• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wall - Game End.... no one wins?

July

Smash Apprentice
A few questions to everyone:

1. What is my alignment?
2. Who should I trust the most in this game?
3. Who is the best player here?
1. Too early to tell
2. Don't listen to the players who said themselves.
3. Soup, what do you hope to gain from this question? I don't see anything good that could come from it.

Soup's L-3? Seems to be taking it his stride.

He shouldn't be lynched.

There are some pretty weird proclamations on that wall there... I guess there's not much to go on though. How do people feel about owning up to wall posts?

I'm thinking...

Vote: Kantrip
Trying to get everyone own up to their wall posts would not only be impractical, it would be a bad idea.

N0 wall posts are null Y/N?

If anything scum will purposefully null-tell in them so as to avoid suspicion.
Owning up to wall posts lets you identify who said what, and so how much info they chose to give everyone, thereby maybe their motive.

Hey guys i'm town.
Oh yeah and soft-claiming a particular wall post just sayin' :cool:

peace & :pika:
Clearly the N0 posts aren't null; whether or not the posts are deceiving we don't know yet, but they definitely aren't null.

What is your read on WatchtheThrone right now?

Vote: Kary

Kary, why did you vote for Kantrip in your #133 and then again in your #157? Also what is your read on WatchtheThrone so far?

No Hetero...
<3

I've never seen Seph this active before, but I like it so far.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Trying to get everyone own up to their wall posts would not only be impractical, it would be a bad idea.

Clearly the N0 posts aren't null; whether or not the posts are deceiving we don't know yet, but they definitely aren't null.
It'd be bad? What do townies have to hide? Rolecrumbs N0? Meh.
I'm not pushing for everyone to own up... but I can't see scum dropping tells in their wall posts, and I can't see townies doing much as they've little info to go on. Feels like most of them are going to be null, sorry.

What is your read on WatchtheThrone right now?
Don't have one.

Kary, why did you vote for Kantrip in your #133 and then again in your #157? Also what is your read on WatchtheThrone so far?
Because it's RVS and I can. Oh, and still don't have one.
No Hetero...
<3

I've never seen Seph this active before, but I like it so far.
Nice buddying

July scum, good game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well this sucks, most of these questions are useless and irrelevant.

I should go read the wall posts.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, all I really have to comment on at the moment is that I don't see a reason for owning up to the wallposts, though it's not that hard to guess mine.

Curious as to Seph's blazing confidence and any relevant success on the riddle.

Found it distressing that Circus more or less said "Nah mang, I don't wanna do any early work.", copping out to the other head of his hydra.

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
What the hell you doin Raz? Don't go and let me down.
I promised that it's you and me who's gonna run this town.

Your gonna have to up the pace to run even with us.
Ask your questions, play the game, and soon you'll have my trust.

A Kary vote that you could make is one I couldn't hate.
So go ahead bro, make my day and give me that "damn straight."

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't think I can completely sell myself on Karyscum right now. I don't like the wallpost thing but I don't see malevolent intent behind it. If I were to vote him it'd simply be to wagon at this point. But let's make something more of it.

@Kary: Why should we claim our wallposts?

You outright acknowledge that Townies may very well roleclaim/breadcrumb on the wall, so why would we expose that? Further, you claim that most will be null anyway. If they are, why bother?

I'm not seeing the supposed benefit to the claim here.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
crashboards? I'll try again, this is the gist;

@Raziek:

Not trying to suggest that everyone should claim.

1. Get RVS going by talking about what you can do with the wallposts.
2. May claim my wallpost if I think it's pro-town. Undecided on that right now.

What do you think of July?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
No strong opinion on her at the moment.

Shares similar thoughts to me wrt the Wall posts, not much else of substance at the second.

Why did you ask me about her, when she's really only made one post?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Whoops. MAH BAD. Marshy then. Don't know why I thought it was Circus in that hydra. I guess I just assumed the Circus/Nabe pair would be oozing gay all over the place.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
I didn't make the post, just thought it was funny.

What do you think of soups role fishing?
You mean 120 and 123, Bumblebee? Seems tame, hon. I'm more concerned that he's trying to be someone he's not, that never ends well. ttfn

Inferno, make it hot in here. All the riddle talk with no toppings makes you pretty lukewarm.

Speaking of, July hon, we still on for that latte? Will you have time? I see you're rushing, hon, with your vote for Kary and all, but usually you let the cream float and soak in a bit. Are you an eager beaver or just a busy one? ;) latez

Razberry, are you town? Hooray if so :bee: Are you making an effort to play this game differently from Pokemon?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I didn't really get "hooked" in Pokemon, like I did as scum in Legend of Mana.

If I get "hooked" early into a game I don't have problems, which is why I'm trying to do so early.

So yes, I'm making an effort to play this game differently from Pokemon and actually, you know, play it.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
From a great voyage I return! I have done business with other fronts and have gifted intelligence from our group. It looks like more battles like ours are being fought. Let that be a motivation! We can overturn this corrupt group of spies!

To arms, brothers!​

Nothing. I do not need to appeal to you in any manner, you either work with me or you don't.
My good friend Soup, this is not a matter of appealing or not.
See, this is where we differ. I am trying to get this town to work together. You are creating a split.

Now, I repeat so it is known to all citizens of The Wall, but trust is earned, not grabbed!
Once again, I ask you to make a move.

Sephy hon, I'm probably going to ask you for a character claim by the end of the Day. <3 I hope that's kosher!
My friend, my identity is irrelevant.

My identity is but a mask that protects the heart of justice! The heart of The Wall! The heart of dGames!
It is but a symbol for our combined strength! A symbol for a better future!

There is nothing gained in throwing it out there, friend.

Yo Seph, why are there fourteen wall writings when there are only thirteen players listed?
A great observation! As I expected of my second-in-command.
The probable answer, however, is easily deducted upon closer inspection. Overswarm noted that the wall can be affected by abilities. It is likely that the person who made the traitor crumb has the ability to write multiple times, and simply used that to his advantage.

@Seph - Did you get a response for answering the riddle?
Unfortunately, I had it wrong.

My answer was "Indeed it is", where I thought that the line "because every riddle needs question mark" meant that it was to be interpeted as "What, that is the answer to this riddle, right?".

I got it wrong, but fret not! Now it us up to the rest of the organization to figure it out! For justice!

About the recent suspicion towards Kary, I deem it not legitimate. I smell positive intent coming from Kary, and I would like to keep him around for later operations.

Soup still requires more inquiry.

July is a peculiar case. I see not how Kary is scummy enough for inquiry, however, I want her to elaborate on her Kary suspicion before judging. I do have ideas, so worry not. There is always a plan in my nation.

Raziek, the next operation is yours to lead!
What do you think of No Hetero? Analyze the case and report back to me! We're pulling you in with the group, comrade!

Citizens of dGames, the time has come to unite!
This is not a game anymore. We will unite as a nation!
Henceforth, we will be known as the dGames Liberation Front!
Raise the flag!

Our first mission is simple, eliminate the spies and traitors!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Second time i've checked this thread now. Questions still weren't answered.

>mfw
Soup's pretending his questions actually mattered to him. I don't like it.

Kary is a headache.

I like Seph a lot, and I also enjoy his posting style.

I'm liking No Hetero and disliking WatchTheThrone. I will elaborate on these two in my next post.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm just very curious on the puzzle mechanic. I first thought that it had to do with 14 wall posts and only 13 players, but I feel like it wouldn't be worth the time to guess which one stands out. I will attempt to redeem Seph by being the next person to try and answer the riddle if nobody minds. I'm gonna take a guess, but I think I have an idea.

Kantrip

Kantplay
maybe town?
me
me

happy now?

deal?

Seph is smoking something wack. Town.
JTB is town

Sod it, everyone who's posted is town

Hop this Kantrip waggon already, alright?
If Hando hops it, he's scum, same for WatchTheThrone.

Neither of them will, though. Scumteam is Kantrip/July/FullMetalLynch.

@WatchTheThrone: you're going to push my lynch because I'm a threat to you Y/N?

@FullMetalLynch: Pretend you're scum, who do you want on your team from this playerlist?

@Soup: Who is scumier right now, Raziek or Seph?

:surprised:
Kary is all over the place with his RvS shenanigans. I'm scratching my head at his "everyone who's posted is town", wondering if it's just a joke like "Scumteam is Kantrip/July/FullMetalLynch" or if he is being legit with it.

@Kary: Could you please clarify that? Do you actually believe everyone who posted at the time of you saying that was town?

At the underlined it appears as though Kary has no direction with what he's doing and isn't actually getting anything from it. What does he gain from saying that if Hando and WatchTheThrone join my wagon they are scum? Kary, if you could enlighten me that would be great, otherwise can I safely assume your RvS is just a bunch of jokes and you're not trying to progress the game?

As far as the questions go, I'm on the fence. I could easily see the questions being the "down to business" part of this post while the rest is full of random crap. The thing is, I don't like the questions themselves. First one is ridiculous and a joke in and of itself. Second one is something I've seen other players do but it overall gives nothing. Third one is just taking a random two people and asking for a comparison.

Now, here's the deal. I totally get the mindset of throwing out random questions. I used to do it without even thinking about what the answers would get for me. Kary could easily be the same way. In fact, I think he is. I'm going to continue looking and relooking at him, but I'm saying town for now.
But J baby, that's my job. ;)

Listen up, girls.

Ragamuffin, doll, don't talk like Swissers in this game unless it's a posting restriction.
(Although every man longs for a romantic now and again... :embarrass: )
If I'm wrong, keep on Ragnarocking it up and maybe you can Rock my world later ;) P.S. luv, is there some reason you're hard on Razzly in 140? ttfn

Karybear, did you get a mafia role this flap of the wings? Quel dommage, sweetie. We'll snuggle, I'll braid your hair, and you can tell me all about it, alright? I'm here for ya!

JTBumblebee, don't try to act coy. :woman: Are you taking credit for that wall post, or playing follow the leader?
(Don't get me wrong, I do love a parade. <3)

:hanenbow:
This post is hilarious. That aside, I like the Kary suspicion (like, not agree with). The main reason I have a super slight townread on No Hetero is because I can see the thinking behind this post. The Kary part especially, as as I was reading Kary's posts I began to think along the same lines, then this post showed up and I thought "man, Nabe is looking for scum".

We get it, not everybody here is going to be really active... But we know how to fix that. We're just gonna take every post an inactive make and weigh it as much as participating players ten posts. Rest assured we will not be combing over those posts lightly so unless they're mindblowing you can expect the hardbody crew to assemble behind us in full force.

Hando don't do this to me bro, don't make us start with you.
This post's main goal is to attempt to establish thread control. Informing us that being inactive means the few posts we do make get weighted more is useless and needn't have been said. This post is just here to blow hot air and try to get some power. Null for a Ryker hydra, of course.

Yo Seph, why are there fourteen wall writings when there are only thirteen players listed?
Why do you think Seph would know the answer? Do you expect something more than what you can deduce for yourself?

Yo, real talk. I want to shoot whoever made the mafia traitor wall post.

If that's a doublevoter crumb I spy, then gimmie gimmie.

I expect you to be absolutely irrelevant, FML.

Whoever posted that youtube link has great ****ing taste. They must be dripping swag.
Yo, I hear what you're sayin, and I'ma let you finish, but that's none of your business. I want that mafia traitor wall post to be claimed, but what else do you need to see?
Soft-claiming vig? :smirk:

Nah, of course not. He just wants them to out so that them maf bros can attempt to recruit them. Confirm/Deny?

Swag, crisis averted.

Kary can burn. Seph's a bro. Soup's town lean. Hando's gonna actually play for us. Raz is gonna follow me to hell and back.

Vote Kary

Where's the hard body crew when you need to see an *** kickin?
I can't disrespect the reads. However, @WatchTheThrone: Could you please give me a one-liner on Kary and one for Soup with the primary reason for their respective reads?

- - -

Basically I see No Hetero reaching conclusions and looking for scum while I see WatchTheThrone using their time to establish thread control while I don't see their thought process in finding scum.

I like the Soupy and Kantplay wagons.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It'd be bad? What do townies have to hide? Rolecrumbs N0? Meh.
I'm not pushing for everyone to own up... but I can't see scum dropping tells in their wall posts, and I can't see townies doing much as they've little info to go on. Feels like most of them are going to be null, sorry.

Don't have one.

Because it's RVS and I can. Oh, and still don't have one.

Nice buddying

July scum, good game.
Ewww.

Get serious Kary, the jokes are muddying the watering hole. You got a scumread on July for that post? Was it mainly the "buddying"?

Kantrip

Kantplay
That was more of a wall than I expected. I'm definitely already being annoying. If anyone can't be arsed to sift through my **** you can just assume I'm town and it'll be okay.

Or lynch me and then assume I'm town. Either way...

Vote: Ragnarok

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Hetero , give me a reason to hammer.

Orbo will chew me out for doing it but he ain`t here.

Give me a solid reason and I will lay my hammer down

And boy, do I have quite a hammer to bring down, what with size 13 feet and all ;)

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
damn i came in here hoping you guys dropped hammah on dat ***

cmon you know you want to guys

look inside your hearts and follow it

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
marshy, I love you but I am never really down to quicklynch

it looks like a super-bad play right now

much as I might want to hammer for the thrill of it

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
>Two days into this game
>L-1 Already

Swiss, how do you do it? Is it your devilsh charm? Your impeccable reads? The fear you strike in everyone? I am not sure if I can carry on, but for now, a laugh is in order.

#HBC | ѕoup

Alright, first off: You're all going to stop because I decided to play like Swiss, I wanted to do something different and I'm not getting hammered over something so small because of whatever bull**** reason you have, secondly, the questions did matter on a huge scale and I don't expect them to be ignored.

#HBC | ѕoup

I dislike Inferno so far, but I think it's more of a personal dislike than a substance dislike, would love for him to do something relevant instead of ponder about a useless riddle.

Who's the guy who thought Kary is scum? He's pretty cool.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Quick-riddle-hit, should we press our heads together and come
up with an answer?

Because it seems to me that then we could give the riddle answer to town's majority townread. Also, any chance we can use it to scumhunt, since it says only town get rewards with correct answers during the Day?

@182 by Kantrip, would you agree that July's post already reads as a little off?

#HBC | ѕoup

We get it, not everybody here is going to be really active... But we know how to fix that. We're just gonna take every post an inactive make and weigh it as much as participating players ten posts. Rest assured we will not be combing over those posts lightly so unless they're mindblowing you can expect the hardbody crew to assemble behind us in full force.

Hando don't do this to me bro, don't make us start with you.
I hope you follow up on this, Inactives can be thrown into a fire.

No Hetero said:
Ragamuffin, doll, don't talk like Swissers in this game unless it's a posting restriction.
(Although every man longs for a romantic now and again... )
If I'm wrong, keep on Ragnarocking it up and maybe you can Rock my world later P.S. luv, is there some reason you're hard on Razzly in 140? ttfn
Not really, just something to fit in with my Swiss posting like I was planning to do, I'm kind of dissapointed that when you try different things, people get a hissy-fit because their meta isn't all in the right place. He's null.

Top Bottom