• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol, clearly, Willz namesearches.

I randomly found that video in a thread on the CF boards and the OP was from spain, so yeah. Just put it in here for people to take a look at, if anyone was interested.

:059:

tekkie

Smash Master
I have some crap videos.

vs Zman (Lucas)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BZg2fDTjlE
We're both *******, apparently. And Wolf's bair doesn't like Lucas' dair.

vs JCVD (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz0JQrvl2HM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Sv3vT2ebk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1t-MbkQ42U
He was a very patient Snake player. It was freaking me out, especially in that first video. There are a few times where we both just sort of stopped and stared at each other for a few seconds. And I'm a ****** at spiking, again.

edit: adding annotations...

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Tekki, against the lucas, try using grab release -> fsmash. It will do more damage than just dthrow

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Does lucas even get hit by a fully spaced AC fair? And you should also remember to pummel before your throws, you can always get a few in :) Punish with fsmash more than dashgrab, it's faster. Also, shff bair more, it's rapetastic once you get your spacing up to speed.

Biggest thing that killed you though (and you know it, too): Dair :( I mean, I love spikes as much as the next guy, but you really need to lay off of it unless you're 110% confident, missing a spike puts you in a pretty bad position...

Lol @ the little boxes all over the snake vids :laugh: I'd call you out for johns, but it amused me :p Yeah, wolf's grab is pretty crappy, and randomly lightstepping is a *****. Your norfair CP was a good idea though, <3 that stage with wolf. Halberd too, you almost had it...

The matches need to be reuploaded with commentary though.

EDIT: I put grab releases in the combo thread... which I REALLY need to work on >_>

tekkie

Smash Master
Does lucas even get hit by a fully spaced AC fair? And you should also remember to pummel before your throws, you can always get a few in :) Punish with fsmash more than dashgrab, it's faster. Also, shff bair more, it's rapetastic once you get your spacing up to speed.

Biggest thing that killed you though (and you know it, too): Dair :( I mean, I love spikes as much as the next guy, but you really need to lay off of it unless you're 110% confident, missing a spike puts you in a pretty bad position...

Lol @ the little boxes all over the snake vids :laugh: I'd call you out for johns, but it amused me :p Yeah, wolf's grab is pretty crappy, and randomly lightstepping is a *****. Your norfair CP was a good idea though, <3 that stage with wolf. Halberd too, you almost had it...

The matches need to be reuploaded with commentary though.

EDIT: I put grab releases in the combo thread... which I REALLY need to work on >_>
Yeah I need to get pummeling and safe dairs through my head. Probably save spikes for when the opponent is sort of close to the stage. Norfair is awesome for Wolf. And maybe I'll do commentary on one of the matches.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah I think the Falco match up isn't bad, but not even lol. About 55:45 or 6:4 in Falco favor? Chaingrab is deadly since Wolfs recovery is bad, his lazers are not only faster but have more use, your advantage would be stage choice aka counterpicking. My advice would be to win the first game vs Falco and CP either Halberd or Delfino. Falcos recovery isn't great aswell, but his on stage game is better than Wolfs. My input would be 55:45 Falco.
Thoughts?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Just out of curiosity, what makes Halberd and Delfino a good CP? For lasers, jumpshine can work well enough to avoid them.

Also, maybe we should take this to the matchup discussion thread lol

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Don't hate me for this double post, it has a purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ery=gaki+wolf&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

I'm lazy. First 3 vids are Gaki in teams losers finals, second 3 vids are Gaki in teams winners finals. Just posting them here since videos of Gaki are supposedly tough to find. I don't think there's anything new from him in terms of singles though. I haven't watched yet, just posting for everyone else.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
could anyone tell me, who the top 5 best wolf's are in this country?
Unfortunately, there aren't that many Wolf mains, so it's kind of obscure. JJ is pretty good and is regarded as one of the best. I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of the best. lol That's how bad of a rep Wolf has. I'm assuming JJ knows who are the best, because I sure as hell don't.

All I got is Omniswell and JJ.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
From what I have seen, the best Wolfs (or past Wolfs) in each region are as follows in ABC order:

Atlantic North:
Candy
JJ Wolf
Seagullman
Zen

Atlantic South:
Equi

Midwest:
Chexr
Kain
Omniswell

Southwest:
Kashakunaki

Pacific West:
Choice
Germ
JJ Wolf
Lucien

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
Is Gaki really the best European wolf? I don't know about those doubles videos =)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Didn't a bunch of people you listed quit, JJ?

@ Fugu:.... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Lol no, I don't think he is anymore. From what I hear, Semifer probably has that spot.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Heh, only 1 wolf listed for Southwest. I don't know a single Wolf main here xD. And as far as Texas goes, the only people I've seen use Wolf at all recently are me and Melee1

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Best wolf's in the US are me JJ and Zen atm, But there are alot of newcomers andunderground wifi players that might just jump all the way up the list tbh.

The silly thing that me and JJ noticed about each other is how we both excel at each others bad matchups EX snake to pikachu. :-p

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
Melee1's brother jumpman is a very solid wolf

Easily the best wifi wolf if that means anything =)

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
=) hey say what you want, but I would like to see any wolf here get on gamebattles and go 50-0 with the lag

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
LMFAO Wolf on wifi, this is what your basising this off of. makes sense you're new to the boards. WOlf on wifi is extremly good seeing how all you need ot do is lazer and fsmash.

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
Yep that is all I was basing it off as I said in advance. It does not mean anything, but I would really doubt that the best wifi wolf is not at least solid in normal play. I guess its pretty silly of me and it "makes sense you're new to the boards" to make that connection. Wifi can be pretty fun if you don't take it seriously and just mess around with strings and pull half-suicidal moves.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2VtGxAmIG8

Alright, there ya have it. Please critique, even if it means bashing me. Give me positive and negative remarks. Praise and hate is accepted.
I play against a peach alot, and one thing you're not doing enough is fair. Fair shuts down alot of characters approaches, such as peach luigi mario fox wario extc, i can see you have a understanding of how the matchup works seeing how you're not being 100% aggro and youre running away to regroup yourself. 2nd match you rolled way to much and you got ***** for it, instead try just running away or doing a retreating fair. your spacing is off and you got punished for it work on your spacing of your bair. basically dont roll dont use as much bair space better and use more fair.

Edit: nice use of Jab
Yep that is all I was basing it off as I said in advance. It does not mean anything, but I would really doubt that the best wifi wolf is not at least solid in normal play. I guess its pretty silly of me and it "makes sense you're new to the boards" to make that connection. Wifi can be pretty fun if you don't take it seriously and just mess around with strings and pull half-suicidal moves.
lol youre still comparing wifi to offline, it's very funny. i've played jumpman online all he does is laser camp and fsmash spam, if he tried that offline hed get 3 stocked. Jumpman would only be solid if he placed well offline and didnt use wifi tactics

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This seems like as good a place as any, could you guys critique my Wolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br-2WOx0ujQ

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
You use way too much fsmash...I assume it's a habit because I used to play like that too ... against campy MK players you'll rarely get a chance to successfully land the fsmash without getting punished badly for it. Using fsmash right is actually not easy.

I just started to use wolf back 2-3 weeks ago, and I played a match vs my cousin Vex Kasrani(the best bowser) Critique and post comments on the video as you wish :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlTgWhOjdpo
Not bad but why do you sometimes just randomly run up to Bowser? Nobody likes to camp in friendlies but in a tournament set you should def. camp Bowser a lot harder ... he can upB, ftilt or jab to stop your approaches...if you use your blaster and your mobility you can always force Bowser to approach...something he's HORRIBLE at.

Does anybody of you guys go to SNES btw? JJ, Xzax, zen, BigM?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I am not, no. Yeah I understand I need to camp more, this was from about 5 days ago and I actually learned much since then, thanks for the info tho.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
hey i main snake, but my first main was wolf, back when the game first came out, and im slowly using him again, cause i feel like metaknight as a secondary would be to gay, but if any wolf players could critique my wolf, and tell me what are some things i did wrong i would appreciate it. its a doubles match, but its the only wolf stuff i have on the tube. thanks again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msnTJLDVXwQ

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
This seems like as good a place as any, could you guys critique my Wolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br-2WOx0ujQ

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Your uses of shine were getting you punished, as well as the onstage UpB. You need to camp a little more, and work on getting back to the stage, because that MK was really giving it to you; that MK wasn't really all that good either.

Watch Fsmash, you're getting punished when you use it.

DI out of your opponents hits, tech after getting hit, etc. It's really easy to follow up on you after the simplest attacks.

Never roll behind or around an opponent.

Unless I'm mistaken, all your fairs were lagged. Try and AC your fairs. Also use them to retreat as well. Work on that UpB when getting back to stage, and also work on putting yourself in a position where you don't have to use UpB. Most wolves can't use it right for some reason (it also just sucks).

Do not jump into the ****.

^ When you're getting thrown offstage by an MK, it's not wise coming back to him for more **** time.

If I didn't already say it, start camping. Spam blaster, run away, use wall of bair, etc...

I just started to use wolf back 2-3 weeks ago, and I played a match vs my cousin Vex Kasrani(the best bowser) Critique and post comments on the video as you wish :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlTgWhOjdpo
First thing, how well did you know Bowser/Wolf MU at the time?

Watch that fsmash. You'll get punished, and when you're playing Bowser, getting punished might have dire consequences.

Don't get too ambitious with the wolf flash. Usually, when you have to jump to make it connect, it never connects. This is just something I noticed, but when you do a wolf flash, make sure it's gonna hit in a way that you're punishing. This usually only happens with platforms (Ie, you hit someone, they land on a platform).

@ 2:38 I'm a hyopcrite, but, never use UpB on stage unless you know you're going to lose and want to lol. Hell, don't use it offstage unless you must.

Second stock was taken by the same move as the first. So I ask, do you know Bowser? I don't know the MU as far as experience goes, but definitely watch out for that DownB. It'll really **** you up.

Bowser was done second stock, there was no reason to jump offstage (although I would have done the same because I'm an *** that likes to gimp those that have already been gimped). But make sure that, when leaving to supposedly gimp someone, you can gimp them and you will gimp them. Wolf sucks offstage as far as recovering goes, so watch it. You don't want to end up the gimpee.

So I'm assuming that was Bowser's win? Those are the rules I believe of the standard rules. Anyway, he didn't really try to Bowsercide, but that doesn't mean he won't. Which, in that case, space those bairs and don't come in contact unless you're punishing.

See now, I was going to critique, but it's a doubles match, and I honestly don't even want to look at it. Sorry.

If you can, record a singles match of your Wolf. I'll critique that.

Thanks Omniswell! I was hoping for more feedback than that, but your criticism is more than enough. Fair, retreating fair, spacing bair and don't roll. Got it. So can I be pro now? Afterall, I doesn't afraid of anything.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Whee, everyone else critiqued vids so I don't have to get all obsessive with page-long critiques :bee:

Keith, I watched the first match, and it looks like you and your fox friend are pretty good in a team. You make good use of shine and bair though, definitely two of wolf's greatest assets in teams play. If you want actual critique though, try to post a vid of you in singles.

Also, upB OoS to punish Falco's IAP. I'm kidding.

Top Bottom