• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Hungry.
Find cookies in freezer that are mine.
Get weird feeling.
Dizzy, short term memory loss, numbness, dry mouth, and 150 heart rate.
Call 911.
Find out roommate cookies.

Dashie

Smash Cadet
Unhappy about not doing my homework when I solved the issue for what was stopping me from doing it in the first place.

Procrastination.
The means to do everything BUT the one thing I was really meant to do.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So my roommates ate some of my food yesterday and instead of making a big stink about it I just decided to eat back some of there fod. It was fine for dinner last night(Hot pockets) but for lunch today I brought the grosest Chickenlions I've ever seen, no way real chicken was used in that. There may be a big argument about all this when I get back home but I really don't care right now.

Edit: Turns out the thing expired in October 2014, makes sense now.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I was all chipper today...and then I found this little gem of a stamp on deviantArt.

For anybody who doesn't want the "pleasure" of giving the stamp more views than it needs, I'll just give you all you need. Here's the description;
No items, Fox only, Final Destination my ARSE! That's not how those games were intended to be played.

The Smash players known by many as the ""Stop having fun" guys" play Smash in a way that goes like dash, dash, grab, shield, dash, dash, jump, attack, shield all the time rather than fight while causing complete havoc with items and button mashing like what the games are known for. That's just boring! Those games aren't about winning! They're about having fun playing together in big groups with crazy items and crazy stages!

Competitive players also "ban" stages with even a SLIGHT obstacle because it apparently "interferes" with the battle and instead only play boring stages. Look, if you can't deal with a stage because it either scrolls or has obstacles, START PLAYING BETTER! It doesn't take a genius to figure that out!

You know those peeps whining about unique, cool stages like Mario Bros., Magicant and 75m? That's probably them.

Even Masahiro Sakurai himself finds it uninteresting and intends to make the games feel more like party games. I agree with him, because if a game's not intended to be played competitively, it shouldn't.

At least I still play the Smash games for fun like intended. :3

TL;DR: Either play the games the way you should or don't play them at all.
Here's some of the comments they made (emphasis mine);
"They're just playing the coward's way."

"Personally I think the only fun way to play Smash is to play it normally anyways. ^w^;"

"Also tiers are bull****."

"Any character can win easily, really."
Seeing this, I try to stand up for the competetive scene and explain what tiers actually mean in a comment;
"The thing with items and stage hazards is that both are detrimental to what is the ultimate point of a tournament; skill.

Items are randomized, and nobody can predict where an item will spawn or even what item will spawn. Items can also unbalance a match by adding RNG into the fold; and randomness as a whole is bad for proving skill. If someone beat a high-level player just because a Bob-Omb happened to spawn by them at the right time, then that matchup was entirely unfair for the high-level player, because it was a lucky break that made him lose, and not his opponent being legitimately skilled at the game. That is why items are banned; they're too randomized. Randomness is fine in casual play, but when there's money and the possibility of being the tournament's champion on the line, items are the antithesis of "fair play". Adaptation isn't the issue, it's the luck factor. There's absolutely no point in playing as best you can if someone else could get the one item that would punish you for being good or an item that does insane damage and knockback, or an item that grants invincibility, or that lets them throw down a mine that you don't see, walk over and get KO'd for what walking on what you thought was safe ground. It's too much to consider, and the randomness of item spawning only makes it worse.

As for tiers, they aren't lists of how good charactersare; they're lists of how well certain characters do in tournament play. Characters like Pichu are considered bottom tier because they are, by themselves, incrediblydifficult to use effectively in high-level play, while someone like Fox is considered top of the class because they're used so often and have such good results. As an example of how tier lists can change; Mewtwo, when the Melee competetive scene was still young, was regarded as being in the F-Tier (basically, the bottom of the barrel). As more people started using Mewtwo effectively, up he went in the list before settling in C-Tier.

And tournaments are fun, just not the casual "Oh, let's pop this game in and just mess around" type of fun. Watching or playing in a tournament is like watching or playing a sports game; either side has fun, but in slightly different ways. Let's face the absolute truth here; without tournament Smash play, we'd have never had the Super Smash Bros. Invitational, we'd never have had the Gamecube Adapter for the WiiU...loads of things that made huge hype would probably have never happened.

And if competetive Smashers do one thing extremely well, it's support each other and the games they love. When given the choice of what game to get for EVO via a donation poll for breast cancer research, the Smash tournament community raised $94,683 for donation. When Armada was robbed in Las Vegas (in which he lost his cellphone, bank card and $300 in cash), people donated en masse. Competetive Smash is something that is evolved as a niche community but has grown into a hugely successful community.

Nothing is preventing anybody from just playing Smash casually; but kicking the competetive Smash community in the balls because you think it's "not fun" makes you seem incredily petty about what "fun" is. :/"
Here are the replies I got;
"Whatever, tourneyfag."
"Shouldn't have whined about randomness "unbalancing" the game. That's not true after all. Now I'm gonna make sure you can't whine again since you left a bad first impression on my page."
So for all of my efforts to try and let this person know why competetive Smash is not, as they had implied, a bunch of cowards who can't play the REEUL Super Smash Brothers and make up untrue bull**** just to ruin the REEUL fans' fun, all I got was butthurt, my comment marked as spam, blocked by the user and the amazing response of "lol tourneyfag" for it.

You know, at least tournament players are respectful. This little 19 year old (yeah, real mature for that age >_>) screeches about how competetive Smash is "ruining mai pwecious random hazard-filled itemfestu!!!!". Then again, seeing as how his avatar is a sparkleCubone with wings, I probably shouldn't have been surprised that he was like that. :/

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I was all chipper today...and then I found this little gem of a stamp on deviantArt.

So for all of my efforts to try and let this person know why competetive Smash is not, as they had implied, a bunch of cowards who can't play the REEUL Super Smash Brothers and make up untrue bull**** just to ruin the REEUL fans' fun, all I got was butthurt, my comment marked as spam, blocked by the user and the amazing response of "lol tourneyfag" for it.
People tend not to pull their heads from the sand in order to make an attempt to think objectively. Even though they have alright playing "casually", they still need to understand the level of dedication it takes to push Smash to its limit. From the comments, I doubt anyone there is older than 14. Too bad you're comment went ignored in the end.

This little 19 year old (yeah, real mature for that age >_>) screeches about how competetive Smash is "ruining mai pwecious random hazard-filled itemfestu!!!!". Then again, seeing as how his avatar is a sparkleCubone with wings, I probably shouldn't have been surprised that he was like that. :/
Three things:
  1. Get off of DA, that place is a cesspool of everything wrong on the internet
  2. There is no way that guy is 19
  3. See #1

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm going to take my 3Ds back to the store to make good on my warranty. However I'm afraid they won't replace it this time because not only is the Control pad broken but the screen is a bit damaged as well. Sigh I really don't want to have to pay 180$ to get a new one

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Many times I lie away at night terrified by worst-case scenarios.

Some of these worst-case scenarios include America being attacks by terrorists and destroyed, World War III with nukes and everyone dies, and several things regarding Religion, and the nature of life itself.

I'm just a kid who wants to go to sleep. :(

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I swore I wouldn't come back to this thread, but my current situation calls for it. Old habits die hard, I guess.

So, I may have lost my 3DS XL for good. Remember when mom confiscated my 3DS? Now it's disappeared, and I fear it may be forever. A couple years ago, my first Kirby's Return to Dreamland copy vanished without a trace and I had to buy a new one. This time it's worse -- my ACNL cartridge is stuck in there and I lost my progress and my favorite villagers. That game really helped me feel better when I was depressed last year. Sounds silly, but it's true. Plus, I think without the box which has the serial number, my NNID and purchased DLC/eShop games are gone forever too and I'd have to rebuy the things.

Plus, last year's Internet problems around March to May are happening again at the same time of year. Dammit.

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
Just kind of annoyed (prepare for a bit of a rant) with stuff lately. I'm normally a positive person but lately I've had these low self esteem episodes again. ( I used to have them a few years ago because of personal reasons.) I don't know it just feels like I don't have the motivation to finish things. Like for example, I draw. Like a lot. But I am having trouble with things like proportions. I practice all the time and then I realize the drawing sucks, I give up. Then I just quit drawing for a few days. It feels like I make no real progress in things I try to do. I think drawing is the best example I can give right now honestly. I know there are many self esteem posts on here. Sorry just needed to write this. I'm not depressed or anything btw. Just frustrated.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What can I say, I just suck. my girlfriend asked me to a write a two page paper and I didn't do it. I'm about 1/3 done with it but she asked me to send it to her today which probably means its due to tomorrow. I imagine she'll do it herself now but the paper will likely won't be very good since she had been depending on me until now.

She should leave me, I don't deserve her.

Edit: One thing I'd like to say though that its not because I don't care about her why I didn't complete the paper for her, I **** myself over with this ****ty behavior all the time. As I'm writing this though I realize that this really isn't saying much, its quite plausible that along with her I don't care about myself either sigh :(

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What can I say, I just suck. my girlfriend asked me to a write a two page paper and I didn't do it. I'm about 1/3 done with it but she asked me to send it to her today which probably means its due to tomorrow. I imagine she'll do it herself now but the paper will likely won't be very good since she had been depending on me until now.

She should leave me, I don't deserve her.

Edit: One thing I'd like to say though that its not because I don't care about her why I didn't complete the paper for her, I **** myself over with this ****ty behavior all the time. As I'm writing this though I realize that this really isn't saying much, its quite plausible that along with her I don't care about myself either sigh :(
I'd say she doesn't deserve you instead of the other way around. She should be writing her own papers.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
WHAT THE HECK.

After all those years of lurking on this site. I've only found this thread today.:hulk:

If I had known back then, I'd immediately made an account.

I'm honestly pissed off.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'd say she doesn't deserve you instead of the other way around. She should be writing her own papers.
Lol thanks for trying to cheer me up but she isn't in the wrong for asking me for help. Thats what people in a relationship do they help each other out.

Now that I've had some time to think about it I realize that a large part of the reason why I was unable to motivate myself to help her is because I have no confidence in our relationship. I don't think she and I are going to last because we never see each other, hell the entire reason I agreed to write her paper in the first place is to make her high on me so that when I tell her that I won't be able to visit her next month she isn't pissed off with me.

And although I'm not involved with anyone else, in a way I do have another girl lined up to replace her. It is what it is I supposed.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am going to call her. I don't know what good that's going to do but I'm a do it anyways.

Well at this point she has got to think I am unreliable, then again its not as if she has been a steller girlfriend either.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Lol thanks for trying to cheer me up but she isn't in the wrong for asking me for help. Thats what people in a relationship do they help each other out.

Now that I've had some time to think about it I realize that a large part of the reason why I was unable to motivate myself to help her is because I have no confidence in our relationship. I don't think she and I are going to last because we never see each other, hell the entire reason I agreed to write her paper in the first place is to make her high on me so that when I tell her that I won't be able to visit her next month she isn't pissed off with me.

And although I'm not involved with anyone else, in a way I do have another girl lined up to replace her. It is what it is I supposed.
IMO, helping her would be looking through her paper after she writes it and giving advice on how to improve it. It's no good if she asks people to do papers or other work for her in the future. If you have a good reason for being unable to visit her, even if she may be angry at first, she should understand the reason.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I dunno if I can trust many of the frequenters here to offer condolences. Sometimes I become so numb with the relative safety and security of my life that I barely need a ******** outlet. I guess what I'm looking for is sympathy and some advice. Just the mutual feeling that someone understands my gripes and reassure me of the fortune they've had come there way.

Today was one of the most turbulent, depressing days I've had in months. My morning was relaxingly dull, as usual. I was editing through a story draft (which felt like a brainless slog after a while, but I suppose that goes into the point) I had been focusing on for days. I walk downstairs to get some water when my mother asks me who I show my writing to. I explain that I have an editor on Smashboards and I am part of a writing usergroup that I plan to spend more time in.

Not the way she asks it, but the way she follows this up is the real ****kicker. She asks if I ever thought of making money off of my writing. I stammer through explaining how my art would be damaged by financial pressure. She then devolved on a tyraid about how my brother and I are basically summed down to manchildren. Because of how stringent money's gotten and how we haven't got our licenses or held jobs for *gulp* 5 years, if ever. She remarked on how we waste time playing video games and for me, writing.

The back and forth of this argument basically boiled down to self-recrimination, heated accusations, and imagining me flagellating or killing myself. All no matter my efforts to secure these things. The only good I got out of this was signing a few applications through a job search and arranging plans to seek more jobs in my area tomorrow. I felt like the things I was surrounding myself had become ****ty trifles rather that holistic merits.

Because in many ways, she's right. I always had the thought in the back of my mind that my efforts remained half-assed and lazy. Which was exacerbated from never getting results. I'll be 20 soon, and all this resurfaces why I truly feel like ****. Its what I hate about myself and why I think everyone hates me.

But on the same coin, she was so fed up with us through the afternoon to now that whenever I'd report my progress and try to reason with her, it devolved into a ****show of shouting and calling wrongs on behavior every time.

The last of these was when I expressed to her how she never showed compassion for me anymore. How I didn't feel her love because of how she only provides for me instead of making sure I feel good. Needless to say we came to a cold conclusion, for how fed up we both were.

Can't wait to explain this to the therapist.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I dunno if I can trust many of the frequenters here to offer condolences. Sometimes I become so numb with the relative safety and security of my life that I barely need a *****ing outlet. I guess what I'm looking for is sympathy and some advice. Just the mutual feeling that someone understands my gripes and reassure me of the fortune they've had come there way.

Today was one of the most turbulent, depressing days I've had in months. My morning was relaxingly dull, as usual. I was focusing on editing through a story draft (which felt like a brainless slog after a while, but I suppose that goes into the point) I had been focusing on for days. I walk downstairs to get some water, when my mother asks me who I show my writing to. I explain that I have an editor on Smashboards and I am part of a writing usergroup that I plan to spend more time in.

Not the way she asks it, but the way she follows this up is the real ****kicker. She asks if I ever thought of making money off of my writing. I stammer through explaining how my artistic pursuits would be damaged by financial pressure. She devolves on a tyraid about how my brother and I are basically summed down to manchildren. Because of how stringent money's gotten and how we haven't got our licenses or held jobs for *gulp* 5 years, if ever. She remarked on how we waste time playing video games and for me, writing.

The back and forth of this argument basically boiled down to pitiful self-recrimination, heated accusations, and imagining me flagellating or killing myself. All no matter my efforts to secure these things. The only good I got out of this was signing a few applications through a job search and arranging plans to seek more jobs in my area tomorrow. I felt like the things I was surrounding myself had become ****ty trifles rather that holistic merits.

Because in many ways, she's right. I always had the thought in the back of my mind that my efforts remained half-***** and lazy. Which was exacerbated from never getting results. I'll be 20 soon, and all this resurfaces why I truly feel like ****. Its what I hate about myself and why I think everyone hates me.

But on the same coin, she was so fed up with us through the afternoon to now that whenever I'd report my progress and try to reason with her, it devolved into a ****show of shouting and calling wrongs on behavior every time.

The last of these was when I expressed to her how she never showed compassion for me anymore. How I didn't feel her love because of how she only provides for me instead of making sure I feel good. Needless to say we came to a cold conclusion, for how fed up we both were.

Can't wait to explain this to the therapist.
Well, I can at least somewhat relate. I failed every job interview so far, have been out of college for 2 years, and my mom thinks I'm doing nothing with my life. I started applying for Navy Officer Training School LAST YEAR, and apparently I won't get an interview until May. Mom has been pushing me to try to get a new degree in computer sciences, but as far as I can tell school's don't really accept people who already have degrees to get a new degree. She attributes it to me being lazy as if I haven't been trying to get a job besides the part time retail one I've been at for a year...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Driving test on Thursday stressing me out big time. I want to pass so bad...already failed once due to a VERY nitpicky instructor. I keep thinking about it, all I can think of during if assignment period for my semester. I feel like such a loser not having my license at 20 [And, by far, the only one not to have one]. If I pass, I'm going to get a huge seratonin dose and actually feel some happiness in who knows how long. If not...I'm going to lose it probably and have to get in contact with my school therapist asap so I can focus on my assignments after a huge blow like that. Then...if I pass, I'll have a [poor] job, school, and a license, the big 3 for me [Girlfriend is a optional 4th but...]

To clarify, I have no car, and another reason for the stress is that it costs a TON of money to keep getting lessons to get practice since absolutely no one else will help me practice. I am dirt broke and can't afford anymore...spent 1.5 grand so far...I just need the license so badly! Oh, and my learning license expires a month after, and tests are often booked for months. so having NO license at all, not even a learners...couldn't even get into clubs anymore less I got a passport...

tl;dr: Need my license BADLY. Do or die.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Driving test on Thursday stressing me out big time. I want to pass so bad...already failed once due to a VERY nitpicky instructor. I keep thinking about it, all I can think of during if assignment period for my semester. I feel like such a loser not having my license at 20 [And, by far, the only one not to have one]. If I pass, I'm going to get a huge seratonin dose and actually feel some happiness in who knows how long. If not...I'm going to lose it probably and have to get in contact with my school therapist asap so I can focus on my assignments after a huge blow like that. Then...if I pass, I'll have a [poor] job, school, and a license, the big 3 for me [Girlfriend is a optional 4th but...]

To clarify, I have no car, and another reason for the stress is that it costs a TON of money to keep getting lessons to get practice since absolutely no one else will help me practice. I am dirt broke and can't afford anymore...spent 1.5 grand so far...I just need the license so badly! Oh, and my learning license expires a month after, and tests are often booked for months. so having NO license at all, not even a learners...couldn't even get into clubs anymore less I got a passport...

Hey man, good luck

I'm gonna take my test in about a month. It's stressful but I have faith in you. My advice is to always keep clarity of mind when taking the test and take your time no need to rush. :oneeye:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
My mind feels like its constantly being turned against me. My view of reality is distorted. I think of random thoughts, and they bother me to such an extent that I can't focus on anything in life. To give you an example of my irrational thoughts, if I don't start something on a Monday, then I HAVE to wait until next Monday to start it, because I must always start things at the beginning of the week. I also think that Asians and Jews are better than me because in my distorted mind, I attribute their successes not off of culture but race, and I start to think that because Jews dominate so much of science, politics, the media, and economics, that there is a possibility that they invented a device that could control my mind without me even realizing it. **** like this, which has no basis in anything, consume my mind, and I always tell myself that everything will be sorted out by tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes. I feel like I'm delving into irrationality.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

I feel ya. :4shulk:

I'll be 20 in a matter of 3 months and I should've got my license before my 18th birthday. I'm fortunate to have a driving school within walking distance from my residence. I got all the right information from their receptionist and it's really just a matter of having funds to take a few private lessons for my road test. Uh... progress! :urg:

My mind feels like its constantly being turned against me. My view of reality is distorted. I think of random thoughts, and they bother me to such an extent that I can't focus on anything in life. To give you an example of my irrational thoughts, if I don't start something on a Monday, then I HAVE to wait until next Monday to start it, because I must always start things at the beginning of the week. I also think that Asians and Jews are better than me because in my distorted mind, I attribute their successes not off of culture but race, and I start to think that because Jews dominate so much of science, politics, the media, and economics, that there is a possibility that they invented a device that could control my mind without me even realizing it. **** like this, which has no basis in anything, consume my mind, and I always tell myself that everything will be sorted out by tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes. I feel like I'm delving into irrationality.
I actually experience the mental idiosyncrasy you describe seldom in bouts of anxiety. Except my actual thoughts and these bigoted non-sequiters don't ever affect my reality perception because I don't believe they're true in the first place.

The thing is, since I was able to detect and analyze it, it no longer interferes with daily interactions. Since you actually realize what these irrational voices say and how they work, you're actually much closer to solving your problem than you think.

Next time you experience this, recognize that this has been happening to you too many times before, acknowledge its there, and focus back on whatever it is your doing. Just don't "try not thinking about it," because that only makes it more apparent. Address it and it should go away. If that becomes too much for you, go to a secluded area for a few minutes and think about where the misconceptions about your subjects (Asians & Jews) stem from. So if you aren't a closet racist, then you'll disregard your thoughts as fake and dissect the notions that cause those thoughts.

'Cuz putting stock into racist conspiracies isn't healthy. :cyclops:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When talking to girls on facebook I feel like they are judging me a lot harsher than talking to them IRL

Because I can't see or feel their emotions and don't know how to react properly

...Although even IRL I'm not too good at talking to people

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I was taking a quiz for chemistry today when I noticed that I was just about the only one still taking it. I peeked at the desk of the girl in front of me to see if she was taking it for about a second since I thought she was still writing something (pretty sure she was done anyway though wanted to make sure), when suddenly I saw my chemistry teacher just staring at me. We looked at each other for a few seconds though we didn't say anything and I eventually handed in my quiz. I think my teacher thinks that I was trying to cheat even though I wasn't (I would never cheat). The worst part about it is that it's one of those situations where I think he thinks I tried to cheat, though I'm not exactly sure. So instead of having the opportunity to explain myself, I pretty much have to just ignore and let him think what he thinks. I actually kind of wish it was Monday so I could see what he thinks of me now (how he greets me in the morning).

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I just realized i'm not depressed even though I should be.

To start off. I'm failing in school. Badly. I have 4 freaking F's right now. Certainly doesn't help that I'm a ****ing stupid and lazy person. And to make things even worse is that I have trouble completing task thanks to my anxiety, which I don't have friends and can't make friends thanks to that. To make things even more worse is the fact that I'm ugly as hell and morbidly obese. I don't have the willpower to lose weight, and have heart disease issues at a young age. These problems I have gives me suicidal thoughts every single day.

And yet, I don't feel depressed. Well... maybe I am and just don't realize it...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

To start off. I'm failing in school. Badly. I have 4 freaking F's right now. Certainly doesn't help that I'm a ****ing stupid and lazy person. And to make things even worse is that I have trouble completing task thanks to my anxiety, which I don't have friends and can't make friends thanks to that. To make things even more worse is the fact that I'm ugly as hell and morbidly obese. I don't have the willpower to lose weight, and have heart disease issues at a young age. These problems I have gives me suicidal thoughts every single day.

And yet, I don't feel depressed. Well... maybe I am and just don't realize it...
A lot of people who are depressed don't realize it. You probably are if you have suicidal thoughts.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm having feelings of doubt in my artistic abilities. I'd like to bring them to light, but my anxiety oftentimes forces me to just... fear going forward.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

If anything, your clincher ironically detects that you're possibly depressed. As if your wording didn't bring it home. :sadeyes:

I recommend you seek a counselor or a therapist, as I can't dig much deeper from here. Mental health is stigmatized, yes. But getting over this and speaking with someone about it can help strategize your life around how you feel. Also, if you are convinced you're depressed, it's better to psychoanalyze it instead of being a hypochondriac. It'll save you from more anxiety.

I'm having feelings of doubt in my artistic abilities. I'd like to bring them to light, but my anxiety oftentimes forces me to just... fear going forward.
I empathize with you. What you're feeling is something just about every artist goes through or has gone through. Myself included. We remain humble about our own abilities. We remind outsiders how incompetent we regard ourselves, as if to invalidate their impressions. Like, a lot of my drawings on Miiverse I don't feel are as polished as more popular users and I'm still at a fundamentals state of learning.

Telling your doubts is key to improvement. It's basically a rite of passage for artists. The anxiety is just fear of feeling fear (and I get crippled by it).

But enough. I'd rather help you improve than talk you up. I encourage you to describe what you think is wrong, and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I just broke up with my fiancé... Yeah, not the best day of my life...

D

Deleted member

By Grandpa just passed away :crying:
I'm very sorry to hear that. My condolences go out to you and your family.

As for me, I feel like my older sister hates me and doesn't want me in her life. Everytime she wants to go somewhere and do something she always says no and gives me no reason as to why I can't come. Like today for example my sister and my niece were going to go out of the town to do something and I asked nicely if I can come and she said no. It's like this every time I want to do something with her. All I want to do is to be close to my sister but all she does is push me away and ignore me. Sometimes she even resorts to violence and physically hurts me. I have a huge scar on my ankle from her which is a constant reminder of how awful she is towards me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The mother-f****** cat sprayed my favorite jacket last night, and I didn't notice until now that I am at my appointment in the waiting room! I'm about ready to say "F*** waiting for Dakin!", and cut his balls off myself! >_______<

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The mother-f****** cat sprayed my favorite jacket last night, and I didn't notice until now that I am at my appointment in the waiting room! I'm about ready to say "F*** waiting for Dakin!", and cut his balls off myself! >_______<

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Cannot complete the task assigned to me at work because I'm not registered as ower of the system, which is triggering an adminstrative conflict.

Top Bottom