• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Last night while watching Fow's last match, my mom made me go to her room to talk. She kept telling me I need to get a girlfriend and that I am too old to not have one. She also wanted to set me up with some girl who is still in college, and asking about if there's anyone I still liked. She kept bugging me to find someone that's ethnically Chinese. She then told me that I need to stop wasting my time on video games. I missed Fow's set as Ness for her to complain and tell me what to do. >_>
Wow... Hopefully your mom realises that forcing a relationship is a bad idea.

Aife

Smash Apprentice
Man, I had a really bad state of vulnerability earlier. I feel much happier now, but back then I just...

Pent up anxiety+viewing of controversial "I'm offended" videos right snug right on-top of my mom calling me to guilt trip me about not coming to see grandma after trying to make her feel better all day...ended not so nicely for me...

I had an hour of basically complete vulnerability where I was in a constant state of discomfort and perpetual offendedness, and it was horrid lol I was even discomforted by the idea of wanting to be comforted, because i was anxious about choosing the right way to deal with my anxiety. Made me want someone so bad to just come up and slap sense into me, with a hug, cuddle, and possible head scratch for good measure. It never came, but i did some of what i wanted and something I didn't expect from someone...
So I'm satisfied.

Still feel somewhat vulnerable though. Blargh.

EDIT: well uh... I stand corrected.

Litterally as i typed that riza pulled me into a cuddle and started scratching me...

WeLp...

Last edited:

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
Kind of bored sometimes. Boredom is a real threat to me as it makes me think "unethically." I'm not entirely satisfied with myself as a person sometimes, so I get a recurring thought of just "re-rolling" myself into someone else. This usually goes away, but it bugs me from time to time.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well, turns out the new nuclear medicine program I wanted to apply for won't take the math course I've been upgrading for the past 3 month. So the money was for not. I have to upgrade another 2 math courses which will take a whole damn year. All because the damn goverment changed the curriculum my math became nullified and I have to upgrade again and again...oh its no longer free either, $500 an upgrade thanks government. Oh. I was gonna apply for another program that would have taken my math but I missed it by 2% (needed 86) despite telling my teacher that...he didnt care.

Ahh the continuing conundrum of the cesspool of my life. Nothing has been going right for a long time. No money, no car (although I do have a license now, the ONE single solitary beakon of a good even that has happened in years) no grades to apply to relavent subjects (see I'm trying to get into health care because by jove English is a dead end financial sink that ive been talked out of many times. Good call apparently, as I read the paper of a legion of journalists being laid off.) Yep. All of them require the highest math, despite me having exceeding grades everywhere else for the requirements. I wonder how many good doctors, nurses, or other professions we've lost due to a slightly below math mark. In my psych nursing, I used my math a total of 0 times. I can't wait to tell my parents that my maTh I upgraded was worthless because that specific school said in the fine print, despite it translating into the correct math in the official math system...not at my place! So now I'm barely working, trying to find full time work. I have little options, my only being going back to psych nursing that I failed out of due to social issues (but my wordcraft won my appeal so I got a w instead at least so I can return) but I don't have the social outgoingness to survive in it I feel (anY suggestions id like to change my personality from quiet to super duper outgoing please). I strive for a college career, I don't want to be stuck at my mediocre grocery part time job. I believe I am smart. I wish I could just be like my brother and have horrible grades but get into trades and make a butt load of cash. But I don't like trades, stupid me. I wish I could force myself to be outgoing, into trades and be happy with it. I can only become talkative when meeting a girl because I'm trying to find a girlfriend after being single so long. The only ones I seem to attract are the ones I don't connect/have interest in (love getting those "sup"" nm""lol" girls a lot with little to no personality. After 2 girls that were bountiful in personality before and cute, I can't go down.) Yep, no money for a car, debt from psych nursing, no real work, hardly any friends (most of them are into COD and weed and cars with no plans on college, the complete opposite ofcme which makes it hard to connect with them still) my parents are kinda disappointed in me I'm sure since I'm 21 with little progress made now sides from 1/4 years of an incomplete psych nursing degree that I might return to to keep financially afloat. I am afraid of being on the streets if I can't make ends meet, I barely have enough for the new and upcoming rent while not in school (again. Can't wait to see my mom chew me out when I tell her about my upgrading being for not.) I'm just so unsatisfied with my life. I've had one good thing happen with my license so I don't feel so incompetent (no car though, again, still fear driving, barely passsed according to the instructor too) no gf, little friends, no money, super jealous of my now rich brother who has a gf, makes lots of money roofing and background acting (he gets lots of work, I don't despite having more availability. He's naturally very good looking then there's me). I have good health...that's about it. I've been living with depression so long. I want to contact myfamily doctor anonymously and gocfrom there, ideally. I tried therapy once but I felt the advice wasn't too useful as she would just kind of read off a stack of papers then hand them over. I'm so drained and miserable with my life. How many times have I been here posting long winded posts like this? Sigh. Every time I try, something always goes wrong like here. There's far too little happiness in my life to reward me for any work I get done, then the misery tenfold s. Drives a man to the brink of depression.

Going up? Nope, stagnant cor going down. Apologies for typos im half heartedly spewing whatever hits my mind from my phone. I don't know who else to really talk to atm. My parents stress me out about my lack of accomplishment if I'm feeling down...eh...ehhh.....the rain sure sounds ambient outside.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Back to college and not 5 days in I'm back into depression.

I'm lonely as all hell because I quite literally talk to no one all day. I'm bored because all I have to do is play Smash or browse the internet which I did to death last semester. And my frustration with life is as rampant as it has ever been.

I randomly looked up the term "neckbeard" and I kinda sorta fit the description. My eyes dart alot around people, I have stupidly little interaction with other people, I like to grow my beard out.

On the flip-side I'm not overweight and am fairly attractive.

I don't know. I'm so sick of the same old problem that runs my life. If I had ONE ******* PERSON to talk to on campus regularly I would be fine. But no. Not one person. My roommate practically ignores me.

Not one person is nice enough to ******* say hi even though they would all claim they would if asked. This is the part of life that I absolutely cannot stand. I desperately want to be accepted by others and I want to fit in, but I truly dispise most of the people around me.

They act like they are above the one guy eating by himself at dinner because he isn't good at making friends. It is so sick.

Rant over but man am I over this. If I survive 3 and a half more years of this then it'll be a miracle.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
I desperately want to be accepted by others and I want to fit in, but I truly despise most of the people around me.
This your problem, Stop trying hard to be friends with everyone. Just be yourself, as cliche as that sounds it's true. And don't worry about what other people think of you.

Why you despise the people around you? What is it about them that you don't like? Is it them not saying hi, their personality, culture etc. What is it?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
This your problem, Stop trying hard to be friends with everyone. Just be yourself, as cliche as that sounds it's true. And don't worry about what other people think of you.

Why you despise the people around you? What is it about them that you don't like? Is it them not saying hi, their personality, culture etc. What is it?
There are alot of reasons but honestly it is all petty **** when I think about it. The reason I get so angry and hateful toward other people is probably because I feel rejected as a person. All around me I see people laughing and talking and enjoying each others company while I, for the 18th year in a row, am still sitting on my own.

I suppose its all just envy.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
There are alot of reasons but honestly it is all petty **** when I think about it. The reason I get so angry and hateful toward other people is probably because I feel rejected as a person. All around me I see people laughing and talking and enjoying each others company while I, for the 18th year in a row, am still sitting on my own.

I suppose its all just envy.
Best advice I can give you, man. Is to change your thinking, you seem to have a overly-negative (i.e you taking something unimportant to heart) view on the subject.

But I kinda want to understand this a little bit more, why you think people "reject" you? Is it because they see you hanging out with no one else?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Best advice I can give you, man. Is to change your thinking, you seem to have a overly-negative (i.e you taking something unimportant to heart) view on the subject.

But I kinda want to understand this a little bit more, why you think people "reject" you? Is it because they see you hanging out with no one else?
You are probably right. I've been told a hundred times my mind is my worst enemy.

Yeah, partly because I pretty much am left to myself. I remember when I was younger a teacher asked the class "If you saw someone sitting on their own, would you walk up and say hi?" You know how the class responded? Near unanimously students replied "Of course!" Meanwhile I was sitting next to several students who have never once spoken to me.

It isn't that I'm outright unnoticed either. People comment on it quite often. "He's wierd." "Why doesn't he talk?" Its always the same stuff. Some of the answers can go from funny to outright cruel to say about someone.

I get that I am to blame for where I am in life now but those around me have never made it easy to change my ways.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Yeah, partly because I pretty much am left to myself. I remember when I was younger a teacher asked the class "If you saw someone sitting on their own, would you walk up and say hi?" You know how the class responded? Near unanimously students replied "Of course!" Meanwhile I was sitting next to several students who have never once spoken to me.

It isn't that I'm outright unnoticed either. People comment on it quite often. "He's wierd." "Why doesn't he talk?" Its always the same stuff. Some of the answers can go from funny to outright cruel to say about someone.
Yea, people who play the "I care" card are annoying af and just set the person up for a big disappointment cause of how much trust they put in.

But forget them, that's not the point.

Here's the thing, it all comes down to "who cares" lol. For real! Just do you and if people got a problem, **** 'em.

I'm not even an extrovert lol, but I can generally get along and talk to many people from different walks of life. I got best friends that are hardcore conservatives, and friends that are extremely liberal in every way lol.

Which is another thing, have an open personality, like don't be judgmental and stuff. Idk you in person so I have no idea how you are irl. But from what I can gather about people who are/have been in the same situation as you, this is usually one of their issues.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yea, people who play the "I care" card are annoying af and just set the person up for a big disappointment cause of how much trust they put in.

But forget them, that's not the point.

Here's the thing, it all comes down to "who cares" lol. For real! Just do you and if people got a problem, **** 'em.

I'm not even an extrovert lol, but I can generally get along and talk to many people from different walks of life. I got best friends that are hardcore conservatives, and friends that are extremely liberal in every way lol.

Which is another thing, have an open personality, like don't be judgmental and stuff. Idk you in person so I have no idea how you are irl. But from what I can gather about people who are/have been in the same situation as you, this is usually one of their issues.
Yeah it's definately something I should work on. I try to not be judgemental but occasionally I catch myself steotypin which is not ok.

Anyway, I really appreciate the advice. You are a cool dude.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've had problems with kidney stones for several years now, and started having them pass more frequently lately. So I went in for surgery on Wednesday to have an operation done where they pulvarised them with ultrasound waves. Turns out there's a section in the tube of my left kidney that has so much scar tissue that the pathway is almost blocked, so they had to put in a stent to help all the stone pieces pass through. Unfortunately, the stent hurts like crazy and I've been in agony the past few days since it was put in.

Unfortunately, after it's taken out, I'll have to have more surgery later to get that section of the tube of my kidney removed, which will mean even more pain, more hospital bills, more time off work, etc. I just needed somewhere to rant about this since I'm at home by myself right now and can't really do much other than sit on the couch. I haven't even had that much of an appetite.

:059:

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
i'm so worried about missing the fates 3DS XL preorder it's making me sick

SurrealBrain

Smash Cadet
I just feel so empty...

...without going into details, all my efforts these past few weeks...wasted. But as much as I'd like my time back, I can't ignore the consequences; more people against me, justifiably or not, and while I'd love for it all to just go away, only time can deal with it; any attempts to fix it will probably end in failure.

How do I deal with this? That I've failed someone, and I'm getting scorn for trying in the first place? Maybe my methods weren't perfect...but the remaining option was one of "not much left." The only option now is to just let it run its course, and hope things work themselves out.

It'll hurt less tomorrow...I hope. But the knowledge that I not only failed, but am getting scorn for trying in the first place, will probably stick with me for quite some time...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Let's just say I don't like my mom or my older brother trying to tell me what to do with my life when I'm 25...

I don't need to be told to find a better paying job, and I don't need to be told I need to find a girlfriend or start dating.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Let's just say I don't like my mom or my older brother trying to tell me what to do with my life when I'm 25...

I don't need to be told to find a better paying job, and I don't need to be told I need to find a girlfriend or start dating.
Exactly, tell 'em you a grown ass man, you make your own decisions!

Lol don't tell them that (except maybe your brother) that disrespectful, parents always gonna be nagging n ****, man. Hell my grandparents on my mom's side "love" to nag at my dad for stupid stuff lol.

Last edited:

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
I still cannot beat that "I RULE" challenge. I'm considering just 100% the rest of the game and leaving that challenge alone.

WEBSTERfsu

Smash Rookie
Hello to all I'm new to smashboards and don't know where to look to find a clan to join. Can someone help me please.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I can't really express how angry and upset I've been feeling lately since I got rejected from one of my university applications.
I spent 3 months upgrading and $90 only to be told my math didn't meet the requirements for the program I applied to. Same boat.

No one really replied to my last spewing of words so I'll just sum it up in a few: Miserable. Stressed. Help.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Great start of the year.... I get stuck in a speed trap, forced to speak with a lawyer about it due to being 21 and insurance being impossible to pay. I was ok with this.

Now someone in charge of financial aid ****ed me over in the database; my honors scholarship is no where to be found the night of class fee payments, and I did not make preparations to take 2 grand out my savings to pay it off in emergency. I can't do my homework for classes since I'm locked out of the online sessions thanks to this, and they'll be dropped by 12 AM.

I never trusted the incompetent staff at my college so I checked everyday to make sure the fee was exempted. My online access was not infringed upon the entire day... I even took my precalculus test for my honors class without there being a problem with me not showing up on attendance. That means that the ******** ****ed it up as they were putting it in tonight, conveniently at a time when customer support is no longer taking any call till tomorrow morning.

Just two weeks ago I was having some of the greatest performance academically too. I for the first time was not "just barely getting through the course" I got ahead in some classes and had lots of free time for projects. Was probably why I did get as hard hit by the traffic citation.

Now I have no classes to go to and have to have to be that student ***** tomorrow to some unlucky financial aid counselor who has to deal with the bull**** someone who deserves to be fired did to me as soon as they open at 8 AM. Hopefully they can sort this out, otherwise I'll just get my AA certificate early and wait on transferring to Uni, cause I'm tired of being dependent on this sketchy financial aid system I've been on for the past 2 years. I rather just get a job and work on becoming financially independent first than go through school worry about this crap and the possibility of getting massive debt from their education like so many others I know.

On the bright side I still have plenty of tequila, Real McCoy rum, and a texture project from punching holes in my wall.

Last edited:

Cooly23

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-5547-7609
i woke up at 5:30am today to purchase the Corrin DLC but it wasn't available, and i couldn't go back to sleep.
Rest in Pepperoni Corrin
:4corrin:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I spent 3 months upgrading and $90 only to be told my math didn't meet the requirements for the program I applied to. Same boat.

No one really replied to my last spewing of words so I'll just sum it up in a few: Miserable. Stressed. Help.
That sounded awful.

Anyways, I'm not 100% convinced with the feedback I received from the university that I applied for as it did not seem to reflect me at all and I get the feeling they did not bother looking through my portfolio.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Back from previous post. Turns out I was forced graduated and need to stay out of school or get lucky enough to get a grant from FIU. Started looking for a job. At least I have an AA I guess. Lost my opportunity at getting my honors certificate as well..

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always seem to have unpopular opinions of stuff and it kind of sucks.

Since the unpopular opinions never come into fruition.

Nah

Smash Champion
The masuda method isnt working. i only want one shiny venipede, Arceus Dammit!
Even with the Masuda method it can still take a very long time. It's roughly a 1/683 chance, which is ~0.14%. So the odds are still pretty ****ty. You'll get it eventually though.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
  • School started last week, and it's already picking up...
  • I'm going to two Smash tournaments in the next few days. As always, I don't feel very confident at all.
  • I wish I'd stop thinking of Lucina.
  • My SMW ROM hack is pretty much done, but I have no way of showing it off to anybody. I haven't been to SMWCentral in 3 years and I haven't posted there in 4, I almost feel like I'm not welcome there, anymore. Also, the only problem with it is a rather major one: It won't work on any of the more modern emulators. It crashes at random spots all the time. There's probably a way to fix this, but I doubt it's simple, and I'm afraid my entire knowledge of advanced SMW modding has been completely lost, so even if I bothered trying to find a solution, I probably wouldn't know how to apply it or I'd have to bother relearning how to apply it, and I don't want to do that. I also really don't feel like learning how to make a reliable IPS patch since those things always fail.
  • For God's sake I don't want to go back to doing Japanese or Programmin classes. I know there's only half a year left for both, but half a year feels like an eternity in my life.

DraconicPsycho

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DraconicPsycho
Even with the Masuda method it can still take a very long time. It's roughly a 1/683 chance, which is ~0.14%. So the odds are still pretty ****ty. You'll get it eventually though.
after you posted this, i kept at it and got it after 16 eggs. then a little later, a spearow after only 6!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you decide to quit addictions, but you still feel the same stress that started the addictions in the first place...

How do you deal with the stress?

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
You know, I honestly don't know what to do in my life at this point.

Yeah I can continue finishing up my college assignments for x years despite that there are parts of Web Developments classes that I don't know or may end up struggling.

Sure I might find a job that I like (which it cannot be that fast because of how stressful I'm finding it right now) and keep doing for who knows how long I can take it.

Yes, I could start something different by streaming even though my progress with the viewers will be too slow and being a popular streamer would take a long time.

Heck I might do all of those three things at the same time which it would end up in disastrous results!

Meh, I rather die than going to some horrible thoughts of what my life end up in the future. Of course I wouldn't do that though, but still...

I should stop looking at people's thoughts about their life at AskReddit.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It sucks when my mom and I have different cultural views on things. For example, I think my dating life should be private and I should start when I feel like it. My mom thinks she's responsible for my dating life and that I need to plan out when I'll start dating and should get married before I'm 30...

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
It sucks when my mom and I have different cultural views on things. For example, I think my dating life should be private and I should start when I feel like it. My mom thinks she's responsible for my dating life and that I need to plan out when I'll start dating and should get married before I'm 30...
Save up money, buy a house of your own, drop contact with her.
It seriously feels like you're not gonna be missing anything.
A nasty person pushing their views on the world on someone is a nasty person pushing their views on the world on someone, the fact that they're your parents doesn't change squat, this is even more true if you're already an adult for a while.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Save up money, buy a house of your own, drop contact with her.
It seriously feels like you're not gonna be missing anything.
A nasty person pushing their views on the world on someone is a nasty person pushing their views on the world on someone, the fact that they're your parents doesn't change squat, this is even more true if you're already an adult for a while.
If it wasn't so expensive to live in the Silicon Valley, I probably would find a place to live.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
If it wasn't so expensive to live in the Silicon Valley, I probably would find a place to live.
To me, it sometimes feels like parents kind of like to abuse their control over you a little bit, then hide it under excuses.
You know, exactly the kind of crap that's seen as terrible in any other context, but apparently in this one, it's absolutely fine.
Trying to dictate how your relationships go is absolutely disgusting, for me. My father occasionally thinks I'm gay just because I haven't shown any noticeable interest in any girls for centuries, and seeing how my dad is homophobic to the point that he doesn't want me to be interested in tomboys because it might be a sign that I might secretly be interested in men instead, this leads to awkward situations.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
To me, it sometimes feels like parents kind of like to abuse their control over you a little bit, then hide it under excuses.
You know, exactly the kind of crap that's seen as terrible in any other context, but apparently in this one, it's absolutely fine.
Trying to dictate how your relationships go is absolutely disgusting, for me. My father occasionally thinks I'm gay just because I haven't shown any noticeable interest in any girls for centuries, and seeing how my dad is homophobic to the point that he doesn't want me to be interested in tomboys because it might be a sign that I might secretly be interested in men instead, this leads to awkward situations.
My mom thinks I'm potentially gay because I've never had a girlfriend even though I've stated the girls I've been interested in. It's not that I don't want to date, it's more that I'm indecisive on a lot of issues. Plus the girls I'm interested live too far away from me. The only close one rejected me 3-4 years ago. :/

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
My mom thinks I'm potentially gay because I've never had a girlfriend even though I've stated the girls I've been interested in. It's not that I don't want to date, it's more that I'm indecisive on a lot of issues. Plus the girls I'm interested live too far away from me. The only close one rejected me 3-4 years ago. :/
A few days ago, I concluded that I'm not really feeling like getting a boyfriend/girlfriend anytime soon. I'm really good at making friends of both genders, but I can not take it one step beyond. It's always nothing more than a friendship. But yes, even if I knew how to make it more than a friendship, I'd probably leave it alone.

Top Bottom