• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My mom is telling me to skip church again to invite her and my dad to watch Jurassic World, and she's telling me to pay for the tickets. I already missed church 3 weekends before. Now she's telling me I lack respect because I won't listen to her when she tells me to treat them to a movie because I just got a full time temp job until July...

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My mom is telling me to skip church again to invite her and my dad to watch Jurassic World, and she's telling me to pay for the tickets. I already missed church 3 weekends before. Now she's telling me I lack respect because I won't listen to her when she tells me to treat them to a movie because I just got a full time temp job until July...
It's your money to spend how you choose. She is lacking respect by telling you how you should spend your own hard earned money.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Currently stewing in salt over Ryu getting into Smash. Roy's meh, but the salt from Ryu is fairly big.

Still, I'm happy for the people that wanted him. Now they can enjoy the game even more than they did before.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Your mother accomplished something most parents can't even come close to, which is to raise a child to be a better person that they are.

Don't listen to her, its your hard earned money, she doesn't deserve any of it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm mad that there's literally nowhere on the internet I can go to avoid the leaks. I'm mad that leaks exist. I'm mad that people are reporting them. I'm mad that I can't just wait until tomorrow for the news unless I actively ignore every website I go on for a day.
Snape kills dumbledore bruh.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
She shouldn't tell you what to do with your money.

Now, not going to church, that's some good advice right there. There exists no greater evil than organzied religion. Usually it's the opposite, parents forcing their absurd beliefs onto their children... not the reverse lol.

I mean whatever floats your boat dude, do what you want.. but I'm pretty happy to hear of a parent encouraging their kid NOT to be brainwashed by religion and go see jurassic world instead, lol!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Ryu.... honestly shouldn't be in the game
I'm surprised that anyone is upset Ryu is in the game, why?

She shouldn't tell you what to do with your money.
Now, not going to church, that's some good advice right there. There exists no greater evil than organzied religion. Usually it's the opposite, parents forcing their absurd beliefs onto their children... not the reverse lol.
I mean whatever floats your boat dude, do what you want.. but I'm pretty happy to hear of a parent encouraging their kid NOT to be brainwashed by religion and go see jurassic world instead, lol!
You criticize his mother for throwing her opinion on him and then you do the same thing. Hypocrite much?

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You criticize his mother for throwing her opinion on him and then you do the same thing. Hypocrite much?
Nah all I said was it's his money she shouldn't tell him to "treat" her to a movie, it's his choice whether he does that or not.

Skipping / not going to church is something I agree with though. Neither of my kids have ever once set foot in a church nor are they baptised and I am damn happy about that, Christianity was forced on me and I always hated it from a young age. Also I am in a black metal band for over ten years now... so my opinions against religion are a little bias, even extreme.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I think they implemented Ryu quite well, he looks great and has some of his old imputs! Thats some amazing fanservice for players who love streetfighter. I'm honestly just happy to have another hand-to-hand fighter in this game.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I think they implemented Ryu quite well, he looks great and has some of his old imputs! Thats some amazing fanservice for players who love streetfighter. I'm honestly just happy to have another hand-to-hand fighter in this game.
I just find people who spam up tilt on FG...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I agree that it's pretty damn cool, and might get more SF players into smash as well.

I haven't played smash 4 yet... but now I am definitely going to give it a shot since Ryu is one of my favorite characters and I'm hyped to see him in smash. It's not Goku, but hey a man can dream right?

Lol back in the schoolyard days of grade 5/6 everyone was spreading rumors that vegeta and goku were unlockable in smash 64 XD

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I watched some of Nintendo E3 and i think it was okay... Starfox Zero, Mario Maker and Fire Emblem were the only interesting games. I am more hyped for the Final Fantasy 7 remake even when i think it's overrated (But still a good game).

Last edited:

arf

Smash Rookie
Used to run a decently-sized web community 3 years ago, haven't stepped foot into one since. I'm into competitive smash now, so I've been wanting to join in on the fun at SB but trying to be part of a community so big just seems daunting to me.

I watched some of Nintendo E3 and i think it was okay... Starfox Zero, Mario Maker and Fire Emblem were the only interesting games. I am more hyped for the Final Fantasy 7 remake even when i think it's overrated (But still a good game).
Nintendo does like 4-6 conferences a year. It's only natural they would have as much to show as companies who have been piling up stuff all year for this event. plus i got so hyped from the ffviiR announcement i think it wore me out and i didn't have any hype left for nintendaddy today ^^; Smash stuff was announced early, so they didn't have that to show either. But hey, they still made the conference pretty fun and enjoyable, in a "laid-back" kind of way.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
I just find people who spam up tilt on FG...
I've only faced good Ryus so far...
I found out you can do his side B and neutral B without pressing B

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I was kinda unhappy with Ryu with the leaks came out. But when I saw him play in game, I was quite pleased. He's now the only DLC character I might buy.

Mewtwo doesn't fit my play style and the other two don't look all that good.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Gonna have to find a new job. My company is scamming me by giving me the WORST possible leads, no better than cold calls.... I call them and they're like "not interested" and hang up, where as for the past YEAR I was getting qualified leads and doing 15-20 sales a month, raking in good commissions on top of my salary that I desperately need being a single father of 2 wonderful boys.

This is all a scam so they don't have to pay out commissions anymore but still get a few contracts out of it. My quota is 12 contracts in a month... which is difficult even with qualified leads, and they didn't lower the quota. They expect me to get the same sales with 10x worse leads and I'm fed up.

Not gonna quit till I get something else lined up, but this company can go **** itself.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
What saddens me is that Robin, my absolute favorite character ever, will be in Fire Emblem If/Fates as an Einherjar via amiibo that can be FOUGHT and recruited. My only problem is the fighting part. Yes, I'm aware that they are simply recreations of them, but real or not, it's heartbreaking to see the ultimate tactician and strategist be triumphed over dragon boy/dragon girl.

Soup's On!

Smash Cadet
I feel awkward with most of the Smash 4 characters and it's making me sad and frustrated that I can't find a good natural "click" with anybody.

It doesn't help that the vast majority of youtube videos I see of people playing features some annoying guy trying to be hilarious by screeching or repeating the same word over and over.

Last edited:

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
I feel awkward with most of the Smash 4 characters and it's making me sad and frustrated that I can't find a good natural "click" with anybody.

It doesn't help that the vast majority of youtube videos I see of people playing features some annoying guy trying to be hilarious by screeching or repeating the same word over and over.
Dang, I can relate...
When I picked up Shulk way back in the Smash 3DS days, he didn't "click" with me, but now I've got him down

If you haven't, pick a character that fits your playstyle
Then Learn that character

That's all I can say

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Dang, I can relate...
When I picked up Shulk way back in the Smash 3DS days, he didn't "click" with me, but now I've got him down

If you haven't, pick a character that fits your playstyle
Then Learn that character

That's all I can say
Might I add something? I just thought I should mention that there's another way to find that "click" you've been searching for, @ Soup's On! Soup's On! .
I picked Robin as my main because, well, he's my favorite character. Fire Emblem Awakening was perfect for me, and his character is just so very interesting. So, the point being is that you could pick a favorite character of yours to main.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Might I add something? I just thought I should mention that there's another way to find that "click" you've been searching for, @ Soup's On! Soup's On! .
I picked Robin as my main because, well, he's my favorite character. Fire Emblem Awakening was perfect for me, and his character is just so very interesting. So, the point being is that you could pick a favorite character of yours to main.
Classic mistake. I played link and only link in smash 64 and melee for YEARS before realizing just how hopelessly bad of a character he is compared to shiek fox marth falcon etc. Zelda is my favorite franchise so naturally I mained link.

If you're playing to win, you wanna pick a powerful character. I switched over to Fox / Falcon / Shiek as my 3 mains and have not regretted it. I love the speed and agression of fox more than simply playing my favorite character Link.

Roy seems pretty strong in smash 4 from what I've seen, why not try Roy? He's also from fire emblem so that's a plus

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
That's one way to do it lol
Classic mistake. I played link and only link in smash 64 and melee for YEARS before realizing just how hopelessly bad of a character he is compared to shiek fox marth falcon etc. Zelda is my favorite franchise so naturally I mained link.

If you're playing to win, you wanna pick a powerful character. I switched over to Fox / Falcon / Shiek as my 3 mains and have not regretted it. I love the speed and agression of fox more than simply playing my favorite character Link.

Roy seems pretty strong in smash 4 from what I've seen, why not try Roy? He's also from fire emblem so that's a plus
IMO It really depends on playstyle

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Playstyle or not, Link is a terrible character compared to fox. Equal skill fox vs Link, fox wins 90%

I'm only interested in winning, so I'll pick fox any day of the week over link, even though I'm actually pretty good with links bomb game.
lol that's obvious though, every character has some advantages...
But overall, It's not the character that matters (sometimes...) it's the player, Dittos show that

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Aren;t there like a million other rooms to talk about character viability in Smash?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even though I'm happy about watching Inside Out, sitting in that theater with a bunch of children rekindled my hatred of movie theaters.

They need to offer muzzles with the purchase of popcorn for children under 8 years old.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't live as myself under my current household. I have to fake being catholic when I'm atheist and I have to fake being straight when I'm a bisexual twink.
How many years do you have left at home? I'm assuming you're underage.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll be going into my senior of high school this year. I'll probably stay at home throughout some of college though.
You'll be much happier when you move out. Get a job, find an apartment. Then you'll be able to live your life for yourself instead of for your parents.

Employment period ending in like 6 weeks.

Despite gliding the message being rejected after several several phone interviews I have had is not encouraging. At least getting to on-site consideration would be encouraging.

Prospect of unemployment and grace period on student loans ending at the same time is not a happy feeling.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Employment period ending in like 6 weeks.

Despite gliding the message being rejected after several several phone interviews I have had is not encouraging. At least getting to on-site consideration would be encouraging.

Prospect of unemployment and grace period on student loans ending at the same time is not a happy feeling.
Job hunting sucks....no other words for it. Just keep at it and eventually something will stick. I'm sure it's discouraging, but just keep doing what you're doing.

Top Bottom