• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "wow, Chrono Characters should be in this" thread

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Eww... I detest that lousy PSX port of Chrono Trigger... horrendous load times, craptastic "remixes" of some of the various themes, and those ****ty anime cut scenes didn't add anything to it - if anything they detracted from what was already a masterpiece (kinda like the re-release of the original Star Wars Trilogy...). All that and the fact that it tried to tie it in better to the events of Chrono Cross - while it is a good game, it just doesn't belong alongside Chrono Trigger.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
How was chrono trigger related to cross?
People say that Cross is a sequel but i dont see how...

all the characters would be cool in SSBB... though marle and lucca might be odd...

Crono - Awesome
Frog - AWESOME
Magus - Awesome
Ayla - Awesome
Robo - Awesome

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Crono is a must in Brawl, bring back the classic RPG, comon!!!

Honestly though, CT is still recognised as one of the best games in the world, Crono may only have had 1 Nintendo game, but ****, whut a game it was.

Crono FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!

full_95

Smash Journeyman
thanks, i might have to go and look for this game on the playstation.
might? you might have to look for it it? listen, if you don't purchase this game immediately (or just download an emulator for free), i will personally come to the mushroom kingdom, rip your balls off and shove them up your as$ so that every time you ****, you'll be ****ting on your balls.

- this is my second proclamation to the young gamers out there that were not fortunate enough to spend their youth with the super nintendo. Chrono Trigger is possibly one of the best games ever made, hands down. buy it, steal it, download it, whatever. just do yourself a favor and play Chrono Trigger (even if you dont consider yourself an RPG player), or you may end up with the same fate as blueflames here :laugh:

in case you think SNES games can't hang anymore: http://top100.ign.com/2006/001-010.html

- i called 4 of the top 5, but i sure as **** wasn't expecting resident evil 4 to get so high up there so soon (im not knocking it, that game rocks).

Prower90

Smash Rookie
You'd think that Ayla would be good because her attacks are only melee attacks, right?

Sandy

Smash Champion
Name: Crono
Game: Chrono Trigger
Developer: Square-Enix
Stock Icon: Crono's face:

Emblem: The "C" from Chrono Trigger's main title.

Costumes:

Chosen stance: He does his victory pose, raises a fist to the sky and crouches pulling his fist down.
Entrance: A time-gate opens and Crono falls from it.
Win #1: Sheathes his katana and does his fist raise-bring down victory pose.
Win #2: Lies on the floor sleeping, with arms over his head and snoring until he tumbles over to the side.
Win Line 1: ......
Win Line 2: Zzz...
Victory Song: Crono's Theme, fanfare version. / Chrono Cross's victory fanfare (Lucca's Theme)
Build: Agile (Marth)

Moves: (button: attack: damage %)
-Regular-
A: slash: 3
A+A: slash, slash: 6
v+A: Sword sweep slash: 4
^+A: Handle thrust 4
> + A: Strong slash: 9 Dash+A: Thrust kick 7

-Aerial-
A: Kick: 5
A>: Diagonal slash 7
A<: Back kick 8
Av: Slicer: 9
A^: Overhead slash 9

-Smash Attacks-
Smash>: Katana Smash 13-18
Smash^: Single wide overdead slash 9-14
SmashV: Battou jutsu roundhouse slash (quick spin attack): 15-20

-Grabs-
A: Hits opponent with sword's handle repeatedly: 3
Down: Charges opponent with electricity and tosses him/her to the ground: 7
Up: Throws opponent over his head and slashes him/her: 8
Sides: Throws opponent away and casts Lightning on him/her: 8

-Misc-
Shield: Yellow color (like Protect magic)
Suggested Taunt Poses: Laughs silently (same as when in status confused in his game)
Suggested Taunt Lines: ..............

-B-Moves-
B: Slash: A shockwave that travels across the ground
B^: Spincut: Leaps high into the sky and comes down slashing (like Kirby's without shockwave, and stronger)
Bv: Ciclone: Similar to Young Link's Swordspin, but you can move him horizontally while he's doing it.
B>: Lightning: Similar to Zelda's fire, only that instead of triggering a fiery explosion, it triggers a Pikachu-like thunderbolt (v B) instead.
-B move effects- (damage + effect)
Slash: 5 Damage, but pierces opponent and moves on to next one. (like Super scope uncharged, only single shockwaves)
Spincut: 8 (in air: press UP + B again to slash down.- Slash down = 12% damage and Heavy knock)
Ciclone: 3 Per cut. If one connects, opponent is automatically dragged in. Max hits possible, 14. That's an average of 42.
Lightning: 15 Damage, hits opponents in a vertical line. Like PIkachu's thunderbolt, only this one is fired like Zelda's Din's Fire.

-Brawl Attack (one among these two is to be considered, not both.)
Style 1 - Luminaire: Attacks everyone nearby with a bomb of pure energy. 60 Damage. May be absorbed (Ness)
Style 2 - Delta Force: Crono calls on Lucca and Marle to attack enemies with an elemental triangle of doom. 70 Damage

Kirby Absorb: He grows spiky red hair and a white bandana on his forehead, and a yellow one around his stomach.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
HOPE HAS BEEN RENEWED.... At the musical credits of the new smash bros site is Yasunori Mitsuda... The Chrono Trigger main composer!!!

All we can do is wait...

Zeela12

Smash Ace
wow, very nice moves, (but I thought Ciclone was spelled like "Cyclone"? and Lunimare is a Lighting attack, not pure energy.)

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Luminaire I'm almost positive is a lightning attack in Chrono Trigger, and yes it is Cyclone. I think either Arc Impulse or X-Strike would be better for super slash. Arc Impulse because it is shown being done on the cover of the original box for Chrono Trigger (although it looks like fire which confuses me). X-Strike because it is one of the most well known double techs.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Holy crap Frank Fly! That post gets a 10/10! I expecially loved the Crono Kirby. If there's one Square-Enix character that should be in this game, it should be Crono. Also, if he if does become a playable character, since Yasunori Mitsuda is composing for this game, maybe we'll get to here a fully orchestrated version of the main Chrono theme. ^_^

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
seriously, even if he doesnt make it... If they do have a trigger map, its just another song to add to the collection.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
HEY EVERONE: There's a poll on GameFAQs asking which third-party character you want to see in Brawl, and Crono is one of the choices! Be sure to vote for him, and to tell other Chrono fans to vote for him as well!

DSB

Smash Apprentice
HEY EVERONE: There's a poll on GameFAQs asking which third-party character you want to see in Brawl, and Crono is one of the choices! Be sure to vote for him, and to tell other Chrono fans to vote for him as well!
Too late, Cloud won thanks to the FF7 fankids.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i want to see some chrono trigger characters make it into brawl, but i think frog should get in before chrono

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
i think frog should get in before chrono
i really love chrono trigger that much to vote here, and i tell everybody here to be realistic,
robo and frog would be better than crono?...WTF!?

IF THERES ONE CHARACTER FROM CHRONO TRIGGER IT WILL BE CHRONO AND THATS IT.

we are talking about the PRINCIPAL character of the game for being in brawl, just look at all the melee characters, they are the more important characters in their games.

CT is not nintendo 100%, and if sakurai has compassion for us he will add chrono, but thats it...magus and frog...pfft, dont you all want the masamune there too?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i know what yer sayng, if any chrono rep gets in it will most definetly be chrono. what i am saying is that i think frog would be a more unique smashing character

Striverike

Smash Rookie
Puoh.
I think the fact that Yasunori mitsuda is in this gives some hope that the other 3rd party character that can come in (besides snake) is Chrono from Chrono trigger! It would be just stupid not too, not only has this game been declared #2 best game of all time but its got a huge supporter base and shows some sorta heritage that nintendo had with rpgs.
No reason not to except for Square/nintendo relationship and rights.
Also, its an instant fan/crowd pleaser and surely will increase the profits which is a main objective.
And the stage in Chrono would just be too fitting. (Magus's castle - the fight with magus? or just a plain stage which rotates through time as to fit with the new stage themes in changing from day-night, etc.)

note:
The chrono moveset looks 10/10 btw!
I would change the final smash to something like Arc Impulse (marle, frog and chrono) or a more intense version of Chrono's Confuse.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Chrono would, at least from a sales perspective, be the best character to add from CT. Frog would be my choice to add, though. I think he'd add a more unique touch to the roster, using a sword wielded with two hands and being, well, a frog.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Crono is the coolest 3rd party addition I can think of, seriously. I like Chrono Cross, but that wasn't released on a nintendo console at all. Chrono and Magus are great, though Magus is a playable character in CT and Radical Dreamers, so he's a frequent in two of the games. Just saying. I'd like them both, but Magus is the one I'd rather have. Incidentally, my favorite characters in the game are Lucca, Magus and Robo in that order

JoshuaAmaron

Smash Cadet
As much as I love Crono and want him as a playable character really badly I am forced to view the obvious. Crono is owned by various people and some don't even work for Square anymore. In order to get him in Nintendo would have to pay them all royalties. :( I doubt he'll even make it as an AT.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Chrono would, at least from a sales perspective, be the best character to add from CT. Frog would be my choice to add, though. I think he'd add a more unique touch to the roster, using a sword wielded with two hands and being, well, a frog.
and his tonuge attacks would be the best

Desruprot

Smash Lord
If anyone has used this as a possibility for Magus or Chrono if you look at the musicians you'll fine this as a credential
"Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS "
in the Musicians Section of the music Directory.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I still don't get why so many people like Crono. He is the epitome of a generic anime character, lacking even a single characteristic that would differentiate him from the hordes of other spiky haired sword weilders. He doesn't even have a personality.

That being said, I like the game he stars in, and Frog and Magus were both extremely cool. Really, if Smash, by some unlikely chance, does decide to dip into Chrono Trigger for a character, there's no rule saying that they have to pick Chrono. Sure, past experience has shown that the main protagonist of a game is the first to be added, but if it makes a better game, Sakurai could easily choose somebody else.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Magus would fit in better than Crono in all honesty. He would be more original and unique.

Sycthe wielding, dark magic user who is the very pinnacle of badass = awesome :laugh:

It would also lead the way into the Magus battle music getting in :bigthumbu

He would most likely have his famous "Dark Matter" tech for a charge B or Final Smash

Dave

Top Bottom