• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

Lovage

Smash Hero
ssb is the most balanced of the series, all characters have a lot of potential unlike brawl. most people with experience with ssb would agree that Samus is actually the worst in the game. in melee it is Kirby without a doubt. brawl its between falcon and ganon. but no doubt the worst character over all three games is Link. bottom tier in ssb and brawl and low/mid in melee.

best character would be either be fox or falco. fox was second/third best in SSB, best in melee and decent in brawl. falco is top 5 in melee, top 4 in brawl

bribri123123

Smash Ace
You cant really say that, everyone has different opinions... Some poeple can pwn with Link...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The fighting polygons/wireframes/alloys and Melee sandbag.

No Specials, rolls, spot dodges.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I've been thinking on this question REAL hard.. and after looking at it in all directions I have came to the conclusion that the worst character indeed is MetaKnight.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Yes, there is. The worst smash character is obviously Link. Bottom tier always and forever. Sakurai personally hates him

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
If we are talking about which character gave you the worst chance of winning then its gotta be Pichu. Why have clone characters. Thank goodness Brawl has no clone characters.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
ROFL, Brawl does. sure Falco, Wolf, Ganon, Ike, Toon Link, and Luigi are "Luigified", but they're clones nonetheless. Besides, most clones were an afterthought and wouldn't have been in. I don't know about you, but when it comes down to important characters like Ganon (he was the only real villain in Nintendo's 2nd best-selling game series) and a 2nd Gen Pokemon rep, I'd rather them be clones then out of the game completely. besides, since Sakurai wanted to take Marth out but keep Roy (which was confirmed at an interview), Marth's more of a clone of Roy. and why are clones the worst? does a similar moveset automatically make them suck?

OKAY! stop posting the obvious people. I'm going to make a list of what is (probably) correct, and people can argue it, but support your answers with proof.

OVERALL Link

SMASH 64 Samus. Link was 2nd worst, but Samus was bottom. ask any good 64 player.

MELEE Kirby. Pichu is arguably 2nd worst, but is in all more usable (note: self damage doesn't mean much). The reason why Kirby is and wazs higher than Pichu is because their are a lot of Kirby mains, drawn in by Kirby's cuteness

Brawl C. Falcon and Ganon. I personally would just leave it at that, not getting into which of the two were worse.

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
ROFL, Brawl does. sure Falco, Wolf, Ganon, Ike, Toon Link, and Luigi are "Luigified", but they're clones nonetheless. Besides, most clones were an afterthought and wouldn't have been in. I don't know about you, but when it comes down to important characters like Ganon (he was the only real villain in Nintendo's 2nd best-selling game series) and a 2nd Gen Pokemon rep, I'd rather them be clones then out of the game completely. besides, since Sakurai wanted to take Marth out but keep Roy (which was confirmed at an interview), Marth's more of a clone of Roy. and why are clones the worst? does a similar moveset automatically make them suck?
No I just wish there weren't clone characters. I like some of the clone characters. I just wish that they had different movesets. I prefer falco and toon link over fox and link, and Falco and Ganon were decloned for brawl. If they are luigified then in my mind they are no longer clones. But I get what you mean. I just thought it was useless to have a Dr. Mario and a Mario. Why not have DDD or MetaKnight in Melee instead. That would have been really cool.

Richard7

Smash Ace
In my opinion, Link has been the worst character overall. He's horrible in Melee and horrible in Brawl. But you could argue that Link wasn't bad in Melee when being played by pro players. He was also placed lowest in the Smash 64 tier list.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Id vote samus or link in 64
overall though its been link and always for the same reason, his recovery is awful seriously just change that UpB already

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Link has been the worst character overall. He's horrible in Melee and horrible in Brawl. But you could argue that Link wasn't bad in Melee when being played by pro players. He was also placed lowest in the Smash 64 tier list.
You can't judge with the year(s) old 64 tier list. it's pretty much excepted now that Link is better than Samus and Luigi, or at least Samus.

EDIT:

here's an image I found. note that weight is flipped.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok, there's lots of people dissing pichu and link (especially pichu). While link has been historically bad, brawl ganondorf just wouldn't have the skills to beat him. Link is faster and has more range and priority. And everyone about to make some useless comment such as "pichu in melee was terrible" should actually try to defend thier opinion. My case for kirby being worse would be that pichu at least had some powerful attacks, decent sized sweet spots, and a projectile, none of which kirby had.

Melee's worst: Kirby
Brawl's worst: Ganondorf

Splice

Smash Hero
worst to win a match with: Melee: Pichu Brawl: Link or Ganondorf
worst character that isnt cool to have in the game or fun to play as: Melee: Bowser (personally) Brawl: Jigglypuff, he was ok for Melee and 64, but he's been in the game for too long, and he's hardly a hallmark of a franchise. Replace him already, DAMMIT!!!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Replace Jigglypuff? The same could be said about Game and Watch, few people even remember him, and his games weren't really a big part of Nintendo's history other than being the beggining.

I love having Jigglypuff as a playable character, it's probably more or less the popularity in the anime.

CY

Smash Ace
i stopped reading this thread when people were saying olimar was one of the worst characters.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Lupito

Smash Rookie
Well pichu was a little ok......ok he/she ,or whatever gender Pichu is, was bad. I think the worst chara. on Melee was also kirby. I gotta admit, in part one kirby was badass but they just messed him up. Now for Brawl...i don't think Cap. Fal. is bad in my opinion. Now Ganon of course, i hate the dude.

But for Link i think he's kick *** honostly. I don't see how ppl don't like him. I mean how many TEENAGERs can do what he does. Besides i play as him...at times.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Ok, there's lots of people dissing pichu and link (especially pichu). While link has been historically bad, brawl ganondorf just wouldn't have the skills to beat him. Link is faster and has more range and priority. And everyone about to make some useless comment such as "pichu in melee was terrible" should actually try to defend thier opinion. My case for kirby being worse would be that pichu at least had some powerful attacks, decent sized sweet spots, and a projectile, none of which kirby had.

Melee's worst: Kirby
Brawl's worst: Ganondorf
QTF
worst to win a match with: Melee: Pichu Brawl: Link or Ganondorf
worst character that isnt cool to have in the game or fun to play as: Melee: Bowser (personally) Brawl: Jigglypuff, he was ok for Melee and 64, but he's been in the game for too long, and he's hardly a hallmark of a franchise. Replace him already, DAMMIT!!!
why Brawl Link? C. Falcon and Jiggs are 10x worse. and why is Bowser not cool or fun? I remember I was looking so forward to Bowser before he came. but leave your opinions out of who's the worst character,
Replace Jigglypuff? The same could be said about Game and Watch, few people even remember him, and his games weren't really a big part of Nintendo's history other than being the beggining.

I love having Jigglypuff as a playable character, it's probably more or less the popularity in the anime.
let's just get off the subject of who should be out (because in my opinion G&W, ICs, Marth, and other old characters don't really need to be in, especially if Sakurai took out great ones like Roy and Y. Link).

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
Lol at people thinking Olimar is bad. It's not the best indication of character worth, but do they even look at tiers? Or watch good Olimars? Pichu for Melee, Samus for Brawl, Link for 64. Definitely Brawl Samus overall.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I totally misread the above posts so nevermind this message :bee:

We should be given the option to erase our replies >_>

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The worst has got to be Pichu, since everyone else says so. :)

The worst character in the future's gonna be Sakurai himself. He'll be in SSB4. Just you wait and see.

Sakurai for bottom tier!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Pichu can wavedash. It's legions better then Captain Falcon could ever hope to be.

And Ganondorf >>>>>>>>>>>> Captain Falcon. Don't insult my G the dwarf like that.
Hmmm... why so? What makes ganondorf better? Explain your reasons. And I'm still seing lots of pichu attacks unexplained.

Top Bottom