• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

-Syn-

Smash Cadet
Metaknight, he's just not fast enough. Plus his neutral b sucks.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I think the worse character in the Smash Bros games is Pichu. Not only is he a clone of Pikachu, but he's underpowered, and he damages himself for every single wiffed attack. Pichu can miss so many uber attacks, and end up getting itself instantly killed by a simple Jab.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
OKAY! stop posting the obvious people. I'm going to make a list of what is (probably) correct, and people can argue it, but support your answers with proof.

OVERALL Link. He has never been high and is terrible in 64 and Brawl, unlike the rest of the 64 crew.

SMASH 64 Samus. Link was 2nd worst, but Samus was bottom. ask any good 64 player.

MELEE Kirby. Pichu is arguably 2nd worst, but is in all more usable (note: self damage doesn't mean much). The reason why Kirby is and was higher than Pichu is because their are a lot of Kirby mains, drawn in by Kirby's cuteness

Brawl C. Falcon and Ganon. I personally would just leave it at that, not getting into which of the two were worse. The both have no power, kill moves, decent grabs, combos (not that anybody in Brawl does), chaingrabs, aerials, and half-good specials.
GUYS! while I can't say spamming the GBD is the end of the world, this topic doesn't even need to be here. Mods, if you see this, please lock. Too many people are posting here without backing up their opinions whatsoever. Plus, many of them are stupid answers, that any semi-intelligent smasher could counter immediately.

OLIMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pichu is actually really good if u know how to use him, better than olimar who has only 3 good pikmen-red, yellow, and purple
Olimar did not suck.
Any1 who says olimar is the worst char ever is 100% wrong. Pichu was definitely garbage in melee, link was suxors in 64 but in brawl I'ma say bowser is prolly one of the worst. If not bowser then captain amazing.
Pichu was not garbage in Melee. nobody was. and Bowser was pretty good in Brawl. please support your position. and why was link worse than Samus?
Melee-M2
BRAWL- Gannon
support your answer. why Mewtwo? he had great recovery, aerials, grabs, smashes, and specials compared to the other bottom tier.
There's no doubt in my mind that Pichu is the worst character in Smash history. Obscure, takes damage from using attacks, a clone, annoying voice, it's like it was specifically designs to suck.
...but any reason why he actually sucks? being a clone and having a (normal pokemon) annoying voice are not reasons why he physically sucks.
SSB64- Link, but Jigglypuff is a close second.
SSBM- Pichu, this goes without saying
SSB64- C. Falcon, this once again goes without saying.
Overall- Probably Link, who has been consistently garbage, his best being in SSBM, and still wasn't that good.
at least you make it a list, but you say it like it's a fact. that has nothing supporting it. why is Jiggs second worst? what about Samus? and Pichu and C. Falcon do not go without saying. what about Kirby and Ganon?
Pichu, not much to say.
Metaknight, he's just not fast enough. Plus his neutral b sucks.
haha. [/sarcasm]
I think the worse character in the Smash Bros games is Pichu. Not only is he a clone of Pikachu, but he's underpowered, and he damages himself for every single wiffed attack. Pichu can miss so many uber attacks, and end up getting itself instantly killed by a simple Jab.
haha no. his recovery alone makes up for any hits that would kill somebody like Kirby. and what about Brawl Ganon and C. Falcon. their recoveries stink and a re very light, surprisingly.

/thread

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I still don't see Brawl Gannon and Falcon doing as bad as Melee Pichu did. Pichu might be heavier than Kirby, but he still goes just as far, and without multiple jumps and moves to help him DI his flightpath, which Kirby has to save himself (his hammer being a favorite if I remember right), Pichu isn't going to last any longer than Kirby does, assuming that Kirby dies before Pichu. Not to mention that a pro at dodging could let Pichu pretty much kill himself, and around the 50% damage range, kill the little rat with near, if not completely, no damage to the pro him/herself. Many times Ganondorf and Falcon's side b's can be used to help alter their trajectory and allow them to recover at amazing rates. From above, the down B helps shield you when you try to recover too. And the Up B is still a pretty good move (despite it being something a rapist would do).

I don't think anycharacter is worthless, and in the right hands, even the worst of the worst can kick a heck of a lot of butt. I just think that they Underpowered Pichu in Melee, and shocking himself isn't really good. Kirby's outlasted him several times... But he can be pretty low too... I don't honestly know if the Melee Pichu/Kirby are anyworse/better than Brawl Falcon/Gannon. It's pretty close, either way.

I do agree that too many people just say a person they dislike, instead of backing up what they say though, and that this thread isn't really that important...

.Marik

is a social misfit
HAI GAIZ, BEFORE THIS GETS LOCKED, AND WE GET MORE UNINTELLIGENT REPLIES, BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS. =o

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
It could very well be melee Pichu, but one could argue for brawl captain falcon. While captain generally has more range, power, and survivability, Pichu's moving speed and attack speed could potentially overpower him. Plus, although it takes damage from its electric attacks, they are still good, strong attacks that could pack a punch. And I also disagree with handsockpuppet that Ganondorf is weak and has no kill moves. If there's one thing you can argue for in ganondorf's favor, it's that he's strong. Ganondorf is better than captain falcon solely for that reason. But, in the end, I think the worst character is melee kirby. Extra jumps aside, the only useful thing about him is inhale. Captain falcon can at least finish people off.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I still don't see Brawl Gannon and Falcon doing as bad as Melee Pichu did. Pichu might be heavier than Kirby, but he still goes just as far, and without multiple jumps and moves to help him DI his flightpath, which Kirby has to save himself (his hammer being a favorite if I remember right), Pichu isn't going to last any longer than Kirby does, assuming that Kirby dies before Pichu. Not to mention that a pro at dodging could let Pichu pretty much kill himself, and around the 50% damage range, kill the little rat with near, if not completely, no damage to the pro him/herself. Many times Ganondorf and Falcon's side b's can be used to help alter their trajectory and allow them to recover at amazing rates. From above, the down B helps shield you when you try to recover too. And the Up B is still a pretty good move (despite it being something a rapist would do).

I don't think anycharacter is worthless, and in the right hands, even the worst of the worst can kick a heck of a lot of butt. I just think that they Underpowered Pichu in Melee, and shocking himself isn't really good. Kirby's outlasted him several times... But he can be pretty low too... I don't honestly know if the Melee Pichu/Kirby are anyworse/better than Brawl Falcon/Gannon. It's pretty close, either way.

I do agree that too many people just say a person they dislike, instead of backing up what they say though, and that this thread isn't really that important...
finally an acceptable post. I was just comparing him to kirby to show that what most people consider to be pichu's weakness (besides like 1% damage he inflicts on himself on the moves he doesn't normally use) is not terrible. Pichu's recovery is fast and goes really far vertically and horizontally. and frankly, Pichu is fast and reasonably strong, has great grabs (though an admittedly not-so-great grabrange), good aerials, a good projectile, and nice tilts and smashes. Kirby has none of these things.

here's my take on Pichu

Falcon vs. Ganon is debatable. but Bowser was not worst in Melee. For saying that, however, you have earned yourself a Bowser Fsmash once Gimpy reads this page.

now, for anybody who says Pichu sucks watch these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSPQih4-bw Chu Dat 3-stocks a Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-hsIhFT5o&feature=related against phanna. yeah, you heard me. phanna.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtfTkFTOR8w&feature=related against sheik. don't even try to tell me Pichu is good against sheik. and Tope is good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWbk8YXPok&feature=related Pichu just beat a Marth. What now?
It could very well be melee Pichu, but one could argue for brawl captain falcon. While captain generally has more range, power, and survivability, Pichu's moving speed and attack speed could potentially overpower him. Plus, although it takes damage from its electric attacks, they are still good, strong attacks that could pack a punch. And I also disagree with handsockpuppet that Ganondorf is weak and has no kill moves. If there's one thing you can argue for in ganondorf's favor, it's that he's strong. Ganondorf is better than captain falcon solely for that reason. But, in the end, I think the worst character is melee kirby. Extra jumps aside, the only useful thing about him is inhale. Captain falcon can at least finish people off.
I agree, Pichu>C. Falcon

as for the ganonn issue, here's someone's take on Ganon. he seemed competent enough.

Ganondorf. Why?

I'll tell you why.

- Worst grab range.
- Slowest moves AND slowest moves overall.
- None safe out of shield options.
- Every move of his can be punished (unlike Captain Falcon), some even with moves as slow as 30 frames.
- Easily the gimpiest recovery, and the slowest recovery in the game.
- Second slowest character on the ground, and one of the slowest in the air.
- Way to many blind spots, (diagonally right below him, and in front of him).
- Huge target (comboable).
- Very easy to edge-guard, easiest for this matter.
- One of the slowest grab start-up time (8 frames, I think).
- Worst grab game in the game. 2 damage for each pummel, which take about 2 seconds to come out.
- His fastest move is his jab, which comes out at frame 8 and has 26 frames of lag (punishable by almost EVERY smash), it also can't kill if it isn't fresh (and sweet spotted).
- FTilt could almost always be teched out of, and isn't as strong as it seems.
- Worst at KOing his opponents.
- Very bad aerial game.
- No safe approach moves. Ganon can't approach at all.
- Has RCO (recovery lag), of around 16-20 frames. If his recovery wasn't bad enough already.
- All his fastest moves (NAir, Wizkick, Dsmash) can NOT kill, and his slow moves are all either sloppy or laggy.
- Consider his speed, and now consider this; 8 other characters are heavier than him horizontally, all of whom are faster than him (in both the air and ground) and 5 characters (including Captain Falcon) are heavier than him vertically, and also faster than him those 'both' ways.
- Almost every characters EASIEST match-up.

I'm going to start going to tournaments soon, with Ganon, and I'll hate the fact that Ganondorf is considered better than Captain Falcon, and not the worst character in the game.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Lol are you chudat? Those were pretty good vids! Especially the one with shiek... that was epic. And they prove my point exactly: Pichu was strong enough to kill at relatively low percents.

Anyway... Ray_Kalm makes a pretty good case for ganondorf. And although he is very powerful, his abysmal speed and priority make it tough for him to damage people. Still... I'm just not that sure that a melee kirby could realistically beat a well played brawl ganondorf. As much as ganondorf may struggle to get kills, melee kirby probably struggles more, due to having tiny sweetspots as well as terrible strength an range.

In terms of Kirby vs. Ganondorf 1 on 1, Kirby would probably have a decent chance of winning because he could abuse inhale. But I doubt Kirby could do better against many other characters. When Ganondorf hits someone, at least he knocks them back far. Plus, despite the fact that they both fight mostly close up, Ganondorf's can reach further and actually has some advantages close up, while kirby could be punished close up as easily as he could be camped. Hmmm.... It's pretty close between them. They're probably the worst two, though.

Anyway, I'm glad actual discussions are happening. Thanks to handsockpuppet, who pretty much saved this thread.

3PointFiv5

Smash Rookie
I used to play with Kirby alot in Brawl before and I never found him bad the only thing I had a problem with was when you try to roll behind the player Kirby goes too far and he doesn't have range to hit them but in all fairness I think he's good you could fix a few things but you could do that with every character besides Meta and too answer the question I think Sonic is the worst thats just IMO probably because I can't just play with him

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I used to play with Kirby alot in Brawl
Kirby in brawl is fine; we're talking about kirby from melee. In brawl, kirby is slightly stronger and heavier, and he also has more priority. Also, his inhale might have more range (but I'm just guessing there).

And while Sonic can be hard to play with, he's definately not the worst. A well played sonic can beat ganondorf. But yeah, I don't like sonic much either. ;)

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
SSB- Never played
SSBM- Pichu, it hurt itself except for a few attacks, and that damage adds up. If you combine that with its light frame, it got KO'd quite easily.
SSBB- Yoshi, he has a really sucky recovery (really only his second jump), and if he gets hit by, say, Ganon's Uair Tipman, during the animation, he's a gonner. I just think that they should have shortened his second jump and gave him an ACTUAL RECOVERY.

My opinion may not be the best. I only played Melee for fun, and Brawl I'm only just getting into. :)

mangoppr

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1564-2576-2564
honestly it depends on the mode in which they play for instance diddy sucks in multi player but snake is good.

pichu did suck

but that lil foo was still a hard to hit wich made up for the lack of power

Frown

poekmon
SSBB- Yoshi, he has a really sucky recovery (really only his second jump), and if he gets hit by, say, Ganon's Uair Tipman, during the animation, he's a gonner. I just think that they should have shortened his second jump and gave him an ACTUAL RECOVERY.

My opinion may not be the best. I only played Melee for fun, and Brawl I'm only just getting into. :)
Yoshi may suck, but this just shows how little people know about actually gimping a Yoshi.

Patpen14

Smash Rookie
What's with all the pichu crushing? Melee Pichu in Brawl would kick ***. Seriously, I find Pichu superb, just limit the amount you use the damaging attacks. Stick with tilts, down and up smash, neutral air, up air, and back air.

I would have to go with Brawl Falcon. Now Brawl+ Falcon, that's a different story :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
To be totally honest, on pichu, the moves that do damage to himself arent actually that good. In competitive play, u will be mainly relying on nair and uair to keep up the juggles, so to be totally honest, pichu damaging himself is largely insignificant. In a one on one situation, id say melee kirby is worse than melee pichu, although i love them both.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
SSB- Never played
SSBM- Pichu, it hurt itself except for a few attacks, and that damage adds up. If you combine that with its light frame, it got KO'd quite easily.

I would have to disagree for melee and brawl. Pichu at least could kill people while kirby struggled due to tiny sweetspots as well as weak hits. Plus pichu had more priority (mostly) and some ranged attacks, while kirby had none. Pichu may damage himself, but it's not really such a huge amount and his speed, range and priority could beat kirby.

In terms of yoshi, he's a heavyweight with some range and a few strong and quick attacks (down a, for instance). While he has a weak recovery, ganondorf's is probably actually worse. Plus, ganondorf is slower and can easily be spiked during his recovery. Also, I think Yoshi's priority is better.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I would have to disagree for melee and brawl. Pichu at least could kill people while kirby struggled due to tiny sweetspots as well as weak hits. Plus pichu had more priority (mostly) and some ranged attacks, while kirby had none. Pichu may damage himself, but it's not really such a huge amount and his speed, range and priority could beat kirby.
I never played competitively, as I said, so my opinion is based on my experience. :)

In terms of yoshi, he's a heavyweight with some range and a few strong and quick attacks (down a, for instance). While he has a weak recovery, ganondorf's is probably actually worse. Plus, ganondorf is slower and can easily be spiked during his recovery. Also, I think Yoshi's priority is better.
I'm talking about his recovery. Once he gets sent flying just right, he's a goner. I can never really use Yoshi anyway. That's why I consider him rather bad.

And Ganon can't really be spiked very easily. Approach from the front, you get hugged. Approach toward the end, you get shoved. Approach from the back...you'd better pray that you have a good recovery.

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
I'm talking about his recovery. Once he gets sent flying just right, he's a goner. I can never really use Yoshi anyway. That's why I consider him rather bad.

And Ganon can't really be spiked very easily. Approach from the front, you get hugged. Approach toward the end, you get shoved. Approach from the back...you'd better pray that you have a good recovery.
Yoshi does suck. But not the worst of all. But pichu's the worst. However if it was gayest, meta or sonic would win hends down.

Mephianse

Smash Rookie
My list:

64: Idk

Melee: Pichu and Kirby.

Brawl: MK and Sanke.

Yeah they are the worst because they ruined the game for me, at least marth had counter picks in melee...

Acaso

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon.
its no sense a race pilot join in a fight, although I understand that nintendo wanted to show all its characters to the world, but caotain falcon is a ridiculous character.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Captain Falcon.
its no sense a race pilot join in a fight, although I understand that nintendo wanted to show all its characters to the world, but caotain falcon is a ridiculous character.
And yet, he's a great bounty hunter with a Falcon Punch that could end the world. And the fact that you didn't say Olimar, ROB, and Mr. Game & Watch in that same catgory, why would Captain Falcon even be said in mind is what I want to know.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
No, because of: airdodge, rising aerials, 2nd jump resiliency.
Notice I said during his second jump. That eliminates your third option. Airdodge? Tipman is a lower edgeguard. You airdodge, you won't make it. Rising aerials? I coulda sworn that you can only do those with second jump...but I don't know Yoshi that well.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Notice I said during his second jump. That eliminates your third option. Airdodge? Tipman is a lower edgeguard. You airdodge, you won't make it. Rising aerials? I coulda sworn that you can only do those with second jump...but I don't know Yoshi that well.
As I understand it, Yoshi's second jump gets super armor frames nearly up to the peak of the jump, and he can also airdodge right at the start, which gives him invincibility. He can also do an aerial, such as nair when he starts his second jump, which can cover his ascent. Yoshi definitely doesn't have a terrible recovery (that would go to Ivysaur).

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I saw a clip in a Combo vid of that happening. Yoshi was a gonner.

But, I don't know many things about Yoshi. I don't really care to read up on characters I'm interested in.

Top Bottom