• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
I HATE ITUNES!!!!!

Yesterday it randomly put 2-3 of every song on my iPhone when I synced it... Now today, I keep trying to sync a new album I bought a physical copy of, onto my iPhone, but it isn't showing, even though it's checked in the Sync list. FML.
lmao why would you use itunes anyway? get foobar2000 like the rest of us

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sorry to hear that Jet :c

--

Was going to a bar for DOLLAR TACO TUESDAYS (best day) with my roommate tonight which is usually awesome
when i walked in the bar, a seemingly drunk guy was walking out
he turns to me and starts talking...

"Hey girl. Where you goin'" as I am obviously making my way into the bar
I just rolled my eyes and kept walking
"Do you like to smoke weed?"
For some reason, he just really had to keep talking. I replied with some colorful words (mostly just 'F off asshole') and kept walking
"I got what you need! I got a big D."

At that point, I flipped him off and walked into the bar

that just got me really annoyed. im tired and i just took a midterm....I DONT FEEL LIKE DEALIN WITH THIS CRAP.

/rant

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
For some reason, he just really had to keep talking. I replied with some colorful words (mostly just 'F off *******') and kept walking

Wow, times when Im really glad Im a dude lol

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Was going to a bar for DOLLAR TACO TUESDAYS (best day) with my roommate tonight which is usually awesome
when i walked in the bar, a seemingly drunk guy was walking out
he turns to me and starts talking...

For some reason, he just really had to keep talking. I replied with some colorful words (mostly just 'F off *******') and kept walking

that just got me really annoyed. im tired and i just took a midterm....I DONT FEEL LIKE DEALIN WITH THIS CRAP.

/rant
*sighs* It's random nonsense from d***s like that that ruins the reputation of us all. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

My dog died today.
You have my condolences, Jet.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Some of my friends really aren't doing well. I'm really worried that thier going to do something stupid like hurt themselves. I really wish I was in a better position to help other people out. I just feel a bit helpless sometimes.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I've been spiraling down into a pit of depression. It's getting worse by the day, and I don't know what to do anymore.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So I've beeb kind of upset now for the past 2 weeks. Why? Because I believe I may of contracted permanent tinnitus,

I went to a rave with my friend 2 weeks agos without earplugs. I foolishly assumed the music wouldn't be that loud, because I've been to events similar in the past that never made my ears ring. But I was wrong. This event was far louder than I've ever experienced before. I went to sleep that night thinking it would leave in the morning. And it did...for my right ear. My left however, remains affliected by this ringing status. It has gone done in the past few days, but it concerns me. Most people online say, after doing some research, that it's supposed to go away in "a few days to a week".

But I's been 2 weeks now! It concerns me greatly. 2 doctors I saw in a walk in clinic too said "It'll be fine in a week" after visiting a doctor after a few days of ringing when I first got it. But it hasn't. I fear they may just have no idea. Although it's better than before and I can hear perfectly fine, I 'm scared that I may have ringing in my left ear permanetly...

It depresses me. First time my ears have ever rang, and it's been lasting far longer than the average person. Why? Why me? Many people get off the hook in a few days from ringing ears after a concert, no problem. I don't even go to these events often, this was the first rave I've been to in a year or so. So I just happen to be the one who gets extra punishment? I wasn't even near the speaker, and it was only 3 hours. Most tinnitus is supposed to be cause by prolonged noise exposure. But apparently for me, nope. One shot, I may have it for life. Just me and my awful luck. I learned my lesson, I'll always wear earplugs now. Why does just one time have to cause this trauma onto me!?!

So while this is depressing me, does anyone else have or have had tinnitus before? Has anyone else taken this long to hear after noise exposure like a rave or concert?

Please give me some advice. I don't know if I can handle tinnitus for the rest of my life. There's no cure for it either. Sigh.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
I snapped a controller handle off and sliced my hand open in two locations during the process, crap.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
So I've beeb kind of upset now for the past 2 weeks. Why? Because I believe I may of contracted permanent tinnitus,

I went to a rave with my friend 2 weeks agos without earplugs. I foolishly assumed the music wouldn't be that loud, because I've been to events similar in the past that never made my ears ring. But I was wrong. This event was far louder than I've ever experienced before. I went to sleep that night thinking it would leave in the morning. And it did...for my right ear. My left however, remains affliected by this ringing status. It has gone done in the past few days, but it concerns me. Most people online say, after doing some research, that it's supposed to go away in "a few days to a week".

But I's been 2 weeks now! It concerns me greatly. 2 doctors I saw in a walk in clinic too said "It'll be fine in a week" after visiting a doctor after a few days of ringing when I first got it. But it hasn't. I fear they may just have no idea. Although it's better than before and I can hear perfectly fine, I 'm scared that I may have ringing in my left ear permanetly...

It depresses me. First time my ears have ever rang, and it's been lasting far longer than the average person. Why? Why me? Many people get off the hook in a few days from ringing ears after a concert, no problem. I don't even go to these events often, this was the first rave I've been to in a year or so. So I just happen to be the one who gets extra punishment? I wasn't even near the speaker, and it was only 3 hours. Most tinnitus is supposed to be cause by prolonged noise exposure. But apparently for me, nope. One shot, I may have it for life. Just me and my awful luck. I learned my lesson, I'll always wear earplugs now. Why does just one time have to cause this trauma onto me!?!

So while this is depressing me, does anyone else have or have had tinnitus before? Has anyone else taken this long to hear after noise exposure like a rave or concert?

Please give me some advice. I don't know if I can handle tinnitus for the rest of my life. There's no cure for it either. Sigh.
I have what I like to call two "layers" of tinnitus. The first is a high-frequency whine, like the kind a TV makes, in my left ear. This started completely at random when I was in third grade. I still remember the day it started; I heard the high-frequency noise I always heard when the living room TV was on. I went downstairs to shut it off, only to find that the TV was already off. It frightened me, and for a few nights I thought I had brain cancer or something, but I never told anyone about it, and eventually just got used to it.

The second is something that started more recently, around the end of college or maybe the year immediately following it. Around this time, I attended four or five rock concerts. Sure, they were loud, but no louder than any of the dozens of concerts my numerous tinnitus-free friends had been to in their lives. And yet, I found myself with a slight but noticeable ringing in my right ear--worse at some times than others, namely when I was tired or stressed. Me, of all people, who didn't even start listening to music until halfway through high school and didn't attend a rock concert until well into college. Yet somehow, these few exposures were enough to leave a lasting, ringing impression, and nobody else I knew suffered from it, in spite of the fact that many of my friends are concert fanatics who've never worn earplugs in their life.

It kind of plagued me on and off for several years. And by that, I mean it was always there, but I'd just forget about it and not notice it for several weeks/months at a time, then I'd suddenly remember it again and couldn't stop noticing it for several weeks/months, and then the cycle would repeat itself. I preferred busy days because they kept me occupied, kept me from remembering it and hearing it. Sometimes I'd go on researching sprees trying to find out all about the causes, and about treatments, and potential cures (note: there is ongoing research on tinnitus and cures for it. Obviously it's not as big a research area as, say, cancer or something, but there is hope for effective treatments/cures in our lifetime). About a year ago, I went through a period of intense almost-depression where I couldn't stomach the fact that I'll probably never hear complete and utter silence.

But shortly afterward, I came to accept it, and now, I've even embraced it. It's not like it prevents me from hearing the world normally. I am still able to hear all the things that go on in the world, just as I always have, and I still have better hearing than any of my friends (ie, I can pick up subtle noises that they can't). Now I've gotten to the point where I own it; it's my tinnitus. It's part of me, and it's always there with me--it's a constant in my life, something I'll have even if things around me change. And there's something oddly comforting about that. It's not my enemy anymore. It's a friend. An annoying friend, but a friend nonetheless.

I don't usually post much in this room, and I don't even check these threads very often, but I happened to see your post and felt obligated to respond. I know what it feels like to have that ringing in your ears which no one around you seems to understand, even if they are sympathetic about it. It's made me feel silly, at times--sure, it's an annoying sound in my ear, but it's not like it's hurting me, not like it's preventing me from doing all the things I've always done, not like it's a debilitating disease that will cause me to wither away and die, so what right do I have to feel tormented and depressed over something that's so superficial? What right do I have to feel depressed over a little ringing in my ears, when there are people in the world fighting real disease and poverty and pain and anguish? But it did make me feel tormented and depressed, and that's okay. The prospect of hearing it forever, especially when you lie down to sleep and the world is silent and you can't not think about it, can be depressing. But I moved past that.

Anyway, I hope that your tinnitus does go away, like the doctors said. But just know that, even though it might be depressing at times, it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't have to be depressing.

Sarix

Smash Ace
So I lost a friend because I was tired and drained from the way he would take potentially intellectual discussions and go on soap box rants. Then proceed to attack me for having a different opinion. After just not talking to him for a couple months so I could focus on college he confronted online and threw a tantrum at my reasoning. Ironically he said" He couldn't believe he was the only one who could be an adult that can take when their opinion was wrong." Then said thanks for wasting his time.

Whatever though, can't say I'm surprised it happened. When we first met a year ago he told me he had trouble keeping friends because they were all flakes, I believe he's the flaky one though. especially since he doesn't seem to try and understand how the way he acts will only drive people away.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I have what I like to call two "layers" of tinnitus. The first is a high-frequency whine, like the kind a TV makes, in my left ear. This started completely at random when I was in third grade. I still remember the day it started; I heard the high-frequency noise I always heard when the living room TV was on. I went downstairs to shut it off, only to find that the TV was already off. It frightened me, and for a few nights I thought I had brain cancer or something, but I never told anyone about it, and eventually just got used to it.

The second is something that started more recently, around the end of college or maybe the year immediately following it. Around this time, I attended four or five rock concerts. Sure, they were loud, but no louder than any of the dozens of concerts my numerous tinnitus-free friends had been to in their lives. And yet, I found myself with a slight but noticeable ringing in my right ear--worse at some times than others, namely when I was tired or stressed. Me, of all people, who didn't even start listening to music until halfway through high school and didn't attend a rock concert until well into college. Yet somehow, these few exposures were enough to leave a lasting, ringing impression, and nobody else I knew suffered from it, in spite of the fact that many of my friends are concert fanatics who've never worn earplugs in their life.

It kind of plagued me on and off for several years. And by that, I mean it was always there, but I'd just forget about it and not notice it for several weeks/months at a time, then I'd suddenly remember it again and couldn't stop noticing it for several weeks/months, and then the cycle would repeat itself. I preferred busy days because they kept me occupied, kept me from remembering it and hearing it. Sometimes I'd go on researching sprees trying to find out all about the causes, and about treatments, and potential cures (note: there is ongoing research on tinnitus and cures for it. Obviously it's not as big a research area as, say, cancer or something, but there is hope for effective treatments/cures in our lifetime). About a year ago, I went through a period of intense almost-depression where I couldn't stomach the fact that I'll probably never hear complete and utter silence.

But shortly afterward, I came to accept it, and now, I've even embraced it. It's not like it prevents me from hearing the world normally. I am still able to hear all the things that go on in the world, just as I always have, and I still have better hearing than any of my friends (ie, I can pick up subtle noises that they can't). Now I've gotten to the point where I own it; it's my tinnitus. It's part of me, and it's always there with me--it's a constant in my life, something I'll have even if things around me change. And there's something oddly comforting about that. It's not my enemy anymore. It's a friend. An annoying friend, but a friend nonetheless.

I don't usually post much in this room, and I don't even check these threads very often, but I happened to see your post and felt obligated to respond. I know what it feels like to have that ringing in your ears which no one around you seems to understand, even if they are sympathetic about it. It's made me feel silly, at times--sure, it's an annoying sound in my ear, but it's not like it's hurting me, not like it's preventing me from doing all the things I've always done, not like it's a debilitating disease that will cause me to wither away and die, so what right do I have to feel tormented and depressed over something that's so superficial? What right do I have to feel depressed over a little ringing in my ears, when there are people in the world fighting real disease and poverty and pain and anguish? But it did make me feel tormented and depressed, and that's okay. The prospect of hearing it forever, especially when you lie down to sleep and the world is silent and you can't not think about it, can be depressing. But I moved past that.

Anyway, I hope that your tinnitus does go away, like the doctors said. But just know that, even though it might be depressing at times, it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't have to be depressing.

I greatly appreciate the time you've taken to respond to my problem. As of today, it's still ringing at virtually the same frequency as the past few days. I'm still struggling with it though a lot. My mind constantly flips from optimism ("Oh it could of been worse, I can still hear." "It's not like it can get any louder") to pessimism ("First time ever with ringing ears, and I don't even get to learn from my mistake with any fresh slate. Stuck with my error of not wearing earplugs that one (mediocre) night forever.)

Fortunately, it's pretty much the lowest priority noise around, mostly everything else overshadows it. But it's making me cut back on things I've enjoyed before that dreaded night. I'm a big music fanatic, and now I've just started 2 days ago to stop wearing headphones at the gym altogether. Stupid me again, I should of started that right away. Probably greatly ruined my chances of recovery, if I even have a chance. I went to a party yesterday, and it was relieving because all of the chatter made my tinnitus impossible to hear. But I couldn't even muster the will to socially drink. Now I rarely, rarely go to house parties or drink at all. But I could only drink one 5% alcoholic drink that night just because of my fear of the alcohol making my tinnitus worse. So, I couldn't really get into the party as much as I wanted to... . Along with ruining music and parties for me, it has also taken away my will to go to any metal concerts whatsoever in the future. Guess I'm cancelling Lamb of God when it comes to my area, strictly out of fear for my ear. Of course, I get angry again because I think of all my friends who recover from ringing ears in a matter of days. Angrier when I hear people rolling down the street in their cars with their blaring stereo systems. No respect for anyone, and they get off scot free, no tinnitus for them despite this being an everyday occurence! I mean, they don't get punished from CONSTANT noise exposure at all. Me, just one time. Never constantly exposing myself to loud noise more than...that 3 hours on that cursed night.

I keep such good care of my health, don't smoke or drink excessively whatsoever like some of my fellow friends, and yet, now I'm permanently impaired with this noise. This burden. If having depression already wasn't enough anyways. And at age 19. Not as young as when you got it, GoldShadow, but I just feel so miserable knowing that unless there's a miracle and it goes away in the next 5 days or so, It'll be the 3 week marks. After that, I've heard of virtually no cases of healing then. Even my 2 week mark is the very extreme for restoration. I'm stuck with it for the next 50+ years assumably. I've had some "great" thoughts in the future about when I get older, it's going to become nigh impossible to go to sleep, as I've stupid about the sleep cycles of adults in psychology class. It's going to be impossible. I can't even sleep on my left ear now. It's a blessing I've been able to even go to sleep without some sort of white noise. I've even had my religion waver greatly because of this incident. Thanks God, for this ringing and all the even more immense pain that people around the world have to deal with!

And the doctors, which I've seen 3 in medical clinics, pretty much have no clue. I asked my doctor "Would Lipoflavonoid be viable fora temporary relief as a medicine for helping my ringing ear?" "...What's that?" Sigh. I want to see an ENT specialist, but it's a month waitlist. By then, I'll know my answer if I have permanent tinnitus by the time period passed or not. So what's the point? What's the point of telling anyone? Not like they can help except criticise my decision of not wearing earplugs that night. Want to know what angers me more? These places obnoxiously play music that those harmful decibels and do NOT give proper warning to bring hearing protection. Why not?!? They shouldn't even let people into places without proper earplugs I think. But nope. They assume idiots like me on their first time out to events like this are just going to know it's going to be loud enough to forever curse your life. Society is messed up and doesn't care.

Ok, I think I'm done. I really needed to vent. I'm trying to pull though...but it's tough. It brings me down my mood to know that I'll never hear the beautiful sound of pure silence again. That moment when I stood on top of a mountain I hiked with my friend, and we stood in silence and heard nothing but the birds chirping and the wind playfully breezing though the canvas. It will never sound the same with that constant irritating whistling accompanying me on any future nature trips I take. Thanks again GoldShadow. I don't know how, but painfully, I may just have to start acknowledging that buzzing noise...as a annoying friend...

EDIT: Even now, I keep editing this post with more and more misery...

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Got a flat on the highway while returning to Pittsburgh from Cleveland

im just salty about it = ^ =

eating my feelings with good chinese food though...
....so i will be feeling better soon.

until i have to will myself to go to the bodyshop tomorrow to either get the tire patched or get a new tire
blahhhhh effort

---

edit: IT GOT WORSE
BED BUG INFESTATION APPARENTLY
hopefully we are catching it early enough that one major house cleaning will fix the problem
but yeah im so mad
hotel we stayed at for youmacon apparently had em....and we didnt find out until it was too late :c

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I tried coming out to my mom again today. (About a year since the last attempt)

Didn't go so well... *sigh*

I wasn't even prepared, it came up accidentally when I asked for advice on my friend that's been suicidal lately. (She's suicidal because she wants to trans etc etc) Which brought my mom to ask if I was still having "gay thoughts". I didn't respond because it was unexpected, and she asked again. I was sick of lying, I told her I'm gay and she started getting emotional and pulling out her Bible quoting verse by verse. I should've been prepared to fight back because of all the research I have done, but I couldn't speak... I wasn't prepared, I couldn't remember anything. She then threatened that if I continued being gay, I wouldn't be welcome in her house anymore.

I'll be 18 in February. I'm gonna start setting aside some money... I have a friend that offered to get an apartment with me and we split the rent. As of now, I think that's the best option. This hurts so much.

=/

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
That's really awful
Ugh, I HATE when people use the bible to 'threaten the gay away'

Did Christians really forget 'WWJD'? >:I

Hope things will get better for ya, White Mage

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
So now I'm back "In the closet". For now, at least. My mom has been freaking out all week. She finally made me say I would change. (Yeah good luck with that) My Dad has yet to comment on the issue, even though he knows.

I'm saving my money, and I am going to start making some friends so I have people to run to if necessary. (Before I was afraid to make many friends because I was worried they would find out I'm gay and reject me, now I seriously don't gaf. There's more important issues at hand.) I may/may not go to a PFlag meeting in my area... idk much about it. (If anyone has experience please PM me or something)

But, ugh. I thought they would at least try to listen, or research, SOMETHING. Nope, instant "change or gtfo" basically.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

Posting this documentary here because I feel it's relevant to the issue, it features few stories of people who have gone trough the same process. It's really touching and if I was gay I would show it to my christian parents who don't understand. I once asked my mom how she would react if I was gay and she said that she would feel really guilty and feel like she had brought me up "wrong" if I "turned out like that". It kinda shocked me because my mom's a really nice person. I'm sure things get better for you White Mage, just don't give up and be proud of who you are! :)

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium

Posting this documentary here because I feel it's relevant to the issue, it features few stories of people who have gone trough the same process. It's really touching and if I was gay I would show it to my christian parents who don't understand. I once asked my mom how she would react if I was gay and she said that she would feel really guilty and feel like she had brought me up "wrong" if I "turned out like that". It kinda shocked me because my mom's a really nice person. I'm sure things get better for you White Mage, just don't give up and be proud of who you are! :)

So halfway through the video, I saw the cartoon, and at the end it stated the info was based on studies that can be found in any university.. except possibly Bob Jones University in South Carolina. That's the University my mother so desperately wants me to go to. GG lol

Schoo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4811-7465-8082
So halfway through the video, I saw the cartoon, and at the end it stated the info was based on studies that can be found in any university.. except possibly Bob Jones University in South Carolina. That's the University my mother so desperately wants me to go to. GG lol
It's not like you have to do what she expects you to. By the time you are ready for a university, you will be able to make your own decisions, right?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm so mad and it doesn't even have anything personal to do with me? Remember the recent youtube update everyone's been crazy about? This one guy made a "popular" blog about how google won vs the youtube community. I've read every ****ing word and I've never been so mad. He's freakin' blind.

I want to comment so bad, but I have to sign-up for google+ to even do that. Google is forcing me to use Google+. My fist has never clenched so tighter this year. Ugh.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
It's not like you have to do what she expects you to. By the time you are ready for a university, you will be able to make your own decisions, right?
Everyone is allowed to make their own decisions at any point in their life. It is another matter entirely for your family to support any decision you may want to take and whether they will financially back you on a given position. Meals, home, electricity, and other provisions are a form of structural support that most people cannot live without. When you run your own decisions and they potentially jeopardize those basic provisions, you have to question whether you can make a living on your own armed with a high school diploma. With no established skill set, it is practically impossible to make it big and is still difficult to make it by with a college diploma and no support from the parents.

This isn't a question of freedom or parenting, but one of basic finance. It applies to work and contracting, you may hate your boss or the clients who are interested in your services. However, if they are a pulse with a profit margin and will put food on the table then people will compromise. You can't have a huge concern regarding ethical positions if you're barely scraping by in life. That's an accessory privilege for those who are connected to those who are well off or are well off themselves.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I tried coming out to my mom again today. (About a year since the last attempt)

Didn't go so well... *sigh*

I wasn't even prepared, it came up accidentally when I asked for advice on my friend that's been suicidal lately. (She's suicidal because she wants to trans etc etc) Which brought my mom to ask if I was still having "gay thoughts". I didn't respond because it was unexpected, and she asked again. I was sick of lying, I told her I'm gay and she started getting emotional and pulling out her Bible quoting verse by verse. I should've been prepared to fight back because of all the research I have done, but I couldn't speak... I wasn't prepared, I couldn't remember anything. She then threatened that if I continued being gay, I wouldn't be welcome in her house anymore.

I'll be 18 in February. I'm gonna start setting aside some money... I have a friend that offered to get an apartment with me and we split the rent. As of now, I think that's the best option. This hurts so much.

=/
If she doesn't want to accept you for you are, even as her son, then you should forget about her and move on. There's no where in the Bible where Jesus gave two ****s about someone being gay or straight. Tell her to stop being so delusional and getting brainwashed from scriptures written by lowly followers rather than the big man himself.

This'll go down the same way as every emotional breakdown.

Denial (No, no, no, my son can't be gay. This can't be happening to me, there's no way)
Anger (Why me? This isn't fair! Why does he have to be gay, goddammit!)
Bargaining (If you continue being gay, you can't be in my house! Promise to me that you'll stop being gay!)
Depression (*crying* This is so hopeless, why did he have to be gayyyyy??? *blows nose*)
Acceptance (Well, I guess it isn't SO bad....)

How long that takes to reach acceptance will vary.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Avoid that school like the plague

Are they even accredited?

Yes, its actually a good school. Provides a lot of help getting a job after graduation and stuff as well, so it's not like I don't wanna go there. Just thought it was a funny coincidence.

http://www.bju.edu/

It's also very, very Christian. I don't really mind that though, because I'm still a Christian. For some reason people think you can't be both gay and a Christian. That's not true at all... >.>

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Yes, its actually a good school. Provides a lot of help getting a job after graduation and stuff as well, so it's not like I don't wanna go there. Just thought it was a funny coincidence. http://www.bju.edu/ It's also very, very Christian. I don't really mind that though, because I'm still a Christian. For some reason people think you can't be both gay and a Christian. That's not true at all... >.>
Someone I know went to the school. They said they had curfew along with some other restrictions. They eventually transferred to state school because it wasn't a good fit for them. Like churches, these schools often adopt simple formalities to give them the outward appearance of being 'Christian'. However, it has the same weaknesses as most religious outfits in the fact that it only makes believers go through the motions of appearing Christian. There is nothing to discern a person's actual faith nor do they really care if someone really believes in the imaginary sky monster that loves us all. These schools are constructed to be more like a prison for students than institutions that enable their students to succeed in what they deem to be a God-less society. For a school that is supposedly chartered for fellow believers, it should be questioned why they have restrictions that are more constrictive on their students than their secular counterparts. If they don't trust their own students, then what do they expect of their own students when they graduate? These contradictions aren't surprising as they are characteristic of the faith itself.

If it makes you feel any better at least its not Liberty University. Jerry Falwell is even expanding the school into a Christian Medical University program after he likely bribed the Osteopathic Medical Commission to accept under the table donations. To be absolutely candid with you, the whole college system is a farce no matter where you go. If people really went to college to receive an education then there would be no point in assigning grades or restricting students into courses or preliminary courses before they can tackle on a more advanced course load. Colleges are created for profit and are used as a stratification element to keep a set amount of Americans in poverty while elevating another class to a higher pay scale. Those that have parents that are well off will be able to exclusively focus on receiving an education beyond just an undergraduate degree, therefore allowing them to specialize more in niche areas of the job market where they are reimbursed by a higher salary by using their knowledge to take advantage of an ignorant American majority that don't know how much they should be paying in the first place for these respective services.

If a degree represents anything, it should represent a sense of awareness that you are in the mind set to use it to take advantage of what is being offered on the table by others instead of being taken advantage of by others who are making you pay to be locked up in Sunday School. Then again you will find that the vast majority of students who do graduate with a degree do so with ignorance. And they are the ones who are shocked at how 'useless' their degree is when it comes to finding jobs.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Soooo, after reading some reviews, I'm going to take Loki's advice and avoid the place like the plague.

It sounds like a cult.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Everyone is allowed to make their own decisions at any point in their life. It is another matter entirely for your family to support any decision you may want to take and whether they will financially back you on a given position. Meals, home, electricity, and other provisions are a form of structural support that most people cannot live without. When you run your own decisions and they potentially jeopardize those basic provisions, you have to question whether you can make a living on your own armed with a high school diploma. With no established skill set, it is practically impossible to make it big and is still difficult to make it by with a college diploma and no support from the parents.

This isn't a question of freedom or parenting, but one of basic finance. It applies to work and contracting, you may hate your boss or the clients who are interested in your services. However, if they are a pulse with a profit margin and will put food on the table then people will compromise. You can't have a huge concern regarding ethical positions if you're barely scraping by in life. That's an accessory privilege for those who are connected to those who are well off or are well off themselves.
I like you.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I got my mom to drop the college. PHEW!!!!

Pulled from their Handbook:

"On and off campus, physical contact between unmarried men and women is not allowed." (This includes things like hugs, understandable, but.. really? OFF campus too?)

"With the deans approval, male students with at least general privileges may date a female student or non-resident student, to date someone off campus, women must have an approved chaperone" Are you serious..

"The following music conflicts with our mission and is therefore excluded from performance, personal listening on AND OFF campus, or use in student organizations, societies, productions or social media

- Any music which derives from the genres Rock, Pop, Country, Jazz, Electronic/Techno Rap/Hip-Hop or any fusion of these genres
-Any music with CHRISTIAN LYRICS that are set to said genres. (you have GOT to be kidding me, yeah that was the last straw here, I would DIE without music)

"HEADPHONES ARE NOT PERMITTED FOR RECREATIONAL USE"

wtf

Dont even get me started on movies...

Can only watch G rated movies, PG if a staff member is present. SERIOUSLY? Not fifth graders here people... (Guess everyone's watching Disney Channel, OH WAIT it has pop music, nevermind we're going to hell)
Cannot play video games rated above E10, or that has a soundtrack of a banned genre

They also have heavily filtered internet, and if you encounter something unfiltered, if you don't report it, you can get punished because they track the pages you visit. You also cant use your phones data for internet... omgggg

They have hall monitors too, they make sure you're not doing anything "wrong" and you can get demerited for breaking some of these things... yeah, AVOIDING LIKE THE PLAGUE TY.

Top Bottom