• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "wow, Chrono Characters should be in this" thread

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
I hope Chrono Trigger doesn't slip under Sakurai's radar. The game was mind-shattering :O! It isn't uberz popularz, but it has a lot of fans.. I recommend you play it if you haven't.

A chrono addition would be unique. Their moves wouldn't be at all hard to make up either, and they are pretty mixed up as far as fighting styles go. GAH I hope more than one of them gets in, because I don't really like Crono all that much.. moves would be bland compared to the other characters, and he's probably the one to make it if there were ever a CT char. The more unique ones of the bunch for brawl would probably be Robo, Magus, and Marle. buuuuut, everyone in the party are fun. I'd personally like to see Frog, Ayla and Robo. Lucca too. I think Lucca would be a great contrast to the Peach/Zelda type.

@_@ hard to not want them in.. they'd be so cool.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The question is... will Square-Enix allow Sakurai to use Crono?

Square Enix would most likely want to get the best out of Brawl.. so they'd put in someone to advertize for the popular games coming out. Someone from Crystal Chronicles (eew) maybe Boko from the Chocobo franchise and its new game for the Wii.. or maybe Roxas from the DS exclusive game coming soon..

I still hope the same you do. Chrono Trigger was TOO much of an awesome game to ignore... And the fans want to see Crono again, even if his last stand is outside his world.

--

On another note... I thkink Lynx could be his SSE enemy..

I mean just think about it.. why Magus? They finished on good terms... Why Lavos? He was defeated already?

So then I remember Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross.... if I'm not mistaken Lynx killed Crono in one of the dimensions back in Chrono Cross. But since that wasn't on a Nintendo console, then it's a good chance to recreate the battle... and CHANGE HISTORY! :D

Lynx could have two stages. His "brawler" form (regular Lynx) and his boss form, which is FATE version.. or his Radical Dreamers form.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I could just see the smaller forms of Lavos, Lavos's spawns, as a boss or something. But, I do like Crono. I believe that if a character from Chrono Trigger is added, then it will be him. He's just a great character, IMO. Anyway, maybe this will help bump the thread again.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Here's some special moves I like:

B: Lighting
Lighting attack! The Lighting is more or less straight, and it goes from a bit above Crono to the ground. This means the attack will travel through a different trajectory if Crono jumps, depending on how high he is.

Side B: Cyclone
Crono spins forward, kind of like The Ice Climber's side B, but it doesn't go as far, however, it is stronger.

Down B: Lighting 2
Lighting originates from Crono's center, to outwards. Kind of like Fox's reflector, but it's more offensive, and it goes out of Crono more.

Up B: Life
Crono grabs hold of an angel and uses it for a vertical recovery that can go slightly horizontally.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It'd be weird if any character besides Crono makes it in.. Even Magus who has appeared twice on the SNES.

Lavos as a SSE boss would be sick... A little TOO sick in fact. :p I mean, Lavos is strong enough to destroy the world... But maybe the Ancient Minister wanted something to do with him. So I think Lynx at least is controllable. There are so many bosses to choose from..

Maybe his nemesis could be Dalton, who (if you remember) was sucked into a random dimension. It'd be neat for Crono to meet him in SSBB. Naturally Dalton would call Golem, Golem Twins and Golemboss to attack.

If Crono doesn't make it in.. I pray some of his music could be in... I mean.. come ON! Yasunori Mitsuda is working on the soundtrack!! And Sakurai even mentioned Chrono Trigger when he credited Mitsuda for his past works.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Oh yes. I would love to see Crono in Brawl, even though he doesn't have too much of a chance. Luckily, Chrono Trigger songs are probably in the game because they're too epic to not be put in, and CT's composer is working on Brawl too.
*bump*

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Although I'd love to see Crono...

I'd rather see Frog or Magus... cause they are the coolest characters... EVER...

Top Bottom