• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

things that should not have been put in brawl

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Something they shouldn't have put in?

The game disc.

But in all truthfulness, it isn't the stuff they added, except random tripping, it's the stuff they took out that bothers me, mostly Bonus Melee.
That was win.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
and it is stupid to put them in a sudden death match when it takes too long. talk about not giving people the chance of letting them test their skills. i once lost because of the ****ing bomb when i shouldve won. i almost got my oponent to star KO when one dropped on me and i died instead first. the b bombs well they have such a long radius that sometimes when i throw it i get caught in the blast. so dumb ***.

Yeah I think it would be better if sudden death was just the two opponents with 300% battling it out. I like watching sudden deaths because of how tense they are and the bombs kinda just ruin that and make it more based on luck

sammy p

Smash Lord
Yeah I think it would be better if sudden death was just the two opponents with 300% battling it out. I like watching sudden deaths because of how tense they are and the bombs kinda just ruin that and make it more based on luck
ruining the moment...... but whoever win cuz of that ALWAYS thinks its hysterical and the loser just wants to strangle the winner.... im the same way!
but thats why i have so much fun with those on super sudden death!!!:chuckle:

DK_047

Smash Cadet
I think some of the new items are too powerful. If someone picks up a cracker launcher, smash ball, curry, or a good assist trophy, youre usually gonna die right away. I also hate how the lightning and clocks can backfire, and make you smaller or slower. And some of the final smashes are much better than others.

Dins_fire21

Smash Rookie
Tripping, and the demon and nintendog assist trophies. It makes the matches annoying.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
the broken Fzero machines in this game need to be TONED DOWN

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Why the hell is Thunder still here?
Sure you n00bs can't really abuse it as much this time around (due to more characters having "immunity" to certain projectiles) but it's still annoying to see a Pikachu player use the **** move for a straight 2 minutes.

Oh yeah, why did they remove Bonus Melee? It's the only mode that encouraged players to stop spamming, and play with style.

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, the random tripping. Seriously, what's the use in that? It's totally bogus!

Secondly, while I do like the classic Nintendo games, it only runs for a few seconds or minutes, which is really not enough for me to actaully "enjoy" the experiance of the game. If they could've possibly remove the time restraint on it, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
Tripping, the overpowered items that could all simply thrown, Metaknight, demoes, Final Destination's under edge, Metaknight, the ridiculous stage Hanenbow, Metaknight, the floaty-ness, Metaknight, Metaknight, Metaknight, and Metaknight.

Did I mention Metaknight?

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Tripping is obviously a given, so is rotation and demos. But the Ice climbers? come on, this is the only game they're in anymore.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Any discussion related to this topic could go a very long way. I think it's best to say that half of the SE was just unnecessary, and the items were much too insane. They should have spent more time balancing the roster and making characters.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I personally think the stickers shouldn't been in Brawl. They do close to nothing (except SSE). I agree with most of SSE being unnecessary. I am unsure about the coin game thingy though since I hardly use it.

babster80

Smash Rookie
Tripping, the overpowered items that could all simply thrown, Metaknight, demoes, Final Destination's under edge, Metaknight, the ridiculous stage Hanenbow, Metaknight, the floaty-ness, Metaknight, Metaknight, Metaknight, and Metaknight.

Did I mention Metaknight?
whats so wrong with metaknight? i could pwn him

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ice Climbers.

Who even cares about them?
well i dont see the problem at least they arent as bad as prat falling and bomb ombs during sudden deaths. personally i think they are good i just dont use them caus well i dont know how to use them but when they go to the person in the right hands they are a team of destruction. plus they have many advanced techniques to learn if your that sort of guy. you can control both nana and popo at the same time if you have the skills. their recovery is great (unless you lose nana (or popo)) they have good smashes............

and on another note now that i think of it yeah half of sse was very unnesscisary on my friends game i fogot where to go so i got lost.... now i am stuck trying to help my friend. i hate the great maze. its just like a recap of all you did during the game (a 1 hour long one at that) you have to learn where to go and which door leads to which

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Actually I used to find rotation very useful when Brawl first came out. Because only one person in our scene had the game before it came out. (Japanese Version) So our scene (which was 16+) kept losing track of who was next after each match. So we just entered everyone in rotation and it helped pretty nicely :D. It's just for the people that have a huge *** group and don't want to lose track of who's next. Yeah but I myself finds the demos prettyyyyyy useless..

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
This list could go on and on. SSE fails, tripping, masterpieces, trophies give too much history, stickers don't give ANY history.
I liked the SSE. Seeing how the Nintendo characters interacted with each other was very interesting and the levels very diverse. The gameplay was also good in comparison to other fighting games that have an Adventure Mode.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well IMO, SSE was fun... for the first fifteen minutes. It got old pretty fast, and I only liked the movies. I only beat it to say so. Besides, it took up too much much room on the disk for how much it was worth. They could have used some of that space for more little knick-knacks in the actual Brawling or individual Target Tests.

Brawl is a really, really great game people. Don't just bag on Nintendo and pretend you hate its every being. There are some disappointing things with it, but I enjoy it and apparently so do all of you. :)

UberMario

Smash Master
"Masterpieces" (Apparently demos are works of art)
Stickers (I beat all the stages on Intense without continuing or using stickers)
Clone ATs (Shadow, Kat, and Ana I'm looking at you)
Toon Link (At least make him a unique moveset would ya)
3 Landmasters (Honestly, two is fine, but when you have Wolf in one . . . . , besides they had Arwings programmed already so why bail out on those)
Smoke Balls
Munchlax
Trophies/Stages that force the use of a character to unlock
ExtremeSpeed
Plasma Whip
Waddle Dee (As a projectile)
Limitations in Stage Builder
Tripping (The random kind, not the attack-induced kind)
Slow Brawl (Who actually uses this?)
Climbing
Drowning
The new "SD vs. KO" system (i.e. Ness does 2% to a Dedede with 200%, Mario uses a fireball to ignite a blast box nearby and Ness somehow gets the KO for DeDeDe being blasted)
Oil Panic (It's useful in everyway but the way it was intended)
Diddy's Banana Throw
Wolf's Reflector
Random Vacuum effects
Stale Knockback (Is more useful with it than without it to the aggresor)
Aerials being unable to cancel each other out (Try a simultaneous FAir with two Marios)
Edge leap (You know, when you get sucked towards the ledge inexplicably)
Final Smashes being activated by specials (Why doesn't it replace the taunt button temporarily?)
Snake (Way to out of place)
C4
Super Armor
Freefalling for most characters but not all
Sonic songs with lyrics
Moronic cruel brawl ai
Forcefields in Home-Run Contest
A time limit to recording matches
A time limit to starting a match on with anyone (60 seconds = Overkill, I wish you could just press start to just play with whoever is with you)
CPUs on With Anyone

Did I miss anything?

NNID
Budget_Player
You, my friend, should play a different game. :p

Anyways, I feel that what really should've been excluded from brawl is tripping. That's pretty much it. Almost everything else mentioned (SSE, rotations) are just little add-ons that don't detract from the rest of the game. However, on the other hand, what they left out bothers me... Where is the hitstun? :(

tsilver33

Smash Ace
I disagree about Rotation. Why all the hate? I've used it many times and it is a very useful tool in large groups. It's true people could pass the controllers around themselves, but you wouldn't believe how how many arguments that caused in melee, atleast in my group.

As for what I wish was removed? Two things especially: The demo's could have easily been something useful, or atleast longer than a minute each.

Tripping. >_> Fire the idiot who suggested this. Now.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Agreed. Tripping is absolutely ridiculous. It's not so bad if it's caused by an attack, but random tripping is just... what were they thinking? I wonder if tripping will be included in SSB4... hopefully not.

Top Bottom