• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wi-fi Thread and The Sonic Finder. Updated 4/07

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol.... In my head, all I could hear was the Sonic Drowning Theme.

alot of times I would spring in the wrong direction, then dair straight into your f-smash.

meh.. I rarely ever get punished for doing these things.

You, SM5, and Kinzer(I think) are the only Sonic mains who can consistently punish me.

:\

:093:
hah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4-auF2MQs&feature=related is my ring tone.

with the drowning sound. for when I miss the call.

How about non-Sonic mains/characters?
9_9; I'd hate it for you to only see punishments from Sonic because we're the only ones you play against with matchup experience/familiarity with Sonic's moveset/tendencies.

anyway, work on using other, less punishable (or punishable differently) moves.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
CiTH is one of the few Sonics I know that uses HA relatively frequently and smartly XD. He seems to use it pretty similar to myself.

I still wish we cudda recorded our awesome MK+Sonic vs Boxob pwnage from earlier today. It was like our own little wombo combo. I'd bair, you grabbed, grab release and id uair, ud follow up into another grab release or an fthrow, I did some spring chasing and I think it ended with your Uair into my Bair for his death? XD

Pikachu thunder>chase across FD+jump offstage homing attack death, was pretty sweet too. =P

Oh and grab release into falcon punch. too good.

We should do more teams. Hopefully with closer people so I won't miss 80% of my grabs(no offense you european folk, Chis still has an awesome connection with me =P)

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Oh yeah, we MUST play teams again sometime.

Sonic/MK team is too good.

I think we should try Sonic/Ganon again. That team has some potential.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Sonic/Ganon is great, just not on FD =P. You should try throwing me offstage or at an opponent sometimes for uber awesome killz, it was one of the things I was practicing with my cuz for our teams tourney. Like Bthrow or Dthrow Offstage into Ganon Dair, too good =P Or if Im having trouble recovering you could run over to me and uair me to safety. There was one time you were falcon and I was sonic that I ran offstage so your upB would grab me and "refresh" so u wudnt die, that was pretty cool.

MK+ Sonic just works, lol. Mk gets a char offstage, Sonic goes for the kill or viceversa. Setups are too easy with that team as well.

Pika+Sonic is really great too, if I stop running into your attacks >_>

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
F*** you Gf2tw, you wasted too much of my time.

:sonic: You're too SLOW!

Lol I went random in those matches, you should have 2-3 stocked me. I've never used Pit, ROB, etc before.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Lol, your connection sucks Tenki, I'm sure it's other people dying to WiFi, not you.

Jk.

I call you a scrub a lot, but you're good, specially cause you can play under that kinda lag.

Wanna go play wifi? I stayed home from school today, my stomach feels like it's being boxobombed.

lol i try not to wifigay people with moves that don't work offline anymore, especially since towards the end of last year, I finally got some offline exp.

I used to do F-smash > reverse stutterstep to punish dashgrabs. That's stupid and has no reason to work offline, at least, not unless you space yourself really far from your opponent XD

But really, when I first started playing online, I played on this HDTV, so every battle was like, red connection, so everything I did, from running, dashgrabs, to aerials was predictive timing ;_;
After playing with samboner in a wifi match, it became painfully obvious to me that he wasn't suffering the same lag as me, because he was able to do things that required like 2x the reaction time that my input lag was giving me, so I moved to a different TV, and I started winning more lol. I think the same thing kind of happened when I went from wifi to offline.

and that's why I can sort of handle wifi.

but I can't play. Semester started and I'm back to network-less Wii unless I'm off on weekends.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I forgot who this was against, but there was one game I played during the break against someone here where I chose Snake instead of Sonic by accident and I started suiciding.

On the last life, I decided to start spamming D-tilt, and we started fighting from there.

I did crap that no Snake in their right mind would do, and I also spammed more D-tilt.

and I won

it was hilarious.

someone want to claim it?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Strangely enough I haven't played Anther since like, May or something, when I supersucked.

and when I did play against him, he was my first Pikachu ever, and I got mind****ed.

lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
LOL

Oh wait, Tenki, you said you can play on weekends right? I play weekends now and I think I'm the only one here on the boards who hasn't played you yet >_>

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol np, thanks for the matches, that was good exp... you leveled up my pokéymanz :)

You were ruining me pretty hard with Ganondorf until I adjusted to the rhythm of those techchases. Gdorf is too good. But so is Bowser :)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I want to play someone.

Might try out Ganon, Jiggz, and PT mostly. Maybe Ike.

I don't use Sonic online anymore, it's depressing.

Any takers?

infomon

Smash Scientist
:( I wanna fight ROOOOY but I can't anymore today. :(

Napz, did you want any of those matches uploaded? I'll wipe the tape otherwise, I don't think any were steakworthy. (There was one good Squirtle-momentum-cancel example, I would have died from a long-range Ike Usmash(?) but I got my Fair > side-B done in time so I just hovered for a while, it was groovy. But w/e that's just me geeking out lol)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm probably the only person here with no vids up on youtube at all.

</3

That'll change by next month, promisies.

Top Bottom