• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pretty much the above.

Practice Bair, it's amazing and it's easily Sonic's best aerial and his saving grace in most match-ups.

General tip against GWs: Try to make them as trigger happy as possible. GWs will take full advantage of the fact they have retardedly fast smashes and tilts and will not hesitate to throw one out to stop you in your tracks. Make them think they can **** your approaches on reaction and be ready to punish them for it.
You're talking about the block advantages right? They are pretty good. His smashes are pretty slow to start up though. Frame 15-24 actually.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You're talking about the block advantages right? They are pretty good. His smashes are pretty slow to start up though. Frame 15-24 actually.
Maybe it's just because I get hit by disjoints when I goof on shielding. I was mainly talking about Dsmash. It doesn't seem that slow. I know Fsmash and Usmash are pretty slow on the startup.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated the archives with all the new videos.

A few things:

- I have rearranged the archives so that the "recent" section of each character is at the top of the collapse box rather than the bottom.
- I have added in a simple little Table of Contents method if someone doesn't wanna necessarily scroll through all the link fodder.
- I have completely disregarded the cut off dates for the entirety of the year. My bad on that one.

Once December is over, I'll start shifting videos into the "old" section. The cut off date will most likely be October 1st.

Tesh

Smash Hero

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Alright.

As the God of the Sonic Vs. DB MU, I am displeased of your performance.

You will make up for it next time or you shall be doomed to a fate of poor seeds and below average performance until you repent.

Here's the commendments thou shall follow:

Thou shall use more aerials. Either OoS or otherwise. Thou shall also be more precise with said aerials.

Thou shall not get greedy with killing Donkey Bong, and instead focus strictly on making the demon suffer for as long as need be.

Thou shall make the effort to approach with shields more, and attack the demon from out of shield.

Thou shall make the effort to approach with ASC more, and abuse the Spin Dash Hop for its invincibility and jump-cancel options. Thou also has the opportunity to approach with Spinshot Bairs from behind if one wishes to approach in that way.

Thou shall not attempt to Spring gimp Donkey Bong, for the demon is impervious to the coils that wrap around the talisman to send the demon back to 33rd placings in tourneys Hell. Thou shall instead make the effort to use direct confrontations to smite the demon via aerials or hitting the demon offstage on the way back from the first recovery attempt.

Thou shall make the effort to keep the demon in the air, for it seems that it performs best when grounded.

Thou shall not get predictable with defense or offense. Should the follower lose faith in Sonic's options at any given time, the demon will manage to forsake the follower and possibly send them to a not-so-greater place (Don't commit, seriously. Donkey Bong lives to punish you with FSmash that kill at 80% and USmashes on platforms. Switch it up, and leave as little opportunities to get punished).

Thou shall also start every match against any and all R.O.B. players with a down-taunt. This pleases the God very much and is guaranteed to avoid any chance of a laser at the start of the match. (It really works, I've done it myself; it's cool, and it kinda humiliates the R.O.B. player if they try to hit you with it on the fly.)

... Alright, now for serious.

You seem to be very afraid to approach Meta Knight's Glide. You do realize that Forward Air will tear through it, right? Don't confuse that with Shuttle Loop though.

Anyway that's it for me. I won't really bother about the other videos since I don't know much about how to fight those characters on not-autopilot. I will at least say that you have to approach Zero Suit Samus in a similar fashion to Donkey Bong and be very heavy on your shield and OoS options.

Congratulations, you are now an auto-counterpick against Donkey Bong.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I thought I was pretty good at the DK matchup. Trying out some new stuff since it was friendlies. But it seemed like the effect was very low damage compared to my usual rush down style for DK/Bowser.

I'm gonna try that down-taunt if I face a ROB in mid tiers again. Though I'm pretty sure you can just angle it down to hit Sonic (which you should anyway cuz of spindash).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Kinzer, I am disappoint, I am clearly the best sonic in the DK matchup.

I have a ton of vids of me just destroying dr. grandpa (the dk that beat shadow and logic in the same tourney) maybe I should have ashley put them up for me.

sonic beats dk, and I just need a chance to get to the same tourney as will to prove it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Get those dk vs sonic vids up :3

One of the better DKs in GA goes to school w/ me and I'd like to be a little more confident taking him out lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm gonna try that down-taunt if I face a ROB in mid tiers again. Though I'm pretty sure you can just angle it down to hit Sonic (which you should anyway cuz of spindash).
It can't hit even if they angle it down unless the starting points are asymmetrical. It works just fine on FD/BF/SV because you're on a flat plane and stuff like that.

...Just do it please, I'd laugh real good if somebody besides myself did it. You don't have much to lose even if the laser manages to connect anyway. ;_;

Kinzer, I am disappoint, I am clearly the best sonic in the DK matchup.

I have a ton of vids of me just destroying dr. grandpa (the dk that beat shadow and logic in the same tourney) maybe I should have ashley put them up for me.
N***a, I am the God of the Sonic Vs. Donkey Bong MU. He is so free, it hurts. I'm so used to having to work buttloads more than my opponent, but in this case the role seems reversed. If that's what a good MU feels, it feels so good. Like, even though I have to be careful about taking hits, I can just run circles around the ape and-

You know what? Let's just agree that people who follow me believe in a different religion compared to yours. You can be your own God of this MU, and I'll be mine.

I will gladly settle this dispute in any creative way you can think of though.

One of the better DKs in GA goes to school w/ me and I'd like to be a little more confident taking him out lol.
Do et~!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Like I said in the other thread tenki.

Im 1 and 1 in sets with him. Im kinda upset I let him pull out the win in the second set.
but you can definitely ask him about me

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hes been debating with himself for a while now. me and san and neil make his DK look like straight garbage because we all beat him. and than he started playing mk, and taking more games off of the three of us. but then he went to a few local tourneys, and got his mk stomped out. so then he didnt know who to play. but he went to a high profile tourney a couple weeks back and got 7th with all DK, he beat shadows MK, he beat Logics olimar (who neil lost to in tourney the weekend before that, which make it hilarious) and a couple other really good people and only barely lost to Inui. so I think hes going to go back to all dk. Even though I tell him that its in his best interest to hold a pocket mk, for when he plays me or san, cause theres no way hes going to beat either of the 2 of us with dk. but hes back to maining dk, and im back to having a matchup in my favor that I like playing lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well the last time we played we played two matches.

I two stocked him the first game.
the second game he won with a desperation super armor punch on me at 110, while he was at 220%. So its not like beating anyone in our region is impossible for him.

Just like me, you and everyone else, if you want to win you just have to get better.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Unfortunately, competitive gaming is not forgiving.

Just be happy that people ain't busting out their pocket D3 on him.

Even though Donkey Bong is still free.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
jason actually beat me the one time I tried to play D3 on him, note that that was back in 08 but yea...
also, kin, i just wanna warn you, dont let the fact that sonic beats dk make you missunderstand the fact that dk is still really good.

also quest, Dr.g is my friend, and Im going to tell him what I think he should do to maximise his placings. wouldnt you do everything you can to help a friend get better?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hmm?

No of course not.

The last time I underestimated my opponent/opponent's character, I placed dead last 'cause I didn't take Lucas seriously...

I'm not having that again.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
jason actually beat me the one time I tried to play D3 on him, note that that was back in 08 but yea...
also, kin, i just wanna warn you, dont let the fact that sonic beats dk make you missunderstand the fact that dk is still really good.

also quest, Dr.g is my friend, and Im going to tell him what I think he should do to maximise his placings. wouldnt you do everything you can to help a friend get better?
hmm i'd do the same thing

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

infomon

Smash Scientist
Is this "Omega" someone we know?

at first I was like, "that's a really bad luigi......."
and then "ohhh......"
and then "mrrrrf, this sonic is missing opportunities and walking into stuff."

*shrug* not that I'm any better!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The only Omega I know of is in TX. Unless that's where this happened, this could be somebody else. Perhaps somebody even I don't know.

And yeah, it doesn't seem like anybody except me has any clue of how to fight Mario lolololol.

It ain't so bad playing so many (bad) characters. I would not mind putting up vids of my Mario Vs. Jerry's Sonic just to showcase these MUs to everybody else. B****es don't know about mah Jiggles.

My only problem is I have the habit of using Mario's DTilt because Sonic has spoiled me.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzy2QbVGEOw

Spoilers. I'll finally have recent vids up shortly.

The bad news it's late night "in the morning" friendlies. ... I'll call it a good thing and call it a good day anyway. lmao

Mostly just @#$%ing around but hey. I know that people were wondering about me and recent vids. When I come back from my surgery and can hit up the tournament scene again I'll post up tournament videos to show me in that setting too.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Damn you, where is the first match?! :mad:

Oh wait... Yoshi?

Man, I love Yoshi! I wanna play him more, and more characters too. I wouldn't mind using more characters in tourney, but most of the characters I use are tourney inviable, or I'm bad with them, nor do I want to sell myself so cheap. Nevermind that I've already swore I'd only use Sonic.

Now where's the rest of the set?! :mad:

Subscribed BTW.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
There's no real sets. We did some seriouslies sets later on that we recorded and they're being uploaded, but given the nature of these matches I didn't organize them as sets this time.

There's quite a few matches right now though.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Damn you, where is the first match?! :mad:

Oh wait... Yoshi?

Man, I love Yoshi! I wanna play him more, and more characters too. I wouldn't mind using more characters in tourney, but most of the characters I use are tourney inviable, or I'm bad with them, nor do I want to sell myself so cheap. Nevermind that I've already swore I'd only use Sonic.

Now where's the rest of the set?! :mad:

Subscribed BTW.

Y'know, since playing MK and ICs, my Sonic has gotten a bit better. Honestly, you should pick up other characters and experiment with them and stuff. Look at them from a Sonic point of view and vice-versa.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I started using dedede, metaknight, snake, ike, more falcon, ganon, kirby, pt, etc in friendlies. Playing more characters helps you learn the limitations of those characters, and also can improve your reading and tech skill.
I was horrible against ics until I started playing metaknight in friendlies. Really helped my reading skill. Then I went sonic recently against a prett good ic main and I'm having an easier time reading his attacks and such.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I can go meta, D3, Kirby (i know right?) ZSS, mario, link, and a few others if im playing freindlies, but the second it gets serious or i want to have fun I go Sonic. sonic is too fun. btw espy if you go to pound v i will MM you. it needs to happen.

Top Bottom