• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "wow, Chrono Characters should be in this" thread

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
lol true, i heard that one of the things that the japanese liked from E3 was the price of the PS3.
i think they cant make a sequel for chrono trigger at least not with crono as a main character because lynx killed him in chrono cross( thats why i hate chrono cross).
I'm afraid you are sorely mistaken. Because not only does Crono Cross take place in an entirely different timeline [or universe] than Chrono Trigger [as was stated in the game] but it was Lucca's orphanage that was burned down and ONLY Lucca who was presumably killed in Lynx's raid. Lord Deathborne was correct when saying CC was non-canon.

I'm pretty sure I'd remember reading that Crono was killed, as it would evoke a certain emotional reaction.

T-major

Smash Champion
I heard some people mention Magus. he would be awsome, simply because he has a scythe (and dark magic, but even just a scythe would be cool)! but Crono or Frog would seem more likely. I don't think there are any other characters that use a scythe that would have a chance of being in Brawl, besides Magus. which is really a shame, because scythes are awsome.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Frog would destroy. They should make him have slurp cut for an attack. by the way, chronno trigger is one of my favorite games of all time.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
dam right it lives on, chrono trigger rules hard. if they put crono in brawl i dont think i will play as any other character but him for at least 2 months. my god, im going to cry if hes not in now, just thinking about how awsome a character hed be in brawl.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Dude, lets think out of the box. Yes, Chrono, Magus, or Frog would be awesome, but getting Lucca in there would be awesome! Or Ayla! Heck, if they could find a way to make Zeal playable....dude!

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
Make zeal 2 a boss like at the end of adventure mode. I could see magus as a mewtwo clone but ithink that he is way better than a clone.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
Dude, lets think out of the box. Yes, Chrono, Magus, or Frog would be awesome, but getting Lucca in there would be awesome! Or Ayla! Heck, if they could find a way to make Zeal playable....dude!
zeal is a wh0re (although like psykoplympton said, the form when you fight her on the black omen would be a pretty sick boss for story/adventure mode), lucca is pretty gay wit her mostly weak as$ guns (except the wondershot) and her silly hammer that sounds like its hollow when you hit some one... but ayla, wow, she'd be absolutely perfect for smash. i bet no one has thought of this one tho... NUUUUUUUUUUU!

hahahaha, NU FOR SANDBAG!

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah, if Crono isn't in it, I'll be severely disappointed.

Comon, CT was voted the 2nd best game of all time, surely Nintendo MUST take the hint lol

Darr06

Smash Cadet
dude, ct was the best game ever...........CT was better than any kirby game and kirby gets 2b in brawl. no offense to kirby, but ct kicks his butt. i can c y nintendo would put kirby in but looking at the quality of the games, there's an ill comparison.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
... Darr - yeah... Kay, but Kirby is official, Crono is only a 2nd party character (Nintendo only). I think so anyway...

Kirby does deserve to be in it - but I think Crono, as a non-nintendo character, DESERVES to be in it.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Kirby was created by HAL (specifically Masahiro Sakurai, the director of the SSB games), a second-party developer for Nintendo, who developed SSB and SSBM, which explains why he got in.

Crono and everything else from Chrono Trigger is third-party and owned by Square-Enix with his design made by Akira Toriyama. Chrono Trigger was released on the PlayStation as a part of Final Fantasy Chronicles and Crono also appeared in Chrono Cross, which was on the PlayStation as well.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Darr06

Smash Cadet
dude, none of this is news, u misunderstand. im not saying that kirby doesnt belong, what i AM saying is that if (which im not saying is the case) characters were put into smash based on the quality of the games their in, then Crono would easily have a spot. this isnt necessarily bad or good, but it does give hence to the idea that Chrono Trigger characters have most certainly earned the right to be in this game.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, that was mostly towards Kazuya. Kirby Super Star and Kirby Dreamland 3 are definately comparable to Chrono Trigger in terms of quality but I guess that comes down to opinion, really. I agree that Crono definately deserves to be in SSBB based on how good his game is alone. The Chrono series seems to abandoned for now but SE's relationship with Nintendo seems to be fully mended and maybe we'll finally see a fourth Chrono game someday. But, for now, I just want Crono to be in SSBB.

Also, is your sig from the MP commercial?

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I just hope it's a good Chrono game, that brings it back to its roots. I want me a nice, difficult RPG, not something you can win just by using standard attacks on everyone. But that's a rant for another time....

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
If anyone should get in from CT it should be Crono, I would like Magus to be in it too, but realistically - if anyone has a serious chance, it'll be Crono.

Thanks for clearing that up Deva lol.

Bolshoi - lol, yeah, or even a remake of the original would be nice.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I would like to see Crono or Frog; they were easily my two favorites. Although Magus could be a good addition as a (some what) bad guy.

Darr06

Smash Cadet
magus would definitely be a cool addition. the moveset would be sweet. but chrono would b awesome 2: luminaire, confusion, cyclone, spincut, and lightning........awwww, how sweet the sound.

JaySmith

Smash Rookie
the reason no RPG characters were in melee were because the old president of nintendo didn't like RPGs and he made a bunch of comments that made square stop making nintendo games and instead make all the final fantasy titles on sony. melee was released in 2001, and that president stepped down in 2002. the new president of nintendo then rebuilt the relationship with square and square is now releasing like 15 games for nintendo and very little for anyone else. so it's in square's big interest to start shoving as many of their characters back into nintendo as possible, and nintendo will want to persue that since they're trying to re-establish the connection with them and the best known square character that appeared on a nintendo system was crono

Thats why crono will be in brawl :D

full_95

Smash Journeyman
ive already posted like ten times on this thread, but the prospect of any chrono trigger characters in brawl gives me wood. crono is possibly my favorite character of any game i have ever played, if he gets in, im throwing a keg party and you guys are all invited. if i missed any nay-sayers who dont want chrono characters in, you guys can't come. **** you, nay-sayers.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
the reason no RPG characters were in melee were because the old president of nintendo didn't like RPGs and he made a bunch of comments that made square stop making nintendo games and instead make all the final fantasy titles on sony. melee was released in 2001, and that president stepped down in 2002. the new president of nintendo then rebuilt the relationship with square and square is now releasing like 15 games for nintendo and very little for anyone else. so it's in square's big interest to start shoving as many of their characters back into nintendo as possible, and nintendo will want to persue that since they're trying to re-establish the connection with them and the best known square character that appeared on a nintendo system was crono

Thats why crono will be in brawl :D
Great...now I can't go to sleep, cause I'm excited about this prospedt. Thanks a lot!

Mephisto

Smash Rookie
There's basically no reason for Crono to not be in the game. :)
Unless people don't like him or want another Square character instead. While chances are pretty slim with only like three spots available, at least he has better chances than a lot of other third party characters.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Masa and Mune! They could be a team, like ICs, and their down B could be a transformation that turns them into Masamune. As the team, they'd be fast and light, but combined, they'd be big and heavy. It's perfect!

JaySmith

Smash Rookie
Thats actually a totally awesome idea for Masa and Mune... never going to happen, because if any chrono trigger characters were to make it in it'd be Crono, but still a really neat idea.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Chrono is easily the top candidate from square (if they include one)... But the day they confirm crono is the day that i... i have no idea what i would do... but it will be spectacular...

And when they do include him... top tier or bottom tier... hes my main til i die... (unless he handles like mewtwo for some reason)

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
Yes! I just found this thread right when I was about to post a new topic about CT characters in SSBB. Way back in the N64 Smash days, when I heard Melee was coming out, I created a moveset for every CT character. I thought it would be awesome to have them all in there, but Crono would be enough for me.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of this thread! I've heard of Chrono Trigger before, but have actually never played it. Is it like Final Fantasy? If so, then Yuk! (no offense) Final Fantasy series just gets boring and repetitive to me....
What system is Chrono Trigger for?
I do like Frog, though...It would be cool to add another race onto Brawl. And Chrono's hair looks a little too much like a DragonBall Z hair-do to me. (no offense)

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Its like Final Fantasy in the sense that it is an RPG, but it's a different kind of RPG... And since the chrono series consists of 2 games that are completely different they dont get repetitive... The characters were drawn by the same guy from Dragonball... But crono is much cooler than them, he has a katana...

Oh yeah, its for SNES, but got rereleased on psx

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Its like Final Fantasy in the sense that it is an RPG, but it's a different kind of RPG... And since the chrono series consists of 2 games that are completely different they dont get repetitive... The characters were drawn by the same guy from Dragonball... But crono is much cooler than them, he has a katana...

Oh yeah, its for SNES, but got rereleased on psx
thanks, i might have to go and look for this game on the playstation.

Top Bottom