• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My family has thought I was gay because I've never been with a girl before

Although it's not like I haven't tried

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
After a long journey to find the answers about my sexuality, I think I can say that I'm bi-curious. I've analyzed a few things for a bit and I honestly do not fit the criteria of being heterosexual, but it's not like I'm homosexual or feel no attraction to anyone, either.
It's kind of like this: Let's say I have Friend A and Friend B. Friend A is a male friend of mine, Friend B is a female friend of mine that I have a crush on.
If someday, Friend A came up to be and said he wanted to be my boyfriend, depending on a few circumstances, I very much doubt I'd say no.
Yeah, but again, that'd be kind of awkward because... parents.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Boyfriend/girlfriend relationships don't really end well when forced. Most of the time it takes patience. Hopefully you guys have some close friends that you can rely onto support you. Doesn't matter what you call each other, what matters is that they care about you and enjoy you're company. If you can't contact them, then try to reach out to people nearby. Odds are you'll find someone interesting.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I think I said this in another thread in this forum, but last time I was into a girl, when I was 9 years old, my parents found out about it and started to tease the ever living ******** out of me. They teased me so much and in such a way that my young mind got confused and started having trouble discerning what is "right" or "wrong", and I started thinking that a boy liking a girl was "wrong", which was when I started questioning my sexuality.
Yes, my homophobic parents are the reason why I'm not hetero. Wow, their methods surely worked out.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
As a continuation of my mom's quest to get me to start dating, she tries asking more questions while I was playing Smash. She asked if me wanting to save money was the reason, and I stated it's one of the reasons. She then asked what was the main reason, and I just said there isn't a main reason and that there are many factors. She then asks when I plan on dating because I'm less likely to get married by the time I'm 30 (in five years). She then asks if I don't want a family and plan on living at home the rest of my life. For the last part, I'm only planning on doing it until I figure out what exactly I plan on doing career-wise.

She's trying to get me to start dating by showing me a Chinese dating show and saying people my age are looking for true love. She doesn't believe me when I say most people on the show are probably there for their 5 minutes of fame. She then says she'll only show me this one 34 year old contestant who was shut down by everyone, then proceeds to show me other contestants around my age. She yelled at me to come back when I started leaving. Can't she see that pushing me is doing the opposite of what she wants to happen?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As a continuation of my mom's quest to get me to start dating, she tries asking more questions while I was playing Smash. She asked if me wanting to save money was the reason, and I stated it's one of the reasons. She then asked what was the main reason, and I just said there isn't a main reason and that there are many factors. She then asks when I plan on dating because I'm less likely to get married by the time I'm 30 (in five years). She then asks if I don't want a family and plan on living at home the rest of my life. For the last part, I'm only planning on doing it until I figure out what exactly I plan on doing career-wise.

She's trying to get me to start dating by showing me a Chinese dating show and saying people my age are looking for true love. She doesn't believe me when I say most people on the show are probably there for their 5 minutes of fame. She then says she'll only show me this one 34 year old contestant who was shut down by everyone, then proceeds to show me other contestants around my age. She yelled at me to come back when I started leaving. Can't she see that pushing me is doing the opposite of what she wants to happen?
I've got 1 month and 16 days to get married before I'm 30

I don't think I'm going to make it

2thesky

Smash Cadet
My grades are slipping bad. I'm always so tired. I slept literally all day yesterday. I feel sick. This is getting really hard.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a talk with my dad today

One of the things he said was that I "Never really tried to fight depression"

I guess he might be right, but I'm not really sure what that means

I have made attempts to improve my life and figured my depression would just go away once it did

But, I guess that's not really the case

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheWBGuy
3DS FC
2981-8361-9303
Posting here cause it's a pretty petty unhappy moment, but makes me unhappy nonetheless.

I'm a sap when it comes to love. I've very passionate about everything; Smash, music, gaming. So when I fall in love, I fall hard. I recently actually got a crush on a professional Smash 4 player and it turned into more of an infatuation than anything. And my friend had a certain hunch, but if it's true, I probably won't be able to even have a chance with her.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Posting here cause it's a pretty petty unhappy moment, but makes me unhappy nonetheless.

I'm a sap when it comes to love. I've very passionate about everything; Smash, music, gaming. So when I fall in love, I fall hard. I recently actually got a crush on a professional Smash 4 player and it turned into more of an infatuation than anything. And my friend had a certain hunch, but if it's true, I probably won't be able to even have a chance with her.
This is going to be the most contradictory BS I've ever said

But, if you have nothing to lose you might as well try anyway.

The most you can get is rejected. But if you don't try, you are rejecting yourself.

Not trying is a lose/ lose. Try in the least is a lose/ win.

SuperSaiyanGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheWBGuy
3DS FC
2981-8361-9303
This is going to be the most contradictory BS I've ever said

But, if you have nothing to lose you might as well try anyway.

The most you can get is rejected. But if you don't try, you are rejecting yourself.

Not trying is a lose/ lose. Try in the least is a lose/ win.
Well the hunch was she was in a relationship but you're right, it won't hurt to try.

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
Many people question me if I actually care about anyone else rather than myself. I actually put some thought into this, and honestly, I do spend more time with my belongings than I do with anyone else or my family. For me, having a "True" friend is difficult, since I'm extremely bad at talking about anything in general and things get awkward very quickly. My interests differ from nearly everyone I know, where even on the topic on common interests, I bring up things no one has heard about (Ex: If the category is gaming, I only play really obscure/unpopular indie games that have a small following).

I'm fine with this, I just get self-conscious for about a day or two whenever someone mentions selfishness to me.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
The last semestre of my IT course starts tomorrow. Oh no. For GOD'S sake no.
I hate that course. I'll get nothing off of it but filler for my resume. I don't want to be a programmer anymore (I didn't want to be one to begin with, I was pressured into joining the course and pretty much forced to stay in it for so long), I don't want to work with computers anymore and I can't stand anyone in my classroom any longer. My classmates are unbearable and my teachers are even worse.
I'm tired of being forced to go to this course I hate, to do stuff and lose sleep over said stuff I don't care about with these people I detest, and in general have my life being hell solely because of it.
Instead of sitting in front of a computer doing things I want, I'll be staying in front of a computer all day doing stuff I don't want. Brilliant.
Many people question me if I actually care about anyone else rather than myself. I actually put some thought into this, and honestly, I do spend more time with my belongings than I do with anyone else or my family. For me, having a "True" friend is difficult, since I'm extremely bad at talking about anything in general and things get awkward very quickly. My interests differ from nearly everyone I know, where even on the topic on common interests, I bring up things no one has heard about (Ex: If the category is gaming, I only play really obscure/unpopular indie games that have a small following).

I'm fine with this, I just get self-conscious for about a day or two whenever someone mentions selfishness to me.
...Huh. If you wanted, we could try being friends...

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
...Sorry for the double post, people. I know it's against the rules. But I need to say this.

Earlier today, while my dad was in one of his rage fits, I had to listen to my dad go on and on about why I am ********.
He went on and on about how I never learn, how I never listen to him, how I have no goals in life, how I am stupid, why he should be beating the crap out of me and that I should keep my mouth completely shut to him, as my opinion is of no importance and he owns me and has the right to do whatever he pleases with me.
While he was screaming and moaning, he also decided to add that I'm very ********, EXTREMELY ********, and how he wishes he'd die so I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore, and how I should get a job and abandon him as soon as I can. My mom tried to interfere and he called her stupid and how she's "too soft with me" and always defending me.
He actually managed to make me cry. Making me cry is quite an achievement, mind you.

That... was amazing. The best part about it is that, a year ago, he got very close to dying after a rage fit, and after the incident he was actually diagnosed with a few mental disorders and it was instructed to him that he should take a few drugs and go to a psychiatrist on a regular basis. That's what any responsible adult would do - of course, my dad is not a responsible adult, thus he never did any of that.
Every day that passes, it legit gets harder to feel any sympathy for him.

DraconicPsycho

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DraconicPsycho
...Sorry for the double post, people. I know it's against the rules. But I need to say this.

Earlier today, while my dad was in one of his rage fits, I had to listen to my dad go on and on about why I am ********.
He went on and on about how I never learn, how I never listen to him, how I have no goals in life, how I am stupid, why he should be beating the crap out of me and that I should keep my mouth completely shut to him, as my opinion is of no importance and he owns me and has the right to do whatever he pleases with me.
While he was screaming and moaning, he also decided to add that I'm very ********, EXTREMELY ********, and how he wishes he'd die so I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore, and how I should get a job and abandon him as soon as I can. My mom tried to interfere and he called her stupid and how she's "too soft with me" and always defending me.
He actually managed to make me cry. Making me cry is quite an achievement, mind you.

That... was amazing. The best part about it is that, a year ago, he got very close to dying after a rage fit, and after the incident he was actually diagnosed with a few mental disorders and it was instructed to him that he should take a few drugs and go to a psychiatrist on a regular basis. That's what any responsible adult would do - of course, my dad is not a responsible adult, thus he never did any of that.
I feel bad for you. I hope everything turns out okay.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to deal with my step father calling me a ****** and an idiot. Even though he dropped out of college.

I guess I don't really have to care as much though, because I'm not related to him

...Although he kind of calls everyone a ******/ idiot. I guess I just hear it more often because he walks by my door and "whispers" it

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
But that... was something different. I wasn't ready to see my dad go out of his way to scream that at me.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615

That's really sad to hear about...
My grandpa is the same way

DraconicPsycho

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DraconicPsycho
I was playing Pokemon with my sister today but she wasn't allowed to play it. I didn't know, so I watched her. My mom comes in and yells at us, but my sister starts crying and saying I was the one who influenced her. My mom proceeded to yell at me for the rest of the night. My mom definitely favors my lil sis and it makes me really sad. My mom also said that my dream of playing smash competitively was a lost cause because I suck at the game and people who do that are losers, yet my sister becoming a famous ballerina and graduating from Juliard is totally feasible. My mom is so mean, I swear, I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. And ever since I started homeschool I've had no friends, and the one I did have turned out to be a backstabbing *******... I need friends.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I was playing Pokemon with my sister today but she wasn't allowed to play it. I didn't know, so I watched her. My mom comes in and yells at us, but my sister starts crying and saying I was the one who influenced her. My mom proceeded to yell at me for the rest of the night. My mom definitely favors my lil sis and it makes me really sad. My mom also said that my dream of playing smash competitively was a lost cause because I suck at the game and people who do that are losers, yet my sister becoming a famous ballerina and graduating from Juliard is totally feasible. My mom is so mean, I swear, I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. And ever since I started homeschool I've had no friends, and the one I did have turned out to be a backstabbing *******... I need friends.
If you have Skype, we can always talk, if you want.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Sometimes... Ignorance is bliss
Favoritism is a *****, I know I'm the most neglected of my siblings
I was put up for abortion
Your mom sounds like a total *****, Calling people who play competitive smash "Losers"... Does she have the maturity level of a 5 year old? lol

windwakingwarrior

Smash Rookie
NNID
lelennyfacelel
3DS FC
0963-1878-4233
Sm4sh Related:
I am very, very guilty of taunt parties and other such nonsense and it genuinely makes me upset that Nintendo didn't create something like 'For Fun' so we can all just goof around. I don't really understand how they can take a game where you can kick Bowser's butt as Kirby seriously.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm not sure how much more **** I can take. My Mom's depressed, my Dad's depressed, and I'm depressed as well as screwed up. I've been to a mental hospital twice. All the negativity is really getting to me and I feel more trapped than ever. My Mom cries a lot, my Dad in the past drank away his sorrows away (not an alcholic, but he sure does love his beer), and then there's me, the girl too big of a anti-social weirdo to actually have a lot of friends or have more independence. I don't know what to do. I'm seeing both a pychatrist and therapist and yet I'm still having trouble. The intrusive thoughts are still there, the constant anxiety is always in my mind. I'm on a ton of medication that affects my concentration and makes it difficult to work on my college homework. Hell, I'm taking a year long break from the university I was originally going to because I pretty much had a breakdown last summer.

It's so so so frustrating. I feel angry at myself and my parents, who I love but are driving me crazy. I just want to feel better already...is that too much to ask?

Last edited:

DreamFunk

Smash Cadet
I jump from thing to thing trying to find validation and now I'm in the smash community trying to be someone everyone likes, but my self-doubt keeps creeping in. I can't drive anywhere because I don't have my license and I always get crushes on girls that will never work out. this was more then 1 thing but whatever

SurrealBrain

Smash Cadet
Seeing all this makes me sad...and I'm unhappy when "friends" turn out to be backstabbers.

I'm just glad to have real friends to make the pain easier to deal with, but it still hurts so very much. Especially when it turns out the backstabbers couldn't care less if you left them to their fate.

Last edited:

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
I have always had an extremely bad memory, which has always affected me. It has and stil does interrupt my daily routine. I tend to lose things, even obvious things such as huge books or containers. I get no memories of where I put things, so backtracking doesn't work for me. My bad memory even affects my conversations, where I can't remember if I said something 2 seconds ago. I get very confused and distant when this happens, and sometimes I wonder if I said anything at all. Or that the other person exists. Whenever I lose anything, for some reason I pretend it doesn't exist anymore. This leads to embarrassing occasions where I lose a small object, only to find it right in front of me. If I don't keep in contact with something, I pretend it doesn't exist. So past day memories are basically lost. While it might not seem as much of a bother, it annoys me so much that sometimes I stop caring about things I'm supposed to do.
I've tried to ask for help, and I often get the "leave a note" response. Chances are, I'll read the note and forget about what it said a few minutes later. Or just flat-out forget that it actually exists.

Last edited:

Mordra

Smash Rookie
I have always had an extremely bad memory, which has always affected me. It has and stil does interrupt my daily routine. I tend to lose things, even obvious things such as huge books or containers. I get no memories of where I put things, so backtracking doesn't work for me. My bad memory even affects my conversations, where I can't remember if I said something 2 seconds ago. I get very confused and distant when this happens, and sometimes I wonder if I said anything at all. Or that the other person exists. Whenever I lose anything, for some reason I pretend it doesn't exist anymore. This leads to embarrassing occasions where I lose a small object, only to find it right in front of me. If I don't keep in contact with something, I pretend it doesn't exist. So past day memories are basically lost. While it might not seem as much of a bother, it annoys me so much that sometimes I stop caring about things I'm supposed to do.
I've tried to ask for help, and I often get the "leave a note" response. Chances are, I'll read the note and forget about what it said a few minutes later. Or just flat-out forget that it actually exists.
This reminded me a little bit of that movie....Memento.
Go to the doc! That's all I can say...

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
One thing I used to do is leave something weird or out of place. If you wake up and notice that the cereal is in the fridge, you might remember the reason you put it there. It's a kind of memory association. If you can connect two memories, you only need to remember one.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
Can someone give me advice?
Sometimes I'll Smash and I am just terrible. Not bad, I mean terrible.
Its mainly from beeing tired and then my reactions are just gone. All my skill evaporates and my DI becomes horrible, can't pull of combos or even simple teching becomes impossible (due to reactions). Still I force myself to play instead of just quitting the damn game.
I just lost 5 times in a row against a more than bad taunting FG scrub because I selfdestructed myself like everytime. I just threw my controller against a wall and punched my leg out of pure anger against myself for beeing such an idiot. I know that needs to stop but I don't know how to quit when I lose like that, because I just know that I can do better and feel my honor is beeing hurt and at one point its just enough and I express my anger :/
(not verbally though since I am not the one who likes shouting, punching myself isn't any better but at least I don't wake my parents)

I'm pretty sure that if Gamecube controllers weren't that indestructible I would break one every month.
I could make use of a punching bag or something like that...but my parents jsut ould ask what I got that for and I don't want to tell them the truth because I know its a dumb reason why I sometimes jsut can't control myself...

At least writing this made me calm down a bit.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
Just gave one of my best friends a final sendoff; she's moving to Chicago... Urgh.
That's hard buddy :( My best friend moved half year ago and we know us since we were 4. But be happy that we live in a time were we can still communicate via internet. While its not the same as hanging around with them, talking to my friend is a huge relief to me.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure how much more **** I can take. My Mom's depressed, my Dad's depressed, and I'm depressed as well as screwed up. I've been to a mental hospital twice. All the negativity is really getting to me and I feel more trapped than ever. My Mom cries a lot, my Dad in the past drank away his sorrows away (not an alcholic, but he sure does love his beer), and then there's me, the girl too big of a anti-social weirdo to actually have a lot of friends or have more independence. I don't know what to do. I'm seeing both a pychatrist and therapist and yet I'm still having trouble. The intrusive thoughts are still there, the constant anxiety is always in my mind. I'm on a ton of medication that affects my concentration and makes it difficult to work on my college homework. Hell, I'm taking a year long break from the university I was originally going to because I pretty much had a breakdown last summer.

It's so so so frustrating. I feel angry at myself and my parents, who I love but are driving me crazy. I just want to feel better already...is that too much to ask?
I actually met someone online with very similar problems I didn't noticed first whats up but he increasingly kept complaing and then he told me whats up. I took some time, tears and the determination to look forward and go on but I think I helped him pretty much. I was always there to talk. Sometimes I was just listening but it at least helped him to calm down. though sometimes I just didn't know what to reply.
All I can say for now is pretty much to hang in there and don't overtake yourself. Life can be really hard but I like to compare it to dark souls ( I know strange, right?) Its always hard and some parts of it are just painful to endure. Get through these paths though and trust me you won't regret it.
But hey if you need someone to talk you can always PM me.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Can someone give me advice?
Sometimes I'll Smash and I am just terrible. Not bad, I mean terrible.
Its mainly from beeing tired and then my reactions are just gone. All my skill evaporates and my DI becomes horrible, can't pull of combos or even simple teching becomes impossible (due to reactions). Still I force myself to play instead of just quitting the damn game.
I just lost 5 times in a row against a more than bad taunting FG scrub because I selfdestructed myself like everytime. I just threw my controller against a wall and punched my leg out of pure anger against myself for beeing such an idiot. I know that needs to stop but I don't know how to quit when I lose like that, because I just know that I can do better and feel my honor is beeing hurt and at one point its just enough and I express my anger :/
(not verbally though since I am not the one who likes shouting, punching myself isn't any better but at least I don't wake my parents)

I'm pretty sure that if Gamecube controllers weren't that indestructible I would break one every month.
I could make use of a punching bag or something like that...but my parents jsut ould ask what I got that for and I don't want to tell them the truth because I know its a dumb reason why I sometimes jsut can't control myself...

At least writing this made me calm down a bit.
Improvement will take patience. A lot of it. If you're getting frustrated with the game, try taking a break. Maybe find some decent people to play with on miiverse or anther's ladder. You'll probably do a lot better when you're having fun. If not, then at least you are still enjoying it. Also, don't expect consistency on FG. Latency can be all over the place it makes it hard to do anything precise. I think of it more as a mode for messing around without expectations of certain victory.

On trolls, well it helps to step back when you get angry and remember that these are people throwing around meaningless insults like candy and hoping for a lure. Everyone gets angry with small stuff, but a few minutes later you can look back and realize that it didn't mean anything. There are plenty of ways to deal with anger, and I'm sure you can find what works for you if you have not already.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
holymario holymario please don't make multiple posts in a row in the future, if you want to add something to what you've said use the edit feature.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
So. I have this girl I kinda sorta am interested in, and everything's going fine, I mean, we talk n' stuff, but...
It's been about two months since we've started talking to each other in History (it's the only time of the day I can ever talk to her), and she hasn't really said anything to me. She is definitely not a quiet type of person, but still is a victim of what I like to call the 'Frozen Blush Syndrome' (liking someone or knowing someone likes you without really speaking unless spoken to).

And through the two months of silence on her end, I've been kind of losing interest. That would usually be fine if it wasn't for two reasons: she may still like me, and the fact that no other girl in the school is appealing to me due to the specific standards I have in place.

So what should I do? Please do not say 'ask her out' or 'get her phone number', because God knows I can't do that for multiple reasons. One of them being: dating has really been getting me down lately...

Every time I get a crush on someone, it fails miserably. Any semblance of it turning out well falls flat. Dating is really difficult for me. Every girl seems to expect so much from you. They expect you to be an expert at what you're doing, and it really isn't fair at all.

This is my last available crush until next school year, and it's difficult to do anything based on past experiences. If it's awkward or uncomfortable for me to do something, I'm physically unwilling to do it. I've put up mental walls based on what hasn't worked in the past, limiting me more than I care to. I don't think I'll ever get a girlfriend, not because of my personality or looks (I'm very self-confident and my esteem is very high), but because of my cowardice and unwillingness to actually get off my lazy butt to actually make my life happier.

Maybe a lone wolf lifestyle will be better for me. After all, I can't disappoint myself very easy, and it doesn't take strenuous effort for me to like myself.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I had a similar issue. I was talking with this girl, but she never really seemed interesting in contacting me or seeing me unless I contacted her first. Even in conversations, she seemed to respond to what I said but never really asked anything back.

I tried to see what kind of stuff she liked that we had in common, but even when I thought I found something she didn't carry out a conversation about it.

Like "How are you today" which she responded with how she was, but didn't really seem interesting in asking anything of me or seeing how I was.

I eventually just decided she probably didn't like me

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think I had a similar issue. I was talking with this girl, but she never really seemed interesting in contacting me or seeing me unless I contacted her first. Even in conversations, she seemed to respond to what I said but never really asked anything back.

I tried to see what kind of stuff she liked that we had in common, but even when I thought I found something she didn't carry out a conversation about it.

Like "How are you today" which she responded with how she was, but didn't really seem interesting in asking anything of me or seeing how I was.

I eventually just decided she probably didn't like me
That's my interaction with everyone. I guess people aren't that interested in me as a friend. :|

Top Bottom