• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unity Ruleset: Discussion

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
what are the ones you are saying won't even be considered and why won't they be considered?

and i can't take it anymore. FD is not a cp. mayb for a few characters but for the most part it is a neutral stage. it always ever is/will be a starter. and if there is a 7 stage starter list, that reduces the arguement against it being a cp even more as it can be struck, oh wait it can always be struck.

NNID
Budget_Player
Dude, you are an extremist when it comes to stages. I refuse to debate with some one who wants FD as a CP or PS2/Distant planet(DP right?) as a starter....ROFL. You done eliminated yourself as a "logic" person long ago.
Delfino Plaza, actually. I didn't even bring up Distant Planet... It's another one of those "why is this banned again?" "Nobody likes it don't bring it up" stages.

And believe it or not, people are agreeing with me. Look, I know, in your views, FD is not a CP. Your views regarding starters are baseless and wrong. Please, tell me this: why is a stage that is:
-Drastically different from any other stage in the game
-A serious counterpick for half of the top tier characters
-banned in over 1/3rd of all MLG matches
Is a starter? Because it's static? Why? Tell me: what makes a stage a good starter? Please, tell me this, and then back it up somehow. Just something to convince me that a stage that is incredibly unique, a huge counterpick, and one of the most-banned stages ever should be a starter. It may seem like something you can dismiss out of hand... It isn't. Simply assuming "FD is a legit starter" is not a reasonable position to assume out of hand, because there's very, very little reason to hold it any more. FD is a hardcore counterpick.

Thats the good thing about this new ruleset. Its actually is gonna be used/already is used by many TOs. ALL of the major TOs who helped make it are now using it(thats already 10000000x more success than the BBR ruleset.....which literally NO ONE used[well, maybe you]) and since we are willing to make changes anytime we feel like it(we can update it every week if we need to) it will be picked up even more after every update.
Well yeah. That's the idea. That's why I didn't suggest anything that would prevent this from happening.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Let me just make sure I understand this correctly,

DDD can stand there and Down-throw, say DK, infinitely, but DK can't grab the ledge (a tactic that can actually be stopped) infinitely???

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Let me just make sure I understand this correctly,

DDD can stand there and Down-throw, say DK, infinitely, but DK can't grab the ledge (a tactic that can actually be stopped) infinitely???
to solve this we just need to make planking legal against people who can infinite you :troll: and not just DDD, every1 should have no lgl against diddy :troll:

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

EDIT: i read my troll post and actually see some logic.

but still, :troll:

Esca

Smash Champion
I think everyone on the BBR-RC should be extremely ashamed of themselves for creating such a childish ruleset.

This is why every other fighting community laughs at Smash.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@Everyone: Stop arguing for stages like Pipes, or Onett, or whatever. It's not going to get us anywhere, and it promotes the idea that we're not doing anything productive. Japes, larger starter lists, more stage bans, FD as CP, maybe even GG/Norfair. These are the things we can start to make a case for. But the rest... Just drop it. It's not helpful at all.
@Everyone:It's not going to get us anywhere, and it promotes the idea that we're not doing anything productive.
it promotes the idea that we're not doing anything productive
Sweeeeet irony.

People arguing for stages: Guys, stop arguing for stages like Onutt and Poops. They're as likely to get into the stage list as....absolutely everything you guys are saying is ********.

At what point do the mods stop coddling these infants, and start infracting for spam. Or trolling. Seriously. At what point do the mods or admins look at this thread, and then look at EVERY MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME, and realize that there's a certain group of people that spam the same nonsense that no one wants to here. I'm sure mods think that they have to let them talk since mods is actually code for 'mommy' and these kids need to be tit-fed, but seriously. Spam infracts. For everyone. Le's go! BPC needs to be first. He's as off topic as they come. If I went to any regional thread that wasn't my own, and started raging and calling people's PRs stupid, I'd be getting massive infracts. This is relatively the same. He's made his case, and then he futilely argues it w/ people that have no say, so much I have to skip multiple pages to pass all the OoC idiots and the low tier kids that agree w/ them because the good characters have good stages to choose from, and not janky ones even though the good characters are good characters....OF COURSE THEY'LL BE GOOD ON NON-INTERFERING STAGES SINCE THEY DONT RELY ON JANK TO WIN.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Delfino Plaza, actually. I didn't even bring up Distant Planet... It's another one of those "why is this banned again?" "Nobody likes it don't bring it up" stages.

And believe it or not, people are agreeing with me. Look, I know, in your views, FD is not a CP. Your views regarding starters are baseless and wrong. Please, tell me this: why is a stage that is:
-Drastically different from any other stage in the game
-A serious counterpick for half of the top tier characters
-banned in over 1/3rd of all MLG matches
Is a starter? Because it's static? Why? Tell me: what makes a stage a good starter? Please, tell me this, and then back it up somehow. Just something to convince me that a stage that is incredibly unique, a huge counterpick, and one of the most-banned stages ever should be a starter. It may seem like something you can dismiss out of hand... It isn't. Simply assuming "FD is a legit starter" is not a reasonable position to assume out of hand, because there's very, very little reason to hold it any more. FD is a hardcore counterpick.
Dude, if u give a pile of **** to the right person they can make it look like rainbows and butterflies. Its still **** though. Thats what you do. And since the overall public(and people in general) tend to follow the "one who sounds the best" thats why they support you. its not like they know any better. The brawl era is the era of lost common sense
thats why i wil not debate. They lost sight of/never understood the "basics"

NNID
Budget_Player
TBH I've really kind of given up on Xyro's ability to change his mind. Xyro is not a reasonable debater. When I provide strong logic for my position, this was his answer on AIM:

...Although to be fair, his post above pretty much summed it up. >.>

Reizilla

Yeah, guys. Brawl is like Street Fighter. WE need a flat stage. Basics. That's what fighting games are all about. Let's just forget all the logical stuff.

THE WAY IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN. Obviously, it's gotta be right.

Esca

Smash Champion
BPC, sadly you can't talk to Xyro. He's like an old man with his mind already made up. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
xyro or any1 who knows, is there a thread for in tourney sidegames? i came up with a great idea over the past 5 days ive been working on that i think would be a lot of fun for the guys around here since we don't really get to do crew battles. it's gonna be the main side event in my tourney series BATTLE ROYAL (which is also the name of the side event) that will abide by this ruleset and hopefully i can organize with you for getting acknowledged at the texas circuit idea dojo had.

Reizilla

to solve this we just need to make planking legal against people who can infinite you :troll: and not just DDD, every1 should have no lgl against diddy :troll:

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

EDIT: i read my troll post and actually see some logic.

but still, :troll:
I have come to the conclusion that Houston definitely puts something in their water :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dude, you are an extremist when it comes to stages. I refuse to debate with some one who wants FD as a CP or PS2/Distant planet(DP right?) as a starter....ROFL. You done eliminated yourself as a "logic" person long ago.
The fact you thought he ment Distant Planet shows your not think and auto assuming your right.

Fd as a CP, 7 stage list, and removing Pictochat are not unreasonable requests.

Thats the good thing about this new ruleset. Its actually is gonna be used/already is used by many TOs. ALL of the major TOs who helped make it are now using it(thats already 10000000x more success than the BBR ruleset.....which literally NO ONE used[well, maybe you]) and since we are willing to make changes anytime we feel like it(we can update it every week if we need to) it will be picked up even more after every update.
You could have easily done this under the BBR and imo could have worked out just fine, but not my call on that note.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Xyro is like, the rugged, playboy millionaire who made money giving people what they wanted. BPC is like, the hobo that holds 'THE END IS NIGH' sign and tries to warn humanity while still remaining repulsively hideous.

I <3 Xyro because he gives the people what they want since they give him money at tournaments and what they want doesn't have to be what they need since they're paying the bills.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Maharba, FD is a hardcore counterpick. I SAW THAT EDIT. Maybe you're not too "high-up" to discuss it? Why is FD not a counterpick stage?
i edited because i went back and read and realized i was looking at the wrong names for each post. i thought you were saying wat xyro said and thus thought it was hypocritical. saw my mistake and changed it.

im not saying that it's not a counter pick entirely. in my opinion it is both a starter and a counter pick.

i mean when we are not talking as if the whole world mains top tier, FD is a great and balanced stage. let's look at something like pit vs fox at FD as this is a MU i know. these characters both have a lot of benefits at FD, it gives fox hella mobility, it gives pit hella camp ability. in this scenario, FD is easily validated as a starter as it is an even battleground for them.

it becomes a CP when we start going into matchups like DDD vs (insert character). DDD can just get so much free damage off chaingrabbing that it is always (for the most part) his counter pick on people.

that's my opinion anyways

KageMurphy

Smash Master
The fact you thought he ment Distant Planet shows your not think and auto assuming your right.
Yeah Xyro, YOUR NOT THINK!!
Maharba, FD is a hardcore counterpick. I SAW THAT EDIT. Maybe you're not too "high-up" to discuss it? Why is FD not a counterpick stage?
Because it lacks hazards an void of any random bull****, only thing you have to worry about is tripping, and that's every stage!

NNID
Budget_Player
And JoWii is kind of like that heckler from the sidelines who is criticizing the queen's taste in clothes while having failed to notice that he forgot his pants and boxers. Seriously man, post something productive or GTFO.

Uh... Yeah. What else... What do people think about japes?

EDIT: Ah, live topic crapped out.

@Kage: refer to basically any discussion I've ever had. Hazards really shouldn't matter. http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=88526 There ya go. Also, Temple. No hazards. Starter material? I DON'T THINK SO.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Oh god looooooool at your sig KageMurphy.

Legalize Japes.

Also, FD is logically CP material, but until we have 2 stage bans or RC/Brinstar banned, it's staying. Needs artificial MK nerfs.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Starter List
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Jungle Japes

2 stage bans
I see absolutely nothing wrong with doing this. Others could argue for PTAD, GG, YI:M, and the like for the CP list, but what I have above should be the bare minimum.

Edit: And also, I currently think BPC's being spot on with all of his reasoning.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Did you notice the "?" i put there? I wasnt sure if he meant distant or delphino. Either way, its dumb imo.

First one is totally out of the question. the other 2 i could see us talking about that.

You could have easily done this under the BBR and imo could have worked out just fine, but not my call on that note.
Ive been in the BBR. Its not that simple.

Xyro is like, the rugged, playboy millionaire who made money giving people what they wanted. BPC is like, the hobo that holds 'THE END IS NIGH' sign and tries to warn humanity while still remaining repulsively hideous.

I <3 Xyro because he gives the people what they want since they give him money at tournaments and what they want doesn't have to be what they need since they're paying the bills.
They dont pay my bills(though it would be nice)

And yes i am a playboy millionaire.

Esca

Smash Champion

You're stupid as ****.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
japes is a completely fair stage. it gives a lot of characters more options in combat. plus for characters that have a hard time getting vertical kills but not horizantal if the blast zones were closer sideways, it gives them the edge they don't ever really get to have against those vertical based killers because this is like one of the few stages that forces that role reversal of who has the easier time getting the kill.

well i gotta go to work, i hope when i come back japes is legal lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
I'm not trolling at all, you can't false infract can you? That should be an infraction.

Here's an idea: Why doesn't SWF implement a Citizens Infraction? Sorta like a Citizens arrest but you do it to the cops in the forums.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
And JoWii is kind of like that heckler from the sidelines who is criticizing the queen's taste in clothes while having failed to notice that he forgot his pants and boxers. Seriously man, post something productive or GTFO.
I'll leave when you leave. I'm being as productive as you are since you're doing very, VERY, VVEEEEERRRRY, little in this thread other than spamming the same bs you allllllllllway spam, and I'm trying to read through this thread to see if there's anything WORTH reading. We're both occupying space, and I suppose we both have a right to be here, but if you disagree w/ an american ruleset, then I'm going to defend it since I'm the one going to the tournament and you aren't.

I'm more like the magazine CEO making millions pointing out the stupid things C-listers like YOU are posting in a colorful, ad filled magazine. And that magazine has an A-lister like Xyro on the cover saying something attention grabbing like 'And Xyro still doesn't give a ****, but read more to find out about his secret relationship with Jessica Alba!'.

I'll end up making a bunch off it, and while I'm at it, I get some lulz.

Edit: I see the red Ryu ninja'd me. How very government of him to post that while I'm not looking. Post de facto? :[ Probably not.

Reizilla

JoWii, alls I got to say is, trolling or not, and I hope you are, that was mad dumb, bro.

And get Pokefloats on this list.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
So Snake doesn't have enough legal stages.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM.

HOWEVER CAN WE FIX THAT?
What stages that arent already legeal, can be legalized to allow Snake to have an advantage on MK. The only one that comes to mind is Green Greens.

And going for anything more is greedy and counterproductive, as it'll get people to stop paying attention to us. Hell, even just 7 starters and dropping picto is an improvement.
I agree with this

What made you guys decide on 18 and 13 (MK) for the LGL in the one stock re-match?
I'd also like to know this.

All right, just for continuancy's sake, here's a list of things that are almost universally considered (logically almost) improvements and that stand a chance of being implemented without people going on strike:
using a 7-starter (add PS1/CS)
This is the only thing I really see wrong with this. I'm not too interested in the Picto chat debate. i think a 7 stage starter is a reasonable compromise. I'm fine with 9 also, but with the current 5, PS1 > FD imo.

To be fair to Xyro. He did Listen to Rich Brown after Whobo 3 right?

You're stupid as ****.
:joyful: this thread is ****

Serious question tho.

Will I want to know the geographical influence of this ruleset. If tourneys outside the USA do not obey this ruleset, what happens. Do our tourneys not count? Are they not stickied?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Pictochat is like FD except it has a good number of ******** hazards, I'd be okay with seeing it removed for Japes as a test run in tournaments with this rule set, that could yield some interesting results and feedback. Nothings permanent so it be good to see which of the two is more well received.

I'm not trolling at all, you can't false infract can you? That should be an infraction.

Here's an idea: Why doesn't SWF implement a Citizens Infraction? Sorta like a Citizens arrest but you do it to the cops in the forums.
Because none of the staff want to go through the likely ******** amount of Citizen infractions to see what's legit and what's not? Terrible idea sir, just terrible.

Gea

Smash Master
I have issues with how inconsistent modding is on these forums as well, but I don't think this topic is the place to crusade.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
JoWii, alls I got to say is, trolling or not, and I hope you are, that was mad dumb, bro.

And get Pokefloats on this list.
Reported bro.

I'm not trolling. And I'm not even sure what you're referring to, but I'll just report it and let 'mom' do her job.

:>

Edit: Gea, it's sooooo simple. If someone has something to say, and there are no explicits, or use of mean words towards people, mods don't care. It doesn't matter if that person is saying something incredibly stupid like 'LAWLZORZ FD SHUD B CPeeee', as long as they're not being mean to anyone. :D

Top Bottom