• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wall - Game End.... no one wins?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The way you worded this question implies you think we aren't scum.Is this true?
Pretty sure I said you're scum. I was asking you for a hypothetical scumteam; i.e. who you would want. Who did you get?

Reason for kantrip vote?
nope

You claim July is buddying No Hetero.
yeah I did; and Seph, but I didn't say it was incriminating. Town can buddy too. Maybe I stretched what July did but I didn't say it was scummy.

soupy, you're a bit static, haven't really seen you scumhunt yet. you're just droppin' reads and idle commentary and ****
vote kary
weird train of thought?

As for a few more votes on me being peachy, it's none of your business why do you care?
uhhh say what? yeah i'm going to help you in your wincon when I don't know your alignment. seems reasonable to me :ohwell:

Kary and Inferno aren't scum together.
bingo

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@watchthethrone: macman and inferno are town y/n?

@july: who do you like best so far, seph or raziek?

@no hetero: how does soup v kantrip read to you? t v t? s v t?

@jtb: read on soup please

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote-Count 1-5

Ragnarock(Soup) (4) - JTB, Sephiroths Masamune, Kantrip, Handorin
Kary (3) - July, WatchedTheThrone, No Hetero
Kantrip (1) - Ragnarock

Not Voting (5): Raziek, Macman, FullMetalLynch, Inferno, Kary

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Friday, July 27th at 3:00 p.m. EST

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Puzzle #2

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _

A letter has been guessed...

it is incorrect!

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
@no hetero: how does soup v kantrip read to you? t v t? s v t?
reads ntciamg v ntciamg along with everyone in this game who isnt named seph or nabe to me

(needs to cannonball into a meat grinder)

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
boytoy*

macman

can you please give me a pool of 3 players you think are likely scum?

Kantrip

Kantplay
uhhh say what? yeah i'm going to help you in your wincon when I don't know your alignment. seems reasonable to me :ohwell:

bingo
I didn't say you had to, but what are you going to do? Make sure no one votes for me and let me live until endgame? It seems like that's more dangerous to do when you don't know my alignment than voting me, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I feel like Kary's just throwing out random questions from a hat now.

Vote: Kary

By the way Ryker I get recruited via Night Kill jsyk

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
whats the point of comments like your last line in the above post kantrip?

vote july
fos watchthethrone

Kantrip

Kantplay
It depends on how people take it. If Ryker realizes that I know he's scum due to my role PM telling me so and that I am being straight-out honest with him I may get recruited right under town's noses. Since it doesn't seem like he got the crumb on his own.

At the same time, I track reactions to this kind of blatantly ******** phrase, and while people are saying "that's too ****ing stupid to be legit" or whatever they may say, I'm getting stuff out of them.

In this case I just really need to be recruited into the mafia before N3. Individual win-cons, you know?

July

Smash Apprentice
Soup v. Kantrip was actually quite anticlimactic once I read through it. Not much substance, I liked this post from Soup:

Oh my god, that paragraph is nasty as hell. Allow me to tell you why you're scum.

Your attitude and reaction to one slight statement by FML is terrible, you get defensive over one point and then try to justify your own reasoning, stating that you "Didn't even focus much attention to Kary at all" and "When did I appear as though I had a problem with Kary more than others have?" This is a blatant contradiction, it's nasty, and you're scum.

I have. Okay, cool.

So you call me out in an offensive manner and **** an attitude with me and then get defensive once again once I fight back? A lot to dislike right now.
But that was the only thing that stood out to me as a good point. So I liked Soup slightly more than Kantrip coming out of it but it didn't do anything groundbreaking for me in terms of reads.

nah i'm pretty sure I said 'how do people feel about it' not 'guys we should all own up to our wallposts' so, uh, no?
That's true, you didn't outright say that. It's the intent that I get from you, that you were trying to make owning up to the wall posts an option even though there were clearly rolecrumbs there and ways that town can and probably have or will use the anonymity of the wall to their benefit.

uhhh. yes. I'll rephrase that question as 'you're scum and will try and lynch me Y/N?'
You seem to write this off BUT:

The way you worded this question implies you think we aren't scum.Is this true?
That's two questions addressed to people as if you know their alignment/know that their alignment is different than yours :-/

you're right, I didn't ask. I don't think what you like about them is relevant to whether you're buddying. interesting you didn't mention Seph in this reply

welp you got me good game
Not going to argue over whether it's buddying or not because it's a stupid conversation that will digress into "uh huh" and "nuh uh". Why am I supposed mention Seph with this exactly?

"Kary said:
Fair enough, probably watchthethrone. Can you explain the purpose to it now please?

I'll read the Soup v. Kantrip in the morning because it looks like a pain to read now.[/quotee]

I'd rather not.
Just fyi that quote was from me, not Kary, and kk.

You keep doing what you're doing, babe. I agree with the sentiment but not the suggestion.
toodles
:woman: my only question is what changed from this post, to here:

vote july
fos watchthethrone

vote july
fos watchthethrone
@july: who do you like best so far, seph or raziek?
I like Seph better so far, he's trying to take charge and lead town and I like that coming from him. I also like that he's being very open/transparent with his thoughts, it feels genuine to me. Raziek is null, don't remember him doing much yet toDay.

It depends on how people take it. If Ryker realizes that I know he's scum due to my role PM telling me so and that I am being straight-out honest with him I may get recruited right under town's noses. Since it doesn't seem like he got the crumb on his own.

At the same time, I track reactions to this kind of blatantly ******** phrase, and while people are saying "that's too ****ing stupid to be legit" or whatever they may say, I'm getting stuff out of them.

In this case I just really need to be recruited into the mafia before N3. Individual win-cons, you know?
Not sure if serious

You admit that you said it for reaction testing, which makes the whole point of saying it, being to get genuine reactions from people, completely irrelevant. You could also be traitor and be telling the truth, although I do tend to lean towards the philosophy that this kind of thing is too dumb to be legit.

I dislike Kary and Kantrip both but I only have one vote ;-;

Staying with Kary for now on the presumption that Kantrip is just being dumb.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
July, hon.

Would you mind doing a brief summary of WatchTheScums play?

Peace & pikachu
~ttfn :woman:

July

Smash Apprentice
Strange, I said I'm looking at reactions and yet I still got one from you that I can use.

Julyscum
Not now, but once you get some more reactions/if you get any more reactions that you can "use", explain what you think you got from mine.

@No Hetero, sure, I'll reread them now and post my summary before I sleep

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
Might want to wait a second before wasting your time, I heard their next album bout to drop realll soon!

July

Smash Apprentice
Might want to wait a second before wasting your time, I heard their next album bout to drop realll soon!
Oh wells, didn't take me long to reread anyways:

Yo Seph, why are there fourteen wall writings when there are only thirteen players listed?
Yo, real talk. I want to shoot whoever made the mafia traitor wall post.

If that's a doublevoter crumb I spy, then gimmie gimmie.

I expect you to be absolutely irrelevant, FML.

Whoever posted that youtube link has great ****ing taste. They must be dripping swag.
Yo, I hear what you're sayin, and I'ma let you finish, but that's none of your business. I want that mafia traitor wall post to be claimed, but what else do you need to see?
I agree with WTT a lot more than I do with Kary over the wall and how to approach it. They approached the wall with what I see as a much more town intent than Kary did and looked for information to draw from it that could help town while also trying to maintain the benefits to town of anonymity.

Swag, crisis averted.

Kary can burn. Seph's a bro. Soup's town lean. Hando's gonna actually play for us. Raz is gonna follow me to hell and back.

Vote Kary

Where's the hard body crew when you need to see an *** kickin?
Agree with the bolded. Would be interested in seeing their updated read on Soup and more on their reads on Hando and Raz though because I don't remember either player doing very much.

What the hell you doin Raz? Don't go and let me down.
I promised that it's you and me who's gonna run this town.

Your gonna have to up the pace to run even with us.
Ask your questions, play the game, and soon you'll have my trust.

A Kary vote that you could make is one I couldn't hate.
So go ahead bro, make my day and give me that "damn straight."
Seph's done that **** before. I like it. He's growing a backbone. The guy is on the way to gold.
Once again, I agree with their reads on Kary/Seph. So far I like their reads and what intent I see from them wrt the wall. Want to see more from them which seems to be coming soon, but right now they're leaning town for me. Why do you have a scum read on them?

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
We'll see if you turn out to be the BIG, bad, aggressive man you've promised to be, boy-o's.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Oh wells, didn't take me long to reread anyways:

I agree with WTT a lot more than I do with Kary over the wall and how to approach it. They approached the wall with what I see as a much more town intent than Kary did and looked for information to draw from it that could help town while also trying to maintain the benefits to town of anonymity.

Agree with the bolded. Would be interested in seeing their updated read on Soup and more on their reads on Hando and Raz though because I don't remember either player doing very much.

Once again, I agree with their reads on Kary/Seph. So far I like their reads and what intent I see from them wrt the wall. Want to see more from them which seems to be coming soon, but right now they're leaning town for me. Why do you have a scum read on them?
My! I did spit out some of my latte after choking on it, dearie. Town can only hope you do not react so quickly.

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
WTT HeadCombination Activate!

Looks like we're going to be doing a read list for you guys! How lucky are you that we would bring the game to light so quickly!

Scummy McCanDyersons

Handorin: Hey man, thank you for coming into the game with the single most scummy post that we've seen in this game. Your reads list does nothing but appease the power players in the game by calling them town and potentially buddying the players you know in this game. We also would like to point out your read of S v S is one of those reads that serves only to benefit mafia players because you don't have to delve into your reads all that particularly and helps to set-up mislynches on players later in the game. Thankfully with our inactive rule having each post of yours counting for a lot more then a normal post we award this read list -1,000,000 points and subtract 50 points from Ravenclaw.

Kary: Your play continues to reek of scummyness but at least you're trying to contribute and it makes your slot easier and easier to read and draw connections from. However it doesn't excuse you from your play thus far consisting of fielding easy questions and trying to appease No Hetero and soups slot by answering questions without delving to far into a strong stance here or there.

Also thanks for continuing to direct y/n questions at us about undervoiced and/or inactive players, I'm sure they pose to give you a lot of information about the slot/ the game.

Scummy O'Leanersons

Macman: Dude, looks like you might have forgotten where you are in this game. Since thus far you've only given us a google search on the best way to play Hangman we've decided that you think you're in another version of The Escape. You've avoided playing mafia thus far this entire game. You've not posted a read, an opinion on a slot, or even tried to enter the game. I know you suffer from inactivity but it's no excuse to refuse to play the game while lurking for the puzzles. If you would like us to show you the way out continue to just puzzle play.. otherwise we're going to need you to start playing the game.

Kantrip- Can't read this slot, haven't cared enough to otherwise. Maybe I could be convinced to read this whole Soup Kantrip soap opera but I've seen enough of those in my day to really want to do it.. someone tell me if it's worth it or not.

Hey Kantrip while I've got your attention, why don't you show me your top two scumpicks and why? I want some reasoning btw, and maybe a couple of quotes for what you're reading into. Make sure it's worth our time btw we don't have time for lazy students.

No Hetero (marshy/nabe)- Marshy, Marshy the beacon of my life, how are you letting your other head even insinuate that WTT could be scum? Aren't we supposed to be number one bros? And don't tell me you've forgotten about the hardbody crew, we might need to call that in soon. Don't waste brain cells on silly things like that.

If I gave you a gun with the condition that you could only shoot Kantrip with it, how quick do you pull the trigger?

WatchTheThrone- New Album dropping July 20th 2012

Sephiroths Masamune- Our fearless leader, you've departed from us and left your soldiers to sort of mill about. We need you around again and we're hoping to have you go further in on something:

"The probable answer, however, is easily deducted upon closer inspection. Overswarm noted that the wall can be affected by abilities. It is likely that the person who made the traitor crumb has the ability to write multiple times, and simply used that to his advantage. "

You know our reasoning on this, but we want you to further elaborate on why you're so sure that it would be the traitor that can write twice on the wall.

Inferno- Hey man we don't have much of where you're at in this game so you get two fun questions! The first one being what exactly is your stance on Kary vs July and after you finish elaborating on that and maybe even quoting some of the suspect lines that led you to your findings. As for your second one, of the playerlist name 2 players you would take to Lylo with you and why you want them there.

Raziek- Having your first day jitters again bro? I'm glad you finally decided to unvote your RVS vote seven pages into the game but we need you to start playing the game. I know you need help looking into a game so help us help you and in return scratch your backs as well. What's your opinion on soup vs Kantrip? I want you to read it and let us know if there is anything important there and what it is.

And how about the Wall, anything you've read on it that just comes out and strikes you as something that you need to talk about?

Any reason theres 14 posts and 13 players that hasn't been touched upon yet?

Soup- Hey man glad to see you're rolling with us, now that we've evalutated a little more on our Kary read and shown you the light on Hando, we're convinced that we've got at LEAST 1 of 2 scum in those players and see no reason to move our vote from one of the two, What wagon are you feeling the most..

The Kary wagon has some steam but we're not feeling the company on it anymore what with it's passangers being a little smelly.

The Hando wagon seems really roomy, and he also is home to what WE believe to be the worst post in the game.

JTB- Hey man we just wanted to congratulate you on what we can only assume to be the gamewinning post coming from you next. Since you must have been thinking about this game from the moment you've placed your RVS vote down until now I'm sure you have the wall and the scumteam entirely figured out. A personal congratulations is in order and we'd love to hear what you have to say about The Wall in general. Any reason Seph is so confident that the traitor had to have wrote that post?

Wow that was such a lovely tracklisting wasn't it?

As for the non-voters we're going to assume you forgot how to vote and aren't just sitting on your thumbs so remember its B in brackets and then a Vote: Name, and then backslash B in brackets. If we have to come back into this game and still see people sitting on a towns most valuable option we're going to get rather upset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37VucWh06Y

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Did you catch where Kantrip knows you're scum somehow and just straight up role-crumbed? Doubtful he would push an issue like that as scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Unless he was speaking some bull**** hypothetical that I cba to look into, apparently you're scum somehow and he can get recruited by you; it's late.

#HBC | ѕoup

If we're gonna talk about relevant wagons while i'm here, I could cozy up to Handorin.

The people on July are gonna have to explain to me why's she's scum, I actually think she rolled town this time.

#HBC | ѕoup

I forgot I had a posting restriction for this game too, multi-posts are the cool thing nowadays.

Oh, I forgot about FML too, he can still die in a fire.

#HBC | ѕoup

*looks at* Player list:

1. Handorin (Scummy)
2. Kantrip (Dummy)
3. Macman (Who?)
4. No Hetero (marshy/nabe) (Nully)
5. Ryker/Kevin (Towny?)
6. Kary (Null lean scum.)
7. Sephiroths Masamune (Who?)
8. July (Town. What the ****, people.)
9. FullMetalLynch (rake/orbo) (Scummy)
10. Inferno (Loves playing with Riddles over playing the actual game.)
11. Raziek (Who?)
12. Soup (Yo.)
13. JTB (Who?)

FML/Hando seems good right now, might swing FML first though because of personal reasons. Gonna sleep on it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I feel like Kary's just throwing out random questions from a hat now.

Vote: Kary

I can respect your vote and FoS by the way. Solid stuff. July wagon?

Vote July
Cold feet? You were on Kary for a second and then hopped on July in your second post. Explain.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
*looks at* Player list:

1. Handorin (Scummy)
2. Kantrip (Dummy)
3. Macman (Who?)
4. No Hetero (marshy/nabe) (Nully)
5. Ryker/Kevin (Towny?)
6. Kary (Null lean scum.)
7. Sephiroths Masamune (Who?)
8. July (Town. What the ****, people.)
9. FullMetalLynch (rake/orbo) (Scummy)
10. Inferno (Loves playing with Riddles over playing the actual game.)
11. Raziek (Who?)
12. Soup (Yo.)
13. JTB (Who?)

FML/Hando seems good right now, might swing FML first though because of personal reasons. Gonna sleep on it.
No.

Do NOT give me this ****ing bull**** awful garbageass piece of **** post.

Don't come in here and act like I'm ******** for disliking July. This is like Skies where I said Gorf was scum and you tossed my suspicion for wrong reasons.

Don't come in here and act like the Throne hydra is town for making a big reads post where all he does is take a **** on half the playerlist and everyone will inevitably slurp it up and rub it in their faces.

Don't come in here with an awful reads list which isn't even a real reads list and gives Town nothing.

So are you scum or have you really failed this hard at learning anything?

#HBC | ѕoup

No.

Do NOT give me this ****ing bull**** awful garbageass piece of **** post.

Don't come in here and act like I'm ******** for disliking July. This is like Skies where I said Gorf was scum and you tossed my suspicion for wrong reasons.

Don't come in here and act like the Throne hydra is town for making a big reads post where all he does is take a **** on half the playerlist and everyone will inevitably slurp it up and rub it in their faces.

Don't come in here with an awful reads list which isn't even a real reads list and gives Town nothing.

So are you scum or have you really failed this hard at learning anything?
No, I'm not saying you're ********, I'm saying that I disagree.

No, that's not the reason at all, his reads are pretty close to mine, however his Handorin pargraph is a huge stretch and his points weren't something that made me go "yea this is what I get from Hando." What I got from Hando is that he jumped on a huge wagon and posted a couple of reads, I didn't care if he was appealing towards the bigger players by calling them town, I don't understand why it would even matter. Point about Hando is that his first post was bad, and that's something I agree with. Why's WTT on your hit-list?

Yeah, I admit that, but this game has been really boring to me as far as now goes, I literally don't see anything that would take me a good wall post to flesh out on.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
kary why'd you call me town in you 202?

now when you flip scum everyone'll think i'm scum too

:urg:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@nohetero

raz is most likely scum

also can easily see kary being scum.

i feel like theres something to look into regarding july tho ive only skimmed july & kary's back and forth so i don't really have much to go on there

not sure how i feel about everyone else except some town/partial town reads

vote: raziek

early in the game people were criticizing soup for telling scum what to do...? where did he do that? i read through his posts before that point and didn't see any inclination of that

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
macman != play

raziek is indeed also an abomination who hopefully gets dayvigged

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
1. No, I'm not saying you're ********, I'm saying that I disagree.

2. No, that's not the reason at all, his reads are pretty close to mine, however his Handorin pargraph is a huge stretch and his points weren't something that made me go "yea this is what I get from Hando." What I got from Hando is that he jumped on a huge wagon and posted a couple of reads, I didn't care if he was appealing towards the bigger players by calling them town, I don't understand why it would even matter. Point about Hando is that his first post was bad, and that's something I agree with. Why's WTT on your hit-list?

3. Yeah, I admit that, but this game has been really boring to me as far as now goes, I literally don't see anything that would take me a good wall post to flesh out on.
1. I'm exaggerating, sure. But the way you tossed my dislike of july saying "wtf town july is town" makes it come off as such.

2. what the ****? you YOURSELF said hando didnt bother you RIGHT AFTER he hopped your wagon. also thrones readslist matching with you is irrelevant. you said that same nonsense with gorf in skies

3. yeah hopefully *****es start dying and a new age hardbody crew emerges

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
THE HERO RETURNS!

As far as the questions go, I'm on the fence. I could easily see the questions being the "down to business" part of this post while the rest is full of random crap. The thing is, I don't like the questions themselves. First one is ridiculous and a joke in and of itself. Second one is something I've seen other players do but it overall gives nothing. Third one is just taking a random two people and asking for a comparison.
My friend Kantrip, this doesn't look very on the fence to me.

Your response to Kary overall lines up with what I expect out of one of my comrades, though. Very well then, that can be incorporated into my plan.

Hetero , give me a reason to hammer.

Orbo will chew me out for doing it but he ain`t here.

Give me a solid reason and I will lay my hammer down
FullMetalLynch, is this what you're going to do?
No... No, it's okay. Heh. Hahahahahahaha. I can add this to my calculations.
FullMetalLynch, you are an enemy of justice!

I feel like Kantrip may have tried to over-pursue Kary, in order to appear to be having a problem with Kary, when in reality there wasnèt much to dislike beyond the owning up to wall posts thing which does not achieve anything IMO
Ahhh. It's becoming more clear now. Yes, yes I can see now.
Ahem.
My good friend FullMetalLynch, please enlighten me about Kantrip. Any comments towards him?

Announcement to July and Kary: Please stop bickering. I don't want two of my subordinates arguing when there is justice to be served!

Macman, it is good to see you! I've missed you during a large part of this operation. It is, however, off-putting that you took that time to return. Do you have any further comments? ( ~#260)

vote kary
My friend, don't you remember our last mission together? I do, and it leaves me to believe that Kary is a companion in justice.
Focus on the true problems, brother!

[collapse=Evidence]
Since it doesn't seem like he got the crumb on his own.
Interior crocodile alligator
This game has a mafia traitor
Amphibious reptilian dirigible
My slot is virtually unlynchable
[/collapse]
This all leads me to believe that Kantrip is actually a traitor, playing it obvious to alert his companions! This will not happen!
Vote: Kantrip

With regards to Watch The Throne, I hold a question that requires elaboration.
Why is Macman a scum lean while Inferno isn't?

WatchTheThrone said:
"The probable answer, however, is easily deducted upon closer inspection. Overswarm noted that the wall can be affected by abilities. It is likely that the person who made the traitor crumb has the ability to write multiple times, and simply used that to his advantage. "

You know our reasoning on this, but we want you to further elaborate on why you're so sure that it would be the traitor that can write twice on the wall.
Ha ha ha. That's simple, my friend.
Would you, as a traitor, write exactly that on the wall when a mass wallpost claim is possible? There must be some form of safety net. I have considered that I overestimate my opponent, but I rather believe I don't.

Soup is improving, but I do not like his suspects.

Inferno and Macman, I ask you both to give us more comments about the game. Handorin too.
Kantrip, you are going to tell us which wall post is yours.
Raziek, you need to get around to some requests left behind. Have your administration figured out, comrade.

Do not waver, brethren! Let's strike down justice on the puny heads of our enemies!
To battle!

Top Bottom