• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
yeah after watching sonic?snake vids from the better sonics, and playing against a few snakes recently (greg, candy...) i think this is another example of one of sonic's many neutral/ slightly disadvantaged matchups.

edit: sup, boxhead?

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
yeah I know right? if we get a blooper reel on an upcoming combo vid I'm sure that'd be a good addition.
edit: match posted below.

It's just a game against Meta [CPU] on Laylat cruise 3 stock.

^^^ I know, I know. CPUs are lame. I'll try fixing that with later vids =0

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hiya! Just wondering if any one has a capture card + youtube account I could possibly use to upload some videos.... of my zelda? :/

I've asked the zelda boards but no one can do it at the moment, so I thought I'd ask the next best thing - that being this thread and how active everyone is ^^

Please get back to me! (hopefully with a positive answer =D)

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Hiya! Just wondering if any one has a capture card + youtube account I could possibly use to upload some videos.... of my zelda? :/

I've asked the zelda boards but no one can do it at the moment, so I thought I'd ask the next best thing - that being this thread and how active everyone is ^^

Please get back to me! (hopefully with a positive answer =D)
all I used was my digital camera, an SD card and an SD card reader. Alternatively a digital camera and a USB -> camera cable would work too.
The price of this advice is your acknowledgment of Sonic's incredible steak.

:027:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It's just the quality I suppose =( I'd rather have them on a capture card thingy! I'm a bit OCD like that >.>

If anyone has these please let me know ^^

infomon

Smash Scientist
Kataefi, I don't mind, I'll add ur Wii / brawl fc now. I already have to do some vids for Gf2tw anyway.... oh and I've already got some of you on my youtube account :laugh:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Ah! Really? Where am I lol?!

I have 6 in total - is this too much? I would be so grateful though!

And yes I shall add you wii and FC code now ^^ thanks very much!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

WOW!

Okay I shall send them to you! There's absolutely no rush so take your time, after all I should be grateful you're doing this for me ^^

Browny

Smash Hater
Well Reloaded 2009 grand final set 1 vids are up

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLDPaUzXjs&feature=channel_page
DJB (Sonic) Vs Ant (MK)
DJB (Sonic) vs Ant (Snake)

And set 2 for anyone who cares
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsi-RX_eaA&feature=channel_page
DJB (Snake) vs Ant (MK)
DJB (MK) vs Ant (Olimar)

johns johns johns

I beat my brothers MK the day before this tourney so I liked my chances but got *****. Stupid fkin windmill, what a load of crap that saved him from the dsmash KO. I think I bring it back really well though. what looked like a 3-stocking turned around into a respectable defeat imo. I was meant to reverse-spring at the end but fell right into the fsmash :( Snake match was very dissapointing all-round though. Got hit by so much stuff i dont normally get hit by, missed a retardedly easy cypher KO on second stock and the third stock makes me an emo hedgehog :( Maybe I just dont give my brother enough credit lol

btw theres only 2 sets coz I won the winners finals between me and him (Captain Falcon Ditto with EPIC knee finish, Lucario > His snake)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
ALL MATCHES ARE WIFI. BLAME INFZY FOR HAVING NO SOUND

Captain Falcon: (was green/blue connection)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-2qV4ltD-o& - Gf2tw (Sonic) vs. ToKneeOrNotToKnee (Captain Falcon) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6OLIo2ZaGs& - Gf2tw (Sonic) vs ToKneeOrNotToKnee (Captain Falcon) 2

Pikachu: (red/orange connection)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbvJ4nuyhAg& - Gf2tw (Sonic) vs StealthRaptor (Pikachu) Probably the best video to base me on, me playing a pro Pika :p

Sonic: (red/orange connection)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJczJYpaA70& - Gf2tw (Gold Sonic) vs TheCatInTheHat (Green Sonic)

(connection green/yellow)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5CoNoo2MEw& - Gf2tw (Gold Sonic) vs Chis (Black Sonic)

:mad088:

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
well theyre good matches...

but is there a reason why you never airdodge? :/
I was airdodging, a lot of times at higher level play it's normal to condition your opponent into airdodging in certain situations and punish them for it. As for the shuttle loops hitting me, that move is just too fast for me to air dodge when I hear it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Kataefi: O snap I forgot to add your Wii #.... it's done now, you can send da replayz whenever.

It's hard to tell what your Sonic's like from playing a CPU, but it seems like you're not bad. You roll-dodged a lot at the beginning, but it mighta been safe; idk. I recommend you use tilts more rather than smashes which are really punishable when they don't connect. They work too much on CPUs :laugh: Good stuff tho, lol @ the last kill.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yo Puff, when you can update this, you have Infzy's Side-B and Down-B explaination vid twice.

I would say take one duplicate out, but then some n00bs mgiht skip over the first one, and we should leave it there anyway.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
It's hard to tell what your Sonic's like from playing a CPU, but it seems like you're not bad. You roll-dodged a lot at the beginning, but it mighta been safe; idk. I recommend you use tilts more rather than smashes which are really punishable when they don't connect. They work too much on CPUs :laugh: Good stuff tho, lol @ the last kill.
aright cool thanks. Yeah I'm a little F-smash happy, gotta' get that out of my game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated. I've added all the most recent videos (I think).
Orange, I'm a little hesitant to put up the video of you vs. the CPU. I'd prefer tournament videos over all others.

Sorry man. If you persuade me otherwise though, I'd oblige with setting it up.

Oh, I also got rid of the second SideB/DownB vid of Infzy's.

I'm also thinking of a new way to categorize videos, as well as to create a new section.
Oh, and don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the Winning 'Dat Steak section.

We'll be voting again sometime late January-early February.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
RATS is always fun to watch because of how fast he moves. But at the same time, I feel that much of what he does is meaningless, especially against someone like Marth.

I know the purpose is for decieving, but it really seemed uncesessary.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
lololol rats. all american vids on wifi get no respect but this guys vids...where marth clearly dancing blades the wrong way due to input lag...acceptable. that being said hes alot of fun to watch...i jus think hes playing trash ppl on wi-fi.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
That video definitely wasn't his best, that's for sure. He lost his first life when he didn't have to if he had just DI'd correctly. He lost his second life because he tried to recover with neutral b wheras up b would have worked just fine. He also only grabbed like 4 times the whole match... Then again I know nothing about wi-fi, I just play people IRL so who knows.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I have a capture card guys just not a wii of my own while I'm at school...but sometimes Angel is nice enough to let me use his for wifi whenever I need it, so if you want just give me a time and I can try to be on.

Also, I'll have some vids up a little later.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That video definitely wasn't his best, that's for sure. He lost his first life when he didn't have to if he had just DI'd correctly. He lost his second life because he tried to recover with neutral b wheras up b would have worked just fine. He also only grabbed like 4 times the whole match... Then again I know nothing about wi-fi, I just play people IRL so who knows.
I'm pretty sure the *** players have some kind of "honor code" or whatever, that makes it so they can't grab the ledge too many times. I'm not too sure, seeing as how we don't really have any contact with any of them, but I think that's what goes on.

That really wasn't his best match, but meh what are you gonna do? At least RATS is working on his Side-Taunts. That takes so much effort he has to make everything else fall behind so he can master the art of "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!"

Btw, I think this round of WDS I'd say we go for steak moments in battles, instead of the combo vids/guides.
Not a bad idea.

Edit: Wow, for whatever reason JA.P is censored?

I guess I could say Japanese to be safe.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
do you think RATS watches our vids as much as some of us look at his? im sure if he looked at malcolms style or tenkis, (or mine lol) he'd get better in a flash. or maybe he is and he loves spins that much...

edit: malcolms haunter is the best one ever.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So, I noticed from watching RATS, he uses SDSC when using some attack, to turn around upon landing. He uses turnaround SDSC to actually turn around. ****ing win :O
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTnOnhwwtxE
0:20, after the F-air.

He F-airs to turnaround SDSC. Ingenius. Also, he turns around his up-B when recovering so he can use B-air instead of a laggy F-air. Ingenius, yet again.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
So, I noticed from watching RATS, he uses SDSC when using some attack, to turn around upon landing. He uses turnaround SDSC to actually turn around. ****ing win :O
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTnOnhwwtxE
0:20, after the F-air.

He F-airs to turnaround SDSC. Ingenius. Also, he turns around his up-B when recovering so he can use B-air instead of a laggy F-air. Ingenius, yet again.
I've been doing this against you D:

Both tactics.

D:

:093:

Top Bottom