• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "wow, Chrono Characters should be in this" thread

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
same here but some of my friends think that chrono cross its better, they say the story is better.... and have more characters.
They must be a bunch of Sevies... or Sony fanboys/fangirls...

While CC did have more characters, all of them didn't even equal one of CT's characters... except for Glenn (Frog's true human form), who was playable. And I guess in order for storylines to be "good" nowadays, they really mean more angsty...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
same here but some of my friends think that chrono cross its better, they say the story is better.... and have more characters.
they do? then trust me, they arent your friends. they're demons from hell sent to be your "friend" and then soon your "friends" are going to eat your brains when you are sleeping. because real humans would obviously like chrono trigger better.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Lord_Deathborne i dont think its because there sony fanboys, i have a ps2 and i hope i can buy the ps3 but i can deny games like CC are better than all the rpgs i have ever played
I was joking dude - No need to take it personally. But CC does cut from the same cloth as FFVII...

BTW the only way you're gonna be able to get a PS3 is if you sell a vital organ or two...

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
lol true, i heard that one of the things that the japanese liked from E3 was the price of the PS3.
i think they cant make a sequel for chrono trigger at least not with crono as a main character because lynx killed him in chrono cross( thats why i hate chrono cross).

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
lol true, i heard that one of the things that the japanese liked from E3 was the price of the PS3.
i think they cant make a sequel for chrono trigger at least not with crono as a main character because lynx killed him in chrono cross( thats why i hate chrono cross).
Chrono Cross in non-canon as far as I'm concerned... And **** all those who think otherwise!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Anyways, getting back on topic I actually really want Chrono (actually I want Frog more, but Chrono better represents the series) in SSBB as well, as Geno would be a waste for the third-party character slot and there are better reps for Square anyway... Square really should just sell Geno (and Mallow) to Nintendo - it's not like he's been put to any significant use since SMRPG anyway....

mutecebu

Smash Rookie
I'd like to apologize for my thread, I swear I searched for another thread. *shrug*.

Anyway, don't you think Square has a long track record of not re-using their characters? It's almost frustrating. Crono might be an oportunity to cash-in, whether it's sell or lease. Honestly, I think it would be beneficial to both parties if Square were to sell the Chrono rights to Nintendo, Square's sure not doing anything usefull with them.

I say: if Ness deserves to be in Smash, so does Crono.

mDuo13

Smash Rookie
Crono, being the title/main character, would probably be the one they picked if they included CT characters. Frog and Magus would have cooler movesets, but I can see Luminaire being pretty neat, too.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I have a good feeling about him making it in...Chrono Trigger was even redone with added CGs (though, not for Nintendo, but still). I think it's a possibility.

Not to mention, it might keep all the "amgad put in Cloud!!!" people at bay.
Chrono Trigger was about to be done in full 3d graphics by the collected work of 4 fans but it was shut down as it finally started to get somewhere.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ thats cause they're made by the same artist, and chrono is anything from a dbz rip off. <_< also chrono was made before dbz so lol?

and if you've never played the game gtfo of this thread.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
DBZ I garuantee is more popular and the thread is for a debate not just for fanboys to convince themselves that they definately deserve a spot in Brawl because there are no objectors to the idea.

Aiser

Smash Lord
DBZ I garuantee is more popular
Who said it wasn't? I said
aiser said:
^ thats cause they're made by the same artist, and chrono is anything from a dbz rip off. <_< also chrono was made before dbz so lol?
How do you get "its more popular" from that?
and the thread is for a debate not just for fanboys to convince themselves that they definately deserve a spot in Brawl because there are no objectors to the idea.
Knowing about the character hell even the game, helps. otherwhise you ahve nothing constructive to bring to the argument.

its like arguing something like abortion hwen you have no idea what aborition is.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I got it because since DBZ is more recognizable they take proirity. I know they same artists makes alot of games Drogan Quest included, but if they are obscure games they should not be in Brawl I've heard of them and everything, but I haven't seen them once in any store.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Chrono Trigger was not made before DBZ. Dragon Ball started it's comics run in '84, and Chrono Trigger wasn't made until 1995.

Also, what does the popularity of DBZ have to do with anything? It's a comic/cartoon and Chrono Trigger is a video game.

I've heard of them and everything, but I haven't seen them once in any store.
That's because they're on old consoles.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Chrono Trigger was a SNES game. If you can find it, it usually goes for around $80. They also repackaged it for the PS1 in Final Fantasy Chronicles with FFIV and stupidly long load times.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Whoa there TBD... Dragon Quest is anything BUT obscure, having bested Final Fantasy in Japan and all...
And even so Dragon Warrior I - IV (DQ's US localization) are VERY fondly remembered among the gaming community, even with their quirky translations and bad box art... :chuckle: Oh and DWI-IV were all NES era, though there were some GBC remakes of I+II and III released not that long ago...

Back on topic, even if you're not a fan of Akira Toriyama's art, I think we can all agree that Chrono Trigger's character designs were lightyears ahead of Chrono Cross's...

@ icymatt: The PS1 port of CT was an atrocity altogether...

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about Chrono Trigger in a modern sense. Does everyone here just half-way read the posts or what?
Not me! I do my homework before posting. As I try to have a better Idea of what's going in the thread.

As for your comment about Chrono Trigger being DBZ rip-offs I'd have to disagree. That's Arika's style of art work. Plus I didn't see any of the characters in that game charging up for 10 hours just to fricking attack. In that case I think Sony era Final Fantasy games fit better.

FF8 EDEN! AAAAHHHHH!

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Chrono Trigger was a SNES game. If you can find it, it usually goes for around $80. They also repackaged it for the PS1 in Final Fantasy Chronicles with FFIV and stupidly long load times.
Makes me angry that when I was 9 my brother traded MY copy of Chrono Trigger, without asking, for ****ing magic cards that HE kept...

The SNES one that is.

T-major

Smash Champion
I would love to see Frog in, but Crono seems more likely. I think he has a good chance of being considered. but hopefuly they would redesign Crono's look, into something less... umm.... gravity defying hair-ish...... but yeah, I would still like Frog more (to be honest, a LOT more.... I mean come on, it's frog with a sword!)

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Frog RULES. ^^

But I think Crono has better chance than any thing....but....I like Crono's hair....;___;
Oh well, if I had it my way...Lucca would be in....but.....Crono and Frog before her....(sigh)

Skler

Smash Master
Magus would be the coolest choice IMO. Chrono is kinda just another sword guy (with awesome hair) whereas Magus would be more unique. Plus, I like the dark matter attack, triangles ftw.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It's the ****edest thing, but I actually had a dream with ol' Magus in SSBB just the other night - but yeah... having a scythe-wielder in Smash = instant win :grin: And besides, it's freakin' Magus - I actually want him in more than Chrono himself, but that's just me...

Top Bottom