• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
That last panel is like the most anti-climactic thing I've ever seen in my life. Sonic just has the most exaggerated falling posture and Shadow is in the most understated non-dramatic punching pose ever. It's hilarious.

Frump? lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Shado stop trolling and spamming the boards. This is a place for gentlemen and creative discussion concerning the critique of beginner Sonic mains.

:093:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
- Use Bair for spacing against those Bairs
- Stop rolling for movement and spacing, use Sonics dash instead. Skid stopping is too good.
- Use Forward tilt and Dtilt over jabs at close range. Dtilt leads to follow ups at low percentages while Foward tilt has range and shield pokes
- Using HA is risky as you saw this the first kill so try not to use it
- You missed a lot of grabs there, yeah wifi. Try op use Sonics grab as punishment for something or you can run > shield to bait an attack then shield grab
- lol @ Kirby, I hate playing those kind of players
- Dsmash works well against that side step spam
- Try and get some ASC and SDSC in there, so develop your feinting game

Chis approves of these threads:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200888
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195863

day-day

Smash Ace
- Use Bair for spacing against those Bairs
- Stop rolling for movement and spacing, use Sonics dash instead. Skid stopping is too good.
- Use Forward tilt and Dtilt over jabs at close range. Dtilt leads to follow ups at low percentages while Foward tilt has range and shield pokes
- Using HA is risky as you saw this the first kill so try not to use it
- You missed a lot of grabs there, yeah wifi. Try op use Sonics grab as punishment for something or you can run > shield to bait an attack then shield grab
- lol @ Kirby, I hate playing those kind of players
- Dsmash works well against that side step spam
- Try and get some ASC and SDSC in there, so develop your feinting game

Chis approves of these threads:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200888
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195863
Thanks Boxob and Chis, I'll try to do better with some of the advice you guys gave me. I'll post another vid up later and it'll hopefully be a lot better then the first.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You use way too much smash attacks and HA... you roll too much too, that's way too slow for Sonic's standards.

Spin Charging way too much into Lucario's Aura Sphere... and you keep running around doing smash attacks... running around and keeping the opponent guessing is fine, but when one thing is working you shouldn't keep doing it hoping they feel for it eventually...

That's what I noticed most.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0KA1CiCEI4&feature=channel_page

A crew match starring me, please if you can rate my sonic and give me any comments that will help my sonic improve in the near future.

The blue texture heck wasn't mine if you ask.
Starting from 0:51

1:13 If no one is there, don't charge it, you got hit for doing that
1:25 There are better options from a ledge jump, like landing
1:31 Forward tilt > Fsmash.
1:39 SDR > HA isn't that good, you where better off just landing that time
2:00 Sonic has better options then rolling. If you wanted to turn around then just tilt the control stick in that direction
-:-- All those Fsmashes are making it harder for you to kill, use Ftilt
-:-- You keep doing the same thing like you want them to walk into your attacks :/
-:-- Don't roll for spacing, walk/dash instead

SUM UP
- Everything Kinzer said
- SDR to HA isn't good
- Walk/dash for spacing, don't roll
- Use Ftilt and Dtilt over Fsmash. Keep Fsmash fresh for kills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0KA1CiCEI4&feature=related

i forgot the boys name, but its in the vid.

hes way aggressive. particularly shown by his running face first into 3 ASes in a row.
That was RyuKen!

Blapius

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blapius
3DS FC
1435-6036-1685
Espy this is your own videos against MikeHaze, post them soon.
Whew. It's a good thing you reminded him about his own videos which were recently uploaded to his YouTube account; he might have forgotten without you.

Ooh! I got a free post out of this, too.

P.S.: Someone change my tampon for me. My arms are tired from giving reacharounds to better players in lieu of actually improving at Smash myself.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Whew. It's a good thing you reminded him about his own videos which were recently uploaded to his YouTube account; he might have forgotten without you.

Ooh! I got a free post out of this, too.

P.S.: Someone change my tampon for me. My arms are tired from giving reacharounds to better players in lieu of actually improving at Smash myself.
was this unnecessary? yea probably

but was it still an A class blapping that made my day? helll yes

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO-9fj0U7QE&fmt=18 (My Birky Vs. Tails' Sonic)

Wanted to see if iSDR went through Inhale... it did... and I messed up just about a lot when the video was over... we both laughed for a good 20 seconds or so. Friendlies are fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhXnpPntPaM&fmt=18 (My Weegee Vs. Tails' Sonic)

If I'm any character but Sonic, I'm just messing around/trying to help Tails get in some practice with another character besides a ditto... I think if I cut back on my Green Missiles and grounded Fireballs I would've done just that. Still messing around in some places obvious and not so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UvoOzy_sbg&fmt=18 (My Weegee Vs. Tails' Sonic)

Still messing around/giving Tails some MU practice, don't any of you nukkas think for one second I play anybody but Sonic in tourney.

and since a couple of you, mainly Malcolm, have been wanting to see me offline, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ZiZhqEwE4&fmt=18 (Sonic dittos featuring me and Tails)

I believe I did okay... messed up a couple of drop-off Bairs because the buffer system made me do a DA... but I did the side-taunt spam right... twice... I like to run across the stage and SpinShot after I kill an opponent if it ain't side-taunt... I also love to mess around with attacks/movements to see what happens... overall I'm satisfied with how I played this out and how Tails has gotten better himself.

There should be more matches of us from Friday that Tails will upload as they come, and I'll post them as such.

4nace

Smash Ace
Just watched your ditto.

You guys both up and down smash too much. Up smash has lots of start up and ending lag and really shouldnt be used as much as both of you are. You both get punished for it around 75% of the time too haha. Although a couple of times you did use it correctly (ie when someone is getting up from under the stage and doesnt use the ledge) I find that down smash is really only good for killing and even then is hard to use and the ending lag / terrible hit boxes doesn't really make it worth it. Replace it with down tilt and forward tilt especially at low percents.

Other than that, it wasnt too bad. Both sonics seem to know what they were doing except tails still has that spring down-air habbit to kick.

More offline vids please.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
A lot of those DSmashes were supposed to be tilts. :<

At least on my part anyway.

I didn't really put them up for critique, they were just friendlies and a couple of guys messing around, but thank you for the advice, I'll get less lazy on that Up-Smash part.

4nace

Smash Ace
Gotcha, yea my control loves to upsmash when i input up tilt so i know the pain of being punished for Sonic's terrible laggy smash attacks.
Nice finish by the way haha.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I got to break the habit of spring to down air move. I've been doing that way too much. Also I do have the problem of doing tilts which turns into down smashes. I try to do a down tilt, but it turns into a down smash. I've still got a lot of work to do still. I'll try to post some new videos sometime this week. Thanks for the advice

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I got to break the habit of spring to down air move. I've been doing that way too much. Also I do have the problem of doing tilts which turns into down smashes. I try to do a down tilt, but it turns into a down smash. I've still got a lot of work to do still. I'll try to post some new videos sometime this week. Thanks for the advice
There's nothing wrong with Spring -> Dair if it works.

Which is sad because I can't punish that, and I would seem like one of the best people to do that.

But regardless if you're not being punished for it, there's no reason to quit doing it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
There's nothing wrong with Spring -> Dair if it works.

Which is sad because I can't punish that, and I would seem like one of the best people to do that.

But regardless if you're not being punished for it, there's no reason to quit doing it.
I get punished for it.

And I still do it.

Over and over.

sonictailslinkrock14 break the habit now.

Or you're doomed. Dooooooomed!!!

Top Bottom