• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I finally made the first post change.

If you guys wanna throw in any suggestions, feel free to toss them my way. It IS pretty much, at the moment, a slightly altered variant of the Sonic Video Thread, and I hope within time we'll be able to deviate a little from the same cut n' paste format (unless of course you like it this way).

As you can see from the new format, there is quite a few empty slots we have on certain characters. Looks like we got a lot of video filling to do. :>

In any case, it's not 100% completed. I still need to separate videos based on set numbers, as well as possibly changing the way that each video is formatted (though I honestly like the way it is now with the exception of the lack of set indicators).

In any case, I hope you guys enjoy it, and of course, again, lemme know if anything isn't to your liking. Oh, and I added in my videos vs. Denti's Olimar. Anything new from this point on will also have the "New!!" tag on it.

I will be updating this thread in unison with my Sonic video thread, along with the checkpoint date that indicates where any videos will be. The next checkpoint date will be October 1st, and that will be in effect starting early January, so yeah.

Hope you Wofls like it. :>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
One more thing, by the way.
Ishy, if you can, do you think you'd be able to give me control over the second and third posts as well?

Having everything in one single post won't do. I had a ton of complications with the Sonic videos once they reached a certain point, and breaking the entirety of the video thread into three consecutive posts has proved to be very effective so far.

Thank you. <333~

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Video evidence that there are Wolfs in Nebraska

Tourney match against Bpow (Wario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd4al-cq-iU

Despite the tag, this was NOT a money match, just one Rockstar wanted saved, against Fino's Olimar. Not my best work, you can tell I am coming down :/ L
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dqg7Q2J_HM

Doubles match (for the lulz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRiONxAk73k

The guy who is uploading has like 8 more matches that I'm in, I'll post the matches against Lucas/Yoshi/IC/3 more against Warios.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Eh, he did better in matches that weren't against me, but he could have played way better probably, yeah.

But, I'd prefer if you didn't focus on my opponents faults and more on what I should have done to 3-stock these guys

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
More retreating fairs
Realise that he punishes with fsmash and punish that with run grab or dacus or fsmash
Don't into him
Don't laser so close to him

_Kain_

Smash Champion
This is good. I also think you should change the dubs format. There aren't many vids with wolf to begin with in dubs, and idk if you'll add them up

Choice

Smash Champion
Don't order dubs in alphabetical. Bowser is terrible in teams and no one ever teams with him.

I think it should go in order of how good the team is (like character-wise) but we'd have to rank that somehow, though we could just leave it to your discretion.

I know kain told me a lot of good things about wolf + snake and i would be much more intrigued to watch a vi of that than wolf + jiggs, so i dont get why it'd be at the top. i guess its easier to find since the system i'm recommending is somewhat arbitrary, but word search solves that for both cases. you could also do it by tier list order.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I don't understand why we don't have a lot of Holms in these archives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfgZfgJmcOI

I noticed that he actually uses SDI on hits. Examples being during Fox's fair. Or at least I detected DI. I could be wrong.

Either way, I am slightly impressed. He reminds me of myself, but better. (He suicides and jumps offstage like a moron. No offense to him, of course. I do the same).

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Agreed at posting videos of Holms, as well as other relatively well-known Wolves that don't post their stuff on the boards. I feel like there should also be a list organized by player/region, so that people can find the actual players easier instead of having to sift through all the collapse tags :x

:059:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I don't understand why we don't have a lot of Holms in these archives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfgZfgJmcOI

I noticed that he actually uses SDI on hits. Examples being during Fox's fair. Or at least I detected DI. I could be wrong.

Either way, I am slightly impressed. He reminds me of myself, but better. (He suicides and jumps offstage like a moron. No offense to him, of course. I do the same).
Most of foxes moves can all be SDIed which is why i fail to see how people get hit by most of it -_-. Anyways yeah his vids should go up seeing as how the region he lives in plays weird characters and could be could for seeing how certain MU's are played. He's also pretty good

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Most of foxes moves can all be SDIed which is why i fail to see how people get hit by most of it -_-. Anyways yeah his vids should go up seeing as how the region he lives in plays weird characters and could be could for seeing how certain MU's are played. He's also pretty good
I'm not saying it's difficult. I'm saying that most players never think about these things. It's what separates the good players from the bad, so it says a lot about Holms.

tekkie

Smash Master
VS DarkYoshi (Yoshi). Free wofl for anyone who can guess when my b-button stopped working (hint, it's in the 2nd match)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERZC9rzR958

VS Lux (IC). I'm so mad after watching this video, I'm pretty freaking bad. (Sucks they didn't put the match against his Wario, the entire thing was a combo video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXVxF6MWZyQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
i don't fsmash ICs anymore; 90% of the time it ends in getting grabbed. lux never did the regular dthrow cg which is good for a long-*** time, definitely long enough for nana to come help out. the matchup for me is run away and bair when its super safe and lasers

also wolf ***** yoshi

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah, after watching 4 videos of me, I've discovered that while I'm #2 in Nebraska, I'm still not very good. I just f-smash/bair into grabs, I don't SH unless it's for lasering and I f up my autocancelled fairs, don't make smart recovery reads and I miss chances to counter/shine because my reaction time is poor.

Choice

Smash Champion
I'll try to critique it tomorrow or if not on new years. Busy the days leading up til then.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sorry that I've been so inactive in updating this thread, guys. Lots of holiday family stuff and whatnot.

I'll try updating it within the next day or so.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Preemptive post to say that despite me being really bad at life and taking FOREVER to get to these (sorry Espy ;___; )... tons of critiques will be coming right around New Years. If you posted videos, I'll VM you to let you know that I finished.

:059:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Brah awesome comeback but...don't get baited into approaching once Falco starts camping you at high %'s, you have shine and a laser too for a reason. At the end you fell right into what he wanted which was to approach by jumping which led into his SHDL>DACUS. If he starts camping you at high percents just camp back, his kill moves aren't safe to throw out like Wolf can so just be patient, camp him back, then once he whiffs something punish him with a Dsmash (which you should of done instead of grab at the end)

Otherwise awesome match, shine gimps da bess. If Fox or Falco are at an angle returning to the ledge, drop n jumpshine, if you just drop shine you'll most likely miss

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
In case anyone was wondering:
I sprained my hand early this week, and it's totally useless at the moment.

So the thread update will have to wait until I can type with two damn hands again.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom