• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Part timer's hours are being cut to below 28 at my job now. It's kinda bittersweet for me. On one hand, it's gonna suck because my paychecks won't be nearly as good as they were when I was pulling an average of 40 hours a week, but it'll also mean I will get more actual days off, so I can get some sleep and have a personal life again, not to mention I'll actually have a somewhat stable schedule compared to before.

Though I dunno if most people would consider going in from 2:00am - 10:00am Tuesdays and Wednesdays for one department, and closing from night until 1:00am two other random days of the week to be a stable schedule, but still. I'm just glad I actually get a say in what hours I work, mainly cause I work the shifts no one else wants to work.

At least the good thing is, as I said, my schedules will be less hectic. I didn't realize how physically and mentally draining work was on me until I got home Wednesday, went to bed at 3:00pm, and didn't wake up until 8:00am the next morning. 17 hours of sleep, cause I was just that exhausted. I'm just glad I had yesterday and today off to get rested, cause I don't know how much longer I could have gone before I crashed. It was nice getting that 40+ hours a week despite being part-time, but at the same time, my schedules were absolutely horrible. As an example, my work weeks usually would look like...
Sunday: 5:30pm - 1:00am
Monday: Off
Tuesday: 12:00am - 6:00am
Wednesday: 12:00am - 8:00am(almost always have to stay overtime on Wednesdays though)
Thursday: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am

It was common for me to be at work literally every possible hour of the day throughout the work week. And sleep schedules no longer existed. I just slept when I could, if I could. Also notice that despite the fact that Monday was "Off", I would work Sunday night into Monday 1:00am, then go in at midnight, so my day off would be just 23 hours, which would be solely used for trying to get adjusted sleep-wise for my Tuesday shift.

You know, thinking about it. This reduced hours thing may not be quite as bad as I thought. Worst-case scenario, I'll just get a 2nd job to go along with this one.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That's pretty rough. Not necessarily the hours just the schedule, those look like terrible shifts. You gotta find a balance I think where you do enough work to make decent money but not where you're making yourself miserable.

This isn't necessarily complaining but I picked up a 2nd job and some days I get 10 - 12 hours easy between the two so I'm doing something like 40 - 60 hours a week depending + classes. On one hand I have money now but when I get home I just crash even if I don't want to. Then I wake up up at 5 (get off at 4, so about a half hour nap) and have to take brother to football/do homework/procrastinate. Tuesday is my off day but like you said it feels more like a day to catch up on sleep. It feels so good though sleeping in and then being in a comfy lull for the rest of the day.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Argh, for all the academic freedoms I'm relishing in college, there are just some things I can't be to sure about. Like who the hell am I supposed to trust?

So I have a math class where I sit next to this girl (keep in mind this isn't a romantic situation) and we engage in idle chitchat and help each other with the classwork. I've even exchanged contacts with her. But last week felt so strange. My work pace and the lessons we were doing made it hard for me to understand what was going on and I became very stressed. This girl is solving all the problems fluidly. She understands that I'm stressing over the curriculum and is doing her best to cheer me up. But I was being too frantic and self-critical to get my mind straight and I began talking in hushes. One point in our conversation and we spur off into study abroad. We discuss the process and the essay and how competitive it all is. The way she was putting the study abroad situation made it sound needing copious preparation, but it sounded rather harsh. After class was over I follow her on the way out to the train station and we're just having casual conversation. But all the while I'm still talking hushed and barely speaking up. Hell, I'm not even responding with coherent statements to our discussion. After she gets on her stop, I text her. I ask her more about the study abroad process and I seem to appear a bit arrogant in my speech that our conversation shuts down. That evening just felt socially awkward all the way through. X(

Later on, I text an acquaintance of mine I went to high school with who attends the same college as me. I'm hoping I can somehow do something with him because he is close with some mutual high school friends who are cool I would like to know better. We begin to talk about school and our schedules and a bunch of mundane school ****. It feels like we're closing in on one subject and there's not much else I can say. After a while, I just tell him I'm going to sleep and that I'll talk to him later. He says goodbye and its all good.

I'm acting way to socially awkward and I haven't broken the ice with either of these people. I feel like my inconfident behavior is haunting me again! V.V

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
First day of the quarter is tomorrow....after spending my entire summer in classes, I got a 2 week break and now more classes T wT;

I'm a senior too
This is weird
Gotta actually prepare my portfolio

Worst part? We don't have syllabus days- we have 'HEY WELCOME HERE IS ALL THE HOMEWORK EVER HAVE FUN' days
Yay
So much work to do potentially
Plus freelance and some freebie art I owe smashers and con preparation for youmacon
Gah

ndayday

BRoomer
New kid at work (literally kid, he's like 15) and he's incredibly annoying. Doesn't do work, always argues with you when you tell him to do something/wants to do the easy stuff/cocky as all hell/whistles or sings constantly. He even looks annoying. Legitimately mad that he works there now, thanks a lot ex-employee for bringing him in. I've already heard mumblings of him wanting to quit which is good. mad

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
great.png

Nothing feels worse than posting roster spoilers and the only one who cares is an officer for anime club, and he happens to be the only person that I know that dislikes pokemon roster spoilers.

I mean jesus, let me post what I want on my personal brainless social sites.

ndayday

BRoomer
He should have known that it's a risk even getting on the internet at this point. Even the most unlikely places have spoiled that **** for me.
I feel for him, I'd like for the Pokemon to not be spoiled but when literally no one cares it's nearly impossible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
He should have known that it's a risk even getting on the internet at this point. Even the most unlikely places have spoiled that **** for me.
I feel for him, I'd like for the Pokemon to not be spoiled but when literally no one cares it's nearly impossible.
Seriously :I
I would understand him moderating my posts on the club page but... this is kind of silly.
If he's trying to stay off sites that will spoil things for him, why is he using a site where people are more than likely to spoil things for him .-.

He's been an ass to me on Facebook a lot for no reason so this just came off as rude to me. What sucks is that I have to see him tomorrow to pay club dues.

At least he removed me from his friends list finally.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I have to accept that I'm either am or have become quite poor with verbal conversation. I have this bad habit of interrupting people whenever they say something that I want to respond to. I'm just not remembering to wait until they're finished speaking. It's going to cost me dearly if I don't fix it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
View attachment 2915

Nothing feels worse than posting roster spoilers and the only one who cares is an officer for anime club, and he happens to be the only person that I know that dislikes pokemon roster spoilers.

I mean jesus, let me post what I want on my personal brainless social sites.
Why do you have them on your friend list?

Kati

Smash Lord
I have to accept that I'm either am or have become quite poor with verbal conversation. I have this bad habit of interrupting people whenever they say something that I want to respond to. I'm just not remembering to wait until they're finished speaking. It's going to cost me dearly if I don't fix it.
hah I'm the complete opposite. Even if there is a pause, I might just not be able to bring myself to say something sometimes.

ndayday

BRoomer
^Word, person asks "why are you so so loud" [thick sarcasm]
shrug instead of answering

Why speak when it's not needed right?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
My laziness has gotten the better of me

im hungry but am too lazy to acquire food
have been back in pittsburgh for a week now but too lazy to shop

so i have been running on little food and energy this entire week

.......but i dont feel like fixing this problem o --- o WTF

edit:
forced self to leave house to get minimal groceries
forgot pittsburgh has a lot of hills
walk up hills carrying groceries

never leave house again

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
hah I'm the complete opposite. Even if there is a pause, I might just not be able to bring myself to say something sometimes.
Well now that I realize I have the problem I think it should be easy enough to correct.

In other bad news my bejeweled downloads aren't working. I don't know why.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
^ That is literally the worst thing ever. I feel bad for anybody who has a pet with those horrific things.

Hope your dog gets better.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A very big typhoon is coming this way by tomorrow. My classes at my schools have been canceled. However, since I'm technically a teacher, I still have to come. That means driving an hour in the mountains during typhoon conditions. It's gonna suck big time.

And now I'm typhoon proofing my apartment which means taping windows to lessen shattering glass, bringing in light stuff from my balconies, and storing up on water. Yeasaaah....scary.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
^^^Be safe out there. sounds frightening

On the other hand, I think im starting to grow feelings for this one girl at my job(call it a crush if you will). We work in the same department and I work night shift with her quite often.

I know this is gonna sound really silly, but I kinda don't want to have these feelings, simply out of the fear of rejection.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Talk to her man this is your change.
Rejection is not a answer just try you never know things can turn out but try to know her a little better

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
In other words, tread carefully for just a little bit and then Nike it.

If she rejects you, it's tough, sure. But you'll regret it if you don't do anything.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Whenever I'm at work, I either act and/or feel bitter towards everyone(whether it be customer, co-worker, or manager). This doesn't apply to her.

Idk man I cant even confirm if these feelings are real or not. I'm just scared to go down that rejection road again.

Smash Lord
Man I'm so mad. I have recently found out that two anime that I thought were damn near perfect are getting sequels. I hate when they ruin the legacy of something good. When something that was good gets a sequel to milk the cash cow, it always turns out badly.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I've been helping a friend out for a few months now, she's an emotional train wreck. I am EXHAUSTED. Not only has this been draining for her, it's been equally draining for me as well.
I feel like nothing I say/do ever gets through to her. There's only so much someone can do, and I feel like I'm starting to reach that limit. The other day, I got a text saying if she didn't message me for a few days, she would be in the hospital under suicide watch, because she promised her parents to tell them if she felt suicidal. (She was previously hospitalized a couple years ago for a failed suicide attempt)

Didn't hear from her at all yesterday, and nothing today as of yet. Now I'm worried. We are going through similar circumstances, but I feel like I have so much more to worry about than she does, yet I'm the one that's "strong" and she's the one that's falling apart at the seams. Dealing with this has in turn caused a counter effect, and has ignited some depressions in myself as well. I don't know how much longer I can stay "strong" for her, because currently, I feel like I'm the only one that's been there for her and kept her going.

=/

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I've been helping a friend out for a few months now, she's an emotional train wreck. I am EXHAUSTED. Not only has this been draining for her, it's been equally draining for me as well.
I feel like nothing I say/do ever gets through to her. There's only so much someone can do, and I feel like I'm starting to reach that limit. The other day, I got a text saying if she didn't message me for a few days, she would be in the hospital under suicide watch, because she promised her parents to tell them if she felt suicidal. (She was previously hospitalized a couple years ago for a failed suicide attempt)

Didn't hear from her at all yesterday, and nothing today as of yet. Now I'm worried. We are going through similar circumstances, but I feel like I have so much more to worry about than she does, yet I'm the one that's "strong" and she's the one that's falling apart at the seams. Dealing with this has in turn caused a counter effect, and has ignited some depressions in myself as well. I don't know how much longer I can stay "strong" for her, because currently, I feel like I'm the only one that's been there for her and kept her going.

=/
You've been having this problem for a while now and I think it's time for you to let go. You've done more than enough, and I think at this point it's become quite clear that you can't cure her, and it seems like you're hardly helping anymore, not to mention that its hurting you.

It sounds to me as if you've outlived your role as coping mechanism for her. It may even be good if she were to stop relying on you so much, she needs to find some other coping mechanisms. On the other hand you have to ask yourself is she even wants to be helped, if nothing you say gets through to her then she may not even want to get better in which case there is nothing you can do for her and you're wasting your time.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
You've been having this problem for a while now and I think it's time for you to let go. You've done more than enough, and I think at this point it's become quite clear that you can't cure her, and it seems like you're hardly helping anymore to mention that its hurting you.

It sounds to me as if you've outlived your role as coping mechanism for her. It may even be good if she were to stop relying on you so much, she needs to find some other coping mechanisms. On the other hand you have to ask yourself is she even wants to be helped, enough you say gets through to her then she may not even want to get better in which case there is nothing you can do for her and your wasting your time.
I hate to say it, having been depressed myself, but Froggy is right here. I won't pretend to know you long enough to understand the backstory, but it's one thing to help a friend out of depression, it's another to suffer the pains of depression yourself when you are helping your friend get over theirs. You're taking on your friend's worries and depression as a result of your help. Has your friend sought any professional help?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You've been having this problem for a while now and I think it's time for you to let go. You've done more than enough, and I think at this point it's become quite clear that you can't cure her, and it seems like you're hardly helping anymore to mention that its hurting you.

It sounds to me as if you've outlived your role as coping mechanism for her. It may even be good if she were to stop relying on you so much, she needs to find some other coping mechanisms. On the other hand you have to ask yourself is she even wants to be helped, enough you say gets through to her then she may not even want to get better in which case there is nothing you can do for her and your wasting your time.
Best post I've seen in this thread in a long ****in time.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Thanks for the input guys. I don't think she's ready to let go of me yet, that would just make things worse. She has been doing so well until I got that text.

Has your friend sought any professional help?
Yes, she's been seeing a child Psychiatrist since she was 12 (17 now). She will turn 18 in a few months, and will have to move on to another Psychiatrist, which hasn't been helping the situation.

She told me the other day that the reason she thinks I've been able to stay strong during all of this, was because of my religious beliefs.

It's kind of true though, I know that God is always there, watching, and that things will get better in time. These are just trials, set here to help make us a better person and to gain more trust in God.

She became curious and asked a few questions. I have been hoping for that day to come all summer, as I've been trying to set a good example as a Christian, and trying to teach her about God without being pushy. A breakthrough finally came, then I receive the text a couple days later.

Talked to her last night, she didn't go to the hospital, she just took 4 different sedatives to "sleep it off". Ugh.

Best post I've seen in this thread in a long ****in time.
Wait, did Falcon actually like something?
O_o

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
also someone said this drawing sucks, but i wanna hear what you guys think of it. it's my drawing of ed from ed edd n eddy and spongebob double penetrate hatsune miku

pls be nice thx

... The heck? ~Werekill

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Thanks for the input guys. I don't think she's ready to let go of me yet, that would just make things worse. She has been doing so well until I got that text.

Wait, did Falcon actually like something?
O_o
Yeah and what's more is that it was something I said. I always thought I was the black man to his tea party.

Oh and cool **** with the whole Christian thing. I think people forget that the whole point of being a Christian is to be Christ like. You're supposed to be awesome...not a douche.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
UGH! This is the brokest I have been since my first year of college.

swaggerdactyl

Banned via Warnings
Oh my ****ing god smashboards im so goddamn stupid

>walking around grocery store
>looking for salt
>listening to yeezus by kanye west
>new slaves is playing
>cant find the salt
>i can't find it, looked all over, already tried these two aisles and wasnt there not sure where else it might be
>decide to ask someone where it is
>"i'm bout to wild the **** out, i'm going bobby boucher"
>"i know that ***** ain't free, you nigg-"
>(i now take off my headphones to speak to the white female employee)
>you niggаs know where the salt is?
>(oh my ****ing god what the **** did i just say well **** i better just keep talking like nothing's wrong)
>uhhhhhhhhh yeah it's in aisle 12
>thanks
>mfw i bought my **** and got out of there asap

before i left, i saw her talking to a colored employee. i can't get in like, trouble, can I?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Oh my ****ing god smashboards im so goddamn stupid

>walking around grocery store
>looking for salt
>listening to yeezus by kanye west
>new slaves is playing
>cant find the salt
>i can't find it, looked all over, already tried these two aisles and wasnt there not sure where else it might be
>decide to ask someone where it is
>"i'm bout to wild the **** out, i'm going bobby boucher"
>"i know that ***** ain't free, you nigg-"
>(i now take off my headphones to speak to the white female employee)
>you niggаs know where the salt is?
>(oh my ****ing god what the **** did i just say well **** i better just keep talking like nothing's wrong)
>uhhhhhhhhh yeah it's in aisle 12
>thanks
>mfw i bought my **** and got out of there asap

before i left, i saw her talking to a colored employee. i can't get in like, trouble, can I?
What are they gonna do? Report a black a man for using the word "*****"? You're fine man.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am going into a job phone screening without the job description, ****ing unbelievable!

Top Bottom