• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "wow, Chrono Characters should be in this" thread

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
How does Crono fit the spiky haired anime stereotype... He doesn't talk... He has no personality... Everyone else has to try to fit into a character, whereas Crono is like a blank canvas.

Sure he looks the same as Dragonball, but thats because it's the same artist. Other than that, hes completely different from any character because he lacks character himself....

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
How does Crono fit the spiky haired anime stereotype... He doesn't talk... He has no personality... Everyone else has to try to fit into a character, whereas Crono is like a blank canvas.

Sure he looks the same as Dragonball, but thats because it's the same artist. Other than that, hes completely different from any character because he lacks character himself....
Well he lacks character but thats cause he is a silent protagonist, like Link and Ness which i always like. And yeah sure he looks all dragon ball and stuff but besides dragon ball his style is rather unique.

pyschomc

Smash Cadet
Original 8, plus the new 8 (MetaKnight and Snake aren't on the dojo roster) Bowser, Peach & Zelda

17. Just saying.

Smashfan4ever

Smash Rookie
Chrono Trigger Has A Sadly 30 Percent Of Making It Reason: Nintendo sold all of their rights
The Reason He Might Be In It
Is Becouse Someone Who Made Chrono Trigger Is Working On The Games Music

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Ummmm.....Frog wouldn't really be that unique to the roster. He's just just an average swordsman. Who cares if he uses two handed swords? Doesn't really change things.

Chrono and Magus use magic, so they would be more unique.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I would probably cry if Crono made it in...

CT is my favorite game of all time...

Though Frog and Magus are my two favorite characters...

I think Crono has a very slim chance... but I can still dream ;)

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there crying with you Corax...

If Crono does make it, I will put together a Crono support group which will let us cry together...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Serge and Kid aren't affiliated with nintendo at all...

pch... and everyone knows Lynx would be a cooler addition anyway...

<.<

maybe even...

Starky...

>.>

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
That would be sweet if they did include Kid, and alternate costumes could be Harle...

(same with serge and lynx)

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
If someone for CT makes it, it will be crono, no one else, and u all know that. then, does crono stands a chance? well, his game was one of the best games back then, and he is a great character, but a bit old, and i guess if any square character makes it, it will be one that represents the company best, like black mage

still, i would love if crono is in it, i guess my nick pretty much says it all XD but i rather keep it as realistic as possible

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
most of the Crono Cross characters dont even deserve a mention, not to mention they were on PSOne only.

as for chrono Trigger, one of if not the greatest rpgs of all time. I think Frog would fit better overall, but how can you have Frog and not the Main Character of the Game Chrono.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong, I liked Frog in the game, but explain to me how he would make a better character in Brawl then Chrono or Magus? Frog would basically be a Marth clone except he can use his tongue like Yoshi...

Sailus

Smash Cadet
Magus ftw =)

One of the best RPG's of all time.

Although Crono has the best chance of any CT char to make it in, I honestly think Smash doesn't need any more sword-wielders (In Melee, 4/25 chars use swords. In brawl, 3 of the NEW characters have already been debuted using swords)

But maybe that's just because Magus was by far the coolest character in Brawl, and would have a killer moveset. He'd set Mewtwo and Zelda in their place, making the first good spellcaster character =P

Moveset:

Super Smash:
Dark Matter - If you haven't played the Magus boss fight, man does this guy kick butt. When Magus grabs the Smash Ball, the middle of the stage (Within a certain radius) Is attacked by Magus' Dark Matter attack, which lasts for 7 seconds, causing massive damage to all opponents caught within the blast radius. After the spell finishes, there is no knockback to any affected opponents

Down B
Barrier Change - Somewhat like Zelda's transformation, except it doesn't actually transform him. It just changes his Forward Bs, Standard Bs, and Throws to fit one of 3 Different elements, Shadow ---> Fire ----> Ice -----> Shadow (repeat). Similar cast time to zelda's transform, and premature knockback causes an interuption.

Standard B (Shadow)
Dark Bomb - Charges up to full potential, like Donkey Kong's punch, or Samus' blast. When released at full charge, it causes an instant Spherical Explosion of Dark energy around Magus. The radius and strength of the blast is determined by the charge length

Forward B (Shadow)
Dark Wave - This is an odd move. Fires a wave of shadow energy forward, but moves in a wave-like motion, similar to mewtwo's shadowball. Can be aimed like Link's boomerang, and has a similar length but slightly larger height. Slightly less knockback than Samus' Dumb Missiles, but identical attack time

Standard B (Fire)
Blaze - A ground-based fire projectile. Travels about 3/4 the length of the Ice Climber's iceblock, and at a similar speed, but the projectile itself is longer, leaving a temporary, approximately 1 second flame in its trail.

Forward B (Fire)
Flame Scythe - Magus attacks with his trusty Scythe, whose blade is imbued with fire. The range of this attack is similar to Bowser's Claw attack.

Forward B (Ice)
Ice 2 - A chunk of ice (about the size of Yoshi when he does his down B) falls from the sky a set distance in front of Magus.

Standard B (Ice)
Ice bolt - Magus fires a bolt of ice (About the size of mario's fireball, but with a tail) at the same speed as Samus' Supercharged Standard B. Has about 7/8ths the range of Fox's/Falco's laser, and has the stun effect like Dr. Mario's pill / Falco's laser. Not rapid fire. When used in the air, fires diagonally downward like shiek's needles, but with a twist. Where the ice bolt hits, it causes the ball to "Explode" into a frozen sheet of ice, about 3x the radius of the ball. This spot is slippery (Like in flatzone's oil spills) for about 2 seconds.

Up B (All)
Vanish - Magus uses a teleport spell similar to Zelda's, but with about half the range due to his average jump abilities.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I love Chrono Trigger and Cross! I'd love to see any of the CT cast in there. From Chrono, to Gato the dancing robot. I really couldn't care less. Hah.

Its too bad Chrono Cross character couldn't be considered. I'd love to be Serge!

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
One of the best RPG's of all time.

Although Crono has the best chance of any CT char to make it in, I honestly think Smash doesn't need any more sword-wielders (In Melee, 4/25 chars use swords. In brawl, 3 of the NEW characters have already been debuted using swords)

But maybe that's just because Magus was by far the coolest character in Brawl, and would have a killer moveset. He'd set Mewtwo and Zelda in their place, making the first good spellcaster character =P

Moveset:

Super Smash:
Dark Matter - If you haven't played the Magus boss fight, man does this guy kick butt. When Magus grabs the Smash Ball, the middle of the stage (Within a certain radius) Is attacked by Magus' Dark Matter attack, which lasts for 7 seconds, causing massive damage to all opponents caught within the blast radius. After the spell finishes, there is no knockback to any affected opponents

Down B
Barrier Change - Somewhat like Zelda's transformation, except it doesn't actually transform him. It just changes his Forward Bs, Standard Bs, and Throws to fit one of 3 Different elements, Shadow ---> Fire ----> Ice -----> Shadow (repeat). Similar cast time to zelda's transform, and premature knockback causes an interuption.

Standard B (Shadow)
Dark Bomb - Charges up to full potential, like Donkey Kong's punch, or Samus' blast. When released at full charge, it causes an instant Spherical Explosion of Dark energy around Magus. The radius and strength of the blast is determined by the charge length

Forward B (Shadow)
Dark Wave - This is an odd move. Fires a wave of shadow energy forward, but moves in a wave-like motion, similar to mewtwo's shadowball. Can be aimed like Link's boomerang, and has a similar length but slightly larger height. Slightly less knockback than Samus' Dumb Missiles, but identical attack time

Standard B (Fire)
Blaze - A ground-based fire projectile. Travels about 3/4 the length of the Ice Climber's iceblock, and at a similar speed, but the projectile itself is longer, leaving a temporary, approximately 1 second flame in its trail.

Forward B (Fire)
Flame Scythe - Magus attacks with his trusty Scythe, whose blade is imbued with fire. The range of this attack is similar to Bowser's Claw attack.

Forward B (Ice)
Ice 2 - A chunk of ice (about the size of Yoshi when he does his down B) falls from the sky a set distance in front of Magus.

Standard B (Ice)
Ice bolt - Magus fires a bolt of ice (About the size of mario's fireball, but with a tail) at the same speed as Samus' Supercharged Standard B. Has about 7/8ths the range of Fox's/Falco's laser, and has the stun effect like Dr. Mario's pill / Falco's laser. Not rapid fire. When used in the air, fires diagonally downward like shiek's needles, but with a twist. Where the ice bolt hits, it causes the ball to "Explode" into a frozen sheet of ice, about 3x the radius of the ball. This spot is slippery (Like in flatzone's oil spills) for about 2 seconds.

Up B (All)
Vanish - Magus uses a teleport spell similar to Zelda's, but with about half the range due to his average jump abilities.

I like the idea of element changes.

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
Don't get me wrong, I liked Frog in the game, but explain to me how he would make a better character in Brawl then Chrono or Magus? Frog would basically be a Marth clone except he can use his tongue like Yoshi...
well he seems more of a mascot type character, and he actually speaks in the game actually providing some sort of character, i dont think he is super uber omg over Crono but that is what i was referring too, not that he is better in anyway, he would just fit in the crowd a lil smidge better.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I think Crono would be awesome in Brawl. Imagine seeing him use Luminaire as his final smash? Everyone goes. They died. Its just that awesome.

Its off topic a bit, but I was found it was weird you couldn't name anyone Crono in Chrono Cross. They actually didn't let you!

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
I think that the entire cast of Chrono Trigger would all make great characters. Mainly Crono, Magus. Frog, Robo, and Ayla. Maybe Lucca and MAYBE Marle. I'd also like to see Zeal, Dalton, and Cyrus. Maybe a combo character of Ozzie Flea and Slash as well.
I'd also like to see a few guys from Chrono Cross *dodges flying tomatoes*
Namely: Serge, Glenn, Guile, Karsh, Zoah, Marcy, Lynx (or Dark Serge, whichever you prefer), Viper, Riddle, Dario (although he'd probably just be a Glenn clone)
And maybe some people from Chrono Crusade! *throws tomato at self* :laugh:

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
rofl... chrono crusade...

Marle and Lucca don't seem like they would fit IMO...

Magus, Frog, Crono, Ayla, and Robo all would make really cool characters though...

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Magus, Frog and Crono would be ridiculously awesome. Imagine one was confirmed and we get Lavos as a villian?

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure anyone who has played Chrono Trigger, will main Crono for a good amount of time. It just makes me sad, if he does make it, and he is absolutely awful...

Because i know i wont switch characters, ill finally find out how all the bowser players feel...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
His sheer awesomeness would more than make for his crappiness...

If he did suck they could always make Frog a clone and have him top tier XD

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
im pretty sure anyone who has played Chrono Trigger, will main Crono for a good amount of time. It just makes me sad, if he does make it, and he is absolutely awful...

Because i know i wont switch characters, ill finally find out how all the bowser players feel...
i have played chrono trigger but that doesn't mean i will main him. i rather main someone from the MOTHER series.

Mephisto

Smash Rookie
The first character I wanted in the game was Crono after hearing about Snake. Although, if there is only one more slot I doubt he'd get in over Megaman. :( If there's two slots then...it'll be a real character war, especially among the Square characters: Crono vs Black Mage vs Geno vs Sora

Top Bottom