• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wall - Game End.... no one wins?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
July said:
1. Too early to tell
2. Don't listen to the players who said themselves.
3. Soup, what do you hope to gain from this question? I don't see anything good that could come from it.
It meshs in with the Swiss thing, and that did have a purpose to it, I'd like a legitimate answer to the third one, but liked your response to this.

Kary said:
It'd be bad? What do townies have to hide? Rolecrumbs N0? Meh.
I'm not pushing for everyone to own up... but I can't see scum dropping tells in their wall posts, and I can't see townies doing much as they've little info to go on. Feels like most of them are going to be null, sorry.
You don't? Why are you concerned on the wall info so much? I'd consider it useless until tommorow at least.

FML, looking for a reason to hammer is bad, I'm honestly expecting more from them or they can go.

Kantrip said:
That was more of a wall than I expected. I'm definitely already being annoying. If anyone can't be arsed to sift through my **** you can just assume I'm town and it'll be okay.

Or lynch me and then assume I'm town. Either way...

Vote: Ragnarok
You didn't have any reason to jump on this in the first place? Why'd you call Kary on her July read and then do absolutely nothing about it? Did you roll scum Kantrip?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yo it looked wall-esque so i'm collapsing it
[COLLAPSE="some stuff"]
Why did you ask me about her, when she's really only made one post?
I tend to piggyback questions in RVS. Look how I asked Soup about you/Seph when neither of you had done much. Wondering whether you had any meta on July etc. or anything stood out from her OP.

I request all my brethren to vote Soup with me and demand answers. Let him know that this will not be tolerated!
Ehhh
Answers yes votes no. Answers to what, though?

town

wait i'm supposed to be past this RVS hijinks by now.

Kary is all over the place with his RvS shenanigans. I'm scratching my head at his "everyone who's posted is town", wondering if it's just a joke like "Scumteam is Kantrip/July/FullMetalLynch" or if he is being legit with it.

@Kary: Could you please clarify that? Do you actually believe everyone who posted at the time of you saying that was town?

At the underlined it appears as though Kary has no direction with what he's doing and isn't actually getting anything from it. What does he gain from saying that if Hando and WatchTheThrone join my wagon they are scum? Kary, if you could enlighten me that would be great, otherwise can I safely assume your RvS is just a bunch of jokes and you're not trying to progress the game?
Yo. How could I have legit reads on players that haven't posted. Think.
I am throwing stuff out there for people to respond to. That's how you get this party started, know what I mean? It's like voting for someone in RVS... does that progress the game?

Guess what, I voted you and called you scum. I did a bunch of other stuff that's mostly dumb. You respond, I get to read you. Bingo.

As far as the questions go, I'm on the fence. I could easily see the questions being the "down to business" part of this post while the rest is full of random crap. The thing is, I don't like the questions themselves. First one is ridiculous and a joke in and of itself. Second one is something I've seen other players do but it overall gives nothing. Third one is just taking a random two people and asking for a comparison.
It's harder to ignore questions put to you directly. Yeh they're not the best but what you going to do? If there was a perfect RVS method I ain't found it yet.

Ewww.

Get serious Kary, the jokes are muddying the watering hole. You got a scumread on July for that post? Was it mainly the "buddying"?
Pretty sure I said July was your scumbuddy before that post. PROBABLY just trying to prod July for a read by saying she's scum. Also that did look like buddying, is that standard for July?

Vote: Ragnarok
Talk to me about your Soup vote? Not seeing the reasoning, as they say.

Answering the riddle now.
Ugh. Not that interested in the status updates.
Who's your strongest townread so far?[/COLLAPSE]

#HBC | ѕoup

Kantrip said:
At the underlined it appears as though Kary has no direction with what he's doing and isn't actually getting anything from it. What does he gain from saying that if Hando and WatchTheThrone join my wagon they are scum? Kary, if you could enlighten me that would be great, otherwise can I safely assume your RvS is just a bunch of jokes and you're not trying to progress the game?

As far as the questions go, I'm on the fence. I could easily see the questions being the "down to business" part of this post while the rest is full of random crap. The thing is, I don't like the questions themselves. First one is ridiculous and a joke in and of itself. Second one is something I've seen other players do but it overall gives nothing. Third one is just taking a random two people and asking for a comparison.

Now, here's the deal. I totally get the mindset of throwing out random questions. I used to do it without even thinking about what the answers would get for me. Kary could easily be the same way. In fact, I think he is. I'm going to continue looking and relooking at him, but I'm saying town for now.
Oh, you made a wall post, but I didn't see anything worth liking, I understand if you're going to clarify something, but you went in 10 different directions (you even called Kary town even after all this), why can't you decide how you want to pursue Kary, Kantrip?

#HBC | ѕoup

Seph said:
My good friend Soup, this is not a matter of appealing or not.
See, this is where we differ. I am trying to get this town to work together. You are creating a split.

Now, I repeat so it is known to all citizens of The Wall, but trust is earned, not grabbed!
Once again, I ask you to make a move.
Unfortunately, I was forced to play my cards.

#HBC | ѕoup

Like: WatchTheThrone, Raziek, JTB, July
Okay with: Inferno3044 (for now), Seph, Hetero
Dislike: Kantrip, Kary, FML

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
I feel like Kantrip may have tried to over-pursue Kary, in order to appear to be having a problem with Kary, when in reality there wasnèt much to dislike beyond the owning up to wall posts thing which does not achieve anything IMO

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Quick-riddle-hit, should we press our heads together and come
up with an answer?

Because it seems to me that then we could give the riddle answer to town's majority townread. Also, any chance we can use it to scumhunt, since it says only town get rewards with correct answers during the Day?
Nah, pretty sure scum get rewards during Day as well.
I believe every player gets a guess/Day and all scum get a guess/Night as well.

Should no one solve the riddle, mafia and only mafia can solve through the Night. This gives them an advantage, as they can also solve during the day! But they only get the advantage if you LET them.
Can't think of a way in which putting heads together benefits town particularly... might just be me. I mean... in the event we all muck in together, how does that stop scum from answering? I dunno. Like, if scum and town both submit same answer during day, who wins? Should probably PM OS :/

#HBC | ѕoup

Early RVS read, something I have in my back pocket. Liked his demeanor in RVS.

@Kary

Just something fun to do, I felt as dgames flavored I could get away with it.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Well got the riddle wrong. My answer was "There is no riddle 1." Yes I'm probably dumb for guessing that but I just noticed rule 1 was "There is no Rule 1" so I thought it was connected.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Vote Count 1-2

Ragnarock(Soup) (4) - JTB, Raziek, Sephiroths Masamune, Kantrip
Kary (2) - July, WatchedTheThrone
Kantrip (1) - Kary

Not Voting (6): Handorin, Macman, FullMetalLynch, Ragnarock, Inferno, No Hetero

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Friday, July 27th at 3:00 p.m. EST

Yo, I hear what you're sayin, and I'ma let you finish, but that's none of your business. I want that mafia traitor wall post to be claimed, but what else do you need to see?
WatchedTheThrone awaits mod punishment from OS for posting off their hydra account! Please quote the post on your hydra account, thanks! And a friendly reminder to all other hydras to post on their hydra accounts.

Edit: Updated as of post 220.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Unvote
Soup answered my crucial questions.
(I'll make out it up to you later, Marshy)

Soup, is your character Swiss?
Y/N will suffice, but I think this needs to be addressed at this point. :woman:

:hanenbow:

#HBC | ѕoup

Unvote
Soup answered my crucial questions.
(I'll make out it up to you later, Marshy)

Soup, is your character Swiss?
Y/N will suffice, but I think this needs to be addressed at this point. :woman:

Nah, it's not Swiss, but I knew I could get away with it because of the flavor though.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Thanks.

The riddle is one of two obvious answers, and if we're not sharing I'm going to go ahead and take it all <3
(/sizequeen :woman:)

FullMetal****, what do you think of Kary?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Welp did I miscount? mfw

Soup, why post the reads?

sorry 'bout all the questions

Also, telling everyone incorrect riddle answers; tells scum incorrect answers. i'm a need to think through best approach to riddle answers. Right now not seeing OS's train of thought w.r.t. town working together on problems.

#HBC | ѕoup

My answer was incorrect also. I guessed the question mark.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that I'm moving. I just got to my new house. I read a little this morning, but you guys have posted a lot since then. Don't expect anything substantial until probably tomorrow night soonest. And by substantial, I mean any responce, because you guys know I don't post a lot. Lol

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Quick-riddle-hit, should we press our heads together and come
up with an answer?

Because it seems to me that then we could give the riddle answer to town's majority townread. Also, any chance we can use it to scumhunt, since it says only town get rewards with correct answers during the Day?

@182 by Kantrip, would you agree that July's post already reads as a little off?
What stops scum from taking the answer we come up with and sending it in before our majority townread does? Did you really not think about that? I find that hard to believe....

As for July's post, I'll look at it again right now but I didn't see anything "off" that made me dislike it. It's hard to look for that kind of thing because everyone has their own style and meta, and even then it can change from game to game as Soup is complaining about, putting on his best AtE face as he does it.

Soup please derail the wagon with stellar content rather than complaints about how your trying new styles is ****ing you over. Thanks. As per your question, naw I drew town bro.
1. Too early to tell
2. Don't listen to the players who said themselves.
3. Soup, what do you hope to gain from this question? I don't see anything good that could come from it.

Trying to get everyone own up to their wall posts would not only be impractical, it would be a bad idea.

Clearly the N0 posts aren't null; whether or not the posts are deceiving we don't know yet, but they definitely aren't null.

What is your read on WatchtheThrone right now?

Vote: Kary

Kary, why did you vote for Kantrip in your #133 and then again in your #157? Also what is your read on WatchtheThrone so far?

No Hetero...
<3

I've never seen Seph this active before, but I like it so far.
Still not seeing anything particularly off. What do you see in this post, marshyNabe?

Kantrip

Kantplay
It meshs in with the Swiss thing, and that did have a purpose to it, I'd like a legitimate answer to the third one, but liked your response to this.

You don't? Why are you concerned on the wall info so much? I'd consider it useless until tommorow at least.

FML, looking for a reason to hammer is bad, I'm honestly expecting more from them or they can go.

You didn't have any reason to jump on this in the first place? Why'd you call Kary on her July read and then do absolutely nothing about it? Did you roll scum Kantrip?
What was I supposed to do about Kary's read on July? In all honesty, getting content and answers to Kary is not something I look for to read him after my first experience playing with him. I simply pointed out what I didn't like so as to lay out my thought process, didn't feel like there was anything to be done about it, just keeping a running commentary because apparently when people can see your thought process then you look townie or something.

You're right, I have no reason to jump on your wagon besides the fact that the Swiss posting is lame and your reaction to the wagon is bad. However, I liked the application of pressure and it is clear by your AtE that it affected you, which is, of course, the purpose. So are you going to passively ask everybody if they're scum like you did with me or are you going to go out on your own and actually look for scum?

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Vote Count 1-2

Ragnarock(Soup) (4) - JTB, Raziek, Sephiroths Masamune, Kantrip
Kary (2) - July, WatchedTheThrone
Kantrip (1) - Kary

Not Voting (6): Handorin, Macman, FullMetalLynch, Ragnarock, Inferno, No Hetero

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Friday, July 27th at 3:00 p.m. EST

WatchedTheThrone awaits mod punishment from OS for posting off their hydra account! Please quote the post on your hydra account, thanks! And a friendly reminder to all other hydras to post on their hydra accounts.

Edit: Updated as of post 220.
He quoted the post immediately after within the time limit, he avoided the punishment. S'all good.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I feel like Kantrip may have tried to over-pursue Kary, in order to appear to be having a problem with Kary, when in reality there wasnèt much to dislike beyond the owning up to wall posts thing which does not achieve anything IMO
Wut.

I was over-pursuing Kary? Damn. You're going to have to explain this because I don't know how one goes about "over-pursuing" a read. I didn't even focus very much attention on Kary at all, it's just relevant to me because there's lots of content that I should be getting reads from that is pulling me in both directions. When did I appear as though I had a problem with Kary more than others have? You're reaching.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kantrip said:
Soup please derail the wagon with stellar content rather than complaints about how your trying new styles is ****ing you over. Thanks. As per your question, naw I drew town bro.
No, you probably rolled scum with this. Did you even read anything I posted?

What was I supposed to do about Kary's read on July? In all honesty, getting content and answers to Kary is not something I look for to read him after my first experience playing with him. I simply pointed out what I didn't like so as to lay out my thought process, didn't feel like there was anything to be done about it, just keeping a running commentary because apparently when people can see your thought process then you look townie or something.

You're right, I have no reason to jump on your wagon besides the fact that the Swiss posting is lame and your reaction to the wagon is bad. However, I liked the application of pressure and it is clear by your AtE that it affected you, which is, of course, the purpose. So are you going to passively ask everybody if they're scum like you did with me or are you going to go out on your own and actually look for scum?
So basically, your wall made no difference what so ever and you were just trying to keep people posted. What's your read on Kary now?

I didn't AtE, I stopped the Swiss banter because of already stated reason. What's your point with this? I made my scum-reads clear, I have even stated what I disliked about them.

#HBC | ѕoup

Wut.

I was over-pursuing Kary? Damn. You're going to have to explain this because I don't know how one goes about "over-pursuing" a read. I didn't even focus very much attention on Kary at all, it's just relevant to me because there's lots of content that I should be getting reads from that is pulling me in both directions. When did I appear as though I had a problem with Kary more than others have? You're reaching.
Vote: Kantrip

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why would my wall have made no difference? It wasn't all directed at Kary. Have YOU read anything I'VE posted? Town lean on Kary at the moment was amongst it.

The AtE was "man I hate how I can never try something new everyone always jumps when their meta doesn't match". Not calling you scum for it by the way, I saw the same thing from you in Awkward Moments so I know it's natural for you to **** when your experiments go awry.

Top Bottom