• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Depends on the region.

West Coast is still stuck losing to '08's metagame.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
man, i wish i lived in texas. me and Espy would just wreck house. at least until they "learn the matchup"

which would be sometime a year from now...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol.

Wait, Texas ain't WC. We be from the SW.
They're learnin' though...they're finally learning.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
i don't know the timing for the ness cg -_-

never thought i'd need it anyway -_____-

oh well. other critique would be nice.

:093:

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
ha. i guess so. your sonic getting better right? they are still too slow. I still need go get mentally prepared for these tourneys. that's my main weakness.

i never need to use that CG against Ness anyways. With it, sonic has the obvious advantage. think about it. sonic is built to grab often, one grab= cg to edge+ grab realese off stage = edge gaurd/gimp.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Best Critique...

If your opponent is not approaching and attempting to time you out...

Do not approach them when you have the lead. You shoulda won it in 2 games. U couldnt honestly expect to hold the lead forever. His throw kills u @ 130...and he was camping you stupid hard...why would you approach that? U hurt me on that Cam. Why practice to play SONIC SO INTELLIGENTLY and then play BRAWL SO STUPIDLY.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Camalange, I just watched the first vid ('cause my comp is laggin' mad hard right now), but do you ever use ASCSC? I see you use SDSC, so I don't know why you wouldn't use the variation. It helps so much, I usually get shieldgrabs in because a lot of the times they'll expect me to not shield cancel it and go into a SDR > SDJ.

Then it makes me sadface to see how scared you are of getting hit by PKT2. Try and learn their habits, or learn to hold a shield and grab. Shouldn't have to be afraid, you have to be relentless because the boy can't handle constant assault. Granted, you will have to mix it up every now and then, but I think you already know that just charging at your opponent head-on with a SDR approach won't do...

Less D-Throw, Moar U-Throw.

...I will get a MM recorded with FOW's Ness, and I'll show everyone how simple it is, even without the CG. People say Ness is mid-tier and the character has so many problems? I won't buy it for a second.

...And it has to be a Money match, he won't use Ness against me in-tourney. I think he understands that Ness ain't gonna do work for him.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
His Ness did it for him vs Malcolm.

But if i recall on the West coast everyone thinks X is god. I tried to back Malcolm up. Then i saw that Sheild Break Mike got on him and face palmed. lol.

Edit: CAM I DIDNT KNOW U HAD TO PLAY GIMR lol.

I played him in tourney too. He went Ness both rounds. I dont know why. Maybe cause he knows im good vs the Icees. He ran the whole match and i stopped chasing him and finally caught him with a March 08 finish on Battlefield. We went there twice. It was an annoying set :/ I didnt chaingrab him either.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Shado staaaaaaays trolling me.

I come in here to see if Cam has come to terms with his stupidly aggressive play and I see Genesis Propoganda.

Trollin last place players remain trollin. <3

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
i never need to use that CG against Ness anyways. With it, sonic has the obvious advantage. think about it. sonic is built to grab often, one grab= cg to edge+ grab realese off stage = edge gaurd/gimp.
Ness is constantly in the air >_> he's like a high priority fly that just buzzes around all day. It's hard to get grabs on that.

Best Critique...

If your opponent is not approaching and attempting to time you out...

Do not approach them when you have the lead. You shoulda won it in 2 games. U couldnt honestly expect to hold the lead forever. His throw kills u @ 130...and he was camping you stupid hard...why would you approach that? U hurt me on that Cam. Why practice to play SONIC SO INTELLIGENTLY and then play BRAWL SO STUPIDLY.
As a Sonic only main, I get bored and impatient easily. I generally start patient, then lose it throughout the match. I guess I need to work on that...I'll probably be quitting Brawl soon anyway. I only play this game competitively because of Sonic, and it's just not worth it.

Thanks for the semi-compliment I guess? lol.

Camalange, I just watched the first vid ('cause my comp is laggin' mad hard right now), but do you ever use ASCSC?
Yeah. I do.

I don't spam it. Everytime I used it in the set it worked. It's not a tactic that you can bust out numerous times a match.

Then it makes me sadface to see how scared you are of getting hit by PKT2. Try and learn their habits, or learn to hold a shield and grab. Shouldn't have to be afraid, you have to be relentless because the boy can't handle constant assault. Granted, you will have to mix it up every now and then, but I think you already know that just charging at your opponent head-on with a SDR approach won't do...
I don't know Ness well enough.

Less D-Throw, Moar U-Throw.
lol, I use plenty of Uthrow.

...I will get a MM recorded with FOW's Ness, and I'll show everyone how simple it is, even without the CG. People say Ness is mid-tier and the character has so many problems? I won't buy it for a second.

...And it has to be a Money match, he won't use Ness against me in-tourney. I think he understands that Ness ain't gonna do work for him.
You can't talk like this if you've never even played his Ness -_-
Not that I think Ness is mid-tier, but still.

Edit: CAM I DIDNT KNOW U HAD TO PLAY GIMR lol.

I played him in tourney too. He went Ness both rounds. I dont know why. Maybe cause he knows im good vs the Icees. He ran the whole match and i stopped chasing him and finally caught him with a March 08 finish on Battlefield. We went there twice. It was an annoying set :/ I didnt chaingrab him either.
Yeah, lol. He's good, but you're right, it was an annoying set xD

I really wish my set vs Boss was recorded...cuz I played so much better there. Whatever though. None of my wins are ever recorded ._.

EDIT: lol Malcolm xD

Yes. I know I'm very aggressive >_<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah. I do.

I don't spam it. Everytime I used it in the set it worked. It's not a tactic that you can bust out numerous times a match.

I don't know Ness well enough.

lol, I use plenty of Uthrow.

You can't talk like this if you've never even played his Ness -_-
Not that I think Ness is mid-tier, but still.

Understood.

Get moar matchup experience then, simple solution FTW.

Still needz moar of it.

You got it all wrong. When I said he won't use Ness against me in-tourney, it means that he knows that I will eventually be able to beat his Ness... actually, I think he already does have Ness on the backburner, now he's just another one of Vegassmash's pros that are more known for... being from Vegassmash than he is for playing Ness...
Not the point though, I'm telling you that Ness is balls, and is only good if you don't know how to play this MU. If you don't want to take my word for it, ask most any other Sonic main that knows this MU, like dear I say KID, even though I haven't seen him do anything with Ness... or anything at all... but whatever, I'll trust him.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Understood.

Get moar matchup experience then, simple solution FTW.

Still needz moar of it.
Yeah, I know. But Malc's right, I have a bigger problem.

I just don't get how Sonic can NOT approach. I mean, his defensive options are awful, and it's not like he can force people to approach. Smart players will just out gay Sonic. Unless there's just some element I'm missing in my gameplay here with this character...

You got it all wrong. When I said he won't use Ness against me in-tourney, it means that he knows that I will eventually be able to beat his Ness... actually, I think he already does have Ness on the backburner, now he's just another one of Vegassmash's pros that are more known for... being from Vegassmash than he is for playing Ness...
Not the point though, I'm telling you that Ness is balls, and is only good if you don't know how to play this MU. If you don't want to take my word for it, ask most any other Sonic main that knows this MU, like dear I say KID, even though I haven't seen him do anything with Ness... or anything at all... but whatever, I'll trust him.
It's cool bro.
But KID loses to random Ikes and rage quits against ZSS. I wouldn't listen to much of what he says <33

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah, I know. But Malc's right, I have a bigger problem.

I just don't get how Sonic can NOT approach. I mean, his defensive options are awful, and it's not like he can force people to approach. Smart players will just out gay Sonic. Unless there's just some element I'm missing in my gameplay here with this character...

It's cool bro.
But KID loses to random Ikes and rage quits against ZSS. I wouldn't listen to much of what he says <33

That's the thing.

Sonic doesn't have a (safe) approach (except maybe an ASCSC'd shieldgrab with the ASC hits connecting on a shield... or a direct hit too, that's fine), and his defensive options are awful. Yet Espy says Sonic is better on the offensive (quoting him from the stickied tourney-results thread in the Brawl Tactical), which just makes it all the more confusing. You gotta have mindgames, or pick another character that doesn't have this problem.

I'll leave the decision up to you, I can tell you to stay with Sonic, but you don't have to listen to me.

I still <3 you, even moreso now that you just typed the next sentence(s).

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well yeah, that's why I play agrro. It works.
Oh, and don't doubt my mindgames good sir.

But smart players catch on, super camp me, and wtf is Sonic supposed to do against that? I haven't figured that part out yet.

I'm not gonna pick up another character, I'll either keep doing what I'm doing, or I'll just quit. I don't want to use another character in a competitive environment, like I said, Sonic is the only reason why I play. I wouldn't enjoy tournaments if I was using MK, Snake, Diddy, Wario...

I still <3 you too. Sonicboards4lyfe.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Cam you can force people to approach by being in the lead. I am not asking you to play like a lame against everyone you face in tourney. I am asking you to realize when someones intent is not a fight and to fight "fire with fire". You would have done better in that match if once you went up 70% to like 10% you just stood in place and waited. What offensive rush down was ness going to create?

Your defensive options aren't bad. You can punish quite a lot of things that other characters cannot. What you consider offense is horrible defense. All that spinning is just playing the lottery. You are just praying you get lucky. It's not a plan. U have a decent Ftilt. You can certainly run @ ness and PS anything that comes your way. You can throw him up and cover any option he has while landing. You can feign offense and do your stupid cancels that I think offensively are horribly gimmicky, but from a defensive standpoint have their uses. You give glimpses of hope that ppl will try to capitalize on...and you punish them. I don't believe you can play defensively with any character. I believe you have an offensive Ganondorf if you can't see how incredibly safe some of your options are against Ness. How about if you have this ISD (Insane Spin Disorder) you don't do an aerial after it everytime so you aren't a loop of actions begging to be read. I <3 you Cam, but it's not the character that isn't capable of defense. It is the player.

Instead of practicing some stupid GR CG you should practice slowing down. Learn when you are in control and instead of trying to push it further by blowing your opponents mind so they can say "WOW CAN I PICK UP SONIC 2?" use the lead you have already built to force an approach and punish that.

I <3 Cam. I just dont like the "offensive Sonic excuse". How can a character with crap offense be offensive the entire time? I don't take suicide notes (aka typing that you play offensively and you plan on attending tournaments) seriously.

Ask Espizzle <3 how he beat Falco =)

*Hint hint* Timed out *Hint hint*

Edit: Another good example.

Ask Shugo <3 how he deals with campy defensive players

*Hint hint* 8 minutes *Hint Hint*

You don't approach if approaching may put you at a severe disadvantadge.

:040:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
For the record, theres a pretty decent ness player in my area, last tourney he went to he beat me in a money match. 2 reasons

1. i let him fair me relentlessly without punishment.
2. I let him spotdodge my GRCG. my timing was off so I got lit up everytime i went for it.

but then i played him in tourney and double 2 stocked him with mk cus the cg is 10 times easier and has a much better finish. loldownsmash

Ill be MMing him with my sonic again this weekend at my tourney, I should have tons of videos up.

lol @ dazwa being a random ZSS.
Ill be money/tourney matching snakeee this weekend too. Im making the brackets and I havent decided which yet. LOL. but yea, I should have vids vs him too.

malcolm is right. dont let yourself be forced to do stupid stuff just because its "your style" Thats the only reason you beat boss now that I think about it. because he plays DIRECTLY into your style of play, and is firmly against camping. but other smarter players just adapt to what you are doing, and **** you for mentally forcing yourself into horrible positions.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol @ dazwa being a random ZSS.
lol @ not reading my post.

I said losing to a random Ike, and rage quiting against ZSS.
Either way, it was all for quick lulz. :p
malcolm is right. dont let yourself be forced to do stupid stuff just because its "your style" Thats the only reason you beat boss now that I think about it. because he plays DIRECTLY into your style of play, and is firmly against camping. but other smarter players just adapt to what you are doing, and **** you for mentally forcing yourself into horrible positions.[/COLOR]
...I don't mentally force myself into playing agressive because I go by a "set style", it just happens. I start off cool, then quickly lose patience. I don't tell myself to do that, It's just something I need to work on.

I've beaten Boss's Mario on multiple occasions, and other good players. Don't judge me off of one poor set. I lost my cool cuz it was livestream, but no johns. At least I won the first match.

I know Malc's right. I just wish I could prove to you guys that I played better than that -_-

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Malcolm's post needs to be followed by several sonic's I know. I've been trying to explain that to speed months ago, but it hasn't sunk in yet. some people i know joked at me when i said "using speed for offence and defense" but its kinda true. leanrn to utilize sonic's mobility to disrupt the opponents comfort zone, and you get nore results.

you may want to attack, but there are points where the opponent is just sitting there literally waiting for you to rush in so they can spot dodge the grab attempt they know is coming, for example. at times like this, its better sometimes to simply run in and out of range with sonic's speed. Not only do you make it harder to properly time a defensive option, but in terms of a whole match, an opponent is left in a more uncomfortable position, even if before he thought he was safe.

Do you guys remember how I sometimes run behind people and fsmash them? in a match Twice, I around him twice, and did nothing but that before i ran out again. this is a guy whose played my sonic since the **** game came out! sometimes, players dont realize how fast sonic can get away with stupid things simply becaue of his ability to breach an opponents space.

yeah, i know that's an extreme example, but whatever.

hey. cam. dont OD. everyone knows you're better than most of the sonics out there. Personally, I feel that the sonic boards overall has gotten a bit stale in the improvement category, so its not just you who needs to prove stuff. work on your ability to recognize common opponent strategies and adjust your game accordingly. yeah, you can start off playing like you normally do, but oviously if the opponent is good and adjusts, you'd have to adjust too, right?

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
<3 Cam.

Everyone knows that you played better in other matches/sets/days. TBH tho, it doesn't matter if you did. That specific set is the one you should want recorded. It showed a tremendous flaw and now you can fix it. It's not fun to watch yourself lose, but it is beneficial. On the flipside, you get very little out of watching yourself win aside from temporary youtube fame and a big ego.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Malcolm, keepin' it real.

*Whine* I hope Tails can get some of the more recently saved matches up. I messed up a doubles match big time by killing my partner with a Bair in the end, where I could've won if I did not (maybe).

I don't know if I should worry about it too much, afterall it was dubz, but it's always nice to get more doubles matches recorded that have Sawnik in them.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
btw cam and shado i've played gimr's ness on several occasions, we always do when he comes over and i have fun so maybe he thought he was good enough with that specific matchup to win.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Malcolm's post needs to be followed by several sonic's I know. I've been trying to explain that to speed months ago, but it hasn't sunk in yet. some people i know joked at me when i said "using speed for offence and defense" but its kinda true. leanrn to utilize sonic's mobility to disrupt the opponents comfort zone, and you get nore results.

you may want to attack, but there are points where the opponent is just sitting there literally waiting for you to rush in so they can spot dodge the grab attempt they know is coming, for example. at times like this, its better sometimes to simply run in and out of range with sonic's speed. Not only do you make it harder to properly time a defensive option, but in terms of a whole match, an opponent is left in a more uncomfortable position, even if before he thought he was safe.

Do you guys remember how I sometimes run behind people and fsmash them? in a match Twice, I around him twice, and did nothing but that before i ran out again. this is a guy whose played my sonic since the **** game came out! sometimes, players dont realize how fast sonic can get away with stupid things simply becaue of his ability to breach an opponents space.

yeah, i know that's an extreme example, but whatever.
Hey, I hear ya man. My defensive game is too weak, so now I know what to focus on. I understand Sonic's capabilities, I just need to work on my mindset and start gettin' creative again.

hey. cam. dont OD. everyone knows you're better than most of the sonics out there. Personally, I feel that the sonic boards overall has gotten a bit stale in the improvement category, so its not just you who needs to prove stuff. work on your ability to recognize common opponent strategies and adjust your game accordingly. yeah, you can start off playing like you normally do, but oviously if the opponent is good and adjusts, you'd have to adjust too, right?
Too true. I talked to Malc the other day and he described my gameplay as "static", which I think is a really good way of putting it. I gotta get better at adapting to other styles of play, more specifically uber campy gay xD

Everyone knows that you played better in other matches/sets/days. TBH tho, it doesn't matter if you did. That specific set is the one you should want recorded. It showed a tremendous flaw and now you can fix it. It's not fun to watch yourself lose, but it is beneficial. On the flipside, you get very little out of watching yourself win aside from temporary youtube fame and a big ego.
Also very true. This was a good thing for me I guess.

Thanks again to all you guys. I'll keep workin' at it, and now I know where I need improvement. I probably won't be as active as I use to be still, but I won't retire quite yet xP
<3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
on the contrary to what seems to be going around, I think that in the last two weeks, ive improved a ton, and im really looking to do some damage, my tourney is today and im about to show them what ganon and sonic can do

im leaving like now, and its 2 days so when i come back on monday ill have results

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
yeah im at the mythic tourney now, and so far the things I've worked on and the improvements i made have been effective, yet there are certain mathups and strats that opponents use that piss me off, and like others, i get impatient. I really hate how certain characters never seem to approach at all, and even when i recognize it, i get pissed. i need to calm down before the tourney starts and get ready for the gay **** to happen. It almost makes me glad I can counter with meta ( and eventually IC's.). you wanna play gay? fine. i now have the characters to gay you back.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Sonic ****.

Ask Espizzle <3 how he beat Falco =)

*Hint hint* Timed out *Hint hint*

Edit: Another good example.

Ask Shugo <3 how he deals with campy defensive players

*Hint hint* 8 minutes *Hint Hint*

You don't approach if approaching may put you at a severe disadvantadge.

:040:
Honestly. I dont know how thats extremely possible. And i never seen those two time anyone out, they just *****. @_@ But man Sonic is so complicated <_<

<3 Cam.

We know that Cammy is one of the top Sonics. He just got a little aggro on the ISD. We know that Cammy will just **** even more now that he knows what to do. But I agree with him on this whole "defensive Sonic" thing. I just dont get how to do it. The hit and run fails for me because i fail at not getting hit. Then i get the problem of, words of malcolm here, "Fishing for kill moves and getting hit even more." =/ so many flaws, but i keep forgetting Sonic is unviable lol.

Problem is i just cant adjust and do it to a high level. :dizzy: but i'll keep trying.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Don't worry SM5, we're stuck in the same spot, but we'll rise again ^_^

I guess we're still just as similar as we used to be, huh?

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
sometimes just ignore your kill moves and just pressure them speed. or work on your offstage game so that you dont have to rely on a f smash trick all the time. stop fishing for kill moves sometimes and just settle for dealing damage or getting them off stage and pressure them there, an important part of sonic's game, as well as several other characters ( marth, metaknight, jiggs, etc) if you are going to say that sonic has a decent edge game but dont fully utilize it you put more pressure on sonic's subpar killing ability on stage, and will take more unessessary damage as a result.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sometimes just ignore your kill moves and just pressure them speed. or work on your offstage game so that you dont have to rely on a f smash trick all the time. stop fishing for kill moves sometimes and just settle for dealing damage or getting them off stage and pressure them there, an important part of sonic's game, as well as several other characters ( marth, metaknight, jiggs, etc) if you are going to say that sonic has a decent edge game but dont fully utilize it you put more pressure on sonic's subpar killing ability on stage, and will take more unessessary damage as a result.

this post should be at the top of the page as soon as you click on the sonic link in the main page of this website.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
more friendlies between me and aposl from about a month back. gimr finally put some of them up... poor ivysaur.... why is he sooo bad? charizard and squirtle barely evens up this otherwise lopsided matchup IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R53Y9S9a4_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpjWY7bWCwg&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zOccnDShs4&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdacWYVJBf4&feature=channel i did bad on this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no-iRMpsXYo&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmk1pIRXJXE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN4QXG5bMZk&feature=channel

in anycase i think that my strongest asset as a Sonic player is now my ability to pressure offstage. ill let you decide...

thanks gimr for finally putting some of the matches up.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Finally got some Dubz matches of myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89zHt81EQHI

Kinzer (Sonic) & FireBullet (Diddy Kong) Vs. FOW (Falco) & SK92 (Ness)

First match.

Yep, you're reading it right. Both of our opponents played the reverse mains.

2nd match was not saved. They went double MK. We lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_LOb0fMUI

Kinzer (Sonic) & FireBullet (Diddy Kong) Vs. FOW (King Dedede) & SK92 (Snake)

Terrible on my part. I kill my own partner, and got tried to challenge Utilt with Dair. Not sure what I could've done different to prevent the lose, but I'm a bit sadface I couldn't claim victory and defeat what probably was the best team at the time.

I want Tails back. :( He doesn't come to tourneys because he's busy with college, but playing Double Sonic is so much more fun.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, i watched that last match-

U ASC a LOT. Now, i know a lot of ppl love it... but u almost spammed it. Probably not when fighting Snake, u kno?

U could have won, but u seem really really spin reliant Kinzer. I dunno if u were feeling pressured or whatnot. U did really well to kill snake and keep urself at lower dmg than D3, but u started spinning and fishing for ASC and Fsmash (should have been saving Fsmash for a fresh kill)

U spun and got grabbed, chained once or twice, then thrown off stage. Ur disadvantage. Then u auto-piloted a Dair, Utilt ftl :/

dd and ddp would have thrown that d3 off his game, leading to more grab punishing and ur win.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Admittingly, I need to work on Sonic's dashing game. I'm not that technical of a player though, so it will be a long while before I begin to throw it out frequently and consistently (and being safe).

I also do notice that I am very reliant on ASC. It's sooooooo good though, it cancels into a shield which can lead into grabs (usually), puts on a lot of shield pressure, and if it hits the opponent directly racks up a fair amount of damage and sets up into some things give or take some DI here and there. If that doesn't work, or if you need to mix things up, you can SDR past them and recoil for another assault (assuming it's safe to do so)

I probably did get scared, so close to winning, but one mistake can change everything... that does a lot to your mental physique.

I don't know~~~ though, I can't find anything else to compensate for ASC, except just mastering Sonic's ground game/ and/or DDP may be able to remedy my reliance. I probably just also need to practice more, I probably still need to work on many other things, like keeping my cool in a tight situation like the last moments of that 2nd video dubz match.

Anyways, wanted to take this chance to constructively criticize Kojin's matches... yes I know they're friendlies, but Kojin seems to be have a lot of trouble against PT, and specifically Squirtle. This is really apparent if you watch the first match of his videos. Maybe because it was the first of those matches Kojin could've been warming up or something like that, but if this were a tourney set, you really can't afford to be overall disadvantaged, as I'm sure we're all aware of by now. I'm loving the tech-chases, but concerning things like spacing and offstage play are lackluster compared to the tech-chasing field.

Though what do I know, the only person who plays PT in Vegas is inactive, and I have yet to chance to get any PT experience outside of Wi-Fi... and with Sonic (this was a long time ago, when I still played Ike). I'm just trying to give some general advice... I hope it helps.

Top Bottom