• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

majora_787

Smash Hero
In the last few hours I've just started feeling really terrible about everything as a whole. And it doesn't help that I might not be able to get into college for several months yet thanks to familial complications.

I just feel really nonexistent at the moment, a lot of the people I've gotten to know in the last several years have largely stopped being interested in talking to me. I can't really go forward with my life. I don't really have anything to be invested in at the moment, which is making me feel terrible. And I'm just worrying about my life and girl problems and college problems and wonder what is even happening with my life.

I'll probably feel better tomorrow I guess. But I figured I may as well vent my depression a little.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
In the last few hours I've just started feeling really terrible about everything as a whole. And it doesn't help that I might not be able to get into college for several months yet thanks to familial complications.

I just feel really nonexistent at the moment, a lot of the people I've gotten to know in the last several years have largely stopped being interested in talking to me. I can't really go forward with my life. I don't really have anything to be invested in at the moment, which is making me feel terrible. And I'm just worrying about my life and girl problems and college problems and wonder what is even happening with my life.

I'll probably feel better tomorrow I guess. But I figured I may as well vent my depression a little.
In my experience it always helps to have good friends during these times. Did everyone stop talking to you all of a sudden, or is something that's been going on for a while. Have you by chance been out of contact with your friends on a regular bases?

Dammit all I really wanted to buy brown shoes for my upcoming job interview (especially since I was asked to dress less formally) but everywhere I go tells me that wearing black shoes is better, especially with the black pants I intend to wear with it. Oh well, won't matter if I get the job.

Sorry, for the extra posts. I can't edit from this computer, I'll edit them together tomorrow.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i've been emotionally unfaithful towards my girlfriend several times in the past. we've broken up for it once. so i'm painfully aware of how difficult it would be for her to trust me in this situation.

that being said, a couple of days ago i had to break off my friendship with sarah, my moirail, and it feels really, really terrible. (homestuck term, if you don't know, look it up). i fought with my gf for a bit about it and she said "it's either her or me". my gf had issues w it on the grounds that 1) she'd read our previous facebook/skype conversations and determined that i had talked to sarah the 'same way' that i did when i had been emotionally unfaithful before and 2) i'd gone back on my word about not talking to sarah (I'd presumed her discomfort was predicated on my emotional dishonesty, but I now realize it probably has more to do w my gf's emotional insecurity).

it's not like i talked to sarah every day and it's not like i've known her long but when we did we had really great conversations and were able to provide entertainment/comfort/etc to each other as necessary. i have a few people in life that i feel very natural around and she was by far the one who "clicked" the quickest. it's really eating at me that my girlfriend put an ultimatum on me (perhaps even worse is that she said her acknowledgement of how difficult an ultimatum is came in the form of her waiting so long to tell me to stop talking to Sarah). also really eating at me is that I will never had what I had w Sarah again, even if GF was OK w it because Sarah asked for me to never contact her again for both our sakes since she has anxiety issues and doesn't take well to the emotional stress of people exiting and entering her life freely.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I'm 18 years old and I've had psoriatic arthritis since I was 14 (diagnosed at 17 finally). Humira is horrible for me & makes me have anxiety, and nothing else really does anything to help. I have symmetrical arthritis which means it's in my left foot & left hand. Running is incredibly hard to do, and some days I can't always walk efficiently. I don't really know where I'm going with this but it's just pretty hard and I wanted to get it off my chest.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Hit a pole in a horribly lit parking lot (luckily it only damaged the paint....still....ugh), friend's soccer team lost due to bad calls (which was upsetting for him since he played so well in honor of his recently passed grandmother), there were horrible fans for the other team that made watching the game anger inducing, and now my driveway is being blocked by some meanieface
I know parking is hard to find on this street....don't block out the people who actually have spots! That means we are just gonna take spots too. Not cool.

Ughhhh

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Hit a pole in a horribly lit parking lot (luckily it only damaged the paint....still....ugh), friend's soccer team lost due to bad calls (which was upsetting for him since he played so well in honor of his recently passed grandmother), there were horrible fans for the other team that made watching the game anger inducing, and now my driveway is being blocked by some meanieface
I know parking is hard to find on this street....don't block out the people who actually have spots! That means we are just gonna take spots too. Not cool.

Ughhhh

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I once asked out a girl, and got her number...but she eventually went out with someone else

I just found out recently she's loaded! ...I don't think I stood a chance anyway. I don't even have a car

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I told my house mates that I got the job (which as far as I know is true) and it felt weird. As mentioned in the Happy thread, I'm still insecure about my position and I imagine I won't feel secure until my first day of work. I told my housemates but I didn't tell my friends, however what I'm realizing now though is that without noticing it, these housemates have actually become my new group of friends as I talk to them more and talk to my other friends less. So if something does happy and the job doesn't work out I'm gonna feel even more ****ty because it'll appear as if I lied to my friends.

Jeez, I wished that wasn't as pathetic as it sounds.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Both the government and my parents were supposed to transfer money into my account and I've gotten neither. It's frustrating.

ckap

Smash Rookie
I was diagnosed with Wegener's disease like a week ago. I'm feeling like **** both mentally and physically, but all of my friends have loyalty issues so I can't talk to them.

pls

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
I was diagnosed with Wegener's disease like a week ago. I'm feeling like **** both mentally and physically, but all of my friends have loyalty issues so I can't talk to them.

pls
wtf is it w/ppl...
Why can't anyone trust each other
Ppl who are my friends just act strange and different when Im around them at school, makes us not really as good of friends anymore, just because they feel they have to act dif at school... maybe to impress other ppl? Idk, just get a dif vibe from ppl I know are better than they are acting when Im in the social setting...
It kinda makes me mad, to see ppl who I felt like I could talk to about almost anything just fade away, for no real reason...

ckap

Smash Rookie
wtf is it w/ppl...
Why can't anyone trust each other
Ppl who are my friends just act strange and different when Im around them at school, makes us not really as good of friends anymore, just because they feel they have to act dif at school... maybe to impress other ppl? Idk, just get a dif vibe from ppl I know are better than they are acting when Im in the social setting...
I know that in my particular case my closest friend ****ed me over multiple times for the sake of getting in this one particular girl's pants. So ****ing stupid.

GCS Gaming Customs

I just never got why you can connect with friends outside of school by texting or just hanging out, but inside of school you can't act like good friends...
Any1 know why this seems to happen

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just never got why you can connect with friends outside of school by texting or just hanging out, but inside of school you can't act like good friends...
I had the exact opposite problem. Hung out more in school than out of it

Not to mention in MY day, we didn't text friends from school since not everyone had cell phones. We did use AIM occasionally though

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

Not sure why that happens but perhaps you can take comfort in that it's not something that tends to happen once you're out of high school.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't like complaining but this is really gnawing at me...I know my problem is that I try to please everyone, everyone being my separated parents and bosses at my jobs.
It just makes it truly terrible for me that my mom refuses to talk to my father at all anymore unless she is absolutely forced to/she's in a situation where she HAS to speak to him. Being the oldest I'm usually (without being told) given the role of messenger boy between the two. As you might imagine things ****ing get confused and messed up when it goes through several people when it could just be between them. It's usually "oh this is what's happening and I won't outright say that you need to talk to your dad for me to let him know these plans but I'm barely implying it." So of course when I think something has been communicated it hasn't and it leaves me in a ****ty situation where it looks like I'm trying to blow off my dad/be cold to him/ignore him/not talk to him...which is not true at all as I try harder than anyone out of the family to please him and hang out with him. I hate being made out to be ****ing clueless when it's not my fault.
For example this weekend there's a party for an aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary. My dad knew I can't make it because I'm absolutely needed at work and it was on too short a notice to get that day off...so my mom just tells me that "I talked to your dad" and instead of hanging out with him this weekend I might as well stay here with my brothers. Of course he calls and is like "where are you" and I'm like uhhh I thought I was staying here this weekend. OH YEAH THAT"S FINE NO PROBLEM THAT"S COOL TALK TO YOU LATER HAVE A GOOD ONE BY THE WAY I WAS GETTING DINNER READY. and of course I don't want to say that I thought mom said this because then she gets framed as being the bad guy. If "you talked to him" then why doesn't he know this?! I can't tell if I'm just being lied to or if they don't decide on anything concrete and say "uh yeah maybe this can happen" "yeah maybe I'll talk to them later"

**** this ****

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I don't like complaining but this is really gnawing at me...I know my problem is that I try to please everyone, everyone being my separated parents and bosses at my jobs.
It just makes it truly terrible for me that my mom refuses to talk to my father at all anymore unless she is absolutely forced to/she's in a situation where she HAS to speak to him. Being the oldest I'm usually (without being told) given the role of messenger boy between the two. As you might imagine things ****ing get confused and messed up when it goes through several people when it could just be between them. It's usually "oh this is what's happening and I won't outright say that you need to talk to your dad for me to let him know these plans but I'm barely implying it." So of course when I think something has been communicated it hasn't and it leaves me in a ****ty situation where it looks like I'm trying to blow off my dad/be cold to him/ignore him/not talk to him...which is not true at all as I try harder than anyone out of the family to please him and hang out with him. I hate being made out to be ****ing clueless when it's not my fault.
For example this weekend there's a party for an aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary. My dad knew I can't make it because I'm absolutely needed at work and it was on too short a notice to get that day off...so my mom just tells me that "I talked to your dad" and instead of hanging out with him this weekend I might as well stay here with my brothers. Of course he calls and is like "where are you" and I'm like uhhh I thought I was staying here this weekend. OH YEAH THAT"S FINE NO PROBLEM THAT"S COOL TALK TO YOU LATER HAVE A GOOD ONE BY THE WAY I WAS GETTING DINNER READY. and of course I don't want to say that I thought mom said this because then she gets framed as being the bad guy. If "you talked to him" then why doesn't he know this?! I can't tell if I'm just being lied to or if they don't decide on anything concrete and say "uh yeah maybe this can happen" "yeah maybe I'll talk to them later"

**** this ****
Oh man, I feel for you. I'm sorry to hear that.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I just found out my favorite internet cafe is going out of business. Bummer!

@Ndayday: Maybe you should try telling your mom the uncomfortable situation she is putting you in. At this rate it seems likely that your relationship with your father will deteriorate because of it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
More like, you should talk to both of your parents about it.

It sucks, but letting them know that it's hard to be caught in the middle of their problems will hopefully make them act more mature towards each other.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I just found out my favorite internet cafe is going out of business. Bummer!

Had that happen to me years ago, but it was mixed blessing. They jacked up the prices after killing the competition in the area, but still it's a sad sight to see a favorite social spot to be lost.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I HATE ITUNES!!!!!

Yesterday it randomly put 2-3 of every song on my iPhone when I synced it... Now today, I keep trying to sync a new album I bought a physical copy of, onto my iPhone, but it isn't showing, even though it's checked in the Sync list. FML.

GCS Gaming Customs

I have been having personal issues regarding the same idea...
I don't really understand why some people don't take the time, effort, or thought to improve themselves. It seems like some people walk around without a care, don't take opportunities unless they are forced too, and even end up depressed just because they don't see potential in themselves..

Its sad, people are just scared of change (many admit it, too) ad find reasons to avoid it. I only look for positive outcomes in relationships and opportunities, but others seem to just cast them aside for whatever reason.

Anyone care to discuss?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have been having personal issues regarding the same idea...
I don't really understand why some people don't take the time, effort, or thought to improve themselves. It seems like some people walk around without a care, don't take opportunities unless they are forced too, and even end up depressed just because they don't see potential in themselves..

Its sad, people are just scared of change (many admit it, too) ad find reasons to avoid it. I only look for positive outcomes in relationships and opportunities, but others seem to just cast them aside for whatever reason.

Anyone care to discuss?
Well, if they are depressed it's not about being scared of change, it's because their depressed.

Depression is a medical illness that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest.
Change requires motivation, and depression causes a lack of interest/ motivation.

Depression is a mental illness, it's not something that someone can just be told not to do and suddenly become not depressed.

GCS Gaming Customs

The whole point isn't really about depression... that actually isn't really part of it at all, now that I think more about it. Its mostly just looking at why some people just don't have that motivation and drive to be the next great thing..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The whole point isn't really about depression... that actually isn't really part of it at all, now that I think more about it. Its mostly just looking at why some people just don't have that motivation and drive to be the next great thing..
Well, why should they?

GCS Gaming Customs

Well, why should they?
Why not? Its that sense of movement and momentum in life, not just staying in one place and accepting your current status. I feel that if I look at myself and am completely happy with what I have achieved (for ex, academically) then how am I going to get better, learn more, and strive for these goals?

If they can't improve themselves, and guide themselves to a different place that is better, then what do they strive for?

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Why not? Its that sense of movement and momentum in life, not just staying in one place and accepting your current status. I feel that if I look at myself and am completely happy with what I have achieved (for ex, academically) then how am I going to get better, learn more, and strive for these goals?

If they can't improve themselves, and guide themselves to a different place that is better, then what do they strive for?
Some don't strive for anything, or some don't know how. Or maybe some are too lazy, or others simply don't care.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What the ****!? I spent way too much money to have my computer fix for it stop working the next day. I tried for over an hour last night and the thing refused to operate, this morning as well. So now I bring it back to the shop that fixed it and it works ****ing fine. The technician tells me that often the problem is simply the battery and you just have to remove it and reinsert it. I don't ****ing believe that, I got a whole bunch of technical errors trying to work it tonight. And I fear that when I go home it'll give me the exact same problem, and by that point the shop can claim I am the one who damaged it.

****!

GCS Gaming Customs

Some don't strive for anything, or some don't know how. Or maybe some are too lazy, or others simply don't care.
How can u just be "too lazy"? I don't think (correct me if Im wrong) that lazier people don't do anything just to not do stuff.. They have some sort of reason to not get up and go do something and make a difference in their lives and others.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
How can u just be "too lazy"? I don't think (correct me if Im wrong) that lazier people don't do anything just to not do stuff.. They have some sort of reason to not get up and go do something and make a difference in their lives and others.
I wish I had an answer to all of your questions, but I just don't. Just be glad that you're not one of these people. I am not one either, so I cannot accurately describe exactly how they feel and why the feel so. What I can say is that, for most, it is easier to just go along with what everyone else is doing than to do what is right or ultimately beneficial. These things take work, and it's just a lot easier to sit back and say, "What's the point?"

GCS Gaming Customs

I wish I had an answer to all of your questions, but I just don't. Just be glad that you're not one of these people. I am not one either, so I cannot accurately describe exactly how they feel and why the feel so. What I can say is that, for most, it is easier to just go along with what everyone else is doing than to do what is right or ultimately beneficial. These things take work, and it's just a lot easier to sit back and say, "What's the point?"
Yea, I guess so. Ill think about it more.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The end of the story is the same for everyone anyway, whatever you did in life.

Made the most of yourself, sat on your ass...

You die

Top Bottom