• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I now lost my other best friend for absolutely no reason. So now, today, by two "best friends" refused to even look at me. Plans with another friend fell through. So I make plans with ANOTHER person and they also go down the toilet.
There must have been a reason. It may have a stupid childish assanine reason, but best friends don't leave for no reason at all. You are not telling us the whole story.

Berndelta

Smash Rookie
There must have been a reason. It may have a stupid childish assanine reason, but best friends don't leave for no reason at all. You are not telling us the whole story.
We were fine like normal, then I'm home after work and he texts me asking to hang out. I say I can't because I have plans. Then he's like, "Okay but can we at least talk?" So I tell him that yes, we can. But then he never replied, and has since refused to even look at me at work.

If there's a reason, I sure as hell don't know it. 2 best friends down.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
It's okay I lost my best friend to drugs, all he does is get wasted every day and I don't really want to be around that. Sure weekends are for that stuff but not every day.

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
(sigh) I'm feeling kinda down today because my grandmother's sister is in the hospital with breast cancer. They didn't catch it early enough, and today we found out that she's probably going to die very soon. My grandmother is devastated because her sister is her only surviving sibling (her brothers are all dead, one sister died ten years ago, and another sister died six years ago) and now my grandmother's going to be the only one still alive.

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Today I was in school (9th grade) and fell asleep around 10:20am in Music while we were watching a movie. When I "woke up" I couldn't open my eyes an I couldn't close my mouth or move my arms. My arms felt numb and I could hear myself breathing a little bit louder than normal. I tried closing my mouth but I couldn't yet I could hear people talking in the classroom. I moved my hands to a point where they were together and couldn't move them any further. Finally I attempted to move my legs and my eyes opened and I was fine. The clock said 10:40. I was so scared... ;-;

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Today I was in school (9th grade) and fell asleep around 10:20am in Music while we were watching a movie. When I "woke up" I couldn't open my eyes an I couldn't close my mouth or move my arms. My arms felt numb and I could hear myself breathing a little bit louder than normal. I tried closing my mouth but I couldn't yet I could hear people talking in the classroom. I moved my hands to a point where they were together and couldn't move them any further. Finally I attempted to move my legs and my eyes opened and I was fine. The clock said 10:40. I was so scared... ;-;
It's just sleep paralysis bro
you're fine, i used to get it multiple times before falling asleep, except for me it'd be like I knew I was asleep and then like my mind falls out of my body and all i see is just my body as I fall, it's actually pretty cool, then I'd shake myself awake.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
you're fine, i used to get it multiple times before falling asleep, except for me it'd be like I knew I was asleep and then like my mind falls out of my body and all i see is just my body as I fall, it's actually pretty cool, then I'd shake myself awake.
Thanks for reassuring me its fine. The thing is, I never had it happen before so I didn't know what was going on. Not knowing what was happening made it even more scary.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Thanks for reassuring me its fine. The thing is, I never had it happen before so I didn't know what was going on. Not knowing what was happening made it even more scary.
It might be triggered by stress, are you going through a lot of it?

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
It might be triggered by stress, are you going through a lot of it?
No, everything is fine here. Nothing has changed in my life recently either. I doubt age could mean anything on the subject, but I just turned 15 three days ago. Also my brothers and mom have at least had sleep paralysis happen to them once in their life. Could it just be something that runs in a family?

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
No, everything is fine here. Nothing has changed in my life recently either. I doubt age could mean anything on the subject, but I just turned 15 three days ago. Also my brothers and mom have at least had sleep paralysis happen to them once in their life. Could it just be something that runs in a family?
It can run in the family but you also could just be sleep deprived or have an irregular sleeping pattern.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I have no idea what I'm doing with this girl I started talking to. It started out as potential partner to have a child with, but now its the weird intimateless relationship where we are always talking to each other despite being introduced less than a wek ago. As I write that I realize its no small a deal to be stressed out about, in anycase this child thing probably won't work because her plans are to move half way across the world. Anyways I hink she misonctrued what I wrote and got offended/feels pushed away because of it. Just gotta correct that I guess.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Explain what you mean by this
I want a child without a relationship and she wants the same thing so a mututal friend introduced us.

Its hard to get a good feel for how stable things are between us.

Last edited:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I'd say I'm unhappy because of my work, I have 2/5 years done to become a mechanical engineer, but I had to stop because of lack of funds, now I'm working as a full time Price Quoter for steel parts, Its very difficult since I have to immagine the entire process to create a part from a blueprint then determine the time and the cost aswell as weigh and travel times/costs. Its a very hard job and very stressful aswell.

I've been away from my most of my friends since we've graduated and haven't gone back to study for about a year (might become 2 years). I can't get a girlfriend since I broke up with my last one. I'm becoming severely anti-social and generally depressed. I honestly can't wait for my life to start going forward again, if it ever will...

Shaq

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want a child without a relationship and she wants the same thing so a mututal friend introduced us.

Its hard to get a good feel for how stable things are between us.
Man I feel sorry fo yo future kids man wtf

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
I feel incredibly empty right now.

Like the energy is being drained right from my ****ing body.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Man I feel sorry fo yo future kids man wtf
Why do you feel that?

It shouldn't be any worse than the kids of 50% of the marriages that fail lol. The world is changing, get with the times.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have been putting out applications for a new job but sadly nothing has turned out well. I have had several interviews, asked to make a conceptual lesson plan, etc etc etc but never nailed the interview. Which sucks because some of those jobs that I applied for were ones I was really excited for and put a lot of work into the material I prepared for the interview.

And our cat when ballistic today while me and my wife were both gone today (I had to go to work and my wife took her mom to the hospital). So he ended up running full force into our thick-paper sliding doors and burst a hole right through it. This is also added into the wallpaper he has torn up, the other paper doors he has scratched, and other apartment damage. Unfortunately, we have to fix and pay for all of this up front and its looking to be upwards to 2-3k.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I have been putting out applications for a new job but sadly nothing has turned out well. I have had several interviews, asked to make a conceptual lesson plan, etc etc etc but never nailed the interview. Which sucks because some of those jobs that I applied for were ones I was really excited for and put a lot of work into the material I prepared for the interview.
That really sucks. It makes me wonder what the hell they were looking for from an interviewee.

And our cat when ballistic today while me and my wife were both gone today (I had to go to work and my wife took her mom to the hospital). So he ended up running full force into our thick-paper sliding doors and burst a hole right through it. This is also added into the wallpaper he has torn up, the other paper doors he has scratched, and other apartment damage. Unfortunately, we have to fix and pay for all of this up front and its looking to be upwards to 2-3k.
Was it a bedroom door, bathroom door, or the front or back door? Still, your cat must've been booking it to be able to burst through a door. Maybe he was bored and didn't have enough stimulation to keep him busy, or high places to claim as his own? Who can say?

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
I've had sleep paralysis for years. Still do, as a matter of fact. It runs in my family.

Yesterday, I had to go to two different doctors. In the first doctor's waiting room, I waited for an hour and a half and started to get antsy. The second one was quicker, but I was exhausted by the time I got home. When I got home, I had dinner and went straight to bed, even though the sun had only just set.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That really sucks. It makes me wonder what the hell they were looking for from an interviewee.

Was it a bedroom door, bathroom door, or the front or back door? Still, your cat must've been booking it to be able to burst through a door. Maybe he was bored and didn't have enough stimulation to keep him busy, or high places to claim as his own? Who can say?
We have our main room which doubles as a bedroom and a family room. His food is in there. It's connected to our kitchen where his kitty litter is and the door was open. The door he jumped through connects to a hallway which leads to the front door, our living room, and bathroom so I don't really know why he felt like bursting through it.

This is the culprit. I found him back in June at the junior high school I teach English at. He was around two months, starved, injured, and sick with his eyes basically shut. He had walked into the school crying. I guess he was being attacked by a crow but a teacher chased the crow away. So I decided to take him home and healed him. He had so many dead, mites, and tapeworms inside of him ><

Attachments

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
We have our main room which doubles as a bedroom and a family room. His food is in there. It's connected to our kitchen where his kitty litter is and the door was open. The door he jumped through connects to a hallway which leads to the front door, our living room, and bathroom so I don't really know why he felt like bursting through it.

This is the culprit. I found him back in June at the junior high school I teach English at. He was around two months, starved, injured, and sick with his eyes basically shut. He had walked into the school crying. I guess he was being attacked by a crow but a teacher chased the crow away. So I decided to take him home and healed him. He had so many dead, mites, and tapeworms inside of him ><
Poor neko! :( Glad he found a nice home.

I'm tired of not being able to land jobs. My mom keeps comparing me to others and telling me I should have picked a better major...like I can change any of that now.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
He sure is a handsome fellow.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Poor neko! :( Glad he found a nice home.

I'm tired of not being able to land jobs. My mom keeps comparing me to others and telling me I should have picked a better major...like I can change any of that now.
I find most people can land a job in their actually major straight out of college and, if they do, they are either incredibly lucky, have connections, or chose a field with tons of jobs in it. For example, I double majored in Asian Studies and Art History with a Japanese minor but I am teaching English and looking to make that my career >.>

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I find most people can land a job in their actually major straight out of college and, if they do, they are either incredibly lucky, have connections, or chose a field with tons of jobs in it. For example, I double majored in Asian Studies and Art History with a Japanese minor but I am teaching English and looking to make that my career >.>
Yeah, my problem is that I've been out of college for almost two years, took an internship that led nowhere, and was forced to move back home where there aren't very many jobs in my area of study. Doesn't help that most of the connections I made in college studied different fields...would have been easier if I got in to econ or communication, but I couldn't meet the required GPAs for those areas. Originally studied Film and Media Studies as a double major, but after failing to get into communication, I had too many units to get a new major. So I graduated with Film and Media Studies, and a minor in anthropology because I liked taking classes on different cultures.

Attempted to apply for JET program twice, not getting an interview both times. Would be too scared to apply for different eikawa because of stories I heard...plus they don't pay as much. At this point, I am waiting for a response by the Navy about officer training, which I have one final interview thing. I'm pretty much committed at this point if I get accepted, but the interview thing doesn't convene until spring. So for now, I'm applying for other jobs, mostly admin assistant ones through craigslist. Applying for navy officer position because they could help pay for grad school if I went that route. If I don't get in the program, and if I can't find a job by then, I think I'll apply and see if I can get into one of those computer science bootcamp things in the Bay Area that should last for 3 months...Basically I don't have any set long term goals and have to rely on luck...

TheSteveEngine

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSteveEngine
3DS FC
3909-7548-2082
I feel a bit bad complaining about my problems since they're not too big in comparison to the other issues I read through in this thread, but I wanted to poke my head into places that aren't Smash related. I hope I'm not posting in a wrong place.

I was sick this week and last week, which really impeded the progress of this artwork I was working on for my art competition tomorrow. I also damaged my right index finger which didn't help matters. It didn't help that my schoolwork basically multiplied the past week, which lead to some time I could've used to sleep last night, since I'm not fully recovered yet. It's really frustrating for me having to submit an art piece I know that I could've done better on.

It doesn't help that I can't seem to feel my shoulders, although my arms and hands are fine enough so that I can at least draw and play video games. Hopefully it's no indication that my arms are coming off, I'd hate for a sore throat and headache to snowball into amputation. Can't draw or Smash if my arms are inactive, after all. Hopefully sleeping a bit over the weekend will fix that. Maybe.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I feel a bit bad complaining about my problems since they're not too big in comparison to the other issues I read through in this thread, but I wanted to poke my head into places that aren't Smash related. I hope I'm not posting in a wrong place.

I was sick this week and last week, which really impeded the progress of this artwork I was working on for my art competition tomorrow. I also damaged my right index finger which didn't help matters. It didn't help that my schoolwork basically multiplied the past week, which lead to some time I could've used to sleep last night, since I'm not fully recovered yet. It's really frustrating for me having to submit an art piece I know that I could've done better on.

It doesn't help that I can't seem to feel my shoulders, although my arms and hands are fine enough so that I can at least draw and play video games. Hopefully it's no indication that my arms are coming off, I'd hate for a sore throat and headache to snowball into amputation. Can't draw or Smash if my arms are inactive, after all. Hopefully sleeping a bit over the weekend will fix that. Maybe.
I don't think you'll need to amputate them, but did you check with a doctor just in case? Better to be safe. Hope you feel better soon!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
....im not entirely sure you will need to amputate any limbs because that seems like one of those 'extreme measures' sort of deals

TheSteveEngine

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSteveEngine
3DS FC
3909-7548-2082
I wrote amputation as a joke, but I guess that's a bit insensitive. My apologies.On the plus side my arms feel better than they have the past few days.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I need a hug...

My Wii U is showing an "Invalid Disk" problem. Digging online, I come to find that my problem isn't uncommon. Worst case scenario: I have to send my Wii U to Nintendo for repairs or a replacement. I didn't think I'd be this down in the dumps over a piece of hardware, but I am...

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I need a hug...

My Wii U is showing an "Invalid Disk" problem. Digging online, I come to find that my problem isn't uncommon. Worst case scenario: I have to send my Wii U to Nintendo for repairs or a replacement. I didn't think I'd be this down in the dumps over a piece of hardware, but I am...
*Hugs*
^-^

Something has been on my mind since talking to my friends last night. I'm going to walk you through what happened.

I'm on the phone with Kim, my best friend, playing Minecraft together. Kim's little brother, Shaun, who is 2 years younger than us walks up and asks if he can play it with us. Kim explains that it costs money for an extra account for him to play. I then told Shaun that I had an extra account he could use if he downloaded Minecraft on his computer. I try getting Kim to explain how and where to download Minecraft, but he keeps putting it off.

About an hour later, Kim is watching a movie and I am talking on the phone with Shaun while playing Super Smash Flash 2 online with him.

I say "Shaun, lemme show you how to download Minecraft now so we can play it together."

Guess what he says?

"Kim told me not to talk about that with you..."

WHAT? What the actual heck. This could possibly mean that Kim is pulling more strings with Lars and I behind my back... I feel somewhat betrayed that he would make his brother not talk about something with me...

These are fake names because I know they are picky about their names on the internet...

EDIT: So now Shaun says he cant play smash with me yet he is posting to miiverse with smash pictures. He emailed and said that he "Doesn't know why he can't play it with me, he just can't" This situation is looking toxic

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I wrote amputation as a joke, but I guess that's a bit insensitive. My apologies.On the plus side my arms feel better than they have the past few days.
not too insensitive, but just want to make sure you arent overthinking it lol
Internet is difficult to relay speech patterns/emotion

_gold_

Smash Master
I'm unhappy because I want a cup of coffee, but it's too late in the day to have a cup of coffee.
Also, world peace is unattainable.

Last edited:

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I have schizophrenia. I can't go for help because the label would ruin my life and I'm not a danger to others as much as to myself.

I find myself believing things without any base like I thought my brother drown to death and I went to the funeral and everything. He never went swimming.

Also for years I thought nidoking was in melee, he was just an underrated mid tier no one really used. And now I know why.

Once I sat down next to a bush for half an hour and I changed my personal in how I talked and I didn't even know it till someone asked who I was talking to.

I have short hallucinations that pop up about once ayear to 2 times a day.

But i swear I can hear static in the air of other imcomplete thoughts. But i can't hear anything. It's frustrating to be so sure of it.

Just scary I'm the most stable person around and have a good paying job and am somehow on top it all. Just annoyed by extra thoughts in my head right. It's not voices just like thoughts of thoughts or static imcomplete words or images

Top Bottom