• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
my god jj.way to show how wolf is top tier.ur wolf is too good.loved every shine kill.so far im at the point where i can shine spike any falco to death.if they gonna side b.fire laser.they drop.then shine them.works wonders.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
the silly thing is they left out good combos ;) i've seen jj do better than this video in one sitting at apex

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Good **** JJ. Shine is too good for gimps, amirite?

Surprising lack of jumpshine in that video though lol

:059:
the last shine in my gimps is a jumpshine isn't it?

fix'd

I just made a combo video out of the clips he sent me to make a combo video out of :p If he has other stuff then I wasn't given it to use :p
It's true. I do more impressive stuff sometimes, but not everything is recorded so i dont have it. I also kinda briefly scanned my plethora of videos that I haven't looked through. I have too much to be nitpicky. Also, impressive things aren't necessarily right for combo videos... for instance, an unbeatable camp may be impressive, but it's not something people want to see in a combo video

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It's true. I do more impressive stuff sometimes, but not everything is recorded so i dont have it. I also kinda briefly scanned my plethora of videos that I haven't looked through. I have too much to be nitpicky.
That's how it usually is. Pulling off awesome combos and stuff all the time doesn't help in combo videos unless you actually get it recorded :p And having tons of replays and videos to look through makes it kind of hard at times too. Reminds me of when I offered to making Hylian his 1st combo video, I checked my wii a few days or so later and saw over 100 replay datas. It gets to the point where you just kind of give up and say "I already have enough good clips, I'll just use these," which is fine, since it still makes a good combo video, like yours. :)

castorpollux

Smash Champion
lets add a combo video section to this video thread. Jcav and Zen are coming out theirs =O

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
*seconds Castor's statement*

We really need some good wolf combo videos, it's awesome that all of a sudden everyone decided to make one lol.

tekkie

Smash Master
*seconds Castor's statement*

We really need some good wolf combo videos, it's awesome that all of a sudden everyone decided to make one lol.

Then more people will learn to play Wolf and he will become the "OMGSURPRISEBUTTSECKS" character of Brawl.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's a good video ... your fairs/uairs are awesome ... and those textrue hacks are way too good.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Agreed with Gheb, nice job with your fairs. Lightstepping as well, for a bit >.> Very solid overall, but why were you using blaster from across the stage, can't he safely bucket it then?

KRD, nice match. Did the DK dtilt you when you were trying to telestep? :( the jab1 over and over on shield was pretty cool too. For uthrow, why didn't you just juggle him? Jumpshine if you're worried about his dair. Lol at the end :laugh:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Agreed with Gheb, nice job with your fairs. Lightstepping as well, for a bit >.> Very solid overall, but why were you using blaster from across the stage, can't he safely bucket it then?

wtf is lightstepping?

I laser across stage to bait bucket, and bucket is NEVER safe thats why most Gaw's don't bother using it. And i'm confident that even if he did fill the bucket he wouldn't hit me.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
wtf is lightstepping?

I laser across stage to bait bucket, and bucket is NEVER safe thats why most Gaw's don't bother using it. And i'm confident that even if he did fill the bucket he wouldn't hit me.
i do all the time son.

lol, man i need to always try against you, my lazy and watch always ends up on youtube :dizzy:

What one needs to know with bucket against G&W:

1. We don't like filling it anymore. We can't bucket break if its full.

2. omni's right, its never safe to use on stage. Only the 3rd laser (filling the bucket) is safe.

3. Generally when I wanna bucket (which is never against a wolf, its not worth the risk) I only bucket off the ledge. Wolf would be silly to chase G&W off.

but yeah. the bucket isn't really a good move. The only time it even works is when G&W is jabbing you with gas, then hits you outta that, and even then, its escapable. Don't be afraid to laser game and watch.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol, all right, I see.

Lightstepping = where you reappear just off the ledge after a sideB.

So, what's this about tourney vids? :bee:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
so people put a name to it huh lol 2nd day of brawl kids were calling it ledge bouncing or w/e after seeing me do it.

an i use wolf to cover warios bad matchups which there are quite a bit of. so alot more wolf yay

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I noticed American wolfs laser after hitting shield with bair. This is what seperates Gaki with American wolfs. He just keeps using bairs.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Even if you hit their shield? I strongly advise you to use another bair until they try yo punish, so you can punish them.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I noticed American wolfs laser after hitting shield with bair. This is what seperates Gaki with American wolfs. He just keeps using bairs.
Wow I never knew that after I hit a shield with Wolf's Bair that I laser. Does that apply to any and all American Wolf players? If I Bair after I hit a shield with Bair does that make me as good as Gaki? =)

There's lots of crap to do after you hit a shield with Bair. If you think they're going to roll towards you, you can just stay there and grab. If you think they're going to roll away you can boost smash (very satisfying to pull off), if you think they're going to stay in their shield you can grab them. If you think they're going to jump you can do any attack (Bair, Fsmash, Dsmash, Fair etc). If you think they're going to spotdodge then you can pretty much do whatever (Wait and grab, Jab, Charge Dsmash/Fsmash/Usmash). If you think they're going to grab, then punish the grab.

But, of course, ignore all that, you should use Bair after you hit a shield no matter what, duh. =)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Wow I never knew that after I hit a shield with Wolf's Bair that I laser. Does that apply to any and all American Wolf players? If I Bair after I hit a shield with Bair does that make me as good as Gaki? =)

There's lots of crap to do after you hit a shield with Bair. If you think they're going to roll towards you, you can just stay there and grab. If you think they're going to roll away you can boost smash (very satisfying to pull off), if you think they're going to stay in their shield you can grab them. If you think they're going to jump you can do any attack (Bair, Fsmash, Dsmash, Fair etc). If you think they're going to spotdodge then you can pretty much do whatever (Wait and grab, Jab, Charge Dsmash/Fsmash/Usmash). If you think they're going to grab, then punish the grab.

But, of course, ignore all that, you should use Bair after you hit a shield no matter what, duh. =)
Obviously, you can make such posts. However, by doing this you're ignoring the best Wolf lives in Europe and does exactly what I said. I'm pretty sure you aren't smart enough to understand this though.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Even if you hit their shield? I strongly advise you to use another bair until they try yo punish, so you can punish them.
If I hit their shield with a Bair, I usually Bair again, or I'll mix it up and either jump away from them so I can get them to let their defences down, or I'll jump behind them just far enough to make them feel safe, have them drop their shield, then either Fsmash or Laser.

Edit: Wow, way to be rude to someone for disagreeing with you... questioning someone's intelligence over a forum disagreement doesn't really make you look good at all...

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
If I hit their shield with a Bair, I usually Bair again, or I'll mix it up and either jump away from them so I can get them to let their defences down, or I'll jump behind them just far enough to make them feel safe, have them drop their shield, then either Fsmash or Laser.

Edit: Wow, way to be rude to someone for disagreeing with you... questioning someone's intelligence over a forum disagreement doesn't really make you look good at all...
I try not to respect someone who shows disagreement with sarcastic posts.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Stop arguing BS in my thread or I'll get a mod in here. You're all stupid and dumb.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Obviously, you can make such posts. However, by doing this you're ignoring the best Wolf lives in Europe and does exactly what I said. I'm pretty sure you aren't smart enough to understand this though.
I'm not ignoring the "best Wolf lives in Europe." I acknowledge his skill, I'm sure he's on a higher playing level than I am.

My point with that post was: Just because I do something that Gaki does, does this make me as good as him? Does Gaki doing a Bair after a Bair make HIM good? Or does doing that make him on a whole different level from us because he Bairs, whereas every American Wolf uses laser after a Bair hits a shield.

@Gheb, I think some lively debate should be allowed =)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I knew you could do it.

My point was that it is a better option. That's all. Didn't know it was that hard to understand.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Oh, but then I would have to say "why". And that's exactly what I would say. You, you always need to examples, even if they can't be used as valid arguments.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Oh, but then I would have to say "why". And that's exactly what I would say. You, you always need to examples, even if they can't be used as valid arguments.
Yes, you would have to say why, because no one should be able to make claims and not have to support them. Yes, I do like examples because they help me be sure I understand your point and it helps solidify your argument.

"Even if they [the examples, I'm assuming?] can't be used as valid arguments" That part had me confused, could you elaborate? Examples shouldn't be standalone arguments, they should be there to help support one. Or, are you saying that "I need examples even if they don't support the argument"?

Also just for clarification:

"Bair is a better option because American Wolfs use laser after hitting a shield with a bair, whereas Gaki uses Bair after he hitting a shield with Bair" Do I have this down pat? Or am I wrong?

Top Bottom