(

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
The first Mother was to unpopular... I never played it by I don't think you can even name the mane characters I could be wrong though...
wait............how do u kno the first MOTHER was unpopular???? i kno that in America alot of ppl dont kno the first MOTHER unless it being called "EarthBound 0".....but unpopular??? if it was unpopular I dont think they would have made a series......

no final destination
oh yeah XDDDDDDDD.....anyway maybe they'll bring that stage back but with a new look....

Top Bottom