• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Update was Staged by Melee

GothGanon

Smash Rookie
I Bet there will be a 4-F day; Fourside, Final destination, F-Zero Grand Prix Mute city, and F-zero: Big Blue

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
hey this update was quite good imo. i mean, i was expecting a crappy update like an item. 5 returning stages is a fairly good update. i like yoshi's island, corneria and onett, not a fan of brinstar and i hate the rainbow ride. i'd like to see stages from n64. dream land 64 to be more specific, i love the stage and the music owned (i have it as a ring tone on my cellphone).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Good update, agreed that Fountain of Dreams should make it. FD is too crappy of a level, all it is, is a platform.

Glad Yoshis Dream Island whatever, did not make it back, those levels look gay and the music is gay as well.

Would like to see some 64 stages make it (even though I didn't have one). 64 Donkey Kong stage was really good.

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me
For me its not a good update or a bad update it's so-so i like that corneria is coming back and yes rainbow ride too so sue me but the rest is like why put it in?!!? I really don't see why they added another metroid stage with lava when we have a reincarnation of that that is norfair i just don't get why sakurai likes lava metroid stages 0_o

and i would like to see the stage hyrule castle from SB64 that was the coolest stage i played it all the time :)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Good update, agreed that Fountain of Dreams should make it. FD is too crappy of a level, all it is, is a platform.

Glad Yoshis Dream Island whatever, did not make it back, those levels look gay and the music is gay as well.

Would like to see some 64 stages make it (even though I didn't have one). 64 Donkey Kong stage was really good.
no FD is not crappy...its good for ppl who want no obstacles and just want to focus on fighting....sure although i do like a few obstacles myself....but someties u do get kind of tired of Airwings blasting at u...or cars driving on the side walk at 432434 MPH XD

Icicle Mountain?
DING!!!!!!! (^^)v

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Where's Icicle Mountain? That stage was pwn'age.

I'll just go grab some popcorn.

EDIT: Dangit! You guys beat me to making fun :(.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll say it again, since many people seem to not get the point. In fact, I'll put it in colors and large(r) text, so that noone misses it!

Tournament-friendly stages are a waste of valuable stage-roster-space. Why? Because they're ALL THE SAME (basically)
Nearly EVERY tournament-neutral stage can be quickly and easily made in the stage builder, while many of the banned ones cannot. Sure, include Poke-floats and rainbow ride. Those can't be imitated. But FINAL DESTINATION WILL NOT TAKE MORE THAN A MINUTE TO RECREATE. Nearly every unbanned stage can be reasonably re-created in stage builder. So instead of wishing for stages that we could make ourselves, and waste that much roster space, let's wish for stages that a) aren't despised (Brinstar Depths, looking at you), and b) can't be recreated.

You can make most stages yourself. Don't waste a roster spot on them.
It's like wishing for a clone to take an original character's spot.

Wanted:
Mute City
Big Blue
Great Bay
Peach's Castle
Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll say it again, since many people seem to not get the point. In fact, I'll put it in colors and large(r) text, so that noone misses it!

Tournament-friendly stages are a waste of valuable stage-roster-space. Why? Because they're ALL THE SAME (basically)
Nearly EVERY tournament-neutral stage can be quickly and easily made in the stage builder, while many of the banned ones cannot. Sure, include Poke-floats and rainbow floats. Those can't be imitated. But FINAL DESTINATION WILL NOT TAKE MORE THAN A MINUTE TO RECREATE. Nearly every unbanned stage can be reasonably re-created in stage builder. So instead of wishing for stages that we could make ourselves, and waste that much roster space, let's wish for stages that a) aren't despised (Brinstar Depths, looking at you), and b) can't be recreated.

Wanted:
Mute City
Big Blue
Great Bay
Peach's Castle
Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2
uhmmm... how do u kno nearly every unbanned stage can be created with Stage builder...and its Rainbow Ride (^^)v..not floats

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
no FD is not crappy...its good for ppl who want no obstacles and just want to focus on fighting....sure although i do like a few obstacles myself....but someties u do get kind of tired of Airwings blasting at u...or cars driving on the side walk at 432434 MPH XD

DING!!!!!!! (^^)v
FD is to plain to me to be intresting, The obstacles is what makes the game fun.

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm happy.. :)

I won't be surprised if we see any other Melee stages get sequels like Pokemon stadium did.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm glad that Corneria at least is coming back. That was my favorite stage in Melee. But Onett and Yoshi's Island? Not exactly my favorite two stages. I didn't really like Rainbow Ride either. And now we have two lava stages :p.

But it's good to see the updates come back. And as someone mentioned, we got five stages confirmed in one update!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Well I'm glad that Corneria at least is coming back. That was my favorite stage in Melee. But Onett and Yoshi's Island? Not exactly my favorite two stages. I didn't really like Rainbow Ride either. And now we have two lava stages :p.

But it's good to see the updates come back. And as someone mentioned, we got five stages confirmed in one update!
technically its not lava its acid (^^)v

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me

Nearly EVERY tournament-neutral stage can be quickly and easily made in the stage builder, while many of the banned ones cannot. Sure, include Poke-floats and rainbow RIDE. Those can't be imitated. But FINAL DESTINATION WILL NOT TAKE MORE THAN A MINUTE TO RECREATE. Nearly every unbanned stage can be reasonably re-created in stage builder. So instead of wishing for stages that we could make ourselves, and waste that much roster space, let's wish for stages that a) aren't despised (Brinstar Depths, looking at you), and b) can't be recreated.

WHOA dude i am getting a major mad vibe emminating from your post you need to calm down

and i think FD will be in BECAUSE of tournaments plus some people like flat hazardless stages (me being one of them) i think there should only be one though just like in melee you are bias in your opinion saying that FD is a piece of crap and i am bias saying it is a good stage so they will most definately do something like it just for people like me and 1 stage is not wasting a stage roster space or whatever especially one as simple as FD also it is nothing NOTHING near like a clone taking a character spot that's just on a way higher scale of stupidity (the clone thing not you)

P-Lock

Smash Rookie
While I didn't play on many of these stages, I'm happy to see that Onett is coming back. I actually did really like that stage and its music. And atleast we know that Sakurai has jam packed this game with new and old features.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Its not like these are all the melee stages that came back lol >_> I`m guessing/hoping we`ll get additional melee returns along with the nice sneak peek we got today. Which was a nice sneak peak.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Wrong.

It was Rainbow Ride in SM64. The literal translation from japanese to english says Rainbow Cruise, which is why it was called that in melee, but when SM64 came to america, they changed it to Rainbow Ride, probably for the alliteration.

So, actually, Melee was wrong. I noticed it when melee came out, and I'm glad they fixed it.
Ok, well I never really got into SSB64 and this update is called Melee Stages. The stage on Melee is called Rainbow Cruise. No need for the attitude.

Chess

Smash Rookie
This update was iight, but I'm sorry......Yoshi's Islands good,Great Bay sucks. 'Nuff said.

Chess

Smash Rookie
Shinny Ivysaurs got real good point, dough.

No need to waste GB on stages you can make in seconds.

Patinator

Smash Champion
What is it with people not liking that a certain stage is back? I like them all!

:D

Now the DOJO!!'s starting up again! ...As is school for some of us.

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie
Yay five stages! I don't know why people don't like some stages that are back; just don't play in them, it's that simple. I was hoping for FoD though...oh well. Tomorow's update: Music from Previous Installments.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Wait...Wasn't Ridley seen in the background of Brinstar in Melee...? D:
Or was that the original Smash Bros?

X-DS

Smash Cadet
At first I was disappointed by the lack of Fountain of Dreams, but after thinking about it I'd rather have that stage remade.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Yay five stages! I don't know why people don't like some stages that are back; just don't play in them, it's that simple.
No one expects that every past stage will be back, so whenever we see a past stage that we don't like confirmed, it lowers the chances of getting a past stage we do like.

I'm hoping we finally get a SSB64 past stages update. Hyrule Castle would be awesome.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Hyrule Castle and Saffron City please sakurai!!!
QFT.

Pokémon Stadium 1 is a given though. If there's a #2 I'd expect Number one.

Seems like I am the only person who hated Fountain of Dreams. Horrible Stage.

I do like that Red (PT) gets his own platform on Brinstar. I'm just glad they didn't bring back the one with Kraid.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
QFT.

Pokémon Stadium 1 is a given though. If there's a #2 I'd expect Number one.

Seems like I am the only person who hated Fountain of Dreams. Horrible Stage.

I do like that Red (PT) gets his own platform on Brinstar. I'm just glad they didn't bring back the one with Kraid.
y'd u hate FOD? was it because it was small and simple with no obstacles? graphic wise? or both? TT___TT

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if there is a part 3 too..
Also, some 64 would be appreciated.
Average update (Y)

Top Bottom