• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Both my laptop and my phone went bust. Plus the electricity went out earlier.

And I view hiring managers as antagonistic figures.
What a life I lead.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
The mobile data on my phone isn't working(idk why), and the internet at home keeps coming and going. Its too exhausting for me to even feel frustrated at this point.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
Doing some late night homework when suddenly hit with a crushing wave of sadness. I've never had this happen to me before and I hope it goes away by tomorrow.

I guess school is really getting to me...

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Doing some late night homework when suddenly hit with a crushing wave of sadness. I've never had this happen to me before and I hope it goes away by tomorrow.

I guess school is really getting to me...
Is the homework that important? Like it due tomorrow?

If not, I'd just take a break or go to bed. Don't over stress yourself. Yknow?

It's what I do when college work got me overwhelmed.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
Is the homework that important? Like it due tomorrow?

If not, I'd just take a break or go to bed. Don't over stress yourself. Yknow?

It's what I do when college work got me overwhelmed.
Heh, I don't even think I can blame school for this to be honest, I had a whole month to do this work.

But you are right, if it can be done tonight it can be done tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Heh, I don't even think I can blame school for this to be honest, I had a whole month to do this work.

But you are right, if it can be done tonight it can be done tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.
Lol but remember procrastinating is what got you into to this mess. Make sure to actually do it tomorrow(Today!)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's lucky I'm super smart and talented.

I always procrastinate. I'm super lazy

But I always think of something REALLY good at the last moment. Something good enough to get an A, A+ (Sometimes) at least

sandcastle

Smash Rookie
I want a college degree but im forced to drop out because of financial aid issues. ive been to 3 colleges so far and still havent found what it is i want in my life. since the summer of 2013 the only consistent thing i have is smash.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm almost failing math, I have no job/work experience, I'm probably the worst student in my entire chem class, and one of my dogs literally just died right now. I feel like taking a long nap and never waking up.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Feels like the past 2 weeks almost everything I like or enjoy is just trying to bring me down so low into the ground I'd be living in the earth's core.
Something good happening when?

I also feel like part of the problem with the world when I speak my opinion and "complain" about my problems or what's on my mind, SO posting in this thread I feel like a failure. Ahhhhhhh

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Feel like I have to accomplish so much so quickly without the adequate resources. I would have expected myself to fall into despair and feel like I want to die by now, but thankfully I'm not(yet)

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I was so looking forward to an epic gaming party tonight only to have it cancelled because someone is having a going away party that everyone is apparently going to. I wish people would actually coordinate their plans more properly. I can't tell if I'm extremely disappointed or mad.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
I "think" I might have PTSD.

Reasons:

Nasty nightmares about certain "bad" experiences I've had.

Random moments where I'd like "day dream" or whatever its called, over "stuff".

This one time about 2 years ago I guess I had a panic attack? Was reading this one article and started feeling sick that I passed out in class and got sent to the hospital.

Im probably overthinking this, but I've been feeling this way for a few years now. So... Idk...

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Informed tonight that a customer I saw two days ago passed away since. Said prayer for her husband with some co-workers.

Gosh that sucks. I can't imagine what it must feel like experiencing the death of your wife.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
My skin is screaming at me, I have my favorite brand of Johnny walker unopened and perfect to be tasted. **** liquor

It makes my schizophrenia worse but so does lack of sleep. It gets to feel normal to see things run up on You trying to tear out Your lungs and I feel like I have lives happening at once and it's hard tell which one is real and to stay calm like everything is fine when I see flesh melting and can smell it rotting.

I'm harmless but it's not fun, it numbs You from what's real.

In spring I can get on driving semis with coke and it's my chance to open up schooling choices, I've saved up nearly 20 grand on my own and I could try to be transferred to a college town, maybe I'll get on with Pepsi or whatever gets me closest , I have a great track record.

I gotta find love or power. I'm obsessed with pleasing people

YerroBryBry

Smash Cadet
NNID
YerroBryBryy
I'm glad I found this thread because I needed a place to vent how I felt about today. My grades in college are kinda eh right now along with me just not knowing what to do career wise. This girl I thought I hit it off with just randomly stopped replying to me so that kinda sucks. I like to play Smash as a way to feel better but after getting bodied by all my friends during the past week, I've been considering dropping my main because I'm just so prone to SDs and it's taking a toll on my mentality when playing.

I feel like I don't know where to go in any aspect of my life right now; be it love, work, or hobbies. My job sucks in both the work and pay because I get so few hours and a lot of work to do during that time. I'm almost constantly broke and I've been wanting to move out for a while now. Going on 21 soon and I'm on the no girlfriend train. As an added bonus I'm essentially the only virgin in my friend group which is kind of a trivial thing to be upset about but when you find yourself fifth/seventh-wheeling with your buddies and their girls it really eats away at your self-esteem. Gets worse when some of my buddies start exchanging sex stories. God I hate that feeling so much!

So there's that.
Hey man.

So I read up on your circumstance and I gotta say, I have quite a bit of sympathy for you, as I've pretty much experienced quite a few things you have listed as well. For starters my college grades aren't as exceptional as my peers- in fact I'm actually repeating a year while all of my friends are moving on. I always find myself broke as well, but I myself lie in a limbo between job and studying, because one provides for short term, other for long term. I myself have a REALLY hard time talking and engaging with girls, because in the end I'd shy away or someone else would take the competition away for that specific person.

I think I got a few advices that you might be able to take on, but who knows? There will always be that factor that we're different individuals. The first advice I want to say is simply to put focus on yourself- don't compare yourself to others. Does it really matter that you're the only virgin in your group? In my eyes not really. It doesn't make up for the good aspects about you, such as potentially your personality or how much effort you put in for others. I'd say you can have a laugh with your friends with their sex stories, but at the end of the day, you need to keep your head up and fulfill your intentions.

My second advice would be to get priorities straight. If you're not satisfied with your job because of its effort/reward ratio, then try and find another one! If you want to pursue in better education, then you're gonna have to dedicate some time for that. Love life shouldn't really be at the top of the list in my opinion, because you need to supply for yourself and for your family first.

Thirdly, if you're suffering from loneliness or another negative emotion, then you could always seek families and friends for advice. All it takes is one question and sometimes they'll provide you the answer you need to get past the emotional wall. If your families and friends are not there for you, you've always got me man. Just PM me if you're feeling even worse, or just to update how you are doing. I can always try to help you to an extent of social support. Last but not least, you got yourself. Families, friends and people in your circle on makes up for social aspects. You pretty much make up for every other factor, that being physical and psychological. You got what it takes to find what drives you in life, I believe in you. :)

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
For some reason, I cannot find my game storage that stored 2 3DS games and 4 DS games. Yet I don't even remember the last time when and where I put the game storage. The lack of my carelessness of taking care of my video games is starting to kill me. I hope I will find it before I eventually move out to another apartment next year. Otherwise, I might be mistaken of throwing my game storage away to the dumpster...

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Overheard my sister's conversation on the phone. She's been sick for days now, and the reason behind it is ****ing bronchitis. I'd be devastated, but she's lying down in front of me wide awake. She should be resting.

I literally don't know what the hell I'd do without her. She's always had my back through thick and thin, and has given me so much that I can't see myself ever claiming to be out of her debt. Like, christ. I've just begun the third chapter of my life, the one where I get back to doing my loved ones proud instead of being down in the dumps 24/7. And suddenly, this.

I know I may be overreacting. Yet the fact of the matter is, I thought I had gotten a grip. I stopped dwelling and started "doing." But this... how do I handle this?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Few days ago I made a facebook event page for my birthday because I wanted to celebrate it with friends. Invited 38 people before deciding I was too bored of going through my friends list to invite people. A few days later, only two people have responded saying they can't make it. No one else RSVPed or said no. Then I remembered the last time I tried organizing something, no one ever responded and I spent my birthday alone. I'm guessing the same thing will happen again. So now I'm unhappy because my birthday is unimportant...I'm assuming I'll spend it alone again this year and that my family will forget again. They always forget.

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
I was prepared to have another session of my (I'm the DM) DnD game today but only 3 could. Then one pulled off and we was left with two. We can't play with 2 platers, so I had to cancel. We haven't had any sessions in November and now it's Exam season so there won't be any other before new year. This REALLY destroyed my day! In addition, there's no Christmas calendars left I was supposed to buy and I'm having a lonely and depressed period (They come and go almost monthly). This is December all right!

♥Hoang

Smash Rookie
NNID
TwerkingOstrich
Few days ago I made a facebook event page for my birthday because I wanted to celebrate it with friends. Invited 38 people before deciding I was too bored of going through my friends list to invite people. A few days later, only two people have responded saying they can't make it. No one else RSVPed or said no. Then I remembered the last time I tried organizing something, no one ever responded and I spent my birthday alone. I'm guessing the same thing will happen again. So now I'm unhappy because my birthday is unimportant...I'm assuming I'll spend it alone again this year and that my family will forget again. They always forget.
you need better friends! happy birthday! youre birthday is important! people who cannot see that shouldn't be in your life. i wouldve sent you an ice cream cake cx whenever you feel that nobody cares for you, i care for you! even if i do not know you. =:) best wishes to you! :nervous:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bad, stressful day

I just feel like yelling at someone

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
you need better friends! happy birthday! youre birthday is important! people who cannot see that shouldn't be in your life. i wouldve sent you an ice cream cake cx whenever you feel that nobody cares for you, i care for you! even if i do not know you. =:) best wishes to you! :nervous:
It's still 16 days away. Thanks though. Saw a few people in person today and they said they might depending on plans for the holidays.

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
It's still 16 days away. Thanks though. Saw a few people in person today and they said they might depending on plans for the holidays.
I've had this happen to me two or three times, just remember that just because they missed your birthday party it doesn't necessarily mean they don't like you, hate you, or just forgot about you. Also keep in mind Facebook is a extremely impersonal way to invite people to a party. If you want people to come you call them, text them or tell them in person about it. Just my two cents and that might be the reason why that happened, sure it works sometimes but most of the time it doesn't. It's good you saw people in person and talked to them about it, keep doing that I'm sure some of them will go.

Look, life is rough and sometimes people aren't as attentive towards you and you might think they don't love you or hate you or whatever, but I can vouch that a lot of times that simply isn't true. Look this year my whole family is going on a Disney cruise and I'll be alone here in the little beautiful island I live in spending those days with whoever is there to see me on my birthday, maybe my friends or girlfriend can see me, maybe not, as they've as well missed my birthdays in the past and what not. But I can tell you this, I do know they do care about me and love me, even though they've forgotten my birthday and stuff, and if not, hey you have us in smashboards where we will for sure make you have a fun time in your birthday.

Add me on Wii U or 3DS if you wanna play sometime, I'll make time to play with you!

D

Deleted member

Can someone give me advice or something? This is really bothering.

I have this friend whom I've known for over a year now. We used to hang out a lot but now we don't. She never bothers to text me anymore and never asks to hang out like she used to. She tells me it's because she's busy but her Facebook and Instagram tell me otherwise. I see pictures of her and her other friends saying stuff like, "so glad I got to see this pretty girl today!" She never does that with me. And to make matters worse, a few weeks ago she did a shout out to all her friends on Facebook and she didn't include me in it. She used to view me as a good friend but I think she sees me as a nuisance now because she acts like it's such a chore whenever I text her and she never wants to hang out with me anymore. Does she just not like me anymore? If so, I didn't do anything wrong. I'm starting to think she's a 'fair weather' friend. Like she only wants to hang out with me when no one else can, it's like I'm her last resort or something.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel sick

First time blow my nose. It's a horrible yellow color. Apparently it's that color because of white blood cells

Second time blow my nose. It's a bright red color. I'm betting that's because of red blood cells.

Thank you web MD...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got a strike at work today

It's my second strike

Kind of funny I went 5 years there without a single strike, and this year I got 2

I got a strike due to my uniform. Apparently I haven't been following the dress code properly

Apparently it was better for them to NOT tell me I was wearing it wrong (Y'know, so I could fix it) and just give me a strike after a year of wearing it wrong.

One more strike and I'm fired.

Honestly, at this point is that REALLY a bad thing?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really wish my step father didn't "whisper" things like: "Idiot, ******, etc" EVERY time he passes by my room

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The only things my mom ever wants to talk about with me are what my future plans are and how fat I am. Apparently I need to have everything figured out by the age of 25 including what kind of job I will have that makes more than what I'm currently making and finding a girlfriend. *sigh*

Aife

Smash Apprentice
Can someone give me advice or something? This is really bothering.

I have this friend whom I've known for over a year now. We used to hang out a lot but now we don't. She never bothers to text me anymore and never asks to hang out like she used to. She tells me it's because she's busy but her Facebook and Instagram tell me otherwise. I see pictures of her and her other friends saying stuff like, "so glad I got to see this pretty girl today!" She never does that with me. And to make matters worse, a few weeks ago she did a shout out to all her friends on Facebook and she didn't include me in it. She used to view me as a good friend but I think she sees me as a nuisance now because she acts like it's such a chore whenever I text her and she never wants to hang out with me anymore. Does she just not like me anymore? If so, I didn't do anything wrong. I'm starting to think she's a 'fair weather' friend. Like she only wants to hang out with me when no one else can, it's like I'm her last resort or something.
I know this is quite a bit late, but I felt like I should respond to this give I do this to people unintentionally. I don't know if she outright dislikes you (that's a pretty bold statement to make.) However the sudden avoidance usually does signify something is the matter. It's not necessarily malice though, y'know?

When I say "I'm busy" constantly to someone, that usually has a two-fold meaning, its not just about me being "busy with life", as in, there's to much for me to do. Usually my business stems from that...And my own emotions. "busy" is usually synonymous for "I'm feeling kind of bad lately and overthinking things, and because of that I tend to miss my social responsibilities with everyone else." Its not out of ill-intent, but when you get overwhelmed by that you can start cutting off social conversations and previous tendencies you used to do, which of course can alienate people.

And since I wanna be truthful to you, yes, it probably does indeed mean something is not working in your relationship with her. The weaker threads in the social chain start getting cut first, even unconsciously. However usually things that cause this can be temporary, if you can get her to open up about whats bothering her in the relationship then that could be the best thing to do. Just remember the rules:
Keep it respectful and don't act overtly jealous. Even if the jealously is justified, its very rarely appreciated even when its light and in relationships, let alone in a friendship. If you have to tell her how you feel in regards to that make sure its after she opens up to you, as the admittance of jealously can cause the person to back-away as to not want to bother dealing with the emotional crap; even if its their emotional crap that's causing it in the first place.

And of course, never make her or yourself take full responsibility unless she admits it first. Its a logical fallacy to presume anything is always in the middle, but when you've got limited data and you're working on trying to make her emotionally open to you, its best to take this stance as to not seem assumptious about a persons position. On-top of that, not triggering the persons emotional defense mechanisms usually makes them more willing to listen to you. (Unless the subject itself triggers that defense.) Your objective is to get her to open up to you and reconsider your friendship, any need to make the arguments correct should be saved until after shes reopened up, after she's willing to listen and admit the blame herself. Emotions are icky, sticky subjects.

Of course, this is all assuming she's not doing it out of malice and she still sort of enjoys your presence, even if she feels a bit bored, annoyed, or depressed. This is by no means for sure accurate (lots of interpretations as valid as mine), and there's a point where a person just doesn't want to talk anymore, as painful as it is. Sometimes its shallow as hell and hurts but...Pushing for more can just make it hurt even more for both sides. Best to let it go and try not to let it get to ya. I can't draw that line for you so good luck.

man today I just couldn't sleep, on-top of pretty on and off anxiety about stuff and what people say. I've also got a dentist appointment and I hate that :<

Top Bottom