• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Update was Staged by Melee

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
was it just my computer? This morning when i went to smashbros.com, i only saw the dragoon update. so i went to the japanese site and saw today's update there... i came back to the site later today and found that it was on the american site.... weird. did this happen to anybody else?

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I only expect Princess Peach's Castle, Pokemon Stadium 1, and Flat Zone to return of the Melee Stages, along with Dream Land, Yoshi's Island, and Kongo Jungle from SSB64.

Final Destination will be revamped like Battlefield as it's a Smash Bros. Staple. Big Blue will be revamped into being Mute City, but with the same gimmick because between Mario Circuit and Delfino Plaza, Mute City's gimmicks are not unique. We will probably also get new versions of Mushroom Kingdom I and Mushroom Kingdom II, as well as hopefully a Mushroom Kingdom III based on SMB3

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
oh ok, thanks for tellin me. i don't play earthbound btw. =P

but still, why use the japanese name?
cause its the original name (^^)v....do u remember in the opening vid for Melee right b4 Ness appeared out of the Worm hole those two guys in black walking down the streets of Onett? those two were the singers of the band..any now i must get back on topic (^^)v

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
People want Mute City, right? Guess what?

CAPTAIN FALCON ISN'T CONFIRMED YET....... So no Past Stages: Mute City for anyone yet.

:)
Yet, they confirmed Samurai Goroh as an assist trophy a LONG time ago.

Falcon's a shoe-in. The meme "FALCON PUNCH!" has immortalized his presence on the internets. Sakurai'd be an idiot to NOT put him in Brawl.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hmm. Well, CoroCoro confirmed Captain Falcon. But with Goroh in, I guess an F-Zero stage could be revealed. Meh.

(...I trust Sakurai only, though...)

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
y'd u hate FOD? was it because it was small and simple with no obstacles? graphic wise? or both? TT___TT
Mainly because it is way too small. There's no room to get away if you are in a jam. The **** platforms keep getting in the way and lifting me up when I don't want to go up. Also the pink everywhere doesn't help it. I like Big or medium stages. The small stages are always turned off on my game. I dislike being trapped with nowhere to go. especially when my friend always chooses Sheik on that stage. Stupid fountain of dreams.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Mainly because it is way too small. There's no room to get away if you are in a jam. The **** platforms keep getting in the way and lifting me up when I don't want to go up. Also the pink everywhere doesn't help it. I like Big or medium stages. The small stages are always turned off on my game. I dislike being trapped with nowhere to go. especially when my friend always chooses Sheik on that stage. Stupid fountain of dreams.
...u just ripped a hole in my heart senor....TTT____________________TTT

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
YES plz.

That was Kraid.

I think FD is a given, considering Battlefield is in, and where else would you fight final bosses?

If there's any more "Returning" updates left, I sure hope they show EVERY item/stage/song/char/etc in the entire game that will be reused instead of making teeny little multi-updates.

Nooo, Ridley was seen flying in the background of Brinstar, or planet zebes .
Can't remember which one

DragoonXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
DragoonXD
I hated FoD. All the colors and brightness was over the top and made it hard to concentrate. Plus the platforms moving up and down could get annoying ^^;

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Fingers on lips!!!- The Doctor, Doctor Who

This was a great update! And, personally, I am hoping for something that would really irk everybody here off, like "How to turn on the Wii"! And how is Onett a Ness-only stage? Lucas could easily be why it's there. Also, how is Fountain of Dreams easy to recreate? The two platforms on either side might be hard to copy. Dreamland 64 is also a must. I loved that stage!

On the character thing that was brought up (maybe, I might have imagined it). I think Brawl needs a female Fire Emblem character, another Sonic character, a third Legend of Zelda character, another Metroid character, definately more Star Fox characters, and more Pokemon characters. And characters that aren't original game characters. Like Luffy.

And One Piece: Unlimited Adventure probably comes out this month!:grin:

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Ridley was in the background of Zebes, not the Melee stage.

On the subject of Onett: Yes, it IS a Ness stage. It's Ness' hometown, it's exclusive to MOTHER2/Earthbound, and even has Ness' house in the background.

On FoD: I love that stage. I hope it comes back, it had some of the most appealing graphics of any stage IMO, and is pretty important to the Kirby games.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Dammit Sakurai! Think: Fountain of Dreams, N64 Kirby's Dreamland and the original Pokemon Stadium! Ugh. I can just imagine...
The Icicle Mountain is back!

Hmmm... This looks like a stage we've seen before... Though, all of those stages were pretty good. Except Onett and Brinstar. Hate them. Except the music for Onett. Not bad...

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
...u just ripped a hole in my heart senor....TTT____________________TTT
Heh, I guess it's all up to personal preference. I know Fountain of Dreams was a favorite among alot of people. My Friend hates anything that has to do with Kirby, yet he likes Fountain of Dreams. Weird.

Dream Land 64 needs to come back. I liked that stage. Saffron City is a must. With Updated Graphics of course.

DragoonXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
DragoonXD
Saffron City was the best stage ever IMO. They'll have to update it though, because the Pokemon that came out of the building are mostly either in Pokeballs, or Playable (Squitle/Blastoise, Ivysaur/Venasaur)

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'll second the calls for Fountain of Dreams and Pokémon Stadium. I'd also like to see Mushroom Kingdom (both from Melee and SSB64), Subcon, Peach's Castle, Great Bay, and Flatzone (mainly because it would mean G&W is returning).

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this is nice but i really want fountain of dreams back =( . maybe they already have a ton of new stages though that improve upon previous ones . im really hoping for new kirby,yoshi mario, stages. a galaxy stage would be awespme!!

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
The update concept was good, releasing 5 past stages in a single update is good. But I did not like the stages that were released. I think they could have posted better ones like Yoshi's Story and Dream Land 64. Here are my opinions on each of the stages

Yoshi Island- I hated this stage in ssbm. It has a walk off edge, and I am not a huge fan of them. It has an extremely low ceiling, which Fox can abuse with up throw - up air and use it to kill at very low percentages with ease. The destroyable boxes, especially the ones in the center are extremely annoying. I never liked this stage.

Corneria- I like this stage, but I expected it to be in Brawl in some way. But I don't like how the bottom right part encourages camping. But overall, it is not a bad stage and is the only one I like that was announced in this update

Onett- I don't like the stage since it has walk off edges, but that is my only complaint. I like the stages music, it was really enjoyable to listen to. This stage's confirmation gives Ness a better chance of returning, which I want to happen because I hate the idea of taking out characters.

Brinstar- I don't like this stage. I never liked any of the Metriod stages because of the lava. Lava gets really annoying and just makes stages not fun.

Rainbow Ride- I am neutral on this stage. I don't like moving stages, but since this has a set path, it is acceptable.

johniam22

Smash Rookie
Like many people have said I hope they bring back Mushroom Kingdom from Melee but with the traveling pipes from smash64. It was so fun to piss your friends off with that lol.
Even though most people here hate the stages shown, I personally like them. They are unique,and theres no telling how many other past stages are returning. Omission=Suspense not deconfirmed...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's not my favorite update, but I'm glad that Onett is back.

Smash Ace
He could have picked up the more decent ones, like FD, Fountain of Dreams, Peach's Castle, Great Bay , n64 kirby stage , Yoshi's story. THESE are the ones that need to come back.
Those are seriously some of the gayest stages there were (FD as an obvious exception)

BTW, I like when Mic does the titles. Misto-Roboto is not very creative with them.
=2007=

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad the Dojo has started the updates again in style... this was how the first Melee Stages should have been, in my opinion. When I saw the text "Melee Stages" for the first time, I was expecting a little more than only Hyrule Temple. Thankfully this update isn't just only Yoshi's Island, or something ******** like that.

I'm actually pleased at the all stages that have come back to Brawl so far, it's looking a lot better than Melee's retro selection was. I especially like Onett and Corneria, but I guess I'm nostalgic for Earthbound and any stage that has you fighting on the Great Fox.

Fernie812

Smash Cadet
Glad to see some of these stages again...I never really played rainbow cruise, but I always played Onett and Coneria with my friends, those were some of my favorite levels. Of coarse, we always played the big ones, so my heart skipped a beat when I saw that the temple was back. With my friends, I'll problably play a lot of Temple and a lot of New Pork City. Yoshi's Island I was never a fan of, it just felt a bit conjested. Like you coulnd't jump without hitting something. But that is just my opinion.

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
Good update but ...

I like this update but why the hell is he not talking advatage of those charactor updates and building the hipe? I donesnt make any sence to me. . . Why wait for the game to come out and then have people see the charactor's while there could be hipe being built and posibly more people to buy this game? I have no clue but these charactor updates better come quick because it will be a waist and japans gettin brawl in 2 to 3 weeks.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am happy for any returning stage becuse imo a stage is just as important as character updates

Top Bottom