• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i bair wall all the time. i barely laser. arcpoint idk what wolf actually bairs then lasers when its shielded. i have never done that or seen a wolf i versed do that.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You're all wrong.

If they shield a bair, you're supposed to fire wolf straight though the ****er. Seriously guys, where have you been?

Honestly, wth. Arc is right, you have various options depending on their reaction, and another bair just happens to be a solid option.

EDIT: that's way too much spoiler text. But yeah, I've never seen someone just do a regular laser after a shielded bair. Vids?

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If bair is the best option ... then you have to use bair...and the best follow up for bair is another bair...and the best follow up for that bair is yet again bair. That means the best thing to do is use perfectly spaced bairs and follow them up with perfectly spaced bairs for 8 minutes straight.

I know a Wolf player, who fights just like that ... *cough*Gaki*cough*

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I swear to the great Lord above, I am going to darn well TRY to land a fire wolf after a shielded bair.

On a side note, thank you for clarifying your statement Jumpman, I'm obviously mentally ********.

@Gheb, he said Bair after another SHIELDED bair =) So it's not a perpetual bair sequence...yet. And he said it's better than blaster after a shielded bair, not the best option.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I just remembered why I don't Bair after hitting a shield with a Bair, I don't like having my spacing move get extremely stale when I can use another move to keep Bair decent. I'm too used to Sheik though, who has to remember which moves are stale and how stale, all the time in order to perform well.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Obviously, you can make such posts. However, by doing this you're ignoring the best Wolf lives in Europe and does exactly what I said. I'm pretty sure you aren't smart enough to understand this though.
you're acting like people out of the US are good. LOL

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I just remembered why I don't Bair after hitting a shield with a Bair, I don't like having my spacing move get extremely stale when I can use another move to keep Bair decent. I'm too used to Sheik though, who has to remember which moves are stale and how stale, all the time in order to perform well.
I am 99% sure that hitting a shield does not stale moves. It's only if you actually hit them, does it stale.

Okay, just did a test.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i wouldn't bair a shield 1000x in a row. It's a dumb strategy in general to keep doing the same move 1000 times in a row. No offense, but the people I play with would just wreck that strategy so hard.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Here's me at a local tourney I won today. (I filmed it with my ghetto camera lol) I used Snake during the earlier rounds because he's fun to use and is always a good character to secondary. I started bringing out Wolf in the later rounds. These were the winners' finals with my friend who made it as well. My DI could be a little better, and SD'ing is always a big no-no ^^; (@ 4:00) May need a new controller too. (I think it moves very slightly to the right) I could mix up my offensive/defensive play a little bit too, but it worked here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTClpVOV9bc

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
When I clicked on CO18's single video...it said "URL contained a malformed video ID". I suggest changing the link name or put it near no symbols. Otherwise I don't know why it says it.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Here's me at a local tourney I won today. (I filmed it with my ghetto camera lol) I used Snake during the earlier rounds because he's fun to use and is always a good character to secondary. I started bringing out Wolf in the later rounds. These were the winners' finals with my friend who made it as well. My DI could be a little better, and SD'ing is always a big no-no ^^; (@ 4:00) May need a new controller too. (I think it moves very slightly to the right) I could mix up my offensive/defensive play a little bit too, but it worked here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTClpVOV9bc
I see a pit who has no clue what hes doing vs a generic wolf.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Just because its generic dosent men its bad :-p

but in all seriousness that dosent look like him, he was prolly sandbagging.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Just because its generic dosent men its bad :-p

but in all seriousness that dosent look like him, he was prolly sandbagging.
Pretty much everyone at that tournament was at a mid-level of play at best, including the guy I played in this vid (I play him regularly actually, so I'm familiar with his playstyle), but he's getting there. Only a few of us in my area are at a mid-high/high level of play. I guess I figured I could get away with more stuff in this match. lol

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I feel both players have a lot to work on.

Tedeth needs to stop rolling so much.

Willz needs to DI a lot better

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not true. Rolling away from the opponent is the SAFEST option you have 90% of the time. There are still BETTER options though in most cases but if you're not sure what to do it's almost never a bad idea to roll away.

Now, rolling behind the opponent is a different story ...

And yes, I'll update the thread. I actually was waiting for somebody to post vids of Kain since I'm too lazy to search them :p

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
if your opponent knows your gonna roll they will punish you, i'm not argueing, im just saying if you roll alot its bad.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Dacus anyone?

Lies, Lucas doesn't make it to Grand Finals.
He does in Toledo, sir. hahaha This tournament was pretty local. We haven't had a big tournament ever since the Toledo Gaming Center closed town over a year ago. Man I wish we had tournaments that big regularly again... But hopefully some of my friends and I are going to change that this year by having some at our University.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Good stuff DL.

Some other random videos:

Tedeth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbL_JA8Oqoo&NR=1
There are three more, so watch the related links.

Willz (from spain, whoa): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEAzHJKRC5M

Thoughts?

I'm from Britain, and I don't main Wolf. Why am I mentioned here lol.

I feel both players have a lot to work on.

Tedeth needs to stop rolling so much.

Willz needs to DI a lot better
My DI is very good. This was my first Brawl tourney in two months and I don't play Brawl outside of tourneys at all. So of course I was a lil rusty.

Top Bottom