• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
Pichu, Young Link, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, Dr. Mario, Roy,
says the pit mainer...

also i havent been on this site in about 7 months and people are STILL having Brawl vs. Melee debates!? ^^

ON TOPIC: i know im gunna get flamed for this but i think sonic is the worst in brawl...

paledragon64

Smash Cadet
You can NEVER say Captain Falcon, because he still has PAUNCH and KNEE!

I would say for Brawl, Ness or Ganondorf. Ness probably just because I like Lucas so much better, Ness feels nerfed when I play him.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
You also know what you are talking about. I can't deny that Pichu is the worst, but I will say that Pichu can beat Melee Kirby in an one on one match.
QTF. melee Kirby is far worse than Melee pichu. Kirby is light, has no decent grabs, no decent projectiles, sucky range, terrible B moves, low-damaging attacks, no kill moves (all his moves pop the opponent in the air), and is horribly slow. In essence, Kirby is like Brawl falcon and ganondorf except twice as good.

People really need to LEARN more about what they talk about before posting. Pichu isn't the worst because he hurts himself, he is the worst because of bad matchups.

That maybe true for Melee physics, but what about Brawl physics? Pichu has a decent projectile, something Falcon lacks, a far better recovery, and some decent finishers. The only thing that I see getting worse about Pichu is the lower gravity and hitstun, which would make juggling far more difficult to do. Falcon was severely nerfed by Brawl Physics. It essentially makes it harder for him to rack up damage and even ko.
dude, nobody (or at least those who say Pichu. actually, anybody who mentions a Melee character is short a few brain cells. It's a fact Pichu was a joke character, but that doesn't mean he sucks) except us, and maybe Nakededede and volbound1700, here knows what we're talking about. people like --- can go die in a hole.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah! Bring on the Pokemon love!

To contribute, I have to say that Pichu is obviously 20 times cuter then the next cutest character, and has the best taunt ever. He has that going for him, plus his Uair is great for juggling and has a great Nair. Plus, most of his KO moves don't even inflict damage on himself.

What does C. Falcon and Ganon have going for them? I'll admit C. Falcon has the looks, but other then that both would surrender to Pichu's superiority. Fun Fact: This thread has been about Pichu for the past 14 pages.

Full Metal X

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna give it to, all the clones. They suck soo bad. I mean in Brawl, Fox Falco and Wolf all share the same final smash.

But if I must chose a single character, I will go with the Spam king: Pit.

Geist

Smash Master
The concept of clones suck, but the actual clones themselves have seen about as much success as the original characters.
Toon link >>>link.

Link is actually the most consistant in terms of garbage. But that's been said already.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Melee kirby. everyone else that sucked (pichu, brawl capn, etc.) were at least fun to play but melee kirby was like a MAJOR chore.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Melee kirby. everyone else that sucked (pichu, brawl capn, etc.) were at least fun to play but melee kirby was like a MAJOR chore.
Sadly, I have to agree with you, at first when I played Melee Kirby I was like *I play him better than SSB64* but then I relize that I was picking Mario, Dr. Mario and Luigi way more than I pick Kirby in tourney match's or just competive match's with my friends. The truth when random people was calm when facing me because I main Kirby and pick him in tourney's. I didn't realize until later on in the years that Kirby was nearly unwinable in tourney match's with just about 90% of the cast in Melee nor did I know anything about tiers in general.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Melee Kirby just felt like he didn't belong in that game imo.

He belongs in Brawl. >.>

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Wow, lotsa Pichu haters in this thread
But still:
In 64: It has to be Link, but lets say that hes the least GOOD character there cuz its all balanced
In Melee: Yes, it's Pichu, Mewtwo and Kirby...Pichu is only good with a good Pichu player *cough ME *cough
Mewtwo, cuz I think his lightweight thing is pretty useless plus his smash attacks range are crap (besides the psych ball charge)
Kirby, cuz...well he's kinda crappy, can't explain this one lol
In Brawl: FALCOWNE CRAP!! CF is only good for having fun in party games but not competitive games.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Melee Kirby just felt like he didn't belong in that game imo.

He belongs in Brawl. >.>
QTF

Wow, lotsa Pichu haters in this thread
But still:
In 64: It has to be Link, but lets say that hes the least GOOD character there cuz its all balanced
In Melee: Yes, it's Pichu, Mewtwo and Kirby...Pichu is only good with a good Pichu player *cough ME *cough
Mewtwo, cuz I think his lightweight thing is pretty useless plus his smash attacks range are crap (besides the psych ball charge)
Kirby, cuz...well he's kinda crappy, can't explain this one lol
In Brawl: FALCOWNE CRAP!! CF is only good for having fun in party games but not competitive games.
also QTF. we should separate 64, Melee, and Brawl. this list is good, besides maybe Brawl Ganon should be there too. also, everybody says Link was the worst consistantly, but Yoshi is consistently bad too lmao.

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
I personally see Olimar rising even more in the future

anyways, yeah pichu definately.
I played him earlier today and I was just like wow...
if you think otherwise go play him now, hes just bad. period. It seems like there wasn't even an effort of balance

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It's been said once before and I'll say it again: Melee kirby

Everything about him was horrible. By far the worst character so far. Poor kirby.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Pichu. I still dont even understand why the hell he was in Melee.... one electric rat is enough, As the saying goes.

MetraGold

Smash Rookie
K why is everyone saying Pichu. Sure he's not the best, but he's quicker than pikachu in everyway, don't believe me, play versus and test yourself, just hold from the electric attacks. The worst on melee had to be kirby.

As for N64, samus was by far the worst, than Link or jiggly. 1 on 1 link will always beat samus.

And for brawl, I can't believe everyone is saying CF, he's only bad against people with projectiles, other than that he's alright. The worst is actually lucario. Try any, ANY character against him and i guarentee a win.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Depends...

Is hitstun a characteristic of melee attacks or a characteristic of the melee characters getting hit?

In other words, are brawl characters bad at combo-ing or good at getting out of combos?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
K why is everyone saying Pichu. Sure he's not the best, but he's quicker than pikachu in everyway, don't believe me, play versus and test yourself, just hold from the electric attacks. The worst on melee had to be kirby.

As for N64, samus was by far the worst, than Link or jiggly. 1 on 1 link will always beat samus.

And for brawl, I can't believe everyone is saying CF, he's only bad against people with projectiles, other than that he's alright. The worst is actually lucario. Try any, ANY character against him and i guarentee a win.
I agree with you on the first two parts (although link isn't that much better than samus), but then...not so much

people with projectiles: almost everybody

and you say that the worst is actually lucario like it's a fact. there's a lot I dissagree with in the Brawl tier list, but Ganon and CF are hands down the worst. link and Samus are bad too in my opinion.

Depends...

Is hitstun a characteristic of melee attacks or a characteristic of the melee characters getting hit?

In other words, are brawl characters bad at combo-ing or good at getting out of combos?
like I said, we shouldn't mix up Melee and Brawl, because it gets too confusing. but even besides hitstun, Brawl characters are way too slow for any combos against a Melee character. that said, it is arguable that Brawl characters don't suck that much because they are heavier and have better recovery (which also raises the question of if they're heavy or if their attacks are just weak in knockback).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganondorf. Why?

I'll tell you why.

- Worst grab range.
- Slowest moves AND slowest moves overall.
- None safe out of shield options.
- Every move of his can be punished (unlike Captain Falcon), some even with moves as slow as 30 frames.
- Easily the gimpiest recovery, and the slowest recovery in the game.
- Second slowest character on the ground, and one of the slowest in the air.
- Way to many blind spots, (diagonally right below him, and in front of him).
- Huge target (comboable).
- Very easy to edge-guard, easiest for this matter.
- One of the slowest grab start-up time (8 frames, I think).
- Worst grab game in the game. 2 damage for each pummel, which take about 2 seconds to come out.
- His fastest move is his jab, which comes out at frame 8 and has 26 frames of lag (punishable by almost EVERY smash), it also can't kill if it isn't fresh (and sweet spotted).
- FTilt could almost always be teched out of, and isn't as strong as it seems.
- Worst at KOing his opponents.
- Very bad aerial game.
- No safe approach moves. Ganon can't approach at all.
- Has RCO (recovery lag), of around 16-20 frames. If his recovery wasn't bad enough already.
- All his fastest moves (NAir, Wizkick, Dsmash) can NOT kill, and his slow moves are all either sloppy or laggy.
- Consider his speed, and now consider this; 8 other characters are heavier than him horizontally, all of whom are faster than him (in both the air and ground) and 5 characters (including Captain Falcon) are heavier than him vertically, and also faster than him those 'both' ways.
- Almost every characters EASIEST match-up.

I'm going to start going to tournaments soon, with Ganon, and I'll hate the fact that Ganondorf is considered better than Captain Falcon, and not the worst character in the game.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
^^ i think that's true for brawl, but I don't think he can be labeled the overall worst.

battousai555

Smash Ace
I don't quite understand why some people have said Mewtwo. Melee Kirby has no chance of winning a tournament. Mewtwo has a slight chance (b/c of Taj).

I can't think of ANY good Kirby players who actually place at tournaments.
Off the top of my head I can only think of one good Mewtwo player (Taj, duh!), but that's still better than nothing. Quak is good too, but he doesn't really use him for tournament matches.

Pichu/Mewtwo>Melee Kirby.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
There's no point in quoting and insulting stupid comments, so I'll just quote them for truth (and yes that's what QTF is)

Ganondorf. Why?

I'll tell you why.

- Worst grab range.
- Slowest moves AND slowest moves overall.
- None safe out of shield options.
- Every move of his can be punished (unlike Captain Falcon), some even with moves as slow as 30 frames.
- Easily the gimpiest recovery, and the slowest recovery in the game.
- Second slowest character on the ground, and one of the slowest in the air.
- Way to many blind spots, (diagonally right below him, and in front of him).
- Huge target (comboable).
- Very easy to edge-guard, easiest for this matter.
- One of the slowest grab start-up time (8 frames, I think).
- Worst grab game in the game. 2 damage for each pummel, which take about 2 seconds to come out.
- His fastest move is his jab, which comes out at frame 8 and has 26 frames of lag (punishable by almost EVERY smash), it also can't kill if it isn't fresh (and sweet spotted).
- FTilt could almost always be teched out of, and isn't as strong as it seems.
- Worst at KOing his opponents.
- Very bad aerial game.
- No safe approach moves. Ganon can't approach at all.
- Has RCO (recovery lag), of around 16-20 frames. If his recovery wasn't bad enough already.
- All his fastest moves (NAir, Wizkick, Dsmash) can NOT kill, and his slow moves are all either sloppy or laggy.
- Consider his speed, and now consider this; 8 other characters are heavier than him horizontally, all of whom are faster than him (in both the air and ground) and 5 characters (including Captain Falcon) are heavier than him vertically, and also faster than him those 'both' ways.
- Almost every characters EASIEST match-up.

I'm going to start going to tournaments soon, with Ganon, and I'll hate the fact that Ganondorf is considered better than Captain Falcon, and not the worst character in the game.
QTF Ganon=trash

I don't quite understand why some people have said Mewtwo. Melee Kirby has no chance of winning a tournament. Mewtwo has a slight chance (b/c of Taj).

I can't think of ANY good Kirby players who actually place at tournaments.
Off the top of my head I can only think of one good Mewtwo player (Taj, duh!), but that's still better than nothing. Quak is good too, but he doesn't really use him for tournament matches.

Pichu/Mewtwo>Melee Kirby.
QTF. Even Isai tryed Kirby and sucked. and if Isai failed at the character, there's no hope for everybody else. Mewtwo is highly underrated. It's amazing he was bottom on the last list.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
N64 Samus is easily worse than Link. Worse projectiles, worse roll, fewer combos, worse range overall... the only area she beat him in was recovery, really.

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
I agree with you on the first two parts (although link isn't that much better than samus), but then...not so much

people with projectiles: almost everybody

and you say that the worst is actually lucario like it's a fact. there's a lot I dissagree with in the Brawl tier list, but Ganon and CF are hands down the worst. link and Samus are bad too in my opinion.
Link is understandable, now that he has a successor (TL). TL is quicker and nails opponents. Link is a bit laggy. Sure he's strong, but can he line up the hits quick enough? Compared to TL, Link is pretty lame. Samus has no one to compare to in terms of specials. It all depends if Samus is in the right hands.

There are people who spam B button and don't know how to correctly handle her fragile weaknesses (namely speed). She has a lot of good-distance projectiles. Sure, some of her moves were nerfed, but slap around the foe a bit and you can't tell the difference. As for Close Combat, she isn't the best, but she isn't a total failure.

She even comes packed with a decent Meteor Smash and recovery, + a move that rockets foes to the air. The only thing she lacks is a reflector, or even more favourable, an absorbing move. (to counter Pit's annoying shields when you fire a Plasma)

Other than that, she's pretty decent. FS can push foes off the stage if used at the right place. All together, I think Samus is a pretty decent character. The only think I dislike is her B Up. Screw attack should have automatically been infused with her double jump. It's more of a combat move than a recovery. You have to mid-air grab to recover properly with her Plasma Beam...

ANYWAY, in my opinion, sonic is the worst. He's only good for one thing - pissing people off on Wi-Fi. He has no killer moves, no unique specials, no amazing jump. He's kind of an anti-falco. Instead of Hi Jumps, he has a high recovery... which could also be his death. Since a spring remains on the ground, someone could easily abbuse this to their advantage. The only pass-fail traits about sonic are his decent recovery and speed. Other than that, he has nothing special. No killers, not even any cool effects, two repeat specials _yawn_, no reflectors/absorbers. He's pretty much useless without his speed.. Then again, that's sonic's trademark. Solely speed.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Consistently: Link
In general: Brawl Ganon. Melee's worst and 64's worst are better characters than Brawl Ganon.

on a side note, 64 Yoshi was actually godlike with DJC so he was good in at least one game

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Link can be a beast when played correctly, but any character can really. To be honest, I say the worst character is Falcon. Ganon has a bunch of kill moves and an air grab, plus his dair is a monster. I think that makes him slightly better.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Ganon is not that bad. Think about this: if you get hit by 3 of his moves, you're already into the 60s. another hit and your dead.
Link can be a beast when played correctly, but any character can really. To be honest, I say the worst character is Falcon. Ganon has a bunch of kill moves and an air grab, plus his dair is a monster. I think that makes him slightly better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EaISJyA7R0&feature=related #5 and #2

Top Bottom