• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Well, the good news is that you're at the tail end of an awkward era. Your 20's is where you will meet and decide who your REAL friends are.

The measure of a good friend isn't how they treat you when you're up but how they treat you when you're down...
sounds about right, within a year I've gone down from 5 friends - 2
If you find the right lady
Well I hope so

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Why doesn't it work? Do you just not try carrying on conversations? The easiest way to really get to know someone is finding common interests and going form there. If they say something that you know little about, ask them about it. Plan a way for you two to go into it together if possible. But there's got to be some reason it fails.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I'm still so god damn furious about that job thing. Quick recap: Got a job, got the offer, got everything but the start date, they then leave me hanging for two weeks until telling me 'oh sorry we don't need you after all'.

Job hunting's getting draining again. If just one single god damn person gave me a shot, I could prove that I can get the job done. But no, everyone requires experience in an office environment. Well then tell me how one gets experience in an office environment when they can't get a job or internship in an office environment? I'm sorry, does my remote internship suddenly not count for **** despite me busting my ass for seven months, just because I wasn't physically there? Does that somehow ****ing invalidate everything I've done since graduation?!
Christ. I normally don't rant, but this **** is getting ridiculous and I'm tired of it and I just want something to give.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The day I get a date with a pretty dang good looking women online for once in my life for the weekend...

And I get a call from my professor saying I have things that need to be discussed tomorrow in his office in person regarding my last practice in my school program that came up.

Now I'm too freaking stressed and nervous I screwed something up that could endanger my program and I don't even know what it is. I won't be able to sleep tonight from pure anxiety.

Oh God.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
For the past three weeks our school has had not one, not two, but THREE bomb scares and it's been driving me crazy. Every day it happened we had to go out to the burning hot soccer field and wait for two hours with nothing to do. One of them was yesterday and I missed my last class because of it, so tomorrow I have to finish an English PowerPoint during lunch instead of goofing off on my phone.

On top of all this I have another big Math project to work on and I have to do a giant Math placement Test for college. Just kill me.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm still so god damn furious about that job thing. Quick recap: Got a job, got the offer, got everything but the start date, they then leave me hanging for two weeks until telling me 'oh sorry we don't need you after all'.

Job hunting's getting draining again. If just one single god damn person gave me a shot, I could prove that I can get the job done. But no, everyone requires experience in an office environment. Well then tell me how one gets experience in an office environment when they can't get a job or internship in an office environment? I'm sorry, does my remote internship suddenly not count for **** despite me busting my *** for seven months, just because I wasn't physically there? Does that somehow ****ing invalidate everything I've done since graduation?!
Christ. I normally don't rant, but this **** is getting ridiculous and I'm tired of it and I just want something to give.
That ****ing sucks dude. I would get you hired at my company in a heartbeat if you were in my city.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So regarding my discussion with my teacher....yeah went just as bad as I thought, worse even. On a learning contract now and can't attend next practice as I have to have skills evaluated. Basically I'm a bloody idiot underachiever compared to everyone else as I just found out. Have to make up hours. I was just getting into positive thinking and had good things happen to me.,,now I just want to curl up and never leave.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
So regarding my discussion with my teacher....yeah went just as bad as I thought, worse even. On a learning contract now and can't attend next practice as I have to have skills evaluated. Basically I'm a bloody idiot underachiever compared to everyone else as I just found out. Have to make up hours. I was just getting into positive thinking and had good things happen to me.,,now I just want to curl up and never leave.
Never compare yourself to others, whether you are better or worse, all that matters is what YOU do. You'll go nuts if you compare yourself to others.

Don't stop the positive thinking dude, don't ruin all the hard work you did on changing your mentality... this is the real test for you.

What you're doing sounds really hard!! What field are you studying? Sounds high level if they take it so seriously.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Never compare yourself to others, whether you are better or worse, all that matters is what YOU do. You'll go nuts if you compare yourself to others.

Don't stop the positive thinking dude, don't ruin all the hard work you did on changing your mentality... this is the real test for you.

What you're doing sounds really hard!! What field are you studying? Sounds high level if they take it so seriously.
Psych nursing. Basically I have to miss hours now to be evaluated on my skills. I didn't conduct a good enough MSE and need communication skills help apparently. I am overwhelmed with sadness now. Can't wait to tell my fellow nursing friends why I'm not going to be attending practice with them tomorrow because I'm not good enough to. Can't wait to tell my parents who told me how proud and smart I was last night that I'm not good enough. Can't wait to try and muster up happiness to my date on Friday that's been the best looking/active girl that's ever agreed to meet in in about 8+ years.

If I mess up anymore I'll be out thousands of dollars, no car, no money left, a failure, no path left to go in...may as well join the trades or the army at that point.

I'm so lost and drowning right now.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Psych nursing. Basically I have to miss hours now to be evaluated on my skills. I didn't conduct a good enough MSE and need communication skills help apparently. I am overwhelmed with sadness now. Can't wait to tell my fellow nursing friends why I'm not going to be attending practice with them tomorrow because I'm not good enough to. Can't wait to tell my parents who told me how proud and smart I was last night that I'm not good enough. Can't wait to try and muster up happiness to my date on Friday that's been the best looking/active girl that's ever agreed to meet in in about 8+ years.

If I mess up anymore I'll be out thousands of dollars, no car, no money left, a failure, no path left to go in...may as well join the trades or the army at that point.

I'm so lost and drowning right now.
I'm in the same boat at my job.. (no money left, no path... etc) unless I really pick it up this month (see my post 2-3 pages ago if you want) so I feel you man I really do. The pressure is on.

You are NOT a failure. The fact that you are hard on yourself is a double edged sword, you're going to need to buckle down and find a way to make this work.. but you also can't be so hard on yourself man.

I know the thoughts you're having now... I was drowning in them last week "Im a failure, I cant do anything right, my kids have a pathetic father, I should just kill myself..." etc. But you have to fight back.

Focus on the POSITIVES... now more than ever my friend. You are an incredible person pursuing your passions in a very difficult field.... and I'm sure it's not as black and white do or die as you see it to be right now.

Maybe have another meeting with your professor or even colleagues that are not having the same problems, find a strategy to improve... you obviously care enough to want to.

And dude, congrats on the date! I'm super lonely and wish I had a cute girl to go out with so that's something to be thrilled about. Maybe she can help lift your spirits and turn you back into the warrior you actually are when you're not down on yourself. We Smashers are all warriors at heart.

** Feel free to PM me if you want to talk anytime.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm in the same boat at my job.. (no money left, no path... etc) unless I really pick it up this month (see my post 2-3 pages ago if you want) so I feel you man I really do. The pressure is on.

You are NOT a failure. The fact that you are hard on yourself is a double edged sword, you're going to need to buckle down and find a way to make this work.. but you also can't be so hard on yourself man.

I know the thoughts you're having now... I was drowning in them last week "Im a failure, I cant do anything right, my kids have a pathetic father, I should just kill myself..." etc. But you have to fight back.

Focus on the POSITIVES... now more than ever my friend. You are an incredible person pursuing your passions in a very difficult field.... and I'm sure it's not as black and white do or die as you see it to be right now.

Maybe have another meeting with your professor or even colleagues that are not having the same problems, find a strategy to improve... you obviously care enough to want to.

And dude, congrats on the date! I'm super lonely and wish I had a cute girl to go out with so that's something to be thrilled about. Maybe she can help lift your spirits and turn you back into the warrior you actually are when you're not down on yourself. We Smashers are all warriors at heart.

** Feel free to PM me if you want to talk anytime.
Thanks, I sent you a very long winded PM.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm starting to feel gloomy again. Lately I can't shake the feeling. I'm always good about covering up the feeling and giving advice here always seemed to help distract me from some of my own issues. Anyways....I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
It's an odd process that's hard to explain.
I mean, you don't need to turn your mind off. Just wait for things to fall into place. It's somewhat hard to worry about things you don't understand.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's an odd process that's hard to explain.
I mean, you don't need to turn your mind off. Just wait for things to fall into place. It's somewhat hard to worry about things you don't understand.
I understand completely the reasons that bring me to my lowest points. What I don't understand is how yoga would help.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
I'm not sure I understand it either. I assume it's why it and meditation go hand in hand. Understanding the limit and power of the self. Enlightenment.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
I'm not sure I understand it either. I assume it's why it and meditation go hand in hand. Understanding the limit and power of the self. Enlightenment.

Sorry... Couldn't help myself :p
I'm starting to feel gloomy again. Lately I can't shake the feeling. I'm always good about covering up the feeling and giving advice here always seemed to help distract me from some of my own issues. Anyways....I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Whats got you down? :confused:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not debatable. You are amazing.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What makes me unhappy? People who frown upon themselves. Stop being the negative and embrace the positive!

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Positive.

That is debatable. Laughably so.
Can't say for sure because I don't know you, but reaching out and giving kind words to a stranger like myself when I was crying at my desk the other day does put some good karma in your court. You are a kind person, thats rare and a beautiful quality in this age.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Look, I know you guys are trying to be positive and supportive, but please stop. I know what I am and I know what I am not.

@ Dylan_Tnga Dylan_Tnga , I am glad my words helped you feel somewhat better in your time of need.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Look, I know you guys are trying to be positive and supportive, but please stop. I know what I am and I know what I am not.

@ Dylan_Tnga Dylan_Tnga , I am glad my words helped you feel somewhat better in your time of need.
What you are: Whatever you want to be.

What you're not: Whatever you want to be.

Point is that you can decide what is good and bad about you. Look at me, I consider all of my bad things good! Cocky, ignorance, funny, ADHD, ADD, dsylexic and bad at spelling that last thing!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Point is that you can decide what is good and bad about you. Look at me, I consider all of my bad things good! Cocky, ignorance, funny, ADHD, ADD, dsylexic and bad at spelling that last thing!
I know what you are trying to say, but it is easier said than done, Rocket.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master

I like this post a lot. Basically you find the positives in your flaws. That's interesting. You acknowledge your flaws but you accept them as they make up your humanity.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like this post a lot. Basically you find the positives in your flaws. That's interesting. You acknowledge your flaws but you accept them as they make up your humanity.
Even raccoons have flashes of insight from time to time :).

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm doing better now than how I was doing a couple months ago, due to no longer being unemployed. But I still have that black hole feeling in my chest. Tonight it just came out of nowhere, and it's scary how quickly my mind can become fixated on painful memories.

The way I see it, there are at least four things causing me pain, but I feel virtually powerless in altering them.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I guess I'm doing better now than how I was doing a couple months ago, due to no longer being unemployed. But I still have that black hole feeling in my chest. Tonight it just came out of nowhere, and it's scary how quickly my mind can become fixated on painful memories.

The way I see it, there are at least four things causing me pain, but I feel virtually powerless in altering them.
I can relate to that. Distractions are good, but they aren't a cure. Not knowing what afflicts you, all I can say is I hope you can find and make peace with yourself.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512

Strength comes from the self, but power is not your own. You are the only one with the answers right now.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am little bit nervous about a Smash 4 tournament happing tomorrow. I think that i am much better at Smash 4 the Melee but i am really bad at comboing and punishing.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am little bit nervous about a Smash 4 tournament happing tomorrow. I think that i am much better at Smash 4 the Melee but i am really bad at comboing and punishing.
Don't worry about that. Just go and have fun. It'll be good practice.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
A three-day-off weekend and instead of goofing off playing games I'm just sitting here with a fever and a soar throat. I can't do anything without coughing all over the place every 10 seconds. :c

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A three-day-off weekend and instead of goofing off playing games I'm just sitting here with a fever and a soar throat. I can't do anything without coughing all over the place every 10 seconds. :c
Too sick to hold a controller and play games? That's too bad. I hope you get to feeling better.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My birthday is tomorrow. I celebrated a bit today, but I'm dreading tonight.

I'll probably be alone with my thoughts again after all the merriment. The idea is making me nauseous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom