• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you want announced besides characters.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Of course characters are the biggest thing and all but I myself need to step back from all these leaks and rumors and start setting my expectations lower, so lets discuss other things we'd like to see announced.

- I'm really hoping the change to My Music is optional, I like setting the song frequency by stage, I want Gerudo Valley to play on Gerudo Valley, not on the new BotW stage and I don't want to change it constantly.

- I'd also like it if stage morph could at least be expanded to 3 stages *shrug* for fun sometimes I do a large amount of stocks with friends, would be cool to switch between more than just 2 stages.

- I'd like to be able to import my own music as well, but I know for many reasons it is very unlikely, but meh.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
The only other thing I can think of wanting to know is what each character's costumes will be in this game, especially since some of them have changed.

Also it would be nice to know what single player content we're getting that could be potentially better than the previous installments single player modes.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Amiibo for assist trophies and Pokeball Pokemon. Could you imagine a Krystal, Knuckles, Zero, Klaptrap, Mother Brain, Lyn, Knuckle Joe, Mimikyu, Riki, etc. Yes the amiibo craze is damn near dead but what if Nintendo made a poll of which assist's/pokemon would like to see as an amiibo and like the top 10/15 got made as limited run edition amiibo and sold exclusively to Switch Online members ala the NES Controllers.

Last edited:

Driver Of The Aegis

Smash Rookie
Of course characters are the biggest thing and all but I myself need to step back from all these leaks and rumors and start setting my expectations lower, so lets discuss other things we'd like to see announced.

- I'm really hoping the change to My Music is optional, I like setting the song frequency by stage, I want Gerudo Valley to play on Gerudo Valley, not on the new BotW stage and I don't want to change it constantly.

- I'd also like it if stage morph could at least be expanded to 3 stages *shrug* for fun sometimes I do a large amount of stocks with friends, would be cool to switch between more than just 2 stages.

- I'd like to be able to import my own music as well, but I know for many reasons it is very unlikely, but meh.
Story mode

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Hrmm. Let's see...

- Proper return of Break the Targets, even if it's in Brawl format because making 70+ stages would be way too much for this mode alone I think. Maybe they could do a 'Series' Break the Targets instead, where it's like, the Mario series gets its own stage, the Zelda series gets its own stage, etc. Would be a great way to bring it back in proper form. They could also compile retro/wtf characters together, and maybe put smaller franchises together or have them tag along with bigger ones. (Olimar going onto the 'Kirby' BTT stage would be good, as well as Captain Falcon with either the Metroid or Star Fox stage, IMO, to name some examples.)

- Going on with the above idea, they could also possibly bring back Board the Platforms this way without having to create too many stages for it.

- Give Stage Builder the option to have some series-unique items or hazards to be placed on stages, even if they're just pulled directly from other stages. Mario's ?-blocks, Hyrule Castle 64's whirlwind, set spawn locations for Mother 3's Ultimate Chimera, etc. On top of that, allow for series-specific backgrounds and aesthetics. Doesn't have to be for every franchise, 3 or 4 would be plenty, and it would be leagues better than just having the standard boring stuff we've had up to this point.

Just want to say, it's already confirmed that you can set song frequency per stage. The change they made only makes it so that you can have each song from the stage's franchise on that stage, but you can still set it per stage.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Amiibo for assist trophies and Pokeball Pokemon. Could you imagine a Krystal, Knuckles, Zero, Klaptrap, Mother Brain, Lyn, Knuckle Joe, Mimikyu, Riki, etc. Yes the amiibo craze is damn near dead but what if Nintendo made a poll of which assist's/pokemon would like to see as an amiibo and like the top 10/15 got made as limited run edition amiibo and sold exclusively to Switch Online members ala the NES Controllers.
I'd love to get some AT amiibo...sold me at Knuckles and Krystal! I'd be too salty to buy a Wauigi AT amiibo...just kidding I'd be first in line.

I hope he'd have his hand on the glass looking bummed out.

Just want to say, it's already confirmed that you can set song frequency per stage. The change they made only makes it so that you can have each song from the stage's franchise on that stage, but you can still set it per stage.
And here I thought it was just a list of songs from the series with a slider...not per stage, did I miss that???

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
And here I thought it was just a list of songs from the series with a slider...not per stage, did I miss that???
It was per stage in Brawl and 4. Ultimate is changing this, even though it's going to create all sorts of dissonance when you play bright and cheery music on dark and foreboding stages like Luigi's Mansion, Bridge of Eldin, or Battleship Halberd (or, alternatively, playing dark and foreboding music on bright and cheery stages like Mushroom Kingdom, Skyloft, or Dream Land).

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
All amiibo are compatible. Non-fighter amiibo can be used once a day to get trophies, coins, etc.
And BTW the amiibo craze if far from over, especially since we're getting a re-release in December.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Nervous about the lack of a stage builder so far. I've always loved that feature.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
IKR. Nintendo switch online exclusive products is an awful idea
Okay maybe not that. But Nintendo is planning on making "special offers" part of the service. I personally don't want that as Switch online is garbage but I'm just looking at it through Nintendo's eyes. Gotta have SOMETHING enticing to get people to sign up for there service...

Driver Of The Aegis

Smash Rookie
T
Okay maybe not that. But Nintendo is planning on making "special offers" part of the service. I personally don't want that as Switch online is garbage but I'm just looking at it through Nintendo's eyes. Gotta have SOMETHING enticing to get people to sign up for there service...
true I guess

Uffe

Smash Hero
I would like to hear about a new Stage Builder, Break the Targets, and Board the Platforms, though, I highly doubt that'll happen, because they'd have to make each one for every character. A color palette changer would be a cool feature as well.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
It was per stage in Brawl and 4. Ultimate is changing this, even though it's going to create all sorts of dissonance when you play bright and cheery music on dark and foreboding stages like Luigi's Mansion, Bridge of Eldin, or Battleship Halberd (or, alternatively, playing dark and foreboding music on bright and cheery stages like Mushroom Kingdom, Skyloft, or Dream Land).
SmashBro99 SmashBro99 (I figured you'd want to hear this)
I'm pretty sure you can set the frequency for each stage seperately. Meaning you can set certains songs to zero (I.E. set Gerudo Valley to 75 on the Gerudo Valley stage but have it set to 0 on Bridge of Eldin)

Speaking of my own wants, I want them to ellaborate on the green mystery mode (who doesn't). I also hope they confirm a bunch of cool alternate costumes, and more modes they haven't talked about yet.

Driver Of The Aegis

Smash Rookie
I would like to hear about a new Stage Builder, Break the Targets, and Board the Platforms, though, I highly doubt that'll happen, because they'd have to make each one for every character. A color palette changer would be a cool feature as well.
Break the targets needs to return

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Things I want announced... All DLC will be free, you can play smash Ultimate online with every single thing the game has to offer concerning online play without a nintendo switch online subscription, full SNES and/or N64 games included in the game itself... but since we live in reality.... Melee style adventure mode with branching paths, >NO< Banjo & Kazooie AT and the implementation of the greatest stage builder that the series has ever seen

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Things I want announced... All DLC will be free, you can play smash Ultimate online with every single thing the game has to offer concerning online play without a nintendo switch online subscription, full SNES and/or N64 games included in the game itself... but since we live in reality.... Melee style adventure mode with branching paths, >NO< Banjo & Kazooie AT and the implementation of the greatest stage builder that the series has ever seen
What do you mean no Banjo and Kazooie AT? Like you don't want Banjo and Kazooie as an Assist Trophy, or you don't want one from the series at all?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
What do you mean no Banjo and Kazooie AT? Like you don't want Banjo and Kazooie as an Assist Trophy, or you don't want one from the series at all?
No Assist Trophy of Banjo and Kazooie... I don't want to ever see that character as an assist trophy.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Break the targets needs to return
Yup. And not like Brawl's iteration, either. Having ones unique to the characters was what I liked about the ones in 64 and Melee. I guess I'd be fine if they did it by series this time around instead of it being all character exclusive.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Please explain why everyone is dumping on Switch Online. What are you comparing it to to call it "garbage"?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I want a robust single player game. Classic Mode going back to being... well... classic, is a big step in the right direction, and i'm loving that each character has a classic mode that's tailored to them with their own title, but of course I want more. I expect target smash being tailored to each character to return because of this.

I want an adventure mode, of course, likely something between Adventure mode in Melee and SSE from Brawl. What I'm expecting is something about the size of SSE, but with little to no cut-scenes, the trade off being that the locales and enemies and bosses all come from represented games instead of being generic locales with the Subspace army and the occasional Koopa Troop member... of course it's possible we'll get nothing, and i'll be sad, but not devestated.

I'd like My Music to have an option where you can make a playlist for each stage that has whatever songs you want on it instead of restricting you to series... I want this so I can play Gangplank Galleon on the Pirate Ship level. That is my only reason. Also I have to wonder where songs from the "OTHER" category will go if everything is organized by series now.

If trophies are returning, something from Melee that I'd like to come back is classic mode trophies using classic designs for the characters. In melee, a fighter trophy you got from adventure mode used their model from Melee, but in classic mode it was more closely based off of official artwork from specific games, even re-creating specific poses. Mario and Peach looked a lot like their designs from the 2D Artwork, Bowser had colors and proportions similar to his SM64 renders, Yoshi was based on Yoshi story despite his model in melee being based on Yoshi's Island, ect.

I think it'd be kinda cool if you could arrange the CSS any way you want. Seems like this time it's based on their numbers, but i'd rather group them by series. I also don't really want Echoes next to the characters they're based on.

Lastly, more costumes. I've wanted Sakurai to go all in on costumes and skins for so long. Some of these characters have so many different designs through out their series, or they have their own alternate costumes, it seems like a wasted opportunity to be so stingy with who gets to have a true alternate costume and who doesn't. I wouldn't even care if they were DLC packs.

EDIT: OH yes, one more thing. I want fighters that nobody is playing as to have a chance to pop out of an assist trophy and help fight for a little bit. Think of it like Ditto, except instead of turning into whoever threw the ball, it can turn into anyone who isn't on the stage.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
SmashBro99 SmashBro99 (I figured you'd want to hear this)
I'm pretty sure you can set the frequency for each stage seperately. Meaning you can set certains songs to zero (I.E. set Gerudo Valley to 75 on the Gerudo Valley stage but have it set to 0 on Bridge of Eldin)
Did they say this when they talked about it? If so I missed it.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I'd like My Music to have an option where you can make a playlist for each stage that has whatever songs you want on it instead of restricting you to series... I want this so I can play Gangplank Galleon on the Pirate Ship level. That is my only reason. Also I have to wonder where songs from the "OTHER" category will go if everything is organized by series now.
They'll probably go to "OTHER" stages, like Hanenbow, Wrecking Crew, etc.

Lastly, more costumes. I've wanted Sakurai to go all in on costumes and skins for so long. Some of these characters have so many different designs through out their series, or they have their own alternate costumes, it seems like a wasted opportunity to be so stingy with who gets to have a true alternate costume and who doesn't. I wouldn't even care if they were DLC packs.

EDIT: OH yes, one more thing. I want fighters that nobody is playing as to have a chance to pop out of an assist trophy and help fight for a little bit. Think of it like Ditto, except instead of turning into whoever threw the ball, it can turn into anyone who isn't on the stage.
Both of these would be super cool, and I want them as well.

Did they say this when they talked about it? If so I missed it.
I mean, that's how I interpreted it, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Board the platforms to return. Original break the targets for each character (...yeah this ain’t happening with us almost at 100 characters...).

Smash run to return, with the ability to play online but also where the other players are actually on the same map as you.

Full camera that lets you circle the entire stage when you pause.

The ability to record and upload videos again, but this time actually keep the service up(shouldn’t be a problem since no more miiverse to link to)

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
1. Option to sort the character select screen by series.
This is probably the thing I want most. I understand that it is sorted by the character's inclusion in Smash, but it just looks like an awful jumbled mess right now. It clashes hard with this game's polish and "ultimate" feeling IMO.

2. Stage Builder.
Another thing that I really want. I love building stages, I spent hours making them in Smash 4 and Brawl. Some added features like altering blastzone lines and more backgrounds/terrains would be amazing.

3. More alternate costumes/colors.
Where's Fire Flower Mario? Where's Twilight Princess or OoT Link? Hopefully we get more in either the base game or as DLC.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
1) Stage Builder that combines Brawl's and Smash For's. Possibly even going beyond that and letting us use assets from other stages.

2) BRING. BACK. COIN. LAUNCHER.

3) Hope to see some cut items return, like the Cracker Launcher or the Fan.

4) A Xenoblade X stage is a must, even without Elma.

5) I seriously hope Spirits isn't a "one time and done" mode, which objective is just to unlock characters, but that it has replay value like Melee's Adventure had.

D

Deleted member

5) I seriously hope Spirits isn't a "one time and done" mode, which objective is just to unlock characters, but that it has replay value like Melee's Adventure had.
You and me both. I hope that "Spirits" is a good mode.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
- A way to organize the Character and Stage Select Screens by franchise assuming it isn’t the default.
- An improved Stage Builder hopefully like the one I described.
- The supposed Spirits mode being another Subspace like adventure.
- For all music featured in all previous Smash Bros games to return.
- Break the Targets not being an Angry Birds rip off.
- Coin Launcher returning from Smash Brawl.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
All amiibo are compatible. Non-fighter amiibo can be used once a day to get trophies, coins, etc.
And BTW the amiibo craze if far from over, especially since we're getting a re-release in December.
I'd love to see amiibo being used as one of the ways to unlock trophies, at least for non-fighters. Maybe unique variant trophies that are in the pose of their amiibo for the fighters?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Spirits Mode to be something like a mix of Subspace (with amazing character interactions and bosses) and Melee’s Adventure Mode (with actual Nintendo worlds and enemies), with great replay value.

Coin Launcher, or a new fun way of getting trophies. I’m not a fan of Smash 4’s Trophy Rush, rarely got new trophies. I’d even take Melee’s lottery system, where I could see my odds and adjust based on it.

More fan-service alternate costumes, like different suits for Samus, older outfits for characters like Link and the StarFox gang, Outset Island Toon Link, and Pajama Ness.

Top Bottom