• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You can't ask anybody to just sit down and chill?
That's happening later, possibly, but I'll be on my own after midnight. I haven't slept in over 24 hours so I'm hoping exhaustion overtakes me before any of the sadness.

I'll get a grip. I don't really have a choice.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
If you're having trouble sleeping you may want to see a doctor. You really shouldn't be thinking that way. Getting a grip rarely helps, I'm afraid. It can only make the issue get stronger within yourself.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I absolutely hate my living situation. I live right next to an asshole who is always blasting music, I have no space in my room and I have to go downstairs to use the bathroom or kitchen. 6 people to a bathroom is very gross too. Ther eis also a pest problem, I think I killed the last remaining mice that was coming into my room over the weekend but I suspect there are bed bugs over here as well. I'll be 26 in a little over two months and for my own sense of self worth I am getting out of there by then.

It occured to me last night that the reason why I'm still stuck in rooming housing despite being 25 and my 4th job now after college is because of my student loan fell into collections, right now I'm paying back 700 a month. And if I could just take 200 away from that a month and put towards rent I'd be able to afford an aparment comfrtably enough. I'd only be finishing my payments 2 months later so hipefully the loan company will go for it if I tell them I got evicted. That's plan B though, Plan A is to get a better paying job.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I absolutely hate my living situation. I live right next to an ******* who is always blasting music, I have no space in my room and I have to go downstairs to use the bathroom or kitchen. 6 people to a bathroom is very gross too. Ther eis also a pest problem, I think I killed the last remaining mice that was coming into my room over the weekend but I suspect there are bed bugs over here as well. I'll be 26 in a little over two months and for my own sense of self worth I am getting out of there by then.

It occured to me last night that the reason why I'm still stuck in rooming housing despite being 25 and my 4th job now after college is because of my student loan fell into collections, right now I'm paying back 700 a month. And if I could just take 200 away from that a month and put towards rent I'd be able to afford an aparment comfrtably enough. I'd only be finishing my payments 2 months later so hipefully the loan company will go for it if I tell them I got evicted. That's plan B though, Plan A is to get a better paying job.
I think all i can say is just go to Plan A.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I hate to spill this here but no one in my life seems to give a damn. I think I'm gonna break up with my girlfriend.

She and I can't hold any kind of conversation unless its something sexual. It drives me insane! I know I'm a guy and we are meant to dig that or whatever but that is just not me. I'm ok with talking about it but **** if I don't want to discuss other things sometimes!

She is a sweet girl but I just don't feel the connection I want with a woman. I feel like this relationship is doomed to fail but she is kinda my first girlfriend and honestly I'm worried no one else will ever say they love me. It's terrifying to me because I can't stand the thought of living my whole life alone.

And if I do break up with her she has had a history of self destruction. She has hurt herself over alot even when i begged her not to. On top of the fact that I'm the only guy shes dated that actually gives a **** about her. If i dump her how will she react? What will she do? I don't know what I should do. :urg:

Last edited:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Do you two have anything in common that you both love? Share passions for somethings?

Please give her another chance though, try to find something to talk about or do that you both enjoy. It can range from sports to games to art to even a TV show, heck even some facebook games.

If you both still have nothing to talk about to each-other other than sex after that, that's usually a pretty big sign you aren't really mean't for each other(unless sex involves most of your life). Being in a relationship still retains elements from friendship, if you aren't friends while being lovers, its hard to keep it up.

Coming up with a painless breakup speech is even harder than asking a girl out from my experience. But if you're really sure, that being together is going to hurt more than not, then try your best to make her understand completely. Just don't ditch her, try to keep talking to her if you do break up.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
We like some of the same TV and movies. She plays video games too occasionally but she isn't nearly as into them as I am. She likes to paint and I am a fan of art. She and I enjoy similar music and we are both affectionate people. We just can't hold conversations about anything xD.

There are things that we have that adds to my tension though. She is a vegetarian while I definately enjoy eating meat. That wouldn't be a problem at all (in fact it is intriguing to me) except for the fact that we can't eat out anywhere unless she just eats sides while I get a full meal. She says that its fine but it does bother me.

Also she is a devoted Christian and wishes for me to be one too and says that I'm just "finding my way". Except I was Christian once and I have sworn it away. I am agnostic and that will not be changing anytime soon. I'm fine with having differing beliefs but she really expects me to change my beliefs, eventually. It isn't happening.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
We like some of the same TV and movies. She plays video games too occasionally but she isn't nearly as into them as I am. She likes to paint and I am a fan of art. She and I enjoy similar music and we are both affectionate people. We just can't hold conversations about anything xD.

There are things that we have that adds to my tension though. She is a vegetarian while I definately enjoy eating meat. That wouldn't be a problem at all (in fact it is intriguing to me) except for the fact that we can't eat out anywhere unless she just eats sides while I get a full meal. She says that its fine but it does bother me.

Also she is a devoted Christian and wishes for me to be one too and says that I'm just "finding my way". Except I was Christian once and I have sworn it away. I am agnostic and that will not be changing anytime soon. I'm fine with having differing beliefs but she really expects me to change my beliefs, eventually. It isn't happening.
Before you break up with her you should tell her that you feel disconnected and that the onlly thing you guys are able to talk about is sex, and if the relationship is going to work that needs to change.

I once had a girlfriend who had the same problem and could only talk about sex. I brought it to her attention and it turns out the only thing she knew how to talk about was sex and we broke, but once my thoughts were validated I didn't feel regret in the least. If she is worth your time then she'll be able to pass this hurdle with you just fine.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Before you break up with her you should tell her that you feel disconnected and that the onlly thing you guys are able to talk about is sex, and if the relationship is going to work that needs to change.

I once had a girlfriend who had the same problem and could only talk about sex. I brought it to her attention and it turns out the only thing she knew how to talk about was sex and we broke, but once my thoughts were validated I didn't feel regret in the least. If she is worth your time then she'll be able to pass this hurdle with you just fine.
I did bring it up a few weeks ago, actually. She got pretty upset but she said pretty much the same thing. Her old boyfriends only really talked about sex and didn't care for her as a person. So it is understandable. I just wish I knew how to let her know that I'm not the same way.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Ask her how her day is going. I ow she feeling. What she thinks. Do t expect it to happen and don't wonder about how to make it happen. Hellx you could sit down and explain to her how you feel.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I'm hanging with this girl. She's lots of fun and she loves to hang out with me. We like to party hard and sh*t. One thing is that I DON'T like her like that. I think she's a great friend. I'm just under the impression that she might have a crush on me. Some things seem like she doesn't and she repeatedly calls me her "best friend" but other times she is grilling me about other girls and she likes to complain about boys to me, I think dropping hints that I should make a move. And I don't really want to. She's probably the closest friend I have now and I actually don't want to ruin that. I hung out with her last night and I'm afraid she might get upset with me that I won't ask her out or something.

Never thought I'd have this problem lol. Hoping that I'm just making this stuff up.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm hanging with this girl. She's lots of fun and she loves to hang out with me. We like to party hard and sh*t. One thing is that I DON'T like her like that. I think she's a great friend. I'm just under the impression that she might have a crush on me. Some things seem like she doesn't and she repeatedly calls me her "best friend" but other times she is grilling me about other girls and she likes to complain about boys to me, I think dropping hints that I should make a move. And I don't really want to. She's probably the closest friend I have now and I actually don't want to ruin that. I hung out with her last night and I'm afraid she might get upset with me that I won't ask her out or something.

Never thought I'd have this problem lol. Hoping that I'm just making this stuff up.
If she is that good of a friend, then she will appreciate honesty. I'd just confront her about it.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
While I'm staying at my grandma's house on weekdays for a temp job that lasts until mid-July, my mom calls and tells me she's disappointed because apparently $15/hr is not enough for a college graduate. The only college graduates I know who make a lot more than that are people who studied engineering or computer sciences, and even then not all of them get high paying jobs. :/

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
While I'm staying at my grandma's house on weekdays for a temp job that lasts until mid-July, my mom calls and tells me she's disappointed because apparently $15/hr is not enough for a college graduate. The only college graduates I know who make a lot more than that are people who studied engineering or computer sciences, and even then not all of them get high paying jobs. :/
Over here 15$/hr is where you start, if you do great you can get a raise, but a graduate with no experience doesn't deserve more then that where I live. I'm not sure about Cali's economy though, all I know is canadian money ain't worth crap atm.

If I were you I'd try my best to not let it bother me, in my book 15$/hr is just fine and this is only a temporary job, I wish you the best of luck buddy!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Over here 15$/hr is where you start, if you do great you can get a raise, but a graduate with no experience doesn't deserve more then that where I live. I'm not sure about Cali's economy though, all I know is canadian money ain't worth crap atm.

If I were you I'd try my best to not let it bother me, in my book 15$/hr is just fine and this is only a temporary job, I wish you the best of luck buddy!
Thanks. Minimum wage is about $10 in California.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Whenever something bad happens that I would usually tell my girlfriend, I get sad and remember that that we broke up and now I don't have anyone to share these experiences with. That primary companionship is so valuable to me.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Well, apparently I don't have to worry about breaking up with my girlfriend. Because she, out of nowhere, says that we need to talk about something later. I tell her that she can let me know now if something is bothering her (this was all on instagram) and she replies saying it would be better in person.

So I ask if something is wrong and she says that she has been thinking alot about her life and what she wants from it. Then I respond saying that she could tell me now and that it was all right. Now she has ignored me for 4 hours which has never once happened since we started dating (4 months).

I guess it's fine since I said I was thinking about breaking up yesterday but it would be nice if she would at least tell me how she felt and why she doesn't want to be with me anymore. I've done alot for this girl but I guess she doesn't respect me enough to simply come out and say it.

I apologize to anyone who reads this but I have to vent or I'm never gonna fall asleep tonight.

Last edited:

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Don't feel bad about it. That's what the thread is for. I was int he exact same situation a little while ago. The easiest way I found to deal with it was to do something I usually didn't. It probably won't work for someone else, but I figured I could give it to you. Give yourself a freedom if you know that you can find it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well, apparently I don't have to worry about breaking up with my girlfriend. Because she, out of nowhere, says that we need to talk about something later. I tell her that she can let me know now if something is bothering her (this was all on instagram) and she replies saying it would be better in person.

So I ask if something is wrong and she says that she has been thinking alot about her life and what she wants from it. Then I respond saying that she could tell me now and that it was all right. Now she has ignored me for 4 hours which has never once happened since we started dating (4 months).

I guess it's fine since I said I was thinking about breaking up yesterday but it would be nice if she would at least tell me how she felt and why she doesn't want to be with me anymore. I've done alot for this girl but I guess she doesn't respect me enough to simply come out and say it.

I apologize to anyone who reads this but I have to vent or I'm never gonna fall asleep tonight.
On the bright side, you've only been with her 4 months, you'll get over it quickly.

If I was you I would just send her a message saying it's done but I hope we can stay friends or something like that.

You deserve better than her dude, find someone who you can actually share your thoughts with. Being single is awesome, I prefer being single because you have more freedom.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well I saw a school therapist for the first time ever. Just getting to touch base on my depression, got a package to fill out too. I hope this therapy works...nothing feels different yet in my mood, but these changes just don't happen on the spot right?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well I saw a school therapist for the first time ever. Just getting to touch base on my depression, got a package to fill out too. I hope this therapy works...nothing feels different yet in my mood, but these changes just don't happen on the spot right?
Nope. And do yourself a huge favor. DON'T take antidepressants no matter what anyone tells you. I did and it almost lead to my demise, and quitting them caused physical pain.

Therapy works wonders, it's good to talk and get perspective from someone that isn't a friend who will automatically agree with you.

D

Deleted member

My grandparents were in town since Monday and they just left a few minutes ago. I didn't even get to say goodbye to them and it's making me upset and I even cried because of it. :/

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My grandparents were in town since Monday and they just left a few minutes ago. I didn't even get to say goodbye to them and it's making me upset and I even cried because of it. :/
I'm sure they will miss you too :).

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Nope. And do yourself a huge favor. DON'T take antidepressants no matter what anyone tells you. I did and it almost lead to my demise, and quitting them caused physical pain.

Therapy works wonders, it's good to talk and get perspective from someone that isn't a friend who will automatically agree with you.
Not all friends will tell you what you want to hear...

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

It takes a little while for therapy to have any effect, the thereapist won't get to know who you are from a questionaire or a single sesion, but once they do then it becomes bery helpful.

Last edited:

rock12et

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rock12et
Switch FC
7918-6826-7763
help plez bine having tonerys and want to stream it can u guys help and post it a round the web

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
help plez bine having tonerys and want to stream it can u guys help and post it a round the web
This isn't the thread for you to advertise towards your stream. You might have to find an alternative route for that.
You could always call or email them. I'm sure they were late for something.

Don't feel bad over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah please don't use the site just as an avenue to advertise your stream.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I'm mad that there's literally nowhere on the internet I can go to avoid the leaks. I'm mad that leaks exist. I'm mad that people are reporting them. I'm mad that I can't just wait until tomorrow for the news unless I actively ignore every website I go on for a day.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
I'm mad that there's literally nowhere on the internet I can go to avoid the leaks. I'm mad that leaks exist. I'm mad that people are reporting them. I'm mad that I can't just wait until tomorrow for the news unless I actively ignore every website I go on for a day.
I know that feeling, leaks ruin the surprise....
Still excited for Roy (Sorry Ryu...)
but my hype won't be as huge as it would have been if the leak wasn't shown...

Top Bottom