• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wi-fi Thread and The Sonic Finder. Updated 4/07

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Oh man I was playing so sucky >_< ggs though, you pwned me pretty badly several matches XD. You left justttttt when I was about to pick Sonic haha.

EDIT: You used alot of fair, reminds me of th olden day Sonic playstyle =P

infomon

Smash Scientist
Sorry CU :( I'm all outta tape now.......... I should have waited for you since you asked first. Err, 2nd ;)

Napz: ggz. wow. wouldn't ya know it, I run out of tape just as you I SD all my stocks, against your Marth, a character I'm consistently bad against (but not normally that bad).......... :psycho:

some funny stuff happened in our earlier matches tho, I'm glad I had them recorded.

Edit: lolllllll Fair is awesome, why don't ppl use it as much nowadays? Are ppl actually DI'ing out of it?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
You had some totally awesome steaksome moments, like that time I used reverse falcon sideB offstage and spiked you, hung on the ledge, you springd and I went for the respike, but instead you footstooled me to end the match XD.

And no not because people are DIing from it, (you can use that against them anyways), but because the kinda just stopped with all the new techs and what not =P. Back in the day I remember everyone dooing triple fair KOs offstage XD.

Edited for more epicness.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Napz: yea that finish was totally lol :) I might have time to get all these vids up tmrw night.... including the replays Gf2tw/Chis sent me....

Fair is too good. Fair Fair Fair. Everyone, use it moar!!

Fair alone makes it awesome for ppl to be on platforms above you. If they don't shield, win. If they shield, you can prolly position it so they can't retaliate (SH ftw), and it's a good shieldeater. If they spotdodge, Fair should outlast it. If they attack, Fair will probably win.

Fair is Sonic's turtle. :)

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, thanks. Good games to you too. My Sonic has improved vastly, but I definitely have some stuff to work on. And D3 I have been practicing on and I ought to thank you for the practice on a fast character like Sonic.

And that first match = LOL. I didn't choose my character fast enough, and I got stuck with Jigglypuff. How I won I don't know, since I don't play as the Puffster at all

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Not more so than bair and dair. But then again bair has no lag and dairr... no one uses it from that height.

Still, fair shieldpokes. Anyone who's played me knows I often like to prolong the Charges on DownB and SideB. I do this so my opponent's shield starts diminishing just a little bit, which then equals an easily shieldpoke with fair.

Fair also combos more easily after you stale it ^_^. And tis his quickest aerial after all.

Just wish it autocancelled/could be fastfalled without lag =( Fair would be too good with no landing lag.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It was too good, that's why they added all that ending lag. IMO.

I woulda thought Fair outlasts most spotdodge attempts, unless you're only coming in with a few of its hits. (Which is prolly better to do anyway, lol)

Fair is not so good against opponents on the ground in front of you. But for eating ppl above you.... awesome. Also note that shieldpokes will happen if none of your hitbox overlaps their shield... so space your Fair so you're just out of their shield's range, if there's any room to shieldpoke..... and the front of Fair is disjointed a l'il, remember djbrowny :)

Although I gotta say.... falling onto someone with Fair works a lot... it prolly shouldn't (shield or spotdodge), but very often it can mess people up!

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Sorry I had to leave so suddenly CU >_< Mom being annoying. But fun games. Sorry it took so long for me to use Sonic as well, I just am starting to really dislike using Sonic online and don't like Sonic dittos very much =/

But that reverse Fair stage spike you did on me was awesome XD

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha, no problem Nape. Good games to you too. I really wish that we would have gotten that reverse Fair stage spike on tape....that was AWESOME. And yeah I am starting to dislike Sonic dittos a like, but I needed to work on my Sonic.

And you almost had a good comeback win against my Lucario....I was lucky to pull that match out. :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Disc error? That's why we were kicked out, lol.
Good games I guess, the lag was pretty bad though.

And lol, you tripped RIGHT into a forward smash. I wish I had that recorded...

Top Bottom