• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

True Blue

Smash Lord
Teams Matches from last tournament. Critique on my crappy sonic please lol. And will post results for that another time in the correct thread... lol

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23833348

0:00 - 12:00
Ryo :ike: True Blue :sonic: vs Hungry Box :dedede: Kyon :peach:

34:00 - 54:00
Ryo :ike: True Blue :sonic: vs Red Halberd :snake: Ed :zelda:

Singles

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23836468

0:00 - 10:00
True Blue :sonic: vs Kyon :peach:
First match was not recorded but Kyon won.

Muhsoce

Smash Cadet
Thanks!!!

Im still in the way of getting better about editing but what a better way to train than making smah videos, I hope everything goes according to the plan!! that is making an excellent video.

See you around!! take care!!

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yea i made a lot of bad decisions that cost me stocks :S. I had forgot about the C4 during the phase change as i though it would dissapear considering the next phase is smaller. And i missed spaced that Dsmash which had it connected would have put me in such a nice position but oh well. Still got a lot of work to do.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
some of your pressure strings were really good though.

I gotta give you credit. i wasnt expecting either match to be that close.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i just wish my first set from doubles was recorded, as that match was the most hyped doubles set compared to the one taking place on stream at the time. I think i also got a more recent set recorded from Mega Mass Madness that should find it's way on YT soon hopefully. Slowly I'm trying to travel OoS and create some sort of name for myself. Maybe by Apex I'll be able to cause some real damage in bracket.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Don't count out from bracket just yet, there's a lot of time from now til then for me to get my act (no pun intended) together. I gotta rep RI out there and show everyone we aren't as "free" as they think. And once my other sonic in training gets his stuff straight we'll hopefully get some double sonic dubz matches recorded from some of these OoS tourneys.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im publicly stating my goals. This makes it real and now that I have stated it, there is more pressure on me to make it a reality. Its a way to motivate myself.

I honestly just dont think you will though. But thats just my opinion and I would love to be wrong.

But it doesnt matter who does and who doesnt make it out of pools, because Im going to out place every other sonic.

Espy and X are looking real poor right now, so I dont know if they are going to be able to make it... maybe I should get speed to come up so at least somebody at my level will be there. Even if I do accomplish my goals, outplacing meekspeedy isnt really an accomplishment for me =P

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
X is far from poor right now. As for Espy? Texas is a tough place, simply put. The same thing can be said for Kid Craft 24. He's saying what he needs to, to motivate himself. Much like I told myself I would give it my all to clear pools in Japan and qualify for the pro bracket. Shoot higher, always, but never regret what you've accomplished.

Sometimes it's better to not talk about how others are going to do and focus more on yourself. Waste any time giving a negative (though honest) opinion and you just might take away from your own momentum. What happens if Kid Craft 24 makes it to the bracket but you drown, KID? That way there's nobody else to compare to but yourself. I'm not thinking of the other Sonics when I go to APEX. I'm thinking about how I, as a player, will place.

I can clear pools on an International scale. I already know this. I have to do it again for APEX and take myself even higher. And I wish everyone else who goes the best of luck. There is plenty of time to level up and assert yourself as a player.

Whether you throw Falco and Fox into the mix, KID, do what you can and don't think of how everyone else is going to do.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Cloud and KID are like good and evil. I want to see which one of you wins this battle in the end.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Everybody who doesnt go to Apex is a *****.

And cloud. I see what youre getting at, but competition (specifically against you all) is what drives me to strive for excellence. And with out that, its hard to motivate myself.

When brawl first came out, i told myself, i am going to be the best sonic player. That has and will always be my main goal. Its a bit different from my drive to play marvel. So thats why i push you guys. Because without you people theres no reason for me to get better
:phone:

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Rags and Googles may be good and evil, but I'm just a blunt ******* so I'm going to say right now that ain't neither of you going to make bracket.
Rags has the stuff but goes too aggro and doesn't know when to play defensive.
Googles is just gutter trash who talks himself up for days and then can't even beat a yoshi to make second seed.

I'm going to outplace both of you at Apex anyhow, and I'm a marvel player now.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I don't play defensive enough. I can do it but I play aggressively too often. Once I play more patiently I'll be set. I'll clear pools. But I need to watch my step in bracket.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So, what Sonic mains actually plan to legit attend Apex this time? Sounds like Cloud, Kid, True Blue, Wedge, myself... who else plans on it?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i'm planning on going along with the rest of Rhode Islands if we can manage to get enough $$$ and a second carpool though the main issue is cash. But plenty of time to save up for it.

Life

Smash Hero
I think I have a music thing that Sunday, so no for now. If it turns out to not be a problem, and nothing else comes up, it'll depend on whether I can get a ride, and of course money.

Although I'd still rather go to some slightly smaller stuff first and work my way up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Fizzie, its at Rutgers in Jersey

InCom stop being stupid and go to the best tournament ever. If you keep waiting for the small tournaments in an inactive region youll never go to anything good. Shut up and go to Apex.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
^i agree. With how dead SD is as a state, and how unviable driving 8hrs each way to NE actually is for 12man tourneys, my smash career will probably be essentially over after apex. I'll try smashfests/locals as long as I can, but Military takes a lot of time/persuing secondary education takes a lot more, and chasing skirts is a far better endeavor than the non-existent smash scene here, lol.

Apex 2013 will be my first and likley only international, so I really need to get to it, lol

Top Bottom