• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Online tournaments suck in terms of reasonable length. Don't expect anything of them, just hope you find ones where you'll be able to set aside a day for them rather than really late ones, or try hosting one. I used to run them and they're stressful to host. Local events to me are infinitely better as both a guest and host. It took me years to go to any, but they start to roll by after the first one.
I'll take your suggestion into consideration, thank you.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Just now, I was in an online doubles tournament. We were Team Fate Changers; a Robin and Lucina duo. We overcame many teams, and in some instances, I could have sworn we would have lost. But we made it to the Semifinals in the Loser's Bracket. We were doing good until tragedy stroke. My very own mother spotted me and commanded me to go to sleep. I tried to convince her how important it was to me, but it appears she just didn't want to listen. I was forced to forfeit midmatch, letting my teammate, and even myself down. We got so far, all to be stopped in an instance by parenting. I understand that she was doing this for the better of me, but I can't bear to live the guilt of having making my partner forfeit. This feeling I have right now, as I'm typing this, is truly overwhelming. I honestly just want to curl up and cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life. I can no longer show my face towards others, as I'm afraid I'll let them down even more.
...I'm sorry for coming out like this. I just needed a place, where people would understand, and this is it. Don't feel sorry for me; it was my own careless mistake. How could I possibly think I could have finished the tournament in an hour or so? Well, that's enough sorrow for one post, I suppose.
It's fine, you wanna know why? Because you guys got far and seemed to have fun.
It wasn't your fault, so don't blame yourself. Did you explain to your teammate? Was he/she okay with it? If so, don't weigh yourself down with the grief.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
It's fine, you wanna know why? Because you guys got far and seemed to have fun.
It wasn't your fault, so don't blame yourself. Did you explain to your teammate? Was he/she okay with it? If so, don't weigh yourself down with the grief.
I know. I was just feeling a stir of emotions at the time. I'm completely fine now, however, so thanks for caring. And yes, I did explain, and he was completely fine with it. He said that 3rd was the farthest he ever got in doubles tournaments, but I wanted to bring him, I wanted to bring us, to maybe 1st. I won't weigh myself down anymore, thank you.

Hey guys. Got a decent list of issues I'd like to share.

1: I hate my job. I absolutely dread it. Especially in the summer. The previous two summers there have been full-time work and I was really looking forward to avoiding another. Disability was my make-or-break on being able to take fewer hours and go back to school, but I was denied. I know a few others with the same condition who have all succeeded in getting disability and I'm the only failure story I know. Life was already hard enough with it, I had to deal with enough over the years, and now I can't even catch a break after all that.
Yesterday was absolutely horrible, this was when I really contemplated quitting and weighed my other options on breaks where I was hesitant to walk back in. I walked into a 55-top first thing in the morning that I had to take care of myself, the day was nonstop slammed and I constantly had to go through triple bus tubs. The new night dishwasher who was supposed to show never did, so I had to stay quite a while. I have a feeling summer absolutely will get worse, it's been busier than our last one which was already unbearably hard, everyone in town is getting the shaft on employment and being understaffed, and I'm not sure what to do or where to go. This is my first job, so I'm afraid to take the leap of possibly quitting and disappointing my family and coworkers, but I'm starting to not care about that and thinking more about alternatives.
There is a resort I live near that I could work for, two more dollars per hour plus tips, and more break opportunities along with one of my best friends working there, but my buddy's been working 6 days per week lately with 10-12 hour days due to how understaffed it is, and I don't think I can handle that. I finally talked him into saying no more on at least 6 days a week. I'm afraid to apply to gas stations, stores, etc. because it might be worse. I don't want to apply to food ever again, either. My current job is hell and I don't want to take the leap because knowing my luck things will get worse. I don't know what to do or what's generally considered easy or at least easier. I just want a much less stressful job that doesn't make me think of driving off a cliff (which I could never bring myself to do, I don't want to die that bad and potentially living with a totaled car, hospital bills, and permanent injuries would suck) and ending it all on my way home on the days like the one I described earlier. The thought still crosses my mind, but only on the worst days. Every day/week is bad, no exception, even when I'm optimistic every day at work. It eventually breaks that. Low hourly wage and nothing that separates five terrible days in a row from five dead, easy days in a row doesn't motivate me at all. Even after naps or rest after work, I'm still in pain and my head's still in a foggy state where I can't do the things I truly want to accomplish on these hellish days, and I see nothing but them coming for this summer when I have too many goals in mind to afford that.

2: Disability. Like I mentioned earlier, I was the only one I know with my condition who was denied while the others I know are success stories. What I have makes everything more stressful and more of a burden, more difficult for my mind to handle, it alienated me from my peers an extreme amount in school, but I've gotten past many obstacles with it. I'm really bummed out because I wanted to put more time into becoming a teacher and designing games during the downtime between summer hours and semesters with disability $$$. Working full-time at the job I described is going to make it much harder to achieve my goals, but I have to do what I have to do. I tried juggling classes with full-time work, that goes into a weird area where I feel like I don't have time to really enjoy life and I can't afford it now anyways. I'll think of something, I suppose.
Besides trying to get disability $$$, I tried therapy before and absolutely despised every faucet of it. I don't view therapy as a real profession with how bad every therapist I've met has performed or how uncomfortable they make me feel despite how professional they seem, and I refuse to take medication. I don't want medicine to change who I am or cause any adverse side effects, especially after knowing a few people who have died from being incorrectly prescribed and taking the "right" amount/medication. Some of my goals are beating these obstacles. I adamantly refuse to take therapy or become medicated and I'll find a way without them.

3: Women. I feel like I'm a failure no matter what with them. Things get going or look bright and then everything falls apart. That's when I'm lucky compared to what usually happens, where things end quickly or I just get left for a better guy in a handful of circumstances. I either: A: get denied (most common), B: Date for a few days, get dumped, and then I see them dating another guy 1-2 days after, or C: Things take off, look bright, then stop before they truly begin and when I think I've finally won.
After how high I got my hopes up earlier this year, when I assured myself that I would finally win after how good things were looking with the girl I was with and that I couldn't take another heartbreak because things were brighter than ever, when I thought I found a worthy soulmate: I was replaced. That wasn't too long ago.
My hope for that specific relationship was killed and I don't think I'll ever pursue that again. I can't tell if she's dropping hints at rekindling it or not but if she ends up serious about it I'll probably tell her to **** off.
I know things can work out, though. I had a successful relationship in my teens that lasted two years before the girl I was with died due to heart problems. It took me a long time to move on, and I think I finally did sometime in 2013.
That's my only glimmer of hope in being cheated on, replaced, denied, losing after things bright and last a fair amount of time, and not being given much time too many times. I don't feel like I can take or handle it anymore. Yet I did, but I'm even more down from it.
I have trouble approaching women to begin with, and I've had quite a bit of time to move on. There's another girl I like who uses the boards here, but she's seen my worst/most bitter side surface in several threads on other people, in the most unecessary and foolish ways, and I always want to be an admirable person or equal to any woman I approach and I feel it's too late to do that with the kind of person I am. She's in too crucial of a role for me to ruin that with any advances, too. I haven't seen any signs of mutual feelings and don't think I ever will, but letting them slip for either side in a less vague way than this might not be the best idea. Time will tell.
I want to not bother with this area of life after my experiences, but there's some drive in me to not give up just yet here.

Basic premise:
1: I despise my job, how much I'm forced to sacrifice for the workforce, and knowing that others out there have it even worse, so I'm not sure if I'm in a position to complain. I'm too angry about it to care. Nobody should have their lives revolving around their job unless it's a career they worked hard for, and even then they shouldn't be forced to sacrifice too much for it. The world doesn't work that way, though.
2: I strongly disdain how I'm treated by the government. I get a speeding ticket? Better pay it in 20 days, no exceptions, or I need to go to court. I need disability money? I can get rediagnosed a few years ago after my grandmother refuses to hand over any medical records, only to hop through months worth of hoops, only to be denied.
3: Love sucks and I'm tired of seeing success stories from all of my friend circles and closest friends while I'm destined to be denied, or left and replaced when I finally do get in the step of having a relationship. I'm tired of liking women I feel I won't get anywhere with. I can't shake it off as easily as I want. I get incredibly jealous and a little bitter seeing successful couples, and posts over the years from so many friends who have found their own success stories that have lasted quite a while and seem to spout quite a bit of happiness.

I don't feel like I'm a special person or that there's anything special about me. I feel like I'm a waste of time to my friends, family, women, and the average person. I feel far below human in the workforce and from the government. I feel like my disability limits me from winning these battles and I can't get even get compensation for it after years of growing up with alienation, stress, and pain from it alone. It feels more and more true that my own life is a lost battle over time, the only thing I can keep going with is just enjoying my time outside work and other nonsense, even if I feel like I'm getting nowhere with it. I feel like I've lost everything I've had that makes me able to accomplish my goals from it, that things will get worse and I can only move on by amounting to little. I'm completely and constantly plagued by sadness and depression I can't shake, and want nothing more than to fight it when I feel I was unarmed and defeated long ago.

I have more I could get into, but I have a shift I need to be in for soon. Thankfully, it's a short one.

Last edited:

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
3: Women. I feel like I'm a failure no matter what with them. Things get going or look bright and then everything falls apart. That's when I'm lucky compared to what usually happens, where things end quickly or I just get left for a better guy in a handful of circumstances. I either: A: get denied (most common), B: Date for a few days, get dumped, and then I see them dating another guy 1-2 days after, or C: Things take off, look bright, then stop before they truly begin and when I think I've finally won.
After how high I got my hopes up earlier this year, when I assured myself that I would finally win after how good things were looking with the girl I was with and that I couldn't take another heartbreak because things were brighter than ever, when I thought I found a worthy soulmate: I was replaced. That wasn't too long ago.
My hope for that specific relationship was killed and I don't think I'll ever pursue that again. I can't tell if she's dropping hints at rekindling it or not but if she ends up serious about it I'll probably tell her to **** off.
I know things can work out, though. I had a successful relationship in my teens that lasted two years before the girl I was with died due to heart problems. It took me a long time to move on, and I think I finally did sometime in 2013.
That's my only glimmer of hope in being cheated on, replaced, denied, losing after things bright and last a fair amount of time, and not being given much time too many times. I don't feel like I can take or handle it anymore. Yet I did, but I'm even more down from it.
I have trouble approaching women to begin with, and I've had quite a bit of time to move on. There's another girl I like who uses the boards here, but she's seen my worst/most bitter side surface in several threads on other people, in the most unecessary and foolish ways, and I always want to be an admirable person or equal to any woman I approach and I feel it's too late to do that with the kind of person I am. She's in too crucial of a role for me to ruin that with any advances, too. I haven't seen any signs of mutual feelings and don't think I ever will, but letting them slip for either side in a less vague way than this might not be the best idea. Time will tell.
I want to not bother with this area of life after my experiences, but there's some drive in me to not give up just yet here.

I don't feel like I'm a special person or that there's anything special about me. I feel like I'm a waste of time to my friends, family, women, and the average person. I feel far below human in the workforce and from the government. I feel like my disability limits me from winning these battles and I can't get even get compensation for it after years of growing up with alienation, stress, and pain from it alone. It feels more and more true that my own life is a lost battle over time, the only thing I can keep going with is just enjoying my time outside work and other nonsense, even if I feel like I'm getting nowhere with it. I feel like I've lost everything I've had that makes me able to accomplish my goals from it, that things will get worse and I can only move on by amounting to little. I'm completely and constantly plagued by sadness and depression I can't shake, and want nothing more than to fight it when I feel I was unarmed and defeated long ago.

I have more I could get into, but I have a shift I need to be in for soon. Thankfully, it's a short one.
Love is a B**ch, but there usually is a person out there for everyone, no matter what you think or what others tell you
I always get denied...

Last edited:

Soup's On!

Smash Cadet
Seriously debating just cutting my losses, trading in my copy of Smash, and doing something else with my time. I'm just no good at this game, I'm predictable and get read like an open book. Meanwhile, reading and unpredictability are things that everybody else seems to just know. I get demoralized easily enough as it is, and when I get soundly trounced over and over again, everything I try just getting flat-out countered so I'm helpless the whole match?

Maybe at one point I wanted to try and get better or figure it out. Right now, I just freaking give up.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Hey guys. Got a decent list of issues I'd like to share.

1: I hate my job. I absolutely dread it. Especially in the summer. The previous two summers there have been full-time work and I was really looking forward to avoiding another. Disability was my make-or-break on being able to take fewer hours and go back to school, but I was denied. I know a few others with the same condition who have all succeeded in getting disability and I'm the only failure story I know. Life was already hard enough with it, I had to deal with enough over the years, and now I can't even catch a break after all that.
Yesterday was absolutely horrible, this was when I really contemplated quitting and weighed my other options on breaks where I was hesitant to walk back in. I walked into a 55-top first thing in the morning that I had to take care of myself, the day was nonstop slammed and I constantly had to go through triple bus tubs. The new night dishwasher who was supposed to show never did, so I had to stay quite a while. I have a feeling summer absolutely will get worse, it's been busier than our last one which was already unbearably hard, everyone in town is getting the shaft on employment and being understaffed, and I'm not sure what to do or where to go. This is my first job, so I'm afraid to take the leap of possibly quitting and disappointing my family and coworkers, but I'm starting to not care about that and thinking more about alternatives.
There is a resort I live near that I could work for, two more dollars per hour plus tips, and more break opportunities along with one of my best friends working there, but my buddy's been working 6 days per week lately with 10-12 hour days due to how understaffed it is, and I don't think I can handle that. I finally talked him into saying no more on at least 6 days a week. I'm afraid to apply to gas stations, stores, etc. because it might be worse. I don't want to apply to food ever again, either. My current job is hell and I don't want to take the leap because knowing my luck things will get worse. I don't know what to do or what's generally considered easy or at least easier. I just want a much less stressful job that doesn't make me think of driving off a cliff (which I could never bring myself to do, I don't want to die that bad and potentially living with a totaled car, hospital bills, and permanent injuries would suck) and ending it all on my way home on the days like the one I described earlier. The thought still crosses my mind, but only on the worst days. Every day/week is bad, no exception, even when I'm optimistic every day at work. It eventually breaks that. Low hourly wage and nothing that separates five terrible days in a row from five dead, easy days in a row doesn't motivate me at all. Even after naps or rest after work, I'm still in pain and my head's still in a foggy state where I can't do the things I truly want to accomplish on these hellish days, and I see nothing but them coming for this summer when I have too many goals in mind to afford that.

2: Disability. Like I mentioned earlier, I was the only one I know with my condition who was denied while the others I know are success stories. What I have makes everything more stressful and more of a burden, more difficult for my mind to handle, it alienated me from my peers an extreme amount in school, but I've gotten past many obstacles with it. I'm really bummed out because I wanted to put more time into becoming a teacher and designing games during the downtime between summer hours and semesters with disability $$$. Working full-time at the job I described is going to make it much harder to achieve my goals, but I have to do what I have to do. I tried juggling classes with full-time work, that goes into a weird area where I feel like I don't have time to really enjoy life and I can't afford it now anyways. I'll think of something, I suppose.
Besides trying to get disability $$$, I tried therapy before and absolutely despised every faucet of it. I don't view therapy as a real profession with how bad every therapist I've met has performed or how uncomfortable they make me feel despite how professional they seem, and I refuse to take medication. I don't want medicine to change who I am or cause any adverse side effects, especially after knowing a few people who have died from being incorrectly prescribed and taking the "right" amount/medication. Some of my goals are beating these obstacles. I adamantly refuse to take therapy or become medicated and I'll find a way without them.

Basic premise:
1: I despise my job, how much I'm forced to sacrifice for the workforce, and knowing that others out there have it even worse, so I'm not sure if I'm in a position to complain. I'm too angry about it to care. Nobody should have their lives revolving around their job unless it's a career they worked hard for, and even then they shouldn't be forced to sacrifice too much for it. The world doesn't work that way, though.
2: I strongly disdain how I'm treated by the government. I get a speeding ticket? Better pay it in 20 days, no exceptions, or I need to go to court. I need disability money? I can get rediagnosed a few years ago after my grandmother refuses to hand over any medical records, only to hop through months worth of hoops, only to be denied.
3: Love sucks and I'm tired of seeing success stories from all of my friend circles and closest friends while I'm destined to be denied, or left and replaced when I finally do get in the step of having a relationship. I'm tired of liking women I feel I won't get anywhere with. I can't shake it off as easily as I want. I get incredibly jealous and a little bitter seeing successful couples, and posts over the years from so many friends who have found their own success stories that have lasted quite a while and seem to spout quite a bit of happiness.

I'm sorry that all of this is happening to you. Truly, I am. Hopefully things will get better for you later on. I'll try my best to offer some advice that'll help you.
1: Yes, life is certainly challenging. But we can't afford to avoid these challenges—we have to find a way through them. Perhaps you could find something enjoyable in your job that will make working there bearable. Whatever your dream job is, I'm sure you'll get there one day. Great things don't come easily.
2: Seems like in this world, most people only care about money. If a lack of funds is what you need, then why not give fundraising a shot? People can be very generous too, you know.
3: I'm no love doctor, but love is definitely a tricky, yet wonderful thing. No need to be down—you'll find your soulmate eventually. Just be you, and whoever will love you for that is the one.

Seriously debating just cutting my losses, trading in my copy of Smash, and doing something else with my time. I'm just no good at this game, I'm predictable and get read like an open book. Meanwhile, reading and unpredictability are things that everybody else seems to just know. I get demoralized easily enough as it is, and when I get soundly trounced over and over again, everything I try just getting flat-out countered so I'm helpless the whole match?

Maybe at one point I wanted to try and get better or figure it out. Right now, I just freaking give up.
No, no! Don't throw in the towel just yet! There's plenty of things you can do! Believe me, at some points, I've felt the same way as you. But you know what I learned? I learned that knowing your character—knowing exactly how they play and how they should play—is the key to victory. My main is Robin, and he's definitely no Sheik. He simply cannot be as quick—nor as aggressive. That's not how Robin is played at all. He relies on spacing and timing. I've spent my time practicing with Level 9 CPU's enough to be able to punish more often because I've learned what moves can be used to punish rolling and mistakes in general. I've had problems with reading my opponents—mainly rolling—but I worked hard to get better at it. I searched on how to practice punishing rolls, and from what I've learned, Training Mode helps quite a bit. Here's what you do: You set the CPU to Level 9, then you set them in Evade. They'll roll sometimes, so make sure you try to predict where they're going. Once you've determined their future location, attack them with your least laggiest move. This includes least start-up lag and ending lag. If it hits, you've read them like a children's book. If it doesn't, keep trying until you do. Also, have you tried guides? They might be able to help as well.

I honestly hope that I was able to help the both of you, even if it was just by a little bit. I've had quite some depressing times, but people were there for me, and I thought I'd return the favor. I can't stand not helping those who need a hand.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, after a meeting with my teacher, he decided that my performance at my clinical placements for nursing were not good enough and pulled the plug. I'm out of my psych nursing program. All that moneys and years...for not. I feel like crap. I'm back at square one. So now that I have no school, car, girlfriend, and a crappy retail job...where do I got now? I hope to speak to an educatonal advisor about future career options regarding health care or whatever else...but I don't know. My depression really hits a new low every day. I need help.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So, after a meeting with my teacher, he decided that my performance at my clinical placements for nursing were not good enough and pulled the plug. I'm out of my psych nursing program. All that moneys and years...for not. I feel like crap. I'm back at square one. So now that I have no school, car, girlfriend, and a crappy retail job...where do I got now? I hope to speak to an educatonal advisor about future career options regarding health care or whatever else...but I don't know. My depression really hits a new low every day. I need help.
Oh dear. You seem to be in a LOT of trouble. Well, you still have the retail job, right? Maybe you can work yourself up to earning higher wages. I do really hope that things get better for you too.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh dear. You seem to be in a LOT of trouble. Well, you still have the retail job, right? Maybe you can work yourself up to earning higher wages. I do really hope that things get better for you too.
Basically my communication skills with patients weren't good. I guess it was bound to happen given how hard it is to fake a smile around anyone but my peer group...*sigh*. I couldn't even re-apply back until a year now. I'm going to explore new field now though. And for now, drown myself in finding new work hours, I guess..

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Basically my communication skills with patients weren't good. I guess it was bound to happen given how hard it is to fake a smile around anyone but my peer group...*sigh*. I couldn't even re-apply back until a year now. I'm going to explore new field now though. And for now, drown myself in finding new work hours, I guess..
Good luck trying to find a better job! It's tough out there in the real world. I wish you the best.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Perhaps. Even so, there are still plenty of ways to cool down in the heat. A nice cold drink could help. A fan could help too; whether mechanical, electrical, or even paper, they'll still do the same job as effectively.
I don't have a fan even sometimes drinking water (Untill later on that night) and opening the window sometimes did not help.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't have a fan even sometimes drinking water (Untill later on that night) and opening the window sometimes did not help.
Not even a wad of paper? Goodness, you poor thing. You must've been sweating like a horse!
This may seem a bit... odd for me to ask, but have you taken off your clothes to help cool down? If so, did that help at all?

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Not yet but i might try it... Tyneside is too hot... Newcastle is the best city in the UK IMO but... It's too hot!

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The dukes of hazard were taken off the air because we still can't stop ******** about the Confederate flag

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The dukes of hazard were taken off the air because we still can't stop ******** about the Confederate flag
While I can agree with not having it hung in public places, I don't see why they need to ban works of art or games, especially ones for historical purposes. I heard there were some civil war games taken off some service. If they are going to do that because it may offend people of African descent, might as well take off all WWII games as well since Jews might find the Nazi flag offensive. Just thoughts on flags being used in games, education, or works of art.

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
any reason why you can't be a general nurse? there are heaps of other options for nursing out there. i'm about 1 1/2years qualified as an rn and i've worked in med surg and rehab. you still need to communication skills, but there's a stronger clinucal skill component than psych nursing, plus that kinda nursing is high burnout and high risk of assault. up to you.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
any reason why you can't be a general nurse? there are heaps of other options for nursing out there. i'm about 1 1/2years qualified as an rn and i've worked in med surg and rehab. you still need to communication skills, but there's a stronger clinucal skill component than psych nursing, plus that kinda nursing is high burnout and high risk of assault. up to you.
Well, I'm considering it as an option, but it's much more difficult to get into though as opposed to psych nursing at my school.I'm also looking at other options in the health care aspect that I may like more. But for now, I'm making an appeal to my school to get a W on my transcript instead of an F for that course + tuition refund to some extent. Then, I'll have some time to think of if I want to return to psych nursing if I win or enter a new field. So...here's hoping my appeal wins. I think I have a good chance so far.

Top Bottom