• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Why does everybody acts like if theyre getting an invitation to come to a tourney from me it must be like next weekend or something...

:phone:

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic in point is so satisfying to watch

Unfortunately, it's like going through hell to produce sometimes :/

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Is this thread still in use?

If so then>>>http://www.twitch.tv/smashcon/b/337097444

Stream from a tourney this past weekend. All the matches are doubles and my team is in pretty much all of them. You'll get to see my Mario, Marth and Sonic in this too :)
I also wanna know if u guys can actually watch the stream. I can't, but then again I have ****** internet lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tesh uploaded it but with weird music and textures that I wasn't exactly fond of lmao.
Yea, I prefer it with the default sounds desynced for the last 6 minutes of the match.

I recall you saying you thought remixed Christmas music would be cool, but since you obviously have recording equipment of your own and are unable to form sentences like "upload this replay without custom textures and music", I guess I'll leave it to you from now on.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I have a funny match i'll upload soon if I can (unfortunatley its saved to the wii itself, no homebrew or anything. I'll have to use my cell and stabalize it on something and record it from the CRT. Lulzy teams match from my last smashfest/8 man tourny

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Come on Tesh, don't be like that.

I have a funny match i'll upload soon if I can (unfortunatley its saved to the wii itself, no homebrew or anything. I'll have to use my cell and stabalize it on something and record it from the CRT. Lulzy teams match from my last smashfest/8 man tourny

There's no excuse to record using camera phones my man. There's a thread dedicated on recording people's replays. Plus we have recorders here too.

And get yourself homebrew. Having some textures/music and being able to save replays over 3 minutes would make you wonder you ever got through without it.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well I have no clue where to start: I had my wii in 08 with homebrew, but I had my tech savvy asian friend hook it up for me, lol. If someone can point me in the right direction, then I could get this set up today.

Also, I guess I could FINALLY get pinnacle or w/e so I can start recording. I have my bills paid and have extra money this paycheck. If I do that I could record it straight from the replay and upload it

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Not sure if it's still against the rules to show you (since smashboard's ownership changed) so I'll say check youtube/google.

Or wait until Saturday on skype.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Smart. Sounds like a plan.

Also: KC- watched your first match vs pelca. You did really well to mix it up/apply pressure when needed. However you still tried to force things when you were up on the first stock, and it got you punished. Also the two quick retaliation run up< bair kills seemed lucky. Otherwise, you seemed to have the advantage and could have won that ;) Good job

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yea looking through the matches again i've spotted many missed punishing opportunities, tech errors, and other bad options that cost me silly damage. why i would ever not gimp a falco's upb recovery makes me scream. :2 oh well, next time...... i'll just have to not play so stupid.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No, you played the MU well. You played the right spacing/footsies like the entire match. And hey, tech errors/punish flubs happen. You overall played smart and well, don't sell it short

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Sadly my sonic goes under the radar a lot so i don't really get the chance to really critique my matches and as a result of always feel like my sonic's not moving fluently enough compared to other i see. I feel i'm missing something that's really obvious outside of pure MU experience. ):\

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I'll post a link in a few, and you'll see something.

TB knows: my sonic is old school. I just do basics and read decently well/adapt. Mobility wise I think most everyone is better than my Sonic.

Actually, when I watched Wedge's latest vid, it looked a lot like my Sonic. It just looks deliberate, not really flashy/fluid in movement.

That's reserved for my melee falcon, lol

True Blue

Smash Lord
Why was that Ike Side-B ing a bunch to death.
Also you should think about using forward throw more just for the quick grab hit instead of Down throw since it can be less punishable. And Forward throw is sometimes the new Up Throw cause if they DI it wrong they can go straight up like up throw. But one teams down throw is not always good unless you are going for a combo hit. Forward throw is fast, Back throw helps protect you if an enemy is behind, and Back throw is good when someone is chasing you.
That was the only thing I saw lol. Since I was watching TV also.
Though it was a good thing the G&W didn't punish you a lot when you did it.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yeah, I actually utilize Dthrow as a bait: at one point the Ike SideB'd my partner, killing him. GW was airborne I think so I ran in, grab>Dthrow to punish the Ike, and Pshield GWs attempted punish, Full hop Fair'd Ike, and came out of this sequence with 0 dmg while my partner respawned.

In my playstyle, I rarley use Fthrow: I don't like it's follow up options when compared to grounded tech chasing. Its a melee habit. I do use Fthrow when I know I'll get punished, but if im confident I wont be, I like to bait ppl with it.

Point was I didn't lose a stock and since the Ike suicided from me offstage pressuring him so often, it was actually under 3mins so I could save it, lol

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Personally I use all of sonics throws depending on the situation. Test the waters with dthrow, if they don't di down and attempt to tech then u can use it safely. Usually uthrow for damage, if they know how to di uthrow at high percentages, fthrow to make them go straight upwards. Bthrow for characters/players you're convinced you can esgeguard effectively against. I could go more into detail but I hate typing on iPod.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
^exactly that.

In singles, I NEVER use Fthrow if they do not tech the Dthrow. IMO: a grounded tech chase is 100% safe vs Fthrow you have a lot of variables and none are 100% safe. In both cases, you have the advantage, Dthrow being more adventageous however.

Of course low % Uthrow<Uair strings/baits, BThrow anytime to get them offstage (always a positional advantage), and dthrow at mid percentages for potential tech chases. Fthrow in dbls or if they consistently tech Dthrow and I need to save Uthrow for some reason

These are just my personal preferences though. Works for my playstyle

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I use all the throws too. I usually don't go for a tech chase after the 2nd d-throw though unless i'm confident.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, if it ain't broke, why bother fixing it? If you can punish someone with 6 Dthrows, by all means go nuts. I almost tech chased to death, got about 18 Dthrows out of dash/run up shield, regrabs, ect. Did nothing else. It was hillarious

Top Bottom